Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Pandemitron
If an account with high Gaia economic value gets perma banned, would it be viable to redistribute these items through bid blast, random give-aways etc? Considering the market place economy is very unstable.

We do not take items off of banned accounts because there is no guarantee the account will stay permanently banned. Anything can happen to the account after it's been banned and it just may be unbanned.

Aged Genius

The Atheist Angel
Hi! There are two things I would like to ask about, first, do you plan to fix the strange glitch in towns that does not let you accept friend requests. Second, I was wondering if maybe you could include a button in towns that lets you permanently change the time of day in towns? For example maybe a moon shaped button to make it night, and a sun shaped button for day, and a half sun for morning/afternoons. That would be really nice because the 12341234 thing does not work during afternoons.

In a word, No. In more words, we plan on it happening in the new towns.

We have not discussed time in the new towns yet. Fortunate for us, the Olympics occurred during the time of year when it is always light in Gambino.

Greedy Fatcat

Ridley Starsmore
DARKNRGY
Ridley Starsmore
Hola Gaia Staff!

It's been kind of a busy day here. I won't go into details, but suffice to say, work today was less than fun.

Anyway, on to questions.

1.) What is he possibility of an 'adults only forum? Not to do naughty things, but there are some subject that I am not up for discussing with kids (could be a number of things. Parenting issues, job issues, marital questions).

Maybe something like the Heaven forum, but age specific. Still bound by the rules on Gaia, but where more 'adult' subject matter can be discussed?

2.) As a show of support for a couple of fellow GCDers...can we have more snakes, mantisii....and possibly those white dander ears? Pleeeeease? emotion_kirakira

3.) The video options for cash earning is nifty. But why doesn't the social one (pink logo) work? I can click it for days, and nuffin. Also, can someone tell the guys at the last one, v11? Banner ads to sign up for crappy games are NOT videos?

Thanks for your time!
-R

We discussed adult areas in a previous AtA. Look for "adult-content" on this page:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/asked-the-admin-answer-compilation-news-6-23-btw-vo/t.30840637_601/

SocialVibe doesn't have as much inventory as the others. I usually get a message explaining that there is no more videos for today. Do you not get the error message?

I don't get anything from them at all.

You might try a different browser, disabling extensions, that sort of thing. It opens up in an iframe so we don't have much visibility into issues they have on their end. Send me a PM if you know about other people with this issue.

Dapper Dabbler

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
Since zOMG is indefinitely in maintenance mode, would you mind sharing a few of the plans for zOMG's development and storyline?
I heard they were going to be awesome... ninja

Great job on the Rejected Olympics. Despite some of the mishaps and glitches along the way, I had a really great time. Also, the team scarves are really awesome items. ^^

Hi Shiny_T,

I actually wish I knew what Qixter's plans were as well - I'm intrigued! Unfortunately I've never seen them, and don't know if they're still lying around here somewhere. I'll have to ask the next time I see him.

Gambino Regular

Hey staff! I just wanted start off by thanking/congratulating you all on an amazing event. (Go Gambino!)

Now then, on to the questions!
Can we get some statistics released after the event in maybe a journal? Out of my own curiosity, I'd love to know the standard deviations and end populations for each team if possible.

Can we expect another town-based event anytime soon? I really liked the Olympics and the old water-balloon festival, and would love to rep the islands more often.

That's all I have at the moment.
scurries off to go back to watching the olympics while stalking the thread
Why is user (ill be ur maid) banned ?

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Waffles companion item.

The Rejected Olympics is pretty fun, but I seem to like the 2008 games better. They didn't rely on teamwork, so your effort directly correlated to the outcome. I assume that we won't be keeping any of the games as site games once the event ends?

Scurvy Pirate

Bellecoso
biglanky14
And here is a little teaser from the manga, just so you know we're actually working on it smile

User Image

Any word on when we will get this update?

It's been what...three weeks now?

From the second post link
biglanky14
When's the next manga update coming out?
Incredibly soon (maybe tomorrow). In the meantime, I'll see if I can post a very quick snippet/preview/something.
biglanky14
Contest and Guild
I have a question for anyone on the staff at gaia on any level not counting the mod levels.Can u tell me the ways that zomg over time and at this time bring revenue to zomg.This is about something an artist posted sometime a go that i found this week.
I also just got to thinking of how many ways over time and now zomg uses to get money for gaia.

Sorry i am late.

Hi Contest and Guild,

Thanks for joining us. If you're asking how zOMG makes revenue, it's largely from in-game or game-related purchases. But if you're asking how much it's made, we unfortunately don't/can't share those number publicly. Thanks for understanding.
I understand but that was not my question. u helped me with my question all ready so the items like the head start ticket where how u made money.

What about the ads u used to run when zomg was new why not do something with ads again to help pay for zomg.

Codebreaking Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Scobre
I liked the last Olympic games' ceremony and liked this years' one too. I'm enjoying the event a lot and got all the achievements. The items are pretty nice from it too. It's a lot easier even than the Easter one and more entertaining, so nice job.

1) My zOMG! inventory bar has a pack of revives not showing in the game zOMG!, so could this glitch be fixed since I've had the problem 6 months?

2) When the contract for halzy ends, will there be any devs or anyone still caring about zOMG!?

3) What is your favorite sport in the Olympic games?

zOMG! hasn't got the needed attention from developers and such, and has been 'abandoned' per say, I think your best bet is to try and get an admin to delete the pack of revives from your inventory and re-grant them to you and see if the new pack shows.

TillxGone

zOMG! is bugged badly and glitches will take a lot of time to fix, since it's partially abandoned, no new updates and minor glitch fixing, but your best bet is to file a proper complaint either by PM'ing a developer or filing the correct form, and hope the admins or developers credit the Sinister Scarf Recipe to you.

Generous Millionaire

10,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
codemonkey37179
Blooming Shadow
When can we get a new Rejected Olympics type of event? It was very fun.

2016?

Seriously, one of the reasons for redoing towns was to be able to events and sponsorships in towns. It wasn't really feasible with the old code. I can't say when it will happen, but it now definitely CAN. We will focus on making more space in towns first, but expect more to do, especially at event times.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was wondering are we going to get access to the other towns beside gambino (yeah we noticed XD) in Towns 2.0?

Romantic Genius

Ridley Starsmore
Panagrammic
We did look at this -- the difficult is the age verification. The age verification services we looked at all require some nominal fee (say, $3 - $5) to verify age.

Ridley Starsmore
1.) What is he possibility of an 'adults only forum? Not to do naughty things, but there are some subject that I am not up for discussing with kids (could be a number of things. Parenting issues, job issues, marital questions).

Maybe something like the Heaven forum, but age specific. Still bound by the rules on Gaia, but where more 'adult' subject matter can be discussed?

Well...That's crappy. sweatdrop

Couldn't you just ask users to tell the relationship between a pencil and a cassette tape is?

(No spoilers ppl....the youngin's won't get it.)

I've had to edit this, because it was in the wrong post. Sorry guys. sweatdrop

Dapper Dabbler

Mermaid Eater
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yo admins will we ever get a Vampire related event/storyline again?

perhaps smile

Tipsy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zero Omega
Seasalt Gummiez
gaia_kittenstar Hello! I have some questions~
1.How much could one make doing 1 round of DMS? Im wondering if I should buy a bloodstone....unsure. emotion_kirakira

2.I've been speaking with a mod on a hacking incident that happened to a mule of mine, they said they granted the items back, my invo on the mule still does not have the items, an they wont PM back, did they just stop helping because they thought it was solved? emotion_8c

2. Item grants and hack resolution is ultimately the decision of the admin, as we grant the items back. What the mod probably did at this point is submit the case to us for review and it's pending a review. At this point, the mod can't really do much to assist you, that's probably why you haven't gotten a follow-up reply. When an admin reviews it, you'll notice it because the mod will either get back to you, or you'll see the items back in your inventory.

Oh ..haha your the mod I'd spoke to. uwu; You'd investigated the things (wont mention in public) then said all my items were granted back into my inventory, then I pm'd because they aren't anywhere. D; Also I had noticed when I ordered from Sisky's pancakes she had troubles granting the pancakes I payed for, so I was unsure if maybe theres a glitch in my account...?

Is it possible to have such a terrible glitch?

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
Is it possible that old MC's will be re released but in different colors or alternate poses?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff