Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
So, i started the .hack challenge a few months ago, and im stuck on the .hack//quarantine (the 4th vol game)
I've already beaten it you see... but im stuck on the part when you get Mia back... HOW IN THE HECK are you supposed to get through a 15 floor dungeon, while using data drain in almost every portal?!?!?! I get to the 3rd floor and get System Error. I'm lvl 98, all the equipment across the party is of at least lvl 90. I use Kite (myself) Elk (cuz he just HAS to be there....) and Helba (cuz omg hacks!)
If anyone can give me an actual strategy for this freakin dungeon that would be great.
And since i've already "beaten" the game i have moved onto the next arc, which was reading a few chapters of AI buster volume 2 and Legend of Twilight Manga/anime.
But i feel like i havent actually "beaten" the game unless I get Mia back.
Orega Fire
So, i started the .hack challenge a few months ago, and im stuck on the .hack//quarantine (the 4th vol game)
I've already beaten it you see... but im stuck on the part when you get Mia back... HOW IN THE HECK are you supposed to get through a 15 floor dungeon, while using data drain in almost every portal?!?!?! I get to the 3rd floor and get System Error. I'm lvl 98, all the equipment across the party is of at least lvl 90. I use Kite (myself) Elk (cuz he just HAS to be there....) and Helba (cuz omg hacks!)
If anyone can give me an actual strategy for this freakin dungeon that would be great.
And since i've already "beaten" the game i have moved onto the next arc, which was reading a few chapters of AI buster volume 2 and Legend of Twilight Manga/anime.

Does Helba have Data Draining capabilities on her, by chance?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

of course not. XD she just hacked her character data so he hits like a truck and never dies cuz for 9999hp, compared to my 1800.
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

of course not. XD she just hacked her character data so she hits like a truck and never dies cuz for 9999hp, compared to my 1800.

Whee, Reality-Warping is so much fun. blaugh whee
If Helba had a DD Variant on her, she'd be even more Game-breaking than she already is, right?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

of course not. XD she just hacked her character data so she hits like a truck and never dies cuz for 9999hp, compared to my 1800.

If Helba had a DD Variant on her, she'd be even more Game-breaking than she already is, right?

Just a bit sweatdrop So... the issue comes across the "Random" happening of the magic portals. I checked online and everywhere i looked its about Luck... cuz every portal will either bring out a Data Bug, a Chest, or a mix between normal and data bug monsters. Worst case is 3 data bugs, and i seem to get those QUITE a bit. sweatdrop
I use Fairy Orbs to see the quickest path with fewest portals, but as you DD you start to lose things... and the last run i did... it took all 90 Fairy Orbs crying It was terrible. but a few rooms later i get System Error and had to start over anyways.
But there are 15 FLOORS so.... how the heck can i beat this "random" thing in order to unlock the last few movies and truly complete the game?
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

Just a bit sweatdrop So... the issue comes across the "Random" happening of the magic portals. I checked online and everywhere i looked its about Luck... cuz every portal will either bring out a Data Bug, a Chest, or a mix between normal and data bug monsters. Worst case is 3 data bugs, and i seem to get those QUITE a bit. sweatdrop
I use Fairy Orbs to see the quickest path with fewest portals, but as you DD you start to lose things... and the last run i did... it took all 90 Fairy Orbs crying It was terrible. but a few rooms later i get System Error and had to start over anyways.
But there are 15 FLOORS so.... how the heck can i beat this "random" thing in order to unlock the last few movies and truly complete the game?

That's a good question.
Have you bought more Fairy Orbs for instance?
You got High-end Top Notch Equipment and Gear?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

That's a good question.

but of course! i always have 99 Fairy Orbs on me, and the equip on Kite, Elk, and Helba are all 90+ the issue comes with the data draining... cuz its a bit unfair in the fact that you just have to rely on pure luck, instead of actual game mechanics.
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire

That's a good question.

but of course! i always have 99 Fairy Orbs on me, and the equip on Kite, Elk, and Helba are all 90+ the issue comes with the data draining... cuz its a bit unfair in the fact that you just have to rely on pure luck, instead of actual game mechanics.

Have you made sure to go to places to purify your stats and make sure your Data Drain stats are all clear from the get-go?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross

Have you made sure to go to places to purify your stats and make sure your Data Drain stats are all clear from the get-go?

Why else do you think i lvled all the way to almost the cap for this stupid extra wink the recommended lvl is 95, so i first tried at lvl 90, i didnt get nearly as far until i died on floor 2. after that i tried a few times lvl 94, and got as low as floor 3 until system error. now im lvl 98, and hoping that the 6th time is a charm. and with all this lvling i never used the DD cuz it sucks out all the exp you would get. so im pretty sure 8 lvls worth of grinding without using DD is enough to be sure im completely in the clear as far as stats go.
Orega Fire
Javier Cross

Why else do you think i lvled all the way to almost the cap for this stupid extra wink the recommended lvl is 95, so i first tried at lvl 90, i didnt get nearly as far until i died on floor 2. after that i tried a few times lvl 94, and got as low as floor 3 until system error. now im lvl 98, and hoping that the 6th time is a charm. and with all this lvling i never used the DD cuz it sucks out all the exp you would get. so im pretty sure 8 lvls worth of grinding without using DD is enough to be sure im completely in the clear as far as stats go.

Apart from getting an old friend back?
You want to be ready for trouble by all means as those Dawn Guardians are no jokes in the least bit.

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross

You want to be ready for trouble by all means as those Dawn Guardians are no jokes in the least bit.

Yeah, you fight a few of them toward the end of the game to get the final few virus cores you need to meet Harald, but i havent even gotten that far in the dungeon to find them yet! I read the novel Another Birth Vol4 so i know what happens, but i wanna play through it, not just read it. Cuz i guess Macha (the cat from Sign) morphs with one of the Dawn Guardians and that is the "Boss" before Mia gets Reborn (she loses all her memory from before she met Kite). But i want to see the cinematic version crying and No i wont go to youtube and watch it... i wanna have it forever on the memory card XD
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross

Yeah, you fight a few of them toward the end of the game to get the final few virus cores you need to meet Harald, but i havent even gotten that far in the dungeon to find them yet! I read the novel Another Birth Vol4 so i know what happens, but i wanna play through it, not just read it. Cuz i guess Macha (the cat from Sign) morphs with one of the Dawn Guardians and that is the "Boss" before Mia gets Reborn (she loses all her memory from before she met Kite). But i want to see the cinematic version crying and No i wont go to youtube and watch it... i wanna have it forever on the memory card XD

This is gonna be epic if anyone at all knows how to provide a helping hand, there.

___

While we await to see if anyone could assist, have you role-played before by chance?

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross

This is gonna be epic if anyone at all knows how to provide a helping hand, there.

___

While we await to see if anyone could assist, have you role-played before by chance?

Oh but of course XD i've LARP'd, I'm in a few campaigns for 3.5 DND, I also cosplay in character. Im hoping to get a cosplay group for .hack for anime expo in cali next year.

Scompiglio's Wife

Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross
Orega Fire
Javier Cross

___

THAT nightmare of a dungeon. I've only finished that dungeon once. And to be fair, here's something you have to do:

1. DO NOT fight in the field. Just run as fast as you can to the entrance.

2. Use a fairy's orb every floor and take the shortest path. It's random how many monsters you get that are infected or not.

3. Be as HIGH level as possible. The higher level you are, the more data drains you can take.

4. Make sure you have all precautions. Save before you go and stock up on everything.

5. Data drain ONLY when necessary. It's fifteen floors, if I remember.

Otherwise, it's really a matter of luck.. You could have an easy run or a really annoying run that basically kills you and forces you to reload. Either way, good luck to you.

Wealthy Bidder

8,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
Princess of the Crows

THAT nightmare of a dungeon. I've only finished that dungeon once. And to be fair, here's something you have to do:

1. DO NOT fight in the field. Just run as fast as you can to the entrance.

2. Use a fairy's orb every floor and take the shortest path. It's random how many monsters you get that are infected or not.

3. Be as HIGH level as possible. The higher level you are, the more data drains you can take.

4. Make sure you have all precautions. Save before you go and stock up on everything.

5. Data drain ONLY when necessary. It's fifteen floors, if I remember.

Otherwise, it's really a matter of luck.. You could have an easy run or a really annoying run that basically kills you and forces you to reload. Either way, good luck to you.

Yeah, i got the basics down, i was just hoping someone would have figured out the "random" percentages for chances of getting chests/normal monsters instead of 1-3 data bugs. cuz i ALWAYS seem to get the 3 data bugs! scream
Now the matter of the Fairy's orb... I always have 99 stocked before i go anywhere. This has happened for all 5 times i have tried to get this stupid dungeon done. I data drain and instead of EXP Loss, like it has done before, it deletes an item in the inventory and OF COURSE it goes for the Fairy' Orbs! so i lose ALL of them. This place is a piece of crap and it needs to burn in the fiery depths of hell. burning_eyes
As for level, I grind to lvl 98 with Kite and Elk today and then had to go to work, so i couldnt actually see if i could run it. The party member I use is Helba cuz she hits like a truck and can takes hits for days.
So I'm hoping this weekend when i get the chance to play again, I'll be able to complete this dungeon and be done with this game. so i can then read/watch Legend of Twilight, read .Hack//Alcor - Benetnasch and the Novels for XXXX and Cell, so I can start GU next week. Only problem is, i need to wait for those novels/manga to come in the mail crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff