Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scompiglio's Wife

Orega Fire
Princess of the Crows

THAT nightmare of a dungeon. I've only finished that dungeon once. And to be fair, here's something you have to do:

1. DO NOT fight in the field. Just run as fast as you can to the entrance.

2. Use a fairy's orb every floor and take the shortest path. It's random how many monsters you get that are infected or not.

3. Be as HIGH level as possible. The higher level you are, the more data drains you can take.

4. Make sure you have all precautions. Save before you go and stock up on everything.

5. Data drain ONLY when necessary. It's fifteen floors, if I remember.

Otherwise, it's really a matter of luck.. You could have an easy run or a really annoying run that basically kills you and forces you to reload. Either way, good luck to you.

Yeah, i got the basics down, i was just hoping someone would have figured out the "random" percentages for chances of getting chests/normal monsters instead of 1-3 data bugs. cuz i ALWAYS seem to get the 3 data bugs! scream
Now the matter of the Fairy's orb... I always have 99 stocked before i go anywhere. This has happened for all 5 times i have tried to get this stupid dungeon done. I data drain and instead of EXP Loss, like it has done before, it deletes an item in the inventory and OF COURSE it goes for the Fairy' Orbs! so i lose ALL of them. This place is a piece of crap and it needs to burn in the fiery depths of hell. burning_eyes
As for level, I grind to lvl 98 with Kite and Elk today and then had to go to work, so i couldnt actually see if i could run it. The party member I use is Helba cuz she hits like a truck and can takes hits for days.
So I'm hoping this weekend when i get the chance to play again, I'll be able to complete this dungeon and be done with this game. so i can then read/watch Legend of Twilight, read .Hack//Alcor - Benetnasch and the Novels for XXXX and Cell, so I can start GU next week. Only problem is, i need to wait for those novels/manga to come in the mail crying

It's always random. You just have to hope you get lucky. I've only ever finished that dungeon once myself. After playing an 150 hour run of all four games...
I don't think it's that random as long as you do it correctly. It's the same way that Skeith isn't a hard boss, sure he kills you a lot but then he dances around and does nothing. It's just an illusion of very high difficulty.

Use the fairy orbs, but on floors with regular monsters FIGHT EVERYTHING. This heals your bracelet.

Use only Kite's area attack skills and data drain. Don't have him do anything else. Give your party 99 of every healing item and just command them when you need healing. Don't do anything that doesn't hit all the enemies in the room. Have your party bombard them with area skills. That way, they all Protect Break at once. Always use Drain Arc.

If somehow your lose fairy orbs, you may be able to trade for them.
Solar
I got it working, and this is amazing! Great work!!
Angry Nine_Tails137
I recently bought Funimation's .Hack//Quantum Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
However, I'm new to the .Hack series. So, I haven't seen any of the other series Yet! Plus, I get the Feeling I need to watch the other .Hack Series before I start watching "Quantum", or I won't understand the Story and/or Concept.

So, what do you guys suggest I do?
.hack//Quantum is a great pick-up-and-go series that you don't need any prior knowledge for. Go ahead an watch it! If you like it, then you have a lot of options as to what to watch next. If you like the characters Shamrock, Asta, and IYOTEN in Quantum and have a PS2, I would suggest playing .hack//G.U. You'll get a lot of background, and see where they come from. They also all appear in the anime .hack//Roots. If you want to understand how everything started, you could go many years back and watch .hack//SIGN. If you want to see another standalone story like Quantum, watch .hack//The Movie. If you want to understand why Quantum happened, then after you're done watch the .hack//Link story videos my team put on Youtube. If you want to learn about The One Sin, read .hack//AI Buster. But Quantum really is a standalone story, it's how I introduced a friend to .hack and he liked it a lot.

Okay! Good to know! smile
The Reason I asked is because, this series contains Kite's Female Avatar, and BlackRose's Alternate Avatar. So, I kind of thought I would need to watch the Series that Contains Kite and BlackRose original Avatars before starting this Series.

Anyway, I hope it's Worth the Watch!

P.S. I currently do NOT own a PS2. So I won't be able to play any of the .Hack Games(Unless they get re-released for PS3 or another Gaming System I currently own)

Scompiglio's Wife

Angry Nine_Tails137
Solar
Angry Nine_Tails137
However, I'm new to the .Hack series. So, I haven't seen any of the other series Yet! Plus, I get the Feeling I need to watch the other .Hack Series before I start watching "Quantum", or I won't understand the Story and/or Concept.

.hack//Quantum is a great pick-up-and-go series that you don't need any prior knowledge for. Go ahead an watch it! If you like it, then you have a lot of options as to what to watch next. If you like the characters Shamrock, Asta, and IYOTEN in Quantum and have a PS2, I would suggest playing .hack//G.U. You'll get a lot of background, and see where they come from. They also all appear in the anime .hack//Roots. If you want to understand how everything started, you could go many years back and watch .hack//SIGN. If you want to see another standalone story like Quantum, watch .hack//The Movie. If you want to understand why Quantum happened, then after you're done watch the .hack//Link story videos my team put on Youtube. If you want to learn about The One Sin, read .hack//AI Buster. But Quantum really is a standalone story, it's how I introduced a friend to .hack and he liked it a lot.

The Reason I asked is because, this series contains Kite's Female Avatar, and BlackRose's Alternate Avatar. So, I kind of thought I would need to watch the Series that Contains Kite and BlackRose original Avatars before starting this Series.

P.S. I currently do NOT own a PS2. So I won't be able to play any of the .Hack Games(Unless they get re-released for PS3 or another Gaming System I currently own)

I'll warn you ahead of time, don't watch too much of the LOTB anime, which features another homage to Kite and Black Rose. Try and obtain the manga or the manga scans.

Versatile Businessman

9,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
I love the soundtracks for these series, always have, always will, so beautifully made xP
Princess of the Crows
Angry Nine_Tails137
Solar
Angry Nine_Tails137

I'll warn you ahead of time, don't watch too much of the LOTB anime, which features another homage to Kite and Black Rose. Try and obtain the manga or the manga scans.

Someone may have to Brotherhood/Dragon Ball Z Kai LOTB one of these days, and mix in the foreshadowing of the future as well for good measure.
Angry Nine_Tails137
It really has nothing to do with Kite or BlackRose, in the Quantum era there are just a lot of tribute characters. There's no deeper connection that that. In the movie, Aura gives the main character Kite's actual avatar, since Kite is kind of like Aura's champion (this concept recurs in Legend of the Twilight, G.U., Link, as well as the movie).
Angry Nine_Tails137
It's pretty good!
Angry Nine_Tails137
Unfortunately that's true for this series. One remedy is that a PS2 is cheap and/or the games will run on emulators now. But hopefully we gave you a bunch of other options. .hack//G.U. Trilogy sort of covers the events of the G.U. games... sort of. It's more of a lucid dream than a movie...
Solar
Angry Nine_Tails137
It really has nothing to do with Kite or BlackRose, in the Quantum era there are just a lot of tribute characters. There's no deeper connection that that. In the movie, Aura gives the main character Kite's actual avatar, since Kite is kind of like Aura's champion (this concept recurs in Legend of the Twilight, G.U., Link, as well as the movie).
Angry Nine_Tails137
It's pretty good!
Angry Nine_Tails137
Unfortunately that's true for this series. One remedy is that a PS2 is cheap and/or the games will run on emulators now. But hopefully we gave you a bunch of other options. .hack//G.U. Trilogy sort of covers the events of the G.U. games... sort of. It's more of a lucid dream than a movie...

What are the similarities and differences between The Dot Hack(.Hack) Universe and Madoka Magica by all chances, again?
Audio Surgery
I love the soundtracks for these series, always have, always will, so beautifully made xP

Simply put, you are not alone in those regards if it means anything sir.
I started messing with Fragment on the PC. How do people get the keyboard to work?
Javier Cross
What are the similarities and differences between The Dot Hack(.Hack) Universe and Madoka Magica by all chances, again?
Ummm, Homura, Kite, Haseo, Sakuya, and Sora Yuuki all fight to free a friend from something they can't escape from themselves. But in none of the .hack stories does that friend become a god and their savior become a
devil

However, Aura does undergo something similar to Homura. It even semi-involves time travel.
Solar
Angry Nine_Tails137
Angry Nine_Tails137
It's pretty good!
Angry Nine_Tails137

I do, however own a 3DS Game where Kite and BlackRose are one of the Paired playable Characters.

The Game is called: "Project X Zone(Pronounced: Project Cross Zone)"

It's a Cross-over Game that features characters from: Namco Bandai, Sega, and Capcom all in one!

So, basically, that's the only Game I currently own that features Characters from the .Hack Series.

Scompiglio's Wife

I remember that game being talked about. I don't own any hand held systems anymore, so I didn't invest in it.
Solar
I started messing with Fragment on the PC. How do people get the keyboard to work?
Javier Cross
Ummm, Homura, Kite, Haseo, Sakuya, and Sora Yuuki all fight to free a friend from something they can't escape from themselves. But in none of the .hack stories does that friend become a god and their savior become a
devil

However, Aura does undergo something similar to Homura. It even semi-involves time travel.

You didn't read the Madoka Magica side-stories either, I see?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
So I'm gunna give you guys an update. I gave up on that stupid dungeon in Quarantine cuz its dumb.

I read the manga .hack//XXXX which was really interesting in the fact it was in Cubia's point of view of the first 4 games, and you get to see where kite get the "Azure God" ability that you see later in G.U. when he "becomes" Tri-edge so to speak.

I then read the manga .hack//Alcor, which gives you a nice background story for Silabus and Gaspard for when you start the G.U. games, as well as Alkaid (the former Demon palace Emperor)

I then read the novel .hack//Cell vol 1-2 and I got alot of back story on Tri-edge which was awesome. I loved this novel series more then any other read so far, if you havent read it yet i Strongly suggest you do It makes the whole Tri-Edge thing alot easier to understand, at least for me anyways.

I just beat .hack//G.U. Rebirth (vol.1) and i understand alot more about the purpose of Tri-edge in "The World R:2" from reading Cell specifically.

I put in Vol 2 of the G.U. Trilogy, and all the assumptions i made from the connection between Alcor, Cell, and G.U. 1 all came together beautifully. The only issue im having is figuring out how Balmung and Orca fit into the equation of G.U. but maybe if i actually started playing Vol 2 it'll come to me. Only thing i can thing of right now is that they where closely connected to the Aura/Morganna incident in "The World R:1" But for the most part I completely understand why Kite's data was used to make "Tri-Edge"

If you guys want to hear what the purpose of Tri-Edge is (if they dont really explain it in the games that is) I can explain it whee
Javier Cross
You didn't read the Madoka Magica side-stories either, I see?
I have a depressed enough time with the main story.
Orega Fire
So I'm gunna give you guys an update. I gave up on that stupid dungeon in Quarantine cuz its dumb.

I read the manga .hack//XXXX which was really interesting in the fact it was in Cubia's point of view of the first 4 games, and you get to see where kite get the "Azure God" ability that you see later in G.U. when he "becomes" Tri-edge so to speak.

I then read the manga .hack//Alcor, which gives you a nice background story for Silabus and Gaspard for when you start the G.U. games, as well as Alkaid (the former Demon palace Emperor)

I then read the novel .hack//Cell vol 1-2 and I got alot of back story on Tri-edge which was awesome. I loved this novel series more then any other read so far, if you havent read it yet i Strongly suggest you do It makes the whole Tri-Edge thing alot easier to understand, at least for me anyways.

I just beat .hack//G.U. Rebirth (vol.1) and i understand alot more about the purpose of Tri-edge in "The World R:2" from reading Cell specifically.

I put in Vol 2 of the G.U. Trilogy, and all the assumptions i made from the connection between Alcor, Cell, and G.U. 1 all came together beautifully. The only issue im having is figuring out how Balmung and Orca fit into the equation of G.U. but maybe if i actually started playing Vol 2 it'll come to me. Only thing i can thing of right now is that they where closely connected to the Aura/Morganna incident in "The World R:1" But for the most part I completely understand why Kite's data was used to make "Tri-Edge"

If you guys want to hear what the purpose of Tri-Edge is (if they dont really explain it in the games that is) I can explain it whee
They definitely explain it - you've done a really good job of avoiding spoilers! That's definitely the way to experience Vol. 2. My girlfriend and I are actually playing through it right now too, as I introduce her to the series. It's definitely better to go in non-spoiled.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff