Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie nodded to Miko's offer to help her keep her energy bursts under control. "That would be wonderful!" she said gratefully. "I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get, because I don't know the first thing about this stuff, and that worries me."

Cade came in the shop just then, and he was dancing to the music in his earbuds. He made a joke about the fact that the shop was still standing, and Natalie stuck out her tongue and said, "It's still standin' for now! Anyway...what've you been up to, stranger?" It had been a while since she'd seen her cousin.

Jorgen assured her that he was fine, but Natalie wasn't really all that sure. He wasn't projecting his usual glamour that made him look human, and his voice was shaky and stuttering. "Maybe you should sit down for a while," she suggested. "You act like you're not feelin' well."

It was then that Ross was giving her a detailed list of what to expect during Lucy's pregnancy. The babies would be due in about three months, and Lucy was going to become ravenously hungry a lot of the time. "I can talk to the grocery suppliers at my place if you guys need more meat," she said softly. "And I don't know what kinds of nonlethal weapons would be good for use with Lucy, because I don't wanna hurt the babies. I have a taser with me at all times, but that's mainly to use against actual creeps, and not my friend. My pregnant friend. D'you have any suggestions on somethin' I can use?"

She sighed. "And to be honest, I am not comfortable with coverin' up killings. It's the kind of thing I've never done before, and never thought I'd be doing, even in this line of work. But I--I guess I understand the need for it, and it shouldn't be too hard to make sure the news and the cops stay out of it. My offer to provide groceries as much as possible still stands, though." She just hoped that it wouldn't come to that, at least not with innocent people.

"As far as the paperwork on your records goes, the work's almost done. Just a few more records to expunge."

She spotted Novu in the bookshop, and she gave him a wave and a small smile, but between worrying about Ross and Lucy, and worrying about her own newfound propensity to overload people with energy by touching them, she didn't feel as bubbly as she usually did...

((Edited! ^^))

Tipsy Lunatic

Ugh, with the magic! The poor rat didn't deserve to be tossed around like that, but it crossed the distance between then with one step and took and poor creature, neasteling it under one arm so he could stroke it with both hands.
"Calm dafuq down, man."
An hour was an hour and it was exhausted., Nat sounded right and it made a soft groan, The rat in arm, Jorgen made its way back out by means of the front door.

((sorry, to drunk, if you can imagine that, to keep myself going. bed timeee.))
User Image

"Yo!" he greeted Miko back, waving enthusiastically. By the serious sounding conversation, something was going on with Nat that Miko was helping with. He knew the agent enjoyed her privacy, so he wouldn't pry in public. Nope, he'd corner her later to get the story.

Cade also sent a wave at Ross and Lucy. The teen was still a little wary around Lucy, given how she'd reacted to them being in her basement..... but Ross was cool. Going through his own stuff, but weren't they all?

Seeing a rat being flung across the shop and caught by someone he was sure he'd seen at the cafe Natalie lived at before, the teen asked, "Did I just walk into some sort of underground black market deal for rats....?"

Cade felt a tingle in the darkness around the shop. Pretty soon someone else came waltzing through. Cade was forced to do a double take. That guy just shadow-ported! Cade had never met another person who could do that!

Returning his eyes to Natalie, Cade rubbed at the back of his neck. "Weeeeell~" he sang out, "A lot of stuff happened. There was this guy, right? Walking down the street and a heavy trunk fell out of a window. Nearly smashed the guy! So it turns out someone wanted this guy dead, and I couldn't just stand there and watch a bad cartoon come to life. I mean, the guy was standing on a painted X for cryin' out loud! So I had to help; couldn't just let a nice guy like that get smooshed. Turns out it was a big misunderstanding, and I just got back. How have you been?" Cade told his story with the necessary, wild hand gestures and silly sound effects, like the cartoon whistle of a falling object.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

*.* Miko *.*
*.* The Feline Healer *.*

Miko blinked in surprise at Cade. She had trouble following him. Somehow, she had actually forgotten this aspect of him. Considering how much time she'd spent with him before they went their separate ways, she felt this was something she should have remembered.

"We can do this later though, when you're... feeling more up to it." Miko told Natalie with a smile. "And Cade... I'm sorry, I couldn't exactly follow... anything you just said." Something about a guy getting squashed by a truck while he was over a red X. That had been the just of it... but for her she just couldn't follow any of that.

Miko then blinked at the man that had addressed Natalie. Just... how much did this woman have on her metaphorical plate? No wonder the woman never had that ability manifest on it's own. She kept herself so busy that she couldn't even experiment with her own abilities.

User Image
*-* Neishi *-*

Neishi took that moment to walk into the shop. She was glad her guess was correct. She had her arms crossed and was staring right at the boy... her tail flinging this way and that in irritation. He knew how much it annoyed her when he just... walked off on his own. Yet he continued to do so anyway. She said nothing, however, just stood there... right there... staring at him.

Tactical Tipper

Wilton flinched slightly as the creature took the large rat, exiting the shop with it in tow. He was perfectly happy to let the thing go, in fact he was glad to be rid the burden of looking after the slow witted creature as he waited for it to un-summon. He resented the stranger's insistence that the calm down given its terrifying stature, and in any case calming down wasn't something Wilton excelled at doing. The small chemist quickly finished his retreat into the lab to regain his composure. Once he calmed down, he could take some notes on the unexpected summoning outcome.

((Night y'all!))

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Even as Cade was telling her a story that seemed like it would make a great movie, and Neishi came in glaring at Cade, Natalie was feeling so drained again. She was physically and emotionally exhausted, and still just trying to understand what was happening to her and how she could deal with it.

"Miko," she asked softly, "I think I'm gonna go in the Tarot room for a bit. Can you come with me for a few minutes and maybe show me some basic beginner things I can do to keep my power, or whatever you wanna call it, under control?"

((You can have Miko lead Natalie back there...I can't post anything coherent anymore. Good night, everybody! emotion_zzz ))
User Image

"No a trunk. Like a chest, you know? Big wooden thing. Filled with bowling pins. No idea why...." Hearing the strain in Natalie's voice, Cade visibly drooped. "You not feeling well?" Wait.... power!? "Yeah go rest and whatnot Nat," the teen continued, shooing Natalie toward the tarot room. Though as he did so, he gave her a Look that meant he expected to talk about this later. He wanted to know what was going on.

Cade felt a warm tingle jab itself into the back of his head. Turning around and yep, sure enough. Neishi was there. "Hey you finally caught up," Cade said energetically, his energy returning rather quickly. "I was just tellin' them about the fallen trunk thing."

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

*.* Miko *.*
*.* The Feline Healer *.*

"Oh of course." Miko told Natalie. If she wanted to start now rather than later, she didn't mind. She followed the woman into the Tarot Room. "Now... to begin..."

User Image
*-* Neishi *-*

Neishi sighed, and a shot of flame released from her nostrils in irritation. Why did she ever bother him? It was a good thing for him she didn't want to kill the boy. "That trunk was strange. Why would anyone fill a truck with what is essentially things for a game?" The container looked to have been heavier than the actual contents.
User Image

"Collectors items? Sentimental reasons? Maybe they were planning on opening a bowling alley? Oh! Or the pins could have really been filled with illegal stuff, and it was a smuggling ring! That's gotta be it!" Each 'theory' was more ridiculous than the last.

"No idea why they dropped it out a window though... Trying to get rid of the evidence?"

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
*-* Neishi *-*

Neishi just waited until Cade got the various theories he had out of his system. "Cade, none of those make sense. Why get rid of evidence that way? If anything, you're going to make sure people take more notice of it." She shook her head. And looked around the shop. "Odd, kind of empty in here today."
User Image

"Maybe the cops suddenly got there, and the only place to hide it was out the window. But the sill wasn't in the best condition, so it couldn't take the weight. The trunk fell," Cade claimed in defense of his theory, "Though that doesn't explain the X on the ground....." This might require more thought.

When Neishi pointed out the sudden quiet of the building, Cade took a look around for himself. "Yeah..." he said, catching onto what she meant. "It sure cleared out in a hurry."

Trash Smoker

Strolling down the street was a familiar brown haired man, his navy blue work shirt unbuttoned and lightly flailing in the wind. For once he wasn't smoking as he trotted, a back pack slung over one shoulder while a bundle of cloth was nestled in his arm. Harper was humming some kind of tune, which actually was just the beat to The Trooper. The bundle of cloth shifted around causing the occupant to be exposed, a blue eyed child was asleep amongst the cloth. Opening the door slowly to keep the bell from jingling too loudly as he entered. His brown eyes showed him as tired, no cigarettes, no coffee, coming off work, and with a baby. Harper's day was probably very interesting. Without so much as a word he set the bag down upon an empty table, occupying one of the chairs at it. Harper then began to slowly rock the child back and forth, humming his tune to it.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

^v^ Neishi ^v^
The Fire Cat Demon

Neishi glanced over and got out of the way as some sort of man, brown haired and similarly eyed and smelled of a beast despite his very human appearance. He wasn't a demon, she didn't think, but not all of him was Human. That was for sure.

She wasn't sure what to think about this, she only knew that she should be glad her sister wasn't here. She would want to spend time with the baby. Hold it. Protect it. As long as a child was in her sight, she was always mindful of where it was... She also seemed to have a lot of insight into what they wanted. Neishi didn't understand that mentality. She only knew that they were potential. And by that, potential for something. Good and Evil and everything in between.
User Image

Cade executed a quick spin on his heel, making the move look fluid as the bell over the door chimed. A man came in, heading straight for a table with a.... was that a child!? Daddy dearest did not strike Cade as the fatherly type at first glance, but he wasn't one to judge based on outer appearance alone.

The way the guy move screamed predator, but he was gentle with the bundle he was carrying. The dancer tilted his head, curiosity aroused. Neishi would probably recognize that look in his eyes. He just found a mystery~

Keeping his steps soft, the teen picked his way over toward the man, doing his best not to wake the baby. "Cute kid," he said softly, stopping a few feet away so he wouldn't be taken as a threat to the kid's welfare. Cade's expression was carefully crafted to be honest and open. Both his eyes and smile were wide with just enough gooey twists to silently 'coo' over the child. His entire demeanor shouted 'harmless teenager, let's be friends'.

Trash Smoker

Harper peered over to the cat woman, his eyes flashing to a glowing yellow for a second before back to brown. Quietly he kept humming his tune til he noticed the teen moving towards him and the baby. The child made a dew noises and slowly opened it's eyes, staring up at Harper before giggling and holding out it's hands. He held out a finger to allow the baby to tug on it and play. "I suppose, I am waiting for it to breath fire again. I believe the cuteness goes down with fire spitting is involved." Although the child wasn't in any way his, he couldn't very well leave it abandoned either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff