Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Wife

xXxjoey_Seba_xXx
[NPC] Gaia Staff
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

• One question per post.

Now that ZOMG is gone I am sad sad will a new game like it be coming out? can we design a game as a community ? or more games with fun big prizes like a once a day lotto game.

• i would actually like to see this! =oo *tips post*

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,925 Points
    • Potion Master 50
    • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
    • Master Librarian 500
    Features

Can we get like a calendar for stuff that comes out for the cash shop?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
    • Winged 100
    • Fusion Master 1000
    • Alchemy Level 10 100
    bluealaris
    AsterKurayami
    Games

Shot in the dark here.
    With a subject beaten to death...

Do you think with enough vested interest, people would be willing to support Zomg via a real Kickstarter (using the kickstarter site)?

I know that it will probably take a major overhaul to fix that game.
    Rewriting or writing complete new codes.
    It would take developers, artist, game designers etc.
    But I've seen some pretty odd things being successfully funded (potato salad anyone?).

A real Kickstarter can't do too much harm
    Since unsuccessfully funded projects will return money to the "lender".

Zomg is such a unique feature it would be terrible to see it completely lost.

~You would need a base price for roughly how much it would cost to overhaul the game.
    ~~~quotes from people willing to work on it
    ~~~~reward tiers which could simply be in game items/rewards

But the main things you would need are interest, and a promise that the funds will go directly to Zomg.

Thoughts?

This is a fantastic idea- the cost for implementing this would be extremely high and unrealistic for Kickstarter.

Given there have been kickstarters for multi-million dollar projects and the original construction of zOMG cost roughly $5 million, would rebuilding it from the ground up really be that unrealistic a goal for a kickstarter campaign? Or is this is just more of the not wanting to touch zOMG? I mean combining the various ideas users have had for monetizing it, and the love the community shows, a $5million target seems something you'd should leave potential backers to determine if it's unrealistic.

wokeer's Wife

Lonely Hunter

12,600 Points
    • Somebody Likes You 100
    • Marathon 300
    • Ultimate Player 200
    Game: Category zOMG!

Any plan to HEAR to all ur customers about zOMG??
    alot of people is leaving because of it.. i see like 5 gaians leaving everyday...
    have u checked all the threads about gaians saying we are willing to help if Gaia Interactive needs help about money?
    if there is not problem with the money, why just do not take time to fix zOMG?
    or get ppl who can understand the code??
    i mean here is also persons who knows about coding who are willing to help for free because they want our game back. Everybody knows there is nothing imposible to fix when someone put effort on it. If we have to wait we will wait.
    If zOMG costed a lot of money why just give up and let it die??
    New users most of them come to gaia because this page offer a game where they can play with their own avatar (i guess for that is the reason to pay money to dress it) i came to gaia because zOMG.
    We are just asking to do the best to try to save it and just not let it die

/// im sorry for my bad english.

Bloodthirsty Bunny

Chibi Daichi
    Art

Hello,
    Um this may sound stupid but I was curious for the gaia artist's is there a particular art software that you like to use? for instance do you prefer adobe photoshop adobe illustrator or SAI ?
    We use Photoshop about 99% of the time. emotion_bigheart

Stubborn Gifter

Manga

This is mostly toward reapersun, but any artist in the manga department can answer.

When are we going to see the "Behind the Scene" mini-comic?

Fusion Winner

16,725 Points
    • Fusion Master 1000
    • Fusion Expert 300
    • Fusion Apprentice 100
    Shirlox
    Games

We heard that Lanzer and Codemonkey were recently looking at Fishing to possibly update it. Any news or progress on this?

P.S. I love you all.

glad lanzer is back on gaia

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
    • Magical Girl 50
    • The Sweetest 250
    • The Edgiest 250
    Hello Staff!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    • Citizen 200
    Eurydice Evyn
    Features

Why are the free cash offers and video so finicky? I've noticed that my friend could access video offers just fine, and my mule can as well (When I bother to check on said mule to see if it's still messed up), but my main account has been barren in terms of offers for months. It can't be a lack of offers, because I've SEEN other people, on the SAME BROWSER, SAME EVERYTHING, access numerous cash offers just fine. But I always get the 'sorry we have no offers' notice on all three parts when on my main account. Was it something I did? :c

I live in America, by the way, so I kinda doubt it's region-locking.

Unfortunately it really comes down to what the offer company is looking for when you click on an offer. You may not be what they are looking for when you try to get an offer. It's not something we can really control, our best advice is to keep trying to get the offers.

Magical Phantom

item

i think it would be cool to make zomg items of lots of the diffrent monsters! so everyone can have a zomg buddy... and ya gotta include "i am" poses with each monster! mrgreen

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
    • Married 100
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Brilliant Light 450
    Items

Can you do a re-release of those recolored halo items for the human avatars?
    You can buy tons of them out of Loyal's for the paws avatars, but that isn't exactly fair to us humans.
    Seriously though, the inflation of these recolored halos are ridiculous.

Shirtless Hunter

โ˜…โค–โ˜†
    Misc
    I know lanzer isnt here anymore. but does he know about zOMG?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
    • Guildmember 100
    • Jolly Roger 50
    • Survivor 150
    Tsuki_Kirkland
    Features

When will the forums be getting and update?

Non planned at the moment but open to suggestions for improvements.

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Rebuilder 100
    • Party Member 100
    Misc

Thought of another one, speaking of catchpas. I've seen other users mention this and had it happen myself: there is a recent catchpa that asks "do you or another member of your family have diabetes?" with yes/no answer. I myself rerfresh to avoid answering that question, but other users say after selecting an answer it goes on to a second fill-in step. I understand Gaia doesn't personally select the catchpas and some of them can be advertisements for outside services, but I feel like a medical question is a bit too personal and not appropriate for the site (kind of feels like phishing for targeting advertising). Is Gaia able to provide feedback to their catchpa service provider to possibly eliminate these kind of questions?

Sorry if I've screwed up how catchpa providing works, please correct me on that if that's the case!

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff