Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Games

We heard that Lanzer and Codemonkey were recently looking at Fishing to possibly update it. Any news or progress on this?

P.S. I love you all.

Fusion Winner

16,725 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
item

need to cut back the time given on the gaian's recolor on tickets from 3 months to 2 months

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Features

Can you add achievements to the current flash games like fishing, word bump, and slots?

vikinghalex's One That Got Away

Sparkling Star

30,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
Items

Do you plan on making more recolors of popular items in this shade of blue, like the wings?

User Image

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Items

I know you artists love making recolors of items, but for the love of Gaia, if you're going to recolor an item, could you please recolor them in different, non-related colors first before you go for the same color in a darker or lighter shade? That's one of the most common complaints I see regarding recolors.

Keantha's Pardner

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Items

Speaking of animals, could we get more recolors of some of the animal avatars, preferably through the gold shops for gold? Like...

- Siamese (I'd love to have a blue point, fire point, or lilac point avatar!)
- Fox (I have an OC that's a green fox, and another that's grey)
- Panda (As far as I know, there's only four Panda furs :< )
- Tiger (Maltese, anyone? ~ )

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Narumi Misuhara
Scobre
Narumi Misuhara
Scobre
Today will be my last day at Gaiaonline. I find it fitting timing since I joined Gaiaonline because of zOMG! to leave because of it now. It will always hold a special part of my heart and it was my favorite and first MMO. I knew when I joined that the game was in trouble since I joined Gaiaonline on February 10th, 2010 after my brother had told me that Qixter had left zOMG! I came from the Sims 2 community and I was always frustrated with that game that I couldn’t kill the gnomes and flamingos in it. My brother showed me village greens and I became hooked on the game and happy I could seek revenge on them. Since then I’ve been able to crew with my brother and sister and met many friends along the way. zOMG! saved my life and helped me get through many difficult times with my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic back pain. I liked that the game was casual enough to not cause me stress, yet silly enough to make me laugh. I guess I was one of the hardcore players since I was able to find time to play every day. I still remember the drunk nights of smebbing seeing Marshall look all swirly which was extremely funny. I did a personal record time of most time spent on Gaia with the 36 hour run in Dead Man’s Shadow for my first Kamila Bloodlust kill and wanted to quit to sleep, but friends kept me going. The community, the experience, and pure silliness is what I loved most about the game.

I’m not mad at you Gaia for closing the game, just disappointed. I actually want to thank past staff [ JK ] and s2b2 for keeping the game going as long as it did. I no longer find an entertainment and social value on Gaiaonline, so I will seek it elsewhere with Aura Kingdom and a Gaian run site recolor.me in case you want to record the stats and reasons why Gaians leave the site. Only advice I can give you Gaia is to listen to your user base because if you don’t try to compromise with them, then they will not support you financially and retention will decrease. They pay for the experience not just the virtual avatar products. I’ve read Gaia compare themselves to a supermarket and a pool with a snack bar before, but if all they offer is an ATM machine with rows of moldy food aka site features, they will seek competitor sites. Gaia Interactive is a service company first with just virtual product perks second. So long and thanks for all the fish Gaia. Continue to be as passionate, smart, and creative as you are community and never feel scared to fight for your favorite feature in a civil manner. I know many of you are different and have different tastes and opinions, but at the end of the day you are all one awesome community of Gaians.

Features

Since zOMG! is one of the newer features of the site, wouldn’t everything else on the site be a huge security risk considering how many more years the coding for them hasn’t been updated?

No, it wasn't just a code issue but also hardware. sad

That's a bummer. Thanks for answering the question and bye Narumi. I will miss seeing your girly avis even though you are a dude. Tell Sisky I said bye too and I will miss her as well. Gaia really does need to update their other features still because it could be a huge security problem. Just two days ago after many months after zOMG! was taken down, my ip Gaia mail pinged four times, so security holes do exist on the site. I hope that fishing and aquariums, the mini games, and some of the other features will be updated for the community. I did hear that a friend was able to hack into zOMG!, but wasn't able to do anything due to the security wall. Not sure if you read Mavdoc's post regarding that issue, but honestly it doesn't matter since there still won't be anyway to bring the game back. I really hope that there will be a replacement game even if it can't be another MMO for zOMG! community to call home again. I just won't be around to see it if it does even happen.

crying crying

emotion_hug I'll make sure to gift you something too. It's taking awhile to go through my friend list and saying goodbye to everyone.

Romantic Prophet

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Astra Green
Angeni1
Zero Omega
Astra Green
Feature?: Moderator Application Form

For the moderator application form, is it possible that once 6 months have passed that the form itself doesn't reset until a mod contacts you? I went to just take a look at my application and it told me that I needed to fill out more reports. I just wanted to see if left the awaiting review stage.

We don't have a status page for your mod application, when you visit the page again you are essentially filing a new app so it will hold you to the same limitations. If you have filed a mod application successfully, then we still have it on file and we will contact you with an accept/decline.
'
Why does astra green have all her questions answers?

Not all of them have been answered. Most of them were reposted from previous AtS' that were missed. And also because I usually put a little strange humor into it. And my text is purple.

I also have a menacing avi so they probably don't want to get hit >.> j/k j/k.

Mine are carry over questions from the first one as well. But it looks like Ivw finally gotten a bit of an answer!

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
faerie graveyard
Features

Can we get an addition to the drop down menu below people's avatars?
Specifically, a link to the user's marketplace shop?

Here is a thread in support of this idea.

It wouldn't be difficult, but isn't that drop-down getting kinda long?

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50
Princess Angelishia
His Majesty King
Features
What new features can Gaians expect for the [near] future? (i.e. a new game announcement, renovating older features, adding onto Towns, updates to mini games/introductions to new mini games, sneak preview for a holiday event, new contest)

The next big feature coming up is one of the most anticipated: an updated inventory arranger.

OMG for real?!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
You just did my whole week, hell month! I'm so happy right now! thank you thank you thank you!
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Items

Is there a chance of a Recolor for Persecuted Halfbreed Alyssia with the Arms of the Arm Mod in True black? I really like this Scythe variety, and since I use a lot of black I'd love to have one with a black Arm Mod.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

LLY Link's Partner

Unbeatable Player

21,065 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Question Category-Misc

Question: what do you have plan for the zomg clans? are you going to get rid of them as part of the update this wednesday? or are you move the clans to the guileds?

Green Ranger

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Items
Can we get some more Dark Souls Themed items? emotion_kirakira I love the Priscilla Item that was released in the class of monsters RIG whee

Blessed Pumpkin

Princess Angelishia
PlumaDeTerror
Conspiracies

apparently there was a handful of user that manage to hack into gaia through zomg and steal a lot of peoples information, such as accounts pw, and their credit card numbers
so should we be making new accounts and canceling our bank accounts???

No, this is false! No account information was stolen through zOMG. Also, we do not store your credit card information.

im glad i dont have to worry about my credit card
but the announcement makes it seem there is a big possibility that it happen
the game has been up for years and only now do they take a look at it to try and fix the security flaw
fixes only come when things have gone wrong
im still scared for my account since i did spent over 100$ in less than two months

Lonely Demigod

12,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Games

why wont you hire people back to fix zOMG or just REMAKE it all together? find a way to freaking FIX it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff