Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Lover

Ensavondel

This concept is really cool!
I think I'll try a Max Level Quest

Devoted Lunatic

User Image

Ensavondel

Now this is what I call giving the rating-threads an overhaul! Really lovely idea here!

Ehmm... Seeing that this is a very new concept and so that I am a very new new-bee: let's start easy.
Newbie Quest please ^_^

I should be able to survive that... Shouldn't I? sweatdrop

Sparkly Strawberry

Suki Mora sama

gaia_crown

7.5/10

I always enjoy seeing avatars that are black and white with frill. Imagine, krill frill. I could say frill all day, frill..frill..frill
Doesn't it sound a bit weird if you say it too much though? emo

I like that it's simple, you can see all the items clearly and it's not cluttered to the point of no return. The hat and the hair look like they work really well together! It's my favorite part.

As for what I think you should add, the top looks a bit weird with the sleeves, they don't connect but in a rather odd way. The shades between all the pieces don't really seem to match, besides the hat and bodice. I think using a different leg mod would work well, maybe Spirited Legs?

Sparkly Strawberry

Comtesse de Tournay

SPARKLE SPARKLE Y'ALL
Would a nose or some sort of makeup help with the face?
I've noticed that with the eyes that get recolors. Even though they're "the same", sometimes they're in different positions on the face. I'm not sure if that's a bug or just how it happened.
And I think the color does matter, sometimes it can change the entire look of something. I took a lot of art classes and you wouldn't believe how things can change just because you did something to the color.

gaia_diamond

Comtesse, a young mage from the Isle's of Fog, stared at the scroll while the wizard coughed from all the mist and stumbled away, only to run into a wall and fall to the ground, now unseen by any passerby. She glanced up and upon not seeing anyone, shrugged and walked away, in search of a place to read the scroll. Choosing to sit upon a lovely stump in a secluded part of town, she pulls the wax stamp up and unrolls the parchment to see ingredients for a particularly difficult potion. Bear-butterfly wings...Treebeard's beard hairs, eye of water newt, and a couple things she could pick up in town. "Well, off to see the wizard, so to speak. Wonder where he went anyways?" she thinks to herself as she dusts herself off and begins the trek into town.

The bell to the witch's shop jingles as she enters and the door gives a loud creek. "Ohoho, what do we have here?" the old croon cackles, writhing her hands together at the prospect of money. Comtesse only replies hastily, "Well you see, I'm looking for some rare ingredients and assumed you might be able to help me out. You are the best in town, so they say." Only a nod and an outstretched hand answered her question. Handing over the parchment to the old woman, she simply watched as she muttered and went about hobbling around shelves. Her wrinkly long fingers grabbing and moving things about where the only source of noise in the shop. It was a bit too eerily quiet for the young mage's liking.

"Well dearie, It seems I have most of what you seek, but this is a curious potion you are trying to make." the old witch's eyes seemed to squint beyond comprehension, could she even see now? So all she could do was answer, hoping the old woman could still hear, "Earlier today an old wizard approached me with a scroll, hoping I could finally help him with this quest.". She was rather curious why the old bat was asking, it seemed simple enough she supposed. "It's simple my dear, this is just a basic cold medicine, all the ingredients are in the health potions they sell..right next door!" Comtesse wasn't sure what was louder, her falling to the floor or the witch's cackling. Paying for her supplies, she whips up the simple potion and turns in her quest...for crumpled piece of paper and some bees.

Sparkly Strawberry

Zanaoria

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out.

gaia_crown

9.5/10
Absolutely love headless avatars,especially bloody ones. The way you've layer the shoulder item and the top is just absolutely marvelous.

The only suggestion I really have is maybe a change of legs. I really like the pose they're in but I'm a sucker for avis to match all over and bottom, under the belt, seems a bit lacking in white. But of course it is covered in blood, so there's always that. Maybe also another belt or some form of necklace/scarf that hangs down the middle and can add some of that really dark red in the middle of the belt.

Tipsy Giver

Ensavondel

Huh...didn't even notice the break....need to fix that. I'll looking into the leg mod, but that one isn't quite what I'm aiming for.

Thanks for the look over.

Sparkly Strawberry

Sineaed

Okay, new bee, that got me to laugh xd
And thank you! I missed having my old ratings thread around and thought it was time for a new one.

gaia_gaiagold

Your style is always super fab, and it doesn't disappoint this time around either! The face is just holy cow perfection, definitely my favorite part. The entire dress and accessories are lovely but that layering and the shadows from her cheekbones emotion_kirakira

Let's see..some extra flair, it might be a bit of a stretch, but would the The Thistle Witch (possible a recolor version) add a bit more behind the umbrella? Tried it in my invo and I think it might work properly. But it could add a bit more black around the top edges and even look like the umbrella has some sort of decoration itself.

Countess Gentlewoman

33,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ensavondel

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the noses freak me out. XD I am going to change the eyes. You are completely right, color makes all the difference. The eyes need to be a dark color, not lavender. I'll play around with that and also take a look at makeup.

Sparkly Strawberry

Comtesse de Tournay

I think you're right about darker eyes, it'll make it easier to see against all the white in your avatar.

A-are you Voldemort??

(If you're not a Harry Potter fan, I apologize, promise I'm not calling you names or anything!!)

Devoted Lunatic

Ensavondel
Okay, new bee, that got me to laugh xd
And thank you! I missed having my old ratings thread around and thought it was time for a new one.
gaia_gaiagold

Your style is always super fab, and it doesn't disappoint this time around either! The face is just holy cow perfection, definitely my favorite part. The entire dress and accessories are lovely but that layering and the shadows from her cheekbones emotion_kirakira

Let's see..some extra flair, it might be a bit of a stretch, but would the The Thistle Witch (possible a recolor version) add a bit more behind the umbrella? Tried it in my invo and I think it might work properly. But it could add a bit more black around the top edges and even look like the umbrella has some sort of decoration itself.

User Image

*buzzes around happily* (New Bee is actually used quite a lot more often then newbie where I live, just some local slang I guess?)
Well: I'm following this gem now 3nodding

Oh my... Thank you! Though I still feel like it needs a bit more~ Like that hat you suggested! Thing is: It layers differently in the MP.... I'm gonna try to see if I can borrow it for a spell, just to see how it layers when equipped before I invest ^_^
Loving teh suggestion though, if it layers like it does in the dressing room, it would finish my avi!

Sparkly Strawberry

Sineaed

Hopefully it all works out, it would absolutely fabulous if it does!!

I've noticed the invo layering being a bit weird lately too. But definitely a good idea to borrow first, I make the mistake of being something first way too often and end up getting mad at myself...definitely want to avoid that!

Devoted Lunatic

Ensavondel
Hopefully it all works out, it would absolutely fabulous if it does!!

I've noticed the invo layering being a bit weird lately too. But definitely a good idea to borrow first, I make the mistake of being something first way too often and end up getting mad at myself...definitely want to avoid that!

User Image

I'll be spamming away at any rate emotion_dowant
And so far? Looking very good here!

So I'm not the only one who thinks layering is wonky?
I just realized I've got the Rose version in my invo and quickly equipped that one. Layered beyond well so Thistle shouldn't be a problem! *skips off to get it*

Edit:
Tadaaa! blaugh

Sparkly Strawberry

Sineaed

OOOOOH
I looks so amazing emotion_kirakira
I'm glad it worked out! I love the bit it adds, thank you Thistle Witch for having such cool layering~

Layering has been very weird. I'll sometimes equip an item and it makes another one disappear but it's still equipped and no matter what I do, it just stays hidden until I take off the other thing. crying makes creating avatar a big pain. Haven't posted it in the bugs forum yet but I was trying to see if it was just me or just certain items.

Supreme Gatekeeper

Ensavondel
gaia_angelleft Open gaia_angelright

How much are we able to select ?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items