Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

out of controll
Hi staff!

One thing,

Any chance we could get some MLP: friendship is magic items? I would LOVE rarity's hair. just something that came to mind, i figure it wont hurt to think about it.

anyways! thanks for all you do.

I'd love it if we could! smile

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
Ridley Starsmore
Princess-Orphelia
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
I have a question/issue.
Ever since Gaia added the "loading" screen for changing pages in topics I get stuck on that page.
Like if I am on page one and I want to go to another page, say page 2 or 3, it will say "Loading" and it never changes or loads.
So what I always have to do is go back to the forum itself, then from there click the page number and it gets very tiring after a while.
How can this be resolved?

User Image
Also, as you can see I can't click anything once the page is "loading" so clicking the back button every time I want to go to a different page and re-clicking the topic is annoying.

This is what I'm experiencing too. sweatdrop

Same here as well. Like I said earlier, if you let the page load entirely before moving to the next one, it cuts back on that.

Trust me, I have waited.
One time I was so annoyed I got up, made cereal, came back up and it was still "loading".

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
2sarahgate
Ridley Starsmore
Anne Packrat

Discord is best pony.
http://i.qkme.me/353tog.jpg

*brohoofs*
i'm a huge derpy fan, but i do love discord as well. :3
domokun stargate

I love Discord so much I cosplayed him.

Which reminds me, any chance of getting single leg / arm replacement items so we can create chimera avatars like Discord?

Angelic Nitemare

biglanky14
Aurasong
Hello,

First time at this, but I want to ask a question.

Will you be getting rid of/changing the </3/<3 button in threads? I feel like, this is my opinion, that it could just be used as a method of anonymous trolling/hating.

Hi Aurasong,

Thanks for joining us!

We actually are working on a way to tweak this. It won't completely change the entire system, but would go to more of a blended, algorithmic way of showing popular threads. That way it's not as easy to turn into a hatefest (and by the same token, still surface the good stuff). Don't know when we'll start testing it, but it probably won't be too long from now.

OH SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS YES. I am happy to hear something to that effect.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
2sarahgate
Runzu
2sarahgate
Runzu
I was wondering when you guys are going to add more outfits to the closet? 20 isn't enough. sweatdrop I like to change and make outfits a lot. I'm willing to pay for it. heart

THIS. OH GOD YES. domokun stargate

Glad someone agrees with me. 3nodding It'll be awesome if you could at least save up to 50 or more outfits. I mean, I have almost a 1,000 items sweatdrop I've been a member of this site for years, so I have a crap load of stuff to mix and match. xd

Would having this affect anything major on the site? I'd really love to have this feature. emotion_kirakira

i tend to change my avi with my mood along with my text color, i wanna save all my variations so i can just instant mood change. :3

though having the feature in the first place was a godsend. i can't imagine how much coding it took. and the slow expansions are likely server overload related.
tis a great goldsink as well!
domokun stargate

Yup. Same. 3nodding

Yeah, I'm just glad to have it. heart

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,925 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
With the Rejected Olympics forum now blasted of its backgrounds, does that mean the event is ending?

Dapper Regular

Anne Packrat
Gentlecolt
Anne Packrat
Gentlecolt
Anne Packrat
Gentlecolt
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Actually I want to see if one of the admins can answer, "Who is best pony?" It would make my day.

Will you take a lowly pinky-name like me?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Depends on how you answer the question. emotion_c8

Discord is best pony.
False, DJ Bron-3 is best pony.
Next question, who is favorite pony?

Favorite Pony is Lauren Faust.
False, the correct answer is Gentlecolt.
That 0 out of 2. You didn't even get one right. scream

Manly Regular

just quoting a question by a friend so the admins can see ninja

Quote:
Oh goodie.
I was hoping to see this!
I was just talking to a friend about this.

Since so many users are above the age of 17,
Granted many of use would never want to admit it,
Is there anyway to make a forum for a group nc17?
And have an age verification or something.
My home is the chatterbox, it's full of filth and adult topics.
And most of those users are 17-20+
Why not create a forum specifically for them?

Also
would there ever be a change in the perma ban ruling
after a certain amount of years
or
a history check to see if the users actually learned
or something?

Dapper Noob

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
biglanky14

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. ^^

Romantic Genius

Ridley Starsmore

Same here as well. Like I said earlier, if you let the page load entirely before moving to the next one, it cuts back on that.

I've done that too. In some cases I've waited for 10-15 minutes, and it still stuck on that page. It just won't move on. Which then leaves me to either go back or close the window and start over. .. sweatdrop

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
biglanky14
out of controll
Hi staff!

One thing,

Any chance we could get some MLP: friendship is magic items? I would LOVE rarity's hair. just something that came to mind, i figure it wont hurt to think about it.

anyways! thanks for all you do.

I'd love it if we could! smile

i would love you forever! domokun stargate

Wicked Fairy

21,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Okay! I have never asked an admin a question before whee So here goes:
Is there a possiblity of ever releasing a power up for zOMG that increases the drop rate of things like recipies and stuff? Or is that just too much to hope for?

Thank you in advance for your reply! =)

Dapper Dabbler

Indresk
1. Will Gaia ever support a forum feature (unique to each account) that allows us to save post styles, like the BetterGaia extension? I like the extension but it makes gaia load so slowly with some of my computers.

2. Will Phin Phang get an update soon? We all want the old fishes back in with new ones!

Sorry for quoting, but we've gotten really far along and I fear this may have gotten lost in the pages.

Also another to add! Will we ever get an updated navigation bar that allows us to go straight to our topic history/subscribed threads/posts under the forums? It would be great under the "Browse" section with the Welcome to Gaia, Entertainment, and Artist's Corner links.

Dapper Dabbler

Princess-Orphelia
biglanky14
Princess-Orphelia
Lankyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, did you have to send it? gonk

Yup smile

But but but but but, .........................................Why? gonk

B/c we like people being able to participate smile
Sifen Yamishi
Dear Lanzer and company:

Hope you're braving the summer heat! Just wanted to know what the status on the PSAs are concerned. I especially wanted to know specifically on the LGBT slur one, as I personally asked about this at this year's Feedback session at A-Kon.

Also, as A-Kon is moving to a new hotel next year, have you guys gotten the heads up about that?

Last question is pertaining to the Avatar Arenas. Any idea when we can get a fix for this feature to prevent downvoting, etc.?

I'll check with the moderator team about the PSA.

I'm sure DJ Helsing is always up to date on the changes, thanks for the news

We implemented changes that would make downvoters have much less influence. We can also tweak the feature depending on the outcome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff