Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15502325&_gaia_t_=1272&page=last Please fix this. I am quite tired of waiting. Im tired of fighting to get this fixed.

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
carbonphyber
Please do not digress. SF is the proper place to complain... Bug Reports is only for identifying bugs/glitches.

I'm still working to address the problem where some threads do not create a new page after exactly 15 posts.

For the record,
  1. we have a few Devs out on a well-earned vacation right now.
  2. I'm not sure anyone who wrote the code for guilds still works at Gaia... I'm trying to read through their code and fix what I can.
  3. Facebook doesn't have Customer Service staff. We have 200+ Mods, a dozen Admins and a few Devs that actually address what *users* want.
  4. If you want to compare Gaia, Facebook, and MySpace, our codebase is at least 3-4 years older (which is ancient in web programming). Much of our codebase is outdated and we are doing the best we can to update what we can.
  5. Facebook is an exceptional company in many aspects. Every Developer on their engineering team is responsible for over a million registered users. Do you think a single one of them would ever reply to a post/PM from a user they don't know? Unlikely.

I'm not done fixing the guild glitches. I have to sift through a lot of false and outdated reported threads. The remaining glitches do not affect all guilds threads.

@teh_Fluff:
I don't know what to tell you... the timestamps in this thread all look fine to me. You may have identified a new variant of this same glitch.

My friends and I really appreciate all the effort you are going to while a lot of your staff is out. Thank you for that. The only thing we wish that you or someone else on Gaia would do is to make an announcement regarding the glitch and the progress you are making on the glitch. That is the only complaint my friends and I have, the lack of announcements on this issue.

Thank you!

Dapper Fatcat

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Cuwen
carbonphyber
Please do not digress. SF is the proper place to complain... Bug Reports is only for identifying bugs/glitches.

I'm still working to address the problem where some threads do not create a new page after exactly 15 posts.

For the record,
  1. we have a few Devs out on a well-earned vacation right now.
  2. I'm not sure anyone who wrote the code for guilds still works at Gaia... I'm trying to read through their code and fix what I can.
  3. Facebook doesn't have Customer Service staff. We have 200+ Mods, a dozen Admins and a few Devs that actually address what *users* want.
  4. If you want to compare Gaia, Facebook, and MySpace, our codebase is at least 3-4 years older (which is ancient in web programming). Much of our codebase is outdated and we are doing the best we can to update what we can.
  5. Facebook is an exceptional company in many aspects. Every Developer on their engineering team is responsible for over a million registered users. Do you think a single one of them would ever reply to a post/PM from a user they don't know? Unlikely.

I'm not done fixing the guild glitches. I have to sift through a lot of false and outdated reported threads. The remaining glitches do not affect all guilds threads.

@teh_Fluff:
I don't know what to tell you... the timestamps in this thread all look fine to me. You may have identified a new variant of this same glitch.

My friends and I really appreciate all the effort you are going to while a lot of your staff is out. Thank you for that. The only thing we wish that you or someone else on Gaia would do is to make an announcement regarding the glitch and the progress you are making on the glitch. That is the only complaint my friends and I have, the lack of announcements on this issue.

Thank you!

I had asked the same thing for several days. No one listened.

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The order is fixed in this thread. Thanks very much. I'm just wondering of there is a way the retrieve the missing posts in this forum.

There were two posts made before mine. (which is currently the last post on page 4) <--- this post should have been the first post of page five.

Here is the link. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17349705&page=4

If there's nothing more you can do that's ok. Thanks!! blaugh

Sarcastic Prophet

User ImageUser ImageThank you and the rest of the developers for their tireless efforts to make this site a better place; it's truly appreciated and I know that you'll get this all worked out soon enough, as you always do.

I am currently experiencing the effects of this glitch in a Secret Santa thread I created in a guild several days ago. I had the entire page reserved (the first fifteen posts), but several things, as you know, have gone wrong. All of my reserved posts (except for the first six) on the first page have disappeared and have been replaced with posts by different users, which belong on page two. The posts on each page are not in chronological order; there are posts from both late November and early December on both pages, which makes it hard for guild members to respond to one another.

As it has been said before, it would be great to see a small notice or announcement (the little boxes in the footer are extremely convenient in showing users what administrators and developers are working on) to keep Gaians up to date with the most recent issues and, of course, what's been done about them. I didn't know about this thread until a few minutes ago, and I would have liked to have received a notice about this issue and I'm quite sure many other Gaians who are equally affected by this issue feel the same way.

Thank you for listening to what I have to say; once again, I offer much gratitude to any administrators or developers who may be reading this and I want them to know that I think they're doing a great job.

Romantic Vampire

11,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hi, I know this has nothing to do with bug reports but I'm trying to do my signature. I go to save and my sig disappears. This sucks can you help me?

Romantic Vampire

11,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
My sig looks really awesome too. T^T

Moonlight Healer

User Image
Trees have dropped their leaves
Clouds their water

Looks like evething's OK now and the post order went back to normal in every single thread I've been to. Seems gaia guilds were the last glitch bastion ;3
Thank you very much for fixing it, forums are the most important part of Gaia for me. Not only for me, I guess.
Yay really really really thank you!

All this burden is killing me...
User Image

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
We are still working on a solution to fix the "number of posts per page" issue in Guilds.

As far as Announcements go, there are two kinds:
  • the kind that creates a link in your bubble and
  • the kind that shows a fade-in, fade-out System message in the footer (or just below the navigation if the footer is disabled)
Developers aren't allowed to create the former (only Admin and certain other Gaia Staff) and this type of bug doesn't justify the latter (that's reserved for short-term Database outages and Security issues).
A sticky in the Bug Reports forum will have to do.

At this point, most of the glitched threads seem to be working correctly for all new posts (please continue to post here if this is not the case).
I'm testing a script today which may be able to fix glitched Guilds threads one thread at a time.
I'm experiencing Disappearing Posts in a thread I am working on in the Test forum .

Thank you for everything you are doing to try to fix it. smile

Edit: Is there any way that the missing posts can be restored?

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Shadey Kitty
Every thread I've seen that was glitched still had all of its replies in-tact. Like I mentioned, I'm working on fixing the way they are displayed so they aren't "missing" anymore.

After talking to other developers, it seems like we won't be able to do this quickly. It'll probably have to be done "one at a time" style.
carbonphyber
Shadey Kitty
Every thread I've seen that was glitched still had all of its replies in-tact. Like I mentioned, I'm working on fixing the way they are displayed so they aren't "missing" anymore.

After talking to other developers, it seems like we won't be able to do this quickly. It'll probably have to be done "one at a time" style.

Oh dear - sounds very trying!

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Shadey Kitty
It is -- and that's part of the reason it's not done yet.
lizzardoffire16
lizzardoffire16
I'm still having slight issues with one of the guilds I'm in.
In one of my own created threads there are supposed to be 44 pages.
*See link below*
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13405439&page=44

Gaia says that there are 45 pages, but there is nothing on page 45.

There are also two, I believe, posts missing from page 44 BUT when I go to write
a reply, they show up in that little window under the Post A Reply box.

Just bumping this as a reminder.

Also, thank you for all the work. I'm in a coding class in High School so I can understand
how hard this must be. Making a simple Black Jack game was enough to make me want
to rip my bloody hair out.

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
carbonphyber
Shadey Kitty
It is -- and that's part of the reason it's not done yet.
keep at it! try hot cocoa! (not on the system of coarse!) Hot cocoa makes you feel warm and happy inside, and let's face it, you are having more and more trouble hiding the fact that working on this 24/7 has been killing you! Sit back for ten minutes, drink some cocoa, and I guarantee you will feel better for it! Thank you for your hard work, and I hope you can lift the weight of this whole mess off your shoulders soon.
With luv, The Red & Black Fire Guild.

P.S.- add marshmallows for extra happiness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff