Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucian D Waverfield
I dont want waffles
I honestly doubt Gaia will publicly announce it- for the safety of the winner.

I was just about to post about this.

Like you said, for the safety of the winner; I hope they don't reveal whom it is.

Did gaia ever have a lottery?

I heard they did and didn't accounced the winner.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
I dont want waffles
I honestly doubt Gaia will publicly announce it- for the safety of the winner.
Agreed, if I won it I'd probably sell it since I'd never use it, then use the outrageous amount of gold I get to buy myself some stuff and spread around some donations.
Good Gaia, that's insanely generous of you! O_O If you did win, I'm sure you'd bring a lot of joy to those envious/ questing Gaians. XD

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
that would be terrible for the user, if they did that it would be the stupidest thing gaia has ever done
I highly doubt they'll announce the winner to the public. The staff will probably just send the user a congratulatory PM and the gift.
i don't think gaia is stupid or thoughtless enough to announce
the winner of the halo contest... but if i won the contest, i would
probably make a thread about my awesome luck in the gcd cool

Timid Dabbler

I don't think Gaia would announce the winner.
I have a feeling that would be too problematic.

I just hope none of the users that spent hundreds/thousands on the halo raffle start screaming about how unfair it is if they didn't win.
I hope they would have more tact then that, but then again, I'd get mad too if someone flaunted an item that I spent lot's of money trying to get.

So maybe it would just be a good idea for the winner to go into hiding for a bit, and wait for the heat to die down before wearing/flaunting/selling the halo.

Aged Noob

If I were the winner of the contest...
I would probably give it to someone else. You know, like hot potato. o:
User Image

I hope Gaia maybe checks out the persons background.
God knows, maybe even a mule may get it.
They should do some digging towards the winner of the raffle before handing it over.
I really want to see it go to someone who deserves/wants it.

Also, big fear of mine is that someone will win it, another will PM/comment them. "I'll buy for 100k."
"Oh dear golly gosh, for that much? Of course!"
Don't waste the halo.

I feel like cowering in a corner. ;~;
Wouldn't everyone be just so mad if that user was some newb that left 2 days after getting that halo, not even sure what to do with it?
Rachel is Outrageous
i don't think gaia is stupid or thoughtless enough to announce
the winner of the halo contest... but if i won the contest, i would
probably make a thread about my awesome luck in the gcd cool
So would I. The news would come out eventually when I try to sell it anyway. xP
They've announced the winners to all of their other contests, why wouldn't they announce the winner to their biggest contest yet?

I too feel very bad for that person. Tremendously. They should turn their PMs off the moment they find out.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yilanti Midnight
I'm not so scared for Gaia because this site has gone through worse crap, but targeting a single human being is just a bit too much. The thing I wonder is, will we as a community be strong enough to resist throwing negative attention to the winner? Or will we keep going to attempt to break this person's will for our own self-satisfaction?
It's inevitable that insults will be thrown. It's due to jealousy, greed. This ONE user won a Halo, and not them, unless they didn't even spend a buck with GCash, in which case they have no right to complain or whine at all.

But as I've said, if I win, my PMs and comments stay open to the public. I pay no mind to them, and it'd be great to read all those scam PMs. lol

But I don't care who wins either, or who loses. It's one item, something I'd only wear to have my Inbox filled and my comments flooded, and everyone crowding me upon entering Towns. Or falsely reporting me because I'm a "stoopid haxxorz." xd

Click now →User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sugary Sweetheart

well, i do hope the winner is a decent person who deserves it. u_u and they will probably address the person before announcing it and if the person adds they don't want to be included in the announcement, Gaia will have enough respect to do so... at least i hope.

if i won that contest, i'd just buy an OMG and maybe one or two other expensive items... i wouldn't just donate to my friends. basically, if they ever asked for anything from me, i'd just give it to them on command. i'd be like their bank.. or something. xD

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Soiraen
    i'd be like their bank.. or something. xD
Philanthropist, not bank.

Friendly Seeker

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kaos Incarnate
"I'm not going to ride on a magic carpet!"
he hissed. "I'm afraid of grounds."
"You mean heights," said Conina.

The person that wins can always set pms and comments to friends only

"And stop being silly."
"I know what I mean!
It's the grounds that kill you!"

They can also set their profile to private for a while. Hopefully they'll not announce the winner just out of safety.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff