Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Day 1 - Entries and Winners (Thank you!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm
User Image

Alaia191

Lynn00G

Daypaw

Gruelgrimm

x_icewhip_x

X_wishing_well_X

Treya_Barton

1kaz

Violette Cielle

xxxEmu92xxx

Shujitsun

XxMo_uNdEaDxX

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who entered the contest! I loved all of your entries, and it was really hard to choose the winners. This is the most successful writing contest I've ever hosted in the NSTG, and I couldn't have done it without you! emotion_bigheart

Sorry I took a while to post this. Feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

[quote="Eternal Rebellion"][/quote]

Alaia191
A Mother's Love
1st Place

Dear Emily, 7/5/1996

It has been a few hours since our ship crashed, and I only just recovered from the shock enough to pull out my journal. I am so glad that I thought to quickly grab my backpack as we were ushered out of our rooms into lifeboats. Although my delay in stuffing some granola bars and my water bottle cost me - they were out of the sturdy wooden lifeboats when I came out and I had to go all alone in an inflatable raft. So far it is holding up. And I think I see an island up ahead.

I don’t know what’s going to happen over these next few days. All I know is that I’ll have to stay alive - for both of us. Because I don’t want to lose you.

You barely kicked me at all through the commotion. I think you sensed that something was wrong and stayed quiet to make things better. Or maybe you just slept through it all.

You’re supposed to be born in a few days. Hopefully by then I’ll be in the hospital. I was afraid enough to give birth at seventeen as it is, without having to give birth all alone on an island - or worse, in a lifeboat - to worry me.

But no matter what, you need to know that I don’t regret a single decision I’ve made about you over these past nine months.

The only thing I regret is running away from my family to live with my boyfriend. He turned out to be a scumbag, but at least I have you to show for it. And when I wanted to go home, at least he had the decency to pay for a ship to bring me home.

I only wish he had paid for a plane ticket instead.

I must stop writing - I’m feeling really tired all of a sudden. Goodnight, my darling.

Love,

Rachel (your mother)

Dear Emily, 7/6/1996

Today I landed on a small island. There isn’t much here - a few trees, some coconut and some banana, but not many. And apparently animals live on this island, because there are banana peels on the sandy ground in places and every once in a while I can see a paw print, though I can’t tell what animal it is. There must be a lot of them though, because there are barely any fruits on the trees. Hopefully enough to help us both survive.

I have yet to find a source of fresh water. For now I’m rationing sips of my water bottle - one sip every two hours until I find a stream or something. I’ll also have to figure out how to get coconut milk.

I’m going to stop writing now - I’ve got to figure out how to make some sort of shelter, or else find one, and then I’m going to go rest. I have a slight headache.

Love,

Mommy

Dear Emily, 7/7/1996

I never found a freshwater stream. However, I was able to get coconut milk out of the coconuts (it took me at least an hour to figure it out - without my cell phone or my watch it was hard to keep track of the time). I also made a fire to keep me (and you) warm as the night got kind of chilly.

I also made a rather crude fishing rod out of a thin branch and some string I had in my backpack, and found some bugs to use as bait. I even caught a few small fish, and it felt like a feast to eat them over a campfire. I’m glad that my dad took me fishing as a young girl. I can’t wait for you to meet him as soon as we’re rescued - and as soon as you’re born.

Right now I miss my parents more than anything. I’ve caused them so much worry and stress. I wrote them a note telling them that I’d gone but they probably searched for me anyway. Maybe they still are. Or maybe they’ve given up on me. I couldn’t quite get up the nerve to call them when I decided to come home. I had kind of just planned on showing up again. I didn’t even know what to say to them. I still don’t.

I hope you won’t cause the same worries to me that I did to my parents.

Do you know why I decided to name you Emily? It’s because my mom’s name is Emily, and our family has kind of had this tradition of naming our oldest daughters after our mothers. I’m my mom’s only daughter. And my dad’s name is Richard. Maybe someday you’ll have a little brother or sister - or both. I hope so.

You know, most girls would have been upset at finding out at 16 that they were pregnant, but somehow, I wasn’t. I felt nothing but joy. I need you to know that.

Love,

Mommy

Dear Emily, 7/8/1996

I practiced writing out what I would say to my parents when I got home in the back pages of this journal. It kind of turned into a letter rather than something I would say. Maybe I’ll give it to them when I’m home.

Today I made a huge pile of driftwood and grass for when I see a ship or helicopter or something come by. So far I haven’t, but when I do, I’ll be prepared.

I also walked around the island some more, looking for a fresh water stream. I’m surprised my water has lasted this long - I’ve been drinking a lot of coconut milk. Do you think that when you’re born and as you grow older, you’ll like coconuts? Or will you hate them because, subconsciously, they’ll remind you of the one time we’ve ever gone hungry? I say one time because I have no intention of ever letting you go hungry. When I get home, I’ll go back to high school. Your grandma and grandpa could watch you - I’m sure they’d love you as much as I do. Or maybe I’ll homeschool, so I can stay and watch you. And then I’m going to college to go into social work. My goal is to help pregnant teenagers who maybe want to keep their children but are scared. Maybe knowing that I was like them would reassure them. And maybe sometimes I could bring you in to show them that you weren’t traumatized.

Because I am going to do everything in my power to make sure you live a happy life.

I’m going to go and get some sleep now - you’ve been keeping me awake with your kicking and just now you’re really quiet.

Love,

Mommy

Dear Emily, 7/9/1996

Soon, very soon I think, I’m going to meet you face-to-face. My water broke and my contractions are very close now.

I’m scared - help still hasn’t come. I’m all alone with no help. No doctors, no hospitals. And it hurts - it hurts a lot. I know you don’t mean it though.

I wish my parents were here. Dear God, I wish my parents were here!

-Mommy

My dearest, darling baby, 7/10/1996

You are so beautiful. Why did I ever used to think that all babies were red and wrinkly and ugly? Maybe other babies are, but not you. Small and wrinkly, but never ugly. You’ve even got wisps of brown hair, just like mine - although mine is quite a bit longer.

I’ve wrapped you up in my red sweater. Don’t worry about me being cold though - I just keep warm by holding you close - though that makes it hard to write. As soon as I feel a little less weak I’ll build a fire.

I’m still bleeding a little bit. I hope it stops soon.

Love,

Your blissful mother

Dear Emily, 7/11/1996

I lit the signal fire. I’ll try to keep it burning for a few days, because so far I still haven’t seen any help. I don’t feel up to fishing, but I have a store of coconuts and two granola bars near where I sleep - with you always with me.

You have no idea how wonderful it feels to be holding you in my arms - even to hear you crying at all hours.

Everything was worth it.

Love,

Mommy

My dearest daughter, 7/12/1996

I’m getting weaker all the time. And I’m still bleeding. And I feel sick.

I have a feeling that I’m not going to make it.

There’s enough wood burning to keep the fire going for a while. And I think that lump in the horizon might be a ship.

But darling, I think you’re the only one who’s going to be rescued.

I can’t even eat or drink anything.

My dearest Emily, I hope that whoever find us - finds you - will find my parents and bring you to them. I hope that you will grow up with a happy life with your grandparents telling you about their daughter, and how she made a mistake but it turned out to be the best thing she ever did. Because it brought you into the world.

No matter what happens, no matter what you go through, remember this: I LO

Dear mom, 8/15/2013

I was just given this journal last week. Seventeen years and the orphanage never gave it to me - saving it until I would leave them.

It was a ship that you saw, so I’ve finally found out after much research. I was in the papers for two weeks as the baby rescued from a deserted island wrapped in a bloody red sweater and in her dead mother’s arms. Until a local celebrity caused a scandal.

They didn’t find your parents - not then. I’ve lived in an orphanage my whole life, until suddenly just last week (the day before the orphanage people gave this journal to me) your parents - my grandparents - came charging up the doorsteps. After years of praying and hoping and researching, they finally found me. It was all very overwhelming. There was a lot of crying done. By them. By me.

So, I’m going to live with your parents my grandparents now. I’m moving to a different state and going to a different school for my senior year. I don’t mind it at all. It just feels so good to know that I’m living with the people I really belong with.

I grew up wondering whether I’d been abandoned or whether my parents had died. The orphanage wouldn’t tell me. Sometimes I hated you, or hated who I thought you were. And others I told myself that I didn’t.

Mom, I’m so sorry I ever thought I hated you. Reading this I can see how wrong that was. I saw your earlier entries, and saw that you were funny, and kind. Outgoing. And sometimes scared. I’m afraid there’s a few teardrops on the last page you wrote on. I hope you don’t mind.

I love you so much. And I’m so glad you loved me.

Oh, by the way, mom, I found out I’m pregnant.

If it’s a girl, I’m naming her Rachel.

Love,

Your daughter,

Emily

Daypaw
Lock
2nd Place

Note: (Suggestive Themes)
08/15/2013
Dear Diary;
How absurd to have been undone by a lock. Stuck here for hours and no safe escape in sight- I suppose I am stranded here until someone comes looking for me. No matter, I have plenty of homework to keep myself busy in the meantime! The hours will fly by, surely- there is no better cure for boredom than oceanography and biology. Beforehand, a quick update is in order- sorry no letters for the past few days, I have been buried under a mountain of homework a mile deep as I’m sure you can imagine. Justin hasn’t said much to me since my previous entry- I’ll just be patient, I don’t want to scare him away. Milli and Kate have both been doing great in their classes, but from what I gathered through talking with Maria over Skype the other day, she isn’t doing so well in her arithmetic classes and is looking for a tutor. I wish I lived closer to her so that I could help her out more than I do now, sometimes I don’t feel like a very good friend. Mom and Dad are still doing mostly alright back at home, but that drama is an entry for another day.
Sincerely,
Hannah

--

08/15/2013 (Late Evening)
Dear Diary;
Taking a short reading break. I'm fixating on something that smells like ammonia. Maybe it is just the thought of being stuck here for the time being, but I don't remember this place ever feeling so.... dirty.
My imagination is running away with me, it cannot be helped.
Sincerely;
Hannah

--
08/16/2013
Dear Diary;
I am still stuck on this rooftop. I realized last night when I finished my homework that nobody had come back to the door to let me in- I must have beat on the infernal thing for hours. I screamed over the ledge until my throat was hoarse, but either nobody heard me or nobody cared. Someone will have to come up here eventually, so I’ll just keep working on my reading in the meantime- I’m not sure how I will explain this to my professors, though. This is going to put me way behind in my studies. Why was the door even locked? It has never been locked before.
Sincerely,
Hannah

--
08/16/2013 (Evening)
Dear Diary;
I’m getting scared. Nobody has come to the door yet- I don’t have anything to eat and I finished everything in my water bottle this morning. I am beyond filthy- there must be years of dirt and grime up here, and I have been getting uncomfortably friendly with it since that blasted lock showed up. I don’t know what to do- isn’t there someone looking for me? I told my friends that I was coming up here to study where it was quiet, why haven’t they told anyone to look for me up here?
Hannah

--
08/17/2013
Dear Diary;
I’m getting desperate. I have been all around the edges of this building looking for a fire escape that is within reach, or another building ledge that I could jump to- but everything is just too far away. I’m getting so thirsty, I can’t really see straight anymore. It is taking all of my concentration to put together a coherent thought out here in the sun, I can simply NOT fathom continuing like this. My wrists are bruised from beating on the door- I will have to wait for someone to search for me, I cannot continue to try and gain attention this way.
Hannah

--

08/17/2013 (Evening)
Diary;
It is hot.
Hannah

--

02/72333
Dairy
Mom and dad miss home go justin fish
Hannah

--

08/18/2013 (Evening)
Dear Diary;
Please forgive my previous entry, I was rather delirious this morning. By some miracle there was rain this afternoon- I now have a small amount of water. I still don’t feel well- I am sure that I am well beyond dehydrated, but I have had a fair amount to drink and my water bottle is full. I’m glad I kept it- most of my pens and small books have gone over the ledge already and still no help has come.
I have been musing in my quiet time, Diary. I’m sure I could have been using this time to catch up on what reading I have with me, but no. I have been thinking- mostly about my friends, about Milli and Kate in particular. How are they doing? Did they not tell anyone where I was because they didn’t notice that I was missing? Perhaps I am not as important to them as they have always been to me- surely they care for me, but to neglect such a simple detail when someone goes missing… And what of my parents? Surely they have noticed that I am not visiting. Is anyone looking for me? Have my professors noticed my absence? It has been days since my stranding here atop this building- many of my personal effects have been dropped into the streets below, and not a soul has come to investigate.
Is this a reflection on me? Am I such a deplorable thing that I am not worth finding? Not worth helping? Or is this a reflection on the society in which I live, that we do not help one another? I do not understand, Diary. I wish you could talk back, help me realize what it is that I am missing here. It certainly cannot be that everyone within this society is so cruel as to let me perish here alone.
Sincerely;
Hannah

--
08/19/2013
Dear Diary;
I am starving. I still have my water, about half of the bottle- but it is not going to last the day. I have managed to catch a few bugs up here, but the amount of nutrients that they provide is laughable. I tried catching birds that were perched on the rooftop earlier this morning, but no luck- I don’t have the tools required for such a feat. What I wouldn’t give for a simple box and stick!
I am concerned by how lethargic I feel, Diary. The day after my stranding, I was filled with vigor and zest to be free- I read my entry about shouting until I could not anymore, and I truly cannot even imagine being bothered with trying to cry for help at this point. It requires too much energy, and all I feel up to doing is huddling here in my corner where the sun does not quite reach.
There are some clouds in the distance, Diary. I am praying for more rain. I may not be able to summon food from the sky, but if I can get more water, I may yet be able to buy myself time.
Hannah

--
08/20/2013
Diary, I’ve realized something.
You are an amazing friend, Diary.
I’m all alone up here, but you have so many thoughts in you. So many ideas. I looked back through your pages to April, when I met Justin- such a great month!
But you know? The things that I have written- my time here, it has taught me something.
If I read between those lines, you give great insight, Diary. Here I am fawning over some cute guy and all you’ve been saying from the beginning is ‘he’s out of your league.’ I should have known, right?
And all these entries about Milli- you’re telling me ‘She doesn’t have time for you!’
And Kate, ‘She thinks you’re poor trash!’
And even Maria- ‘You’re too dumb to help, leave this to the professionals.’
Oh, Diary, why didn’t I start listening to you sooner?

--
08/21/2013
I hate you.

--
08/22/2013
Diary
I have been thinking. Maybe it wouldn’t be so hard to get off this roof after all.

08/22/2013
I’m sorry, Diary. I’m being irrational.

08/22/2013
No, no- this is perfectly logical. What do you think? My books and pens all fell away, why can’t I do the same?

08/22/2013
You’re right, Diary. This is silly. I should just wait.

08/22/2013
I can’t wait forever.

08/22/2013
You’re right- who would even notice?

--
08/30/2013
Dear Diary;
You saved my life. I don’t remember writing anything after the day of the second rain- the police tell me that you broke a car windshield at evening rush hour and then someone finally noticed me up on the roof. They say I was planning to jump- based on the writings from 08/22 and if I had already thrown you off, I can’t really argue with that but I can’t believe I would ever reach that point.
I have been given a clean bill of health! It is nice to be home. I have a lot of lessons to catch up on, unfortunately- I will be going back at the beginning of next week, though my professors have agreed to give me some extra time and some private lessons to help get me back on track.
My parents came in to visit as soon as I was found- there was apparently a decent sized search and rescue going on. Milli and Kate were beyond distraught that they forgot that I said I was going to the roof, though in retrospect, I suppose I could have picked a better place to study. I'll just be studying at home like a normal person from now on. I am still a bit rattled from the whole experience- I have been having bad dreams, in particular, so I think I am also going to get in touch with someone to help handle the post-traumatic stress, just to be on the safe side.
I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do now- just a few short weeks ago I had my heart set on marine biology, but life is short. Maybe I should think about some of the other options that my family had ruled out for my on the grounds that they were ‘not respectable’ before coming to school way out here. If I am only going to live once, I would much rather be happy than wealthy.
I will talk to my parents about graphic design and animation classes at the end of this semester.
Sincerely;
Hannah

Gruelgrimm
Waterlogged Captain's Log I - VII
3rd Place

[Story Recipe]
Links

Waterlogged Captain's Log I

Day One~ Casting off from Gambino shores

Waterlogged Captain's Log II

Day Two~ Rough Seas!

Waterlogged Captain's Log III

Day Three~ Set Off-Course!

Waterlogged Captain's Log IV

Day Four~ Unexpected Guests!

Waterlogged Captain's Log V

Day Five~ Monster, Monster of the Deep!

Waterlogged Captain's Log VI

Day Six~ Shipwrecked!

Waterlogged Captain's Log VII

Entry Seven~ Homeward Bound!

x_icewhip_x
Emily's Log
Honorable Mention

Emily’s Log

June, 3, 2013 7:14 PM

I have everything set up, I think. I was able to gather enough fruit and game for a meal tonight, as well as tomorrow morning’s breakfast. There’s a fire, dry kindling, a nearby water source, and a crude shelter on high ground. Luckily it’s looking like a clear sky tonight. Despite being marooned, the odds are looking to be in my favor.
I’m honestly just happy that I survived the crash into the rocky shore. When the crunch of smashing wood first hit my ears, part of me thought I had already died, and the sound was just a memory. Luckily, with some quick thinking, I was able to bail out and swim around to the sand. I could kick myself for going out this far by myself, but there’s enough time for that after I’m sure I’ll stay alive long enough to entail a punishment.
After looking through the wreckage, there was very little I could salvage: this notebook and pen (it was going to be for my research of the wildlife in these waters), two lighters, a first aid kit, a waterproof flashlight, and some spare parts for shelter and fire wood. As luck would have it, my older brother took me survival camping all the time, and I think that I have an honest shot.
While most of me is busy planning ahead, planning out a schedule for tomorrow, double counting supplies, wondering how much fish, game, and fruit this island holds, and so forth, there’s a part of me that can’t help but entertain the question: are they still waiting for me, back home? I said I’d be back home by 7. It’s only been 15 minutes now. How long will it be before my brother starts searching for me, or my father calls the police?
It doesn’t matter, as long as I make sure that I’m still alive when they find me. That’s the one thing that truly matters right now.
I had better eat and turn in early. I want to have enough energy to gather more supplies, and hopefully some materials for a return raft home (if it comes to that).

June, 3, 2013 10:43 PM

A weird sound just woke me up. I can’t help but feel uneasy. It wasn’t any normal animal sound like crickets or a bear (although the distinguishable chirping and several other sounds are also present). No, it’s like nothing I’ve ever heard before. At first I thought it was some sort of bird. But after I woke up a little more, I couldn’t tell if it was a bird or a human voice. Whenever I confirm one explanation, it starts to sound like the other.
I don’t know if I’m just tired, or if I’m just going a little crazy from being alone, or if I’m scared about surviving by myself. I’m just starting to feel really freaked out right now. I’ve never been on my own like this before. At least not without my brother. I really wish he was here to tell me what that sound is. He’d be able to tell me.
Goodness, it’s still going on! It’s been a half hour since it first started! At first it was nice, even soothing. Now... now it’s just grating. It’s like the moaning zombies on the first day of an apocalypse. You don’t think unnerving sounds can get to you. You’re a rock with nerves of steel, right? You know that the sounds can get to you, so you don’t let them. But they do… and how they do.
I just pray it stops soon. I wish I weren’t so terrified, because it really is a lovely sound. It’s so beautiful. I almost want to follow it. That just scares me more. Follow it? It’s the dead of night. It’s dangerous enough inside my shelter! What kind of sound would actually make leaving my campsite and head into the dark wilderness sound like a good idea? What can’t I block it out? WHY?!
I just want to sleep, damn it! I just
Okay… it took me a few minutes to truly believe, but I think it stopped. I’m mostly relived, but a part of me is a bit disappointed. Looking back, I really wish that I could have eased up and enjoyed that sound while it lasted. If I had known it would only last for thirty minutes, I would have let it lull me to sleep. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow I’ll explore and try to find what made that sound.

June 4, 2013 8:12 AM
I woke to the soothing sounds of birds this morning. At least I thought I did. As my consciousness came back bit by bit, I noticed that it was the same sound as before, yet different. It was still like the mix of a human singing voice and a bird, but last night’s sound was more masculine. Like those boy band members who almost sound like girls if you close your eyes (think Justin Beiber in the beginning of his career). This is definitely a more feminine sound.
With the sun rising in the sky, I decided to follow it into the woods. I grabbed one of my stocked passion fruits and headed into the wild. The island, I should note, is more of a tropical jungle than a forest. Whatever was growling last night wasn’t a bear. Just in case I survive long enough to have anyone read this, I’m not that dumb (I was just tired and going crazy, okay?).
Anyway, I’ve headed into the woods. I haven’t gone very far, and I’ve already found the source, bathing in my water supply (it’s running water, so it should still be fine). I only wish I had a camera, or at least was good at drawing! No one will ever, in a million years, believe me!
Remember how I said it was a human voice and bird chirping in one? Well, that’s precisely what the source of the sound is! A human mixed with a bird! She is simply gorgeous: long, flowing, blonde hair and her body covered in bright green and blue feathers. Her body has smaller feathers, with the constancy of down, covering her like a strapless, one-piece bathing suit. Her arms have longer feathers running from shoulder to wrist, forming wings. She doesn’t have clothes, but the smaller feathers on her body cover enough.
I think I learned about these things in school: Sirens. Who knew that the Odyssey was based on a true story? LOL!
I’m currently hiding behind a tree as I jot this down. I think I’ll try to talk with her.

June 4, 2013 12:34 PM

These Sirens are so lovely! The one described above is named Desiré, and despite being so frightened last night, she assured me that singing I heard was the common sound all her people make. That’s right, there are more! An entire tribe. She says that the elders don’t welcome strangers right away, so I wasn’t able to see, but still! I’m totally psyched right now!
Anyway, the sound was just how they communicate across the island. It’s the same way that wolves howl. They do it to make sure that everyone knows where they are, and to tell Sirens in certain areas of the island to do certain things or bring back certain supplies (sort of like how Dad would call me when I was at the mall and ask me to pick up some Co Co Puffs and Vaseline on the way home). Hearing about it was simply fascinating!
I told Desiré about the sound I heard last night. She said that only one Siren was away from the tribe at that time: a male Siren named Kama. She actually went to go get him for me so I could meet him. He was so apologetic when I told him how freaked out I got. He said that he was out double checking his traps, and was giving the tribe a constant update on his location.
As many times as I assured him that it was fine, he still apologized over and over. He actually offered to help me improve my campsite and bring me food, as a way of making it up to me. He also said he would teach me a better way to fish out here. I feel so stupid for being scared earlier. But I’m so glad I decided to check it out for myself!
He’s coming back to my campsite in a little while. Now I really wish I had a camera, because, to be completely honest… he’s sort of a hunk. His skin is so tan, his muscles so buff. He even had some tattoos. Those tribal bands around the arms, you know? And unlike per usual, they actually mean something! And he has the deepest green eyes that you’ll ever see in your entire eyes! OMG, I’m practically in love already!
You wanna know the best part? Like Desiré, he didn’t have clothes on either (but a suggestively placed bundle of bright red feathers). I was blushing so red.
Oh, here he comes now!

June 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Just writing down some rules for future reference here. Apparently the elders are a little more wary of strangers than I thought. There aren’t many rules, and considering that they were here first, I can understand a few rules. So:

xxx1. There is a line of turquoise stones that line the jungle floor. Do not move them under any circumstances
xxx2. The line of turquoise rocks cuts the island in half. I am to stay on my half of the island until I’m told otherwise.
xxx3. I am only allowed to talk to a Siren that has previously spoken with me. For now, that is Desiré and Kama.
xxx4. To preserve the island, I should only eat just enough food to be able to thrive (basically, I can eat whatever as long as I don’t pig out and eat everything. It’s more of an honor system on this one).

Those were all the rules I were given, but if there were a fifth rule, I suppose it would be that more rules can be given to me at any time as long as I’m here.
I actually expected them to say something about not telling anyone back home, but they didn’t even mention it. I don’t know whether it’s because they think I moved here permanently, or because they just don’t expect anyone to believe me. On the one hand, they haven’t really talked about when I’ll be going home. On the other hand, it could be one of those “needless to say” things.

June 8, 2013 12:45 PM

Things on the island have been great so far! I’ve actually been really distracted, because for being marooned on an uncharted island, I’m having a lot of fun. I’m still worried about my dad and brother, but I know they’re looking for me. And I’m alive for them to find, so it’s all okay!
Desiré has dropped in once or twice, usually bearing peace offerings from the tribe, to symbolize good will. Basically, it’s like everyone in school giving the foreign exchange student free stuff because he’s from out of the country. But hey! Free stuff, right?
Kama, on the other hand, is a lot more social with me. What started out as some apology work has actually turned into a real friendship. Of course, part of me hopes that I can get some island love to bloom before I’m rescued. He’s so dreamy, not to mention strong, caring, funny, and sooooo nice! We’ve spent every day together, and he’s shown me so much of this island.
There’s a spot further up down the river where the water pools up a little, naturally. The flowers that grow on the bank are amazing. Deep royal blues, brightly hued reds, electric yellows and greens, and bright popping pinks that will blow your mind. I had no idea colors like that existed. And their designs are stunning! Like a fireworks show sprouting out of the ground in an awe-inspiring display.
Of course, Kama brought me there because it was one of the islands several swimming pools. He actually seemed curious as to why I was ogling the flowers so much. I tried to explain that flowers like that didn’t grow back home, but he couldn’t wrap his mind around it. Cultural differences, I suppose.
He also introduced me to the wildlife, as well as giving me a lesson as to what is and isn’t okay to eat. Basically, the only orange fruit that isn’t poisonous grows on the trees. Before eating blue berries, rub one on the ground and see if it sizzles (no sizzling=okay to eat). The red berries are always poisonous, and the green ones are always too ripe. The pink berries should always be okay to eat, as long as they don’t have spots (that means it’s over ripe, and when they get to ripe, they create a toxin). It’s a good thing I learned about them: the pink berries are the most delicious fruit I’ve ever eaten in my life. I told Kama that he should sell them to the mainland. When he asked what selling was, I tried to explain the concept of money. In the end, it left us both a little confused.
Tomorrow, I’m putting into action a plan that will make that island romance of ours bloom for certain: a romantic sunset dinner! I already invited him, and he’s already taught me how to hunt, trap, fish, and gather, as well as cook! Maybe he’ll even come back home with me! That would be a dream come true.

June 9 2013 5:13 PM

Okay, so I ran into a bit of trouble. Maybe if I write it out, I’ll be able to sort it out in my head.
So, I was trying to catch this island boar that escaped a trap I set. I would have just reset the trap, but it was already wounded, and I wouldn’t have been able to catch a new one in time for dinner. So I was chasing it through the woods, not really paying attention.
By the time I catch it, I’m already through the jungle and on the beach. I catch it, smash its head in, the whole nine yards. But when I look around, I can instantly tell that I’m over the line. A common mistake, right? I was so intent on catching that stupid boar!
So, I turn around to go back (before I’m caught), when I suddenly realize what’s on the shore: ships. And not just a few! No! Several! At least a hundred, maybe two hundred, crashed on a shore that was ten times more jagged and rocky than the one I crashed on the other side of the island.
What was even more unsettling… there were bones in the sand. And not just a few scattered bones! Oh no! Literally hundreds upon hundreds of bones. And I swear to God, they were human! They had to be! No one but a human has that kind of skull. I could have brushed it off as that’s where the Sirens dump the bones of the game they catch, but no other creature on this island— in this WORLD, has that shape of skull!
I was stunned. I could do nothing but quake there, in the sand, knees buckling. When I got part of my wits back, I ran from the beach, into the jungle, not stopping until I reached my campsite again.
I’ve tried to think of an explanation ever since I got back. Nothing seemed to fit. Where did those boats come from? Who were those people that the bones belonged to? And more importantly, if my dad and brother are looking for me… am I going to be alive to greet them?
I shouldn’t have invited Kama to dinner. This whole thing was a mistake! I should have just stayed here, in my campsite, and waited for rescue. I’m so stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! And now, I’m going to die! I just know it! They’re going to find out, and they’re going to kill me, dip my body in a pool of flesh eating piranha, and throw my bones in the sand with all the others. God, I can’t go out this way!
Can I swim to another island? I can’t see any land, but maybe if I swim out a little ways, I’ll be able to find something. Or maybe a cruise ship will see me and take me aboard?
No… I’m stuck. I’m stuck, and I’m going to die, and… I just want to go home! I want to see my Dad, and hug him, and hear him call me his little princess. I want to see my brother and tell him I love you, and apologize for arguing with him when he said I shouldn’t go out to sea that day. He was right! And now I’m going to die! Todd, if you read this, I’m sorry! I’m so so sorry!
Oh God, Kama’s here!

June 9 2013, 7:27 PM

Sheesh, did I actually write that? I’m such a fricking drama queen. Of course, I did think I was going to die, so I suppose it’s not completely ridiculous that I would freak out a little. And for the record, Todd, I am sorry, but you still didn’t have to talk to me like some little kid, you know. Jerk…
Anyway, Kama saw me crying, and in a fit of fear and sorrow, I told him what happened. He seemed pretty understanding, and he was actually able to explain what I saw:
The boats on the shore were the vessels that had crashed there over the centuries. That part of the Odyssey where the Siren’s songs would lure sailors to them wasn’t just something that… sheesh, who wrote the Odyssey again? Anyway, it wasn’t something that was made up by the author Homer (I finally remembered). When the Sirens on this island “sang”, it would attract sailors to the island by accident, causing them to crash. It wasn’t something the Siren’s intended, mind you. It just happened that way.
And like with me, the Sirens were very welcoming to these new comers. So the bones? Well, sometimes the newcomers weren’t so welcoming to them. In fact, most often, the people aboard the boats would attack the poor Sirens out of fear (as flawed humans do). So of course, they have the full right to defend themselves. The bones were the remains of the humans who threatened them and were killed in battle. And since bones don’t rot as fast as flesh, that’s why there are so many.
Thinking back on it, I was a little stupid to instantly assume that something was amiss, but Kama understood. After all, the only reason that the elders didn’t want me to cross over was because they were afraid I would get scared, and figured that I had been scared enough.
That being the case, he said that he would explain this to the elders and ask if I could come have dinner with their tribe. It actually sounds like a lot of fun! I really want to meet all these nice Sirens.

June 10, 2013 6:34 PM

The elders said yes! I’m actually sitting at the table (in the seat of honor, as they said); trying to get a few words down before dinner starts. Everything is just beautiful.
Everyone seems so happy here. There’s a smile on everyone’s face, and everyone does their part to help clean and cook and take care of everyone. Oh, and I wish you could see how adorable these little kids look! They look like brightly colored little penguins (nix beak)!
And I think I understand why Kama was so perplexed about why I was so mesmerized by the flowers next to the swimming pool: the flora around the tribe is just so… I can’t even put into words how vibrant and full these colors are! It’s like I fell into a work of art! I mean, I feel like my eyes are about to pop out of my head, it’s so bright and colorful here! And it’s not just in a few places either. Nu-uh! These flowers are EVERYWHERE!
And everything is handmade too. Needless to say, but it’s still pretty cool. The table, the chairs, the huts, everything is made from wood, bones, and hide. It’s astounding.
I’m actually getting pretty hungry. Luckily, they have little bowls of pink berries to munch on. Everyone’s been so nice to me since I arrived in the tribe. They put a fur robe around me; put me in a seat of honor. Seriously, what did I do to deserve to be treated like this? I like being treated like royalty (who doesn’t?), but I feel like it’s a bit undeserved.
They’ve all been talking up this really big dinner. I hope I don’t spoil my appetite on these berries. They’re so addictive!
Oh, the elder said that we’re going to start eating soon. Bye!

June 10, ’13 Night

These might be the last words I’m able to write. I’m close to shore, trying to hide. I don’t have much time before they catch up to me.
Whoever comes here, whoever reads this, run. Just run away and don’t look back. Swim if you have to. Everything I’ve written is a lie. The Sirens are not who they seem. They are

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm
xxxEmu92xxx
Journal of Emma W.

Day 1
When i woke this morning, i swore it was all a dream. We couldnt have sank, we just couldnt have. From what i remember is that i was having a drink up on deck,chating with some of the other voyagers and then out of no were someone screamed "look out!". I moved to the side of the scooner and peered over the edge and there it sat....the Reef.We were going to hit it, nothing was going to help us now.I remember the great shaking that the ships hull gave as it grinded across the sharp black coral.Ripping and tearing at it like a hawk with its prey.Then i awoke here on this beach. Im fine though minus the small gash in my leg which finaly stopped bleeding after i ripped the bottom of my dress into pieces and tied them around my leg. i hope its not to long before someone comes to rescue me, or even us. I havnt seen any other survivors yet but i hope they made it to land.Today i shall build a shelter, maybe in the trees away from anything that may lurk in the shadows and tomorrow i will search for food.

Day 2
Woke up bright and early this morning and already i found a few coconuts.i really dont like coconut milk but its better then sea water and at least i can set the shells out t ocatch rain....if it rains. i got a small platform made last night 10 feet off the ground, its got no walls so i was still cold but i felt safer sleeping up there then on the beach.The sounds i heard last night made me happy in the tree.Roaring,hissing,growling...it all made me curl in a ball and cry.I want to go home, i want to see my love agian and my children...Oh how cruel the fates are to me. I better go back out and search for some more food before night falls and maybe make a spear to protect myself

Day 3
i found a flaw in my platform last night, thanks to a howler monkeys morning wake up. He nearly sent me flying out of the tree but when i woke up and screamed he flew instead. jumping to a tree far in the distance. I cant just sit by anymore im going to build a raft if its the last thing i do and get off this island. I got a bad coconut this morning, i almost threw up on the fish i caught. Im going to search for pieces of the shipwreck before night hits...at least that will give me a leg up on building my way to freedom.

Day 4
omg! i found someone, someone from the shipwreck besides myself. She looked so tired so i told her to rest, but when she saw me draging pieces of the ship towards the raft i had begun to buidl she didnt want to rest. she wanted off the island to and home to her mommy and daddy who had let her go on the trip with her grandma. She left her grandma sitting on an intertube that they had grabbed when the ship began to sink, so before we continued wit hthe raft i helped her to retrieve her grandmother.The women sat in the intertube sewing pieces of clothes that ha washed to shore for our sail. we all had a goal an that was to get home to our loved ones.

Late entry for today, we finished the raft! we worked till the sun went down and then we made a makeshift shelter on the ground because the grandma couldnt get up to my platform , but either way i dont care we are all going to head home tomorrow.

Day 5
Homeward bound.we are on our way now, the water is cold agianst my feet but we have made it 15 feet from the shoreline and are peddling strong.we picked up planks of wood this morning and are using those to paddle the raft when there isnt a strong wind. the grandmother is in the middle of the raft sitting on the coat she found because we used the intertube for the middle of the raft under nearth, along with some coconuts. We had bananas,wild strawberrys and coconuts for food. I pray someone finds us before we run out...or the least that we find civilzation before something terrible happens.

Day 6
Saved! omg we are saved. an oil tanker had been sailing by an saw us on the raft. it took them a moment to slow the giant tanker and send a life boat towards us.Greatfuly we climbed in as they yanked a rope ,pulling us back towards them. When i am home i will show my husband my journal so he can see what i did to make it home to him and our children. better yet i think i will tackle him and our children and kiss the mfrom head to toe and never step foot back on a ship agian unless we are fishing with shore insight.I watched the little girl hug her grandmother tightly.The tanker captain asked were we came from and he showed us a map, we guessed we had marooned on a small island just west of were his tanker was heading past. They made a pit stop near it and we were able to rescue 5 more passangers from the scooner. I just pray that if there is anyone still out there, that they make it home safe like we did. I know that i shall live with the nightmares of this journey for ever, but for now i will sit here in this chair watching the sunrise from the safety of the captains cabin window.

Shujitsun
Subject 1

[Entry]

XxMo_uNdEaDxX
For Lucian
Lucian,
I'm stuck on this island surrounded by salt water (i tried to drink it...it was horrible). most of the time i sit with my feet in the water watching little crabs scuttle across my foot. It's a miracle my toe hasn't been pinched yet. as far as i know i'm the only survivor. i didnt talk to anyone much so i have no idea which continent i could be near. i just know days passed and i just stayed in my cabin looking out at the sea and thinking of you. i realized after it was too late that i'd loved you from the moment i met you. you stood proud and happy in a setting Sun talking about swimming across the ocean; i guess i wanted to see what was so special about it, like it would have made me closer to you or something. i managed to hold on to the stuffed animal you gave me when we were kids. through the storm and all the rolling of the waves. i felt like if i lost it i would lose you too...again...i'm sorry i left you. I'm putting this in an empty bottle i found. i hope that someday it will find you.

Entry:Ben the Crab
I woke up early one morning to find a crab wandering around my camp. he was very quiet looking and picking things up with his pincers. hes an odd color, a teal and reddish fellow with bright eyes. for some reason he made me think of you and i felt like writing to tell you about him, Lucian. i've decided to call him Ben, after your father. i remember how he used to chase us and while we hid he would pick up the oddest things to see if we were underneath them; like we could fit under a vase... he's come back for the past 3 days and he just scuttles around picking up scraps and taking them out of camp. i built an awkward tent out of a large piece of sail and large leaves and for flooring its just a bunch of palm leaves. i leave Ben small fish i catch so maybe that's why he stays close to me. its kind of like how you leave milk and cookies for Santa with hopes of him returning. next year, except ben comes back everyday. emotion_bigheart

Entry:Sea Turtles!!!
this evening was spectacular!!!! i heard a bunch of ruckus outside to find turtles crawling over each other and laying eggs! it was amazing Lucian! there were so many of them! one turtle found it's way into my tent but was surprised at all the leaves on the ground so i moved them out of her way and she started digging. i had to evacuate my tent because of all the turtles that came inside. (my tent's not that big either) i cant wait for them to hatch! im sure theyll be small and funny. like how you drew them for me. im going to try and stay up again tonight and watch all the moms dig up sand. its like those motor vehicles drove across the sand over night. there are tracks everywhere!!! well good night for now. ill write you again soon!

Entry:My Venture into the Island
I went past my usual limit in the trees. i finally went exploring and i saw all kinds of different colored bugs and birds! i even found bananas!!!!! I was so excited!!!! i hadn't had a recognizable food in the longest time! the hardest part was getting them down. i wasnt sure how to climb the tree or if i should shoot down a bunch with my sling shot. i decided to shoot them down and try to run and catch them. it was successful! i feel like i've been very lucky so far with everything. there hasnt even been a storm!!!! i mean i could have died from anything but i've been so lucky. it's like i have you watching over me like you did on our camping trips. i miss it when we were kids. i had a reason to hug you for warmth. you had no idea about my feelings at the time, i hadnt even realized them yet. i just knew i always wanted to be by your side. well anyways!!!! i saw a GIGANTIC SNAKE!!!! i had no idea what to do it was in a pond swimming! i had never seen a swimming snake before, i was both awestruck and horrified. i backed away and went elsewhere. i dragged a big stick behind me so i left this huge mark behind me so i knew where i had come from. i didnt venture too far out since time is irrelevant here. but i did collect quite a few things like fresh water, bananas, and a rabbit. i hate killing these creatures but what else can i do?

Entry: It was horrifying emotion_8c
Lucian you never told me that other animals attacked the babies! I cried while running and chasing them away. so many little lives were lost. i started picking up armfuls of them and putting them in the ocean. but there were shark fins sticking out the top of the water!!!! it was so scary! but i did my best to try and put as many as i could into the water. I'm very upset with you for holding back such information Lucian! i cant imagine how the turtles' parents must feel. their offspring dying by the hundreds. i saw Ben rip one apart w/ another crap and he started eating it! i was horrified! i don't think i'll allow Ben in my tent anymore, his behavior was very rude. i saw a lot of birds that i'd never seen before. i shot one in the head with my sling shot and i started preparing it for breakfast for tomorrow. i can use the feathers and bones to make weapons and such. sorry for the blood on the paper. i'm starting to run out of ink i think maybe i'll have to find something else to write with. well, im dont for now. going to save more baby turtles. i found that running around with fire helps!

Entry:I miss you
Sometimes i cant sleep because all i can think of is missing you. i cant tell how long its been but i can see my ribs when i stretch in the morning. i swim a lot. i'm lucky i havent eaten anything inedible or have been poisoned. what little i do know about survival i learned from you and sometimes that makes doing things even harder. i shouldnt have run from my feelings. whether they be forbidden or not. i just didn't want to end up happy. as i cling to my finally piece of you i wonder if you even noticed my absence, or if you even care. i'm sorry i said all those terrible things...i guess maybe thats the biggest reason i left, you stormed out of the room in tears and i fell to my knees and reached out for you, i realized then id never be able to face you now. the one person that was always kind to me and i called you an idiot for wanting to go to another country and follow your dreams. Lucian, my tears are drying up, now my sobs are dry and the rack my body with pain, but i cant stop. I should have called your name i should have run after you but i ran and left a mess of our hearts.

Entry:I think i've reached the end of my rope
Lucian, if i die here on this island without ever seeing you again i just want you to know that i'm sorry. and i hope you live a great and wonderful life. for all the things I said, for all the things i havent...i want the last words i write to you, with the last of my ink, to be that i love you, i always have, from the moment that i first laid eyes on you. it's funny isn't it, i had to end up on a deserted island and die to figure out how much i love you. i still have the plush you gave me it stays with me at all times. goodbye my Love, may these letters reach you.

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm
Treya_Barton
Faded Pages
8/15/2013 - Day 1

It all starts with an idea. "Let's go on a cruise! Sounds like fun, right?" My friends were trying to think of a new way to spend a week's vacation, and after throwing around some possibilities, borealwolf finally mentioned she had always wanted to go on a cruise. We looked around online at the different cruise lines to see who seemed to have the best deal, and after discussing it decided to choose Carnival. I had my reservations - I mean, how many times have we seen them in the news lately due to shipwrecks or boats being stranded in the Gulf? But, probably because of that, they did have a pretty good deal going on, and my friends were convinced it was the way to go. I should have followed instinct.

So, the first day on the cruise is a lot of fun - we spent the day getting some sun at the pool (well, due to the fact sun = turning red for me, I rigorously applied sunblock throughout the day) and eating the delicious food the ship provided. Ah, food...maybe I should skip writing about that for now. I'm already feeling peckish... Anyway, that night we partied a bit in one of their event areas before heading out on deck to stargaze and relax. It had been awhile since I had been out on the water, and even longer since I had been able to see so many stars. It was a clear night, and the moon was only a sliver so the stars got full prominence. We wound up going to bed a little early, tired from all the sun, and promised ourselves we would get up early in order to enjoy our first full day on the water. Well, I guess you could say we DID get up early...

Probably around 1 am, we were woken up by loud noises that sounded like they were coming from the ship itself. "That sounds eerily like the sound the ship made in the movie Titanic," DBZgirl commented from her bed - she was in the bunk below me. I, although tall, loved getting the top bunk.

"That's very reassuring," I had commented, before getting up to look outside. I saw other people poking their heads' out of the rooms or heading out to the deck to investigate. I decided to join them and slipped on my tennis shoes. "I'll be back," I said to my friends, before stepping outside. When I stepped into the hallway, I began to notice the floor seemed to be slightly tilted and felt uneasy. Once I stepped outside, I instantly spotted why.

The ship had run aground on a reef, and the hull where it was run aground was bent up - I suspected there may be a breach somewhere below the waterline. "Great," I muttered as a crew member rushed by. I noticed that crew were finally going around and knocking on cabins to let us know we had to evacuate to the lifeboats - when we first got on, they had demonstrated for us the evacuation policy, which at the time we had thought had been a waste of time.

Needless to say, an hour later, my friends and I found ourselves crammed in a lifeboat with other equally disgruntled passengers in the middle of warm, possibly shark infested waters. Due to the choppy water, all of the lifeboats wound up drifting away from each other, and we're not sure if the other boats are also stranded on this island somewhere, drifting through the water, or possibly saved already (lucky jerks...).

At first when we arrived we thought this island was deserted. We broke into three groups - one to explore the island and collect food and firewood, one to stay near shore in case they could hail for rescue, and one to look for or possibly build a shelter. I managed to be on the exploration group, and we soon found that the island wasn't as deserted as we originally thought. While we didn't run into anyone, we did see evidence people appeared to have been to the island at one point - there was a sun bleached lifeboat washed on shore that still had some provisions left from the inhabitants. Everything looked a bit old, however, and we didn't see any signs that anyone had been there in awhile. One of the items in the lifeboat happened to be this journal and a pen which I swiped as soon as I noticed it; the pages are obviously weather worn and whatever had been written in it before was faded and unintelligible, but I figure having something to write in will help me keep calm and keep my thoughts together. And, hopefully, if we ever get off this island, it will give me something to look back on.

8/16/2013 - Day 2

Well, we finally got together a shelter. Group 2 found a cave that also looked like it had been inhabited, yet abandoned. Maybe that means the people who were here before us were saved and taken off the island? One can hope, right? I just don't want to think about what some of the other implications may be.

We again find ourselves broken up into groups. Although the lifeboat came supplied with provisions to keep us going for a little while, the crew who came with us want us to be prepared since we don't know how long we'll be here. Some groups are with a crew member trying to gather food for us to eat from the woods, while others are combing the beach trying to come up with ways to signal for help. My friends and I found ourselves scavenging around the island to see if we could find anything else leftover by whoever was here before us or to possibly see if anyone was still here.

theaghurl07 seemed far too bright and chipper for our predicament, and it seemed her goal was to "make the most" of our situation. Her positive outlook was starting to wear down on our nerves, and borealwolf finally snapped. "Look, this may seem like a fun adventure to you, but the rest of us really aren't having fun," she quipped.

"Well, since we're stuck in this situation anyway, shouldn't we enjoy ourselves?" theaghurl07 replied. "I mean, this is our vacation, and we are on an island. Besides, how many people get to have this kind of experience?"

It didn't take long for everyone to begin to bicker, some taking borealwolf's side, others trying to say we should keep positive like theaghurl07. I didn't say much, since I know bringing up the fact I knew Carnival was a bad idea wouldn't do much beyond make everyone even more angry. We were so caught up in our argument, we almost missed what we had been searching for - a sign of the previous castaways.

"What is that?" cyberslowpoke interrupted our conversation. We all looked over, and silence immediately followed. There was a small clearing in the trees, and we found what appeared to be several graves piled with stones and makeshift crosses formed from two sticks tied together with vines. The graves looked like they had to have been placed there awhile ago, since the dirt didn't appear to be recently touched. Even theagurl07's optimism seemed muted as we quietly made our way around the grave site, trying to locate anything that would suggest people had visited recently. We didn't find anything.

"Well, someone had to have dug the graves," DBZgirl reasoned. "And since we haven't come across any bodies, that means they're either still here or managed to leave."

"Still...this isn't very assuring," I replied. "I mean, what happened? Did they eat the wrong food? Disease?"

The others all shrugged, and we hurriedly made our way from that place. When we told the others what we had found, the crew told us we'd have to bring them back there tomorrow to see - we had been marking our trail with a pocketknife to make sure we'd be able to get back, so we knew we'd be able to find it again. None of us are really looking forward to it.

8/17/2013 - Day 3

Well, it looks like the weather was on our side. It decided to rain today, so for the most part we've all stuck to the cave. The crew have set up makeshift systems to capture the rainwater to make sure we replenish our fresh water we've already consumed - so far, we haven't found any fresh water on the island. People are passing the time chatting or playing cards - by now most people's phones or other electronic devices have run out of battery. None of them could get a signal anyway so they weren't really much use. Not much to really write about today since we didn't get a chance to explore - I spent the most of the day talking with my friends about how worried our families probably are, and what they must be thinking right about now. Work's also in the back of my mind - it took me long enough to find my current job, so I hope we don't get stuck out here too long, and I'm forced to look for another one in this awful job market. It may be too early to worry about such things, but you never know.

8/19/2013 - Day 5

So, we think we've figured out why there were graves in that clearing. Yesterday, a few people including myself wound up getting sick when we tried eating some of the berries we picked. It's why I didn't wind up writing anything - I felt awful and was feverish all day. Luckily, I emptied my stomach which seems to have helped. One person's still pretty ill, but the rest of us have luckily seemed to recover.

The only plus side was I didn't have to go back to that place. theaghurl07 and cyberslowpoke wound up leading a few of the crew and some curious passengers, while borealwolf and DBZgirl stayed to take care of me. Today, we were lucky enough to be on beach duty, and we helped look out for search planes or boats while building SOS signals on the sand. We took a break to relax when it got to hot to really work - I stayed in the shade to watch with borealwolf who's also sun sensitive while the others played in the water for a bit. We want to ration our sunscreen since we don't know how long we'll be out here, and sullenly watched as our friends had fun. If we get another overcast day, I'm definitely building a sandcastle (even if I know overcast does not mean I can't get a sunburn...).

8/20/2013 - Day 6

The good thing about this journal is it helps me keep track of the days. Already my friends are forgetting what the date is or what day of the week it is. I hope this pen lasts awhile - it's a bit rusty, so I was surprised it was even able to write. I don't know how I'll keep track of the days then.

I think several of the passengers seem surprised we haven't been rescued yet. Most people seemed to think that surely we'd only be stuck here a few days and that someone would have found us by now. The cruise was only supposed to be a week - ironically tomorrow we would have been returning home. The person who was still ill finally recovered to everyone's relief - it would have been awful if we would have had to utilize that grave site.

We asked around to see if anyone knew of any wrecks in the area so we could figure out who the people who were here before were (and if they had been rescued). No one seemed to know, although the crew all agreed the lifeboat was pretty old and definitely not designed like they are now. All the passengers seem to be coming up with pretty wild theories as to why the previous castaways were here and what happened to them. My favorites are the ones that involve aliens. Because, you know, aliens.

We're also beginning to wonder where the other lifeboats wound up, and if anyone else had been rescued yet. No other lifeboats have shown up on our island, so we pondered over whether they wound up on some other deserted island or if they were drifting out at sea. We all agreed we would much rather be on an island than to have to deal with the latter. I couldn't even imagine how awful that would have been - maybe there's a silver lining to this island after all.

8/21/2013 - Day 7

Well, I finally got to build my sandcastle. And of course was burnt in the process. So, I've spent all afternoon hanging out in the cave and slathering myself with aloe vera. Luckily I remembered to bring a bottle with me just in case. The cooling relief is only temporary, but it is much needed.

My friends decided to hang out with me and escape the heat, so we've spent all afternoon playing cards. Luckily borealwolf usually carries some with her so we could keep ourselves preoccupied. We discussed how we thought our vacation would have gone if we hadn't wound up shipwrecked, and imagined what the ports we should have stopped at would have been like. I daydreamed about the awesome food we could have eaten while trying not to think about my recent experience with food. I think out of everything, that will be the thing that most disappoints me about this trip.

8/23/2013 - Day 9

Yesterday was a very eventful day. Early in the morning, someone from the beach group rushed in with some welcome news. "There's a boat out there, and they spotted us! They're sending some lifeboats to pick us up!"

Everyone cheered, and the crew jumped into action to make sure they gathered everyone, that everyone was accounted for, and that we all had our stuff. None of us really planned on returning. As we were leaving, we noticed one of the passengers etch their name on the wall with a sharp rock. We thought it was a good idea, so each of us decided to take turns etching our name as well before we left. Since I had brought my camera with me and still had battery left, I had another passenger take a picture of us next to our names - I also snapped a few pictures of the cave and the island as we left so I could share it with my friend's back home.

In the end, it wasn't such a bad trip, although none of us will ever admit it to theaghurl07. I think our real cruise would have been more relaxing (and, honestly, more fun and less worrisome), but I have to say this was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget, especially since I have this journal to refer back to. In the next few days, I plan on writing more in depth about my journey, now that I'll have more time to collect my thoughts and reflect on the experience. We were so busy before that I only had time to write as it was turning to dusk, so I couldn't write in detail about all of my experiences. I wonder who had this journal before me and how their story turned out, but I am glad that I was able to use it to write my own. Until next time,

Treya_Barton

1kaz
To who ever find this?
Entry 1:
Dear: To who ever finds this?

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon island that looks like it has been through a battle as the island has many used canon balls. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost and isolated on this island for 4 days now; all I have are scraps of tissue paper, which I am writing on. And I have a limited food and drink supplies from an ice box that I had hold to with my dear life whilst swimming to this island, there’s bottles of rum and some dry raisins and some odd dented cans of soup that looks unloved. I am glad I like soup, even if they are slightly out of date just by a few centuries, this company must use some strong preservatives. Hum, seems I got off target here, despite the odd resource I seemingly have enough to last another week, if I am correct. I think I am in the direction of north when the boat I was on got damaged by a strange storm that came over us suddenly without warning signs at all. I am just simply stuck on this island that is nearly picture perfect, it has one palm tree without coco nut and sure it does curve in an angel it offers no shade as it is so damn skinny. This is one pathetic island that I choose it is so small I can take three steps forward, backwards, to the left and to the right. I think I can perfect my Scottish dance on this island. I swear on this pathetic island that I will get off it the first chance I have, with the ice box of course. Whist waiting for SOS I have hanged a cloth on the side of the only tree with the letters SOS, in hope any passing boats or planes will see it. I shall end this entry with my fingerprint in blood so you can hand this piece of clue to the police, so they can open a missing person file on me.

Entry 2:

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon island that looks like it has been through battle… evidence? As there are many canon balls and other humanly used objects. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 5 days now. I am really starting to miss home; being alone in the wildness is no fun. I have always thought fun is the most important factor in life. But it seems I have put my own life at risk for fun, this isn’t the ending I want for myself. I left home for a road trip without telling my parents and left my phone at home so they cannot contact me. But right now, I am the one who wants to contact them. I am so stupid; even I cannot fail to miss that point. Today at dawn at 4 am, I saw a flock of birds diving in turns into the water, I claimed on to a none-coco nut tree and saw from that perspective that they were hunting for fish, it seemed so simple to dive in and fly out with food. I use to feel like those birds, in control of my every movement to achieve my own goal. Right now I have no control over where I am heading, or when I die. That feeling of hopelessness is overwhelming it prevents me from filling my lungs, or sleeping in case I see a boat. It seems like when I am dreaming I am living, and when I am awake I am dying. What a twisted way of living. I am in dear need of an out stretched hand. My final words in this entry are: take this fingerprint of mine done in blood and show it to the police, they would know what to do. I am heading south on this ship with a SOS banner. It is a ship that had come close to shore and I took my chance and board the wrecked ship solely to get off that forsaken island that has no food or animal.

Entry 3:

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon ship that looks like it has been through a battle as the upper deck has many canon holes. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 6 days now. Water, what a beautiful taste it would be, no alcohol or juice can taste better then water that is pure and fresh. I use to spend most of my part time job wage on beer and expensive wines; just because I am old enough to drink I drank till I was full. Now I cannot understand why I choose those bottled things instead of water that can purity my body and soul. I guess putting a restriction on something really does make you want it more, and those things that you had before become non-valuable.
I have seen no sign of help and I am starting to loss hope that there will be any, what if no one read there entries in rum bottles, what if someone really thought it was a prank despite me saying it isn’t? Just what am I going to do, is this ship really my coffin.
Well whether this entry would be seen, here is my fingerprint done in blood, I am currently heading south I have seen small islands mostly on my left hand side, but they were all too far out to swim to, plus I must consider my position that if I leave this ship, I won’t be able to get back on to it.

Entry 4:

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon ship that looks like it has been through a battle as the upper deck has many canon holes. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 7 days now. There is a storm outside, rain has just been continuously been pouring down, as a result I have taken shelter in the bottom deck, the ship is moving quite a lot and I feel seasick more then any other days. Let just say if you were here you would be nowhere near me, I practically stink of sourness. The bottom deck has many barrows, and ever time the ship makes a dramatic sway to the left, they all come rolling to the left side of the ship, this evening has been a play of dodge barrows. I had been hit a few times it hurts like hell. Although some of them were empty luckily, but right now my luck seems to be rotten. This really reminds me of P.E. lessons from a few years ago, ironically I was always on the winning team. Ha times really change dependent on the situations. I am definitely heading south as I found a crisp packet in a different language but it unmistakably says southern chicken flavored crisps plus it smells like it too.
Here is my fingerprint printed in blood please hand it over to the police.

Entry 5:
If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon ship that looks like it has been through a battle as the upper deck has many canon holes. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 8 days now. Ah I really seriously hope someone finds me soon, the finger I prinked to do the fingerprints from seems to have an infection, the finger has gone purplish and a bit of black, it hurts to even bend my finger. Well it seems my finger may die before me; it is not a pleasant thought. I shall look for first aid and see if I could find anything. I will give a drop of my blood that is dripping from the finger instead of a finger print please hand it to the police they should be able to narrow it down by blood type, my name is Filo McCain I hope this helps.
Currently heading south.

Entry 6:

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon ship that looks like it has been through a battle as the upper deck has many canon holes. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 9 days now. I couldn’t find any antibiotics but I have found some painkillers that are helping me put off the fever that had crept up on me in the middle of the night. Things really aren’t looking good for me; it seems like if help doesn’t come soon I would most likely be in a much-worsted condition. Writing with my left hand, so pardon the handwriting. Heading south, on a ship with a banner that says SOS. My name is Filo McCain aged 20.

Entry 7:

If you are reading this, then please send help, as I am lost in the wildness at sea on an abandon ship that looks like it has been through a battle as the upper deck has many canon holes. If you are wondering is this a prank it is not. I have been lost at sea for 11 days now (I think). I have passed out and the fever still hasn’t broke, my finger that has the inflection has gone complete black and it no longer hurts, it has become numb. I fear even if I have been saved my finger would be of no use to me, it may or most likely to be chopped off at the hospital so that the inflection could no longer spread any further up my hand. I just remembered later yesterday that alcohol could kill bacteria, but I also heard it hurts a lot when it touches the injured area.

They were right, it hurts like hell and over again, I have already used half the bottle of rum on my finger I was hoping this D.I.Y antibiotic would not be a significant damaged to my drinking supply.

Hum, I have an idea, it may not work but it’s a chance I would have to take. I been down to the bottom deck and opened one of those heavy barrows and found gun powder, and most of the wood on the upper deck has gone loose due to sea salt water. I am planning to break a piece of wood, rip some cloth around the ship and pour some gun powder onto it and let it on to the sea water, and when it is far enough. I will throw a lit match and set the alcohol drench cloth on fire. Hopefully the fire will cause some smoke and someone near would be able to see it and send out people to investigate it. I am already collecting pieces to make the operation work; if this doesn’t work I still hope someone would find this message.
I, Filo McCain aged 20 haven’t lived life to the fullest nor lived a good sincere life, I haven’t treated everyone, as they deserved to be treated, and I am sorry.
Heading south.

Violette Cielle
Yours Truly, Isabelle
Day 1
Dear Papa,
Today I stumbled across an old leather-bound journal half buried in the sand close to where I was hunting crabs. The pages are soft and brittle but they will suffice. Whatever was written here before has long been bleached out by the sea and sun. I have no pen, but I plucked a feather from an unsuspecting gull (who squawked angrily at me before flying away) and pricked my finger with a sharp sea shell and with my life’s blood, I can relate to you what has happened….
I cannot tell you the hour, the day or the month. The days and nights all melt together and the sun has risen and set so many times, I lost count. Right now, I suspect it may be high noon, for the sun is ablaze in glorious splendour and so bright I can hardly look up. The sea, so deep and blue glitters as though made of diamonds and it is hard to imagine that such a beautiful thing can turn into pure sinister fury. As I look on in fear and awe at the waves that swell and crash into delicate foam, my mind wanders back to where it all started.
We were at sea for two weeks, Uncle Redbeard was drunk, as is his way, and his crewmen were minutes away from a mutiny. I was hiding in the wine storage with Diarmuid of the Emerald Isle. “This isn’t good; they’ll take the helm and kill your uncle. I’ve never seen such a band of angry pirates before,” he whispered to me. “Ssh,” I whispered back. I was angry too, I was angry that I was on this voyage. I was angry at you Papa because you sent me, you sent me to get married to a man I’d never met before.
Suddenly, the ship rocked violently and I heard an uproar of men’s voices. “Fire!” screamed someone. The wine barrels began to slide and knock into each other. “Fire at the helm!” yelled another voice. Diarmuid and I scrambled out from our hiding places, just moments before two barrels tumbled down on the spot where we crouched. We climbed up the ladder and crawled on deck and what we saw was absolute chaos. The front of the ship was engulfed in flames, men were sword fighting and pummelling each other, the sails had caught fire and the ship was thrashing about as if trying to put out the flames itself. The waves rose up and crashed onto the deck, sweeping men off their feet. I saw Uncle Redbeard at the front, his backdrop the burning wheel and helm. Above the flames the night sky looked on and soon the sound of the thundering waves drowned out the angry cries of the men. The ship lurched forward and I heard a thundering crack and soon water was gushing over the rails. We had hit rock. The mast broke and the burning sails fell down upon the mutiny. I heard Uncle Redbeard emit a powerful battle cry as Diarmuid grabbed my hand and pulled me to the rail. “Jump!” he yelled. And so we did.
I remember for a moment there was no sky, only sea above and sea below. I felt myself sinking deeper and deeper, and the salt water stung my eyes and throat. It was Davey Jones’ locker for me, I thought as I closed my eyes. I don’t know what happened after, neither did Diarmuid but when I opened my eyes I was lying on my stomach on the shore of this island and it was morning. Diarmuid thinks that the sea god spared us and sent his daughters of the foam to push us to safety. I laughed at him, but secretly I agreed.
Papa, it is time for us to go fishing, Diarmuid is teaching me how to catch fish with my bare hands.
Yours Truly,
Isabelle

Day 2
Dear Papa,
Today it is cloudy. We suspect a storm is upon us. The clouds are dark grey and the wind is cold and stinging. This morning I helped Diarmuid gather driftwood and some leftover debris from the once mighty ship Eleanor that had washed up on shore soon after we did. “Who is Eleanor?” Diarmuid once asked me. “She’s a tavern wench that Redbeard wooed when he was young, but she married a merchant and broke his heart,” I replied. We built a shelter a midst a thicket of trees and then hunted crabs. We ate them raw ,then stood on the shore and watched the waves for a while before retreating to our shelter. Diarmuid tried to hold my hand but I pulled away. I saw a flash of hurt in his emerald eyes and instantly felt bad. I can hear the rain whizzing down through the trees now, I must secure the journal. I made a makeshift sack out of a piece of slightly charred sail that I found on shore. I hope it is waterproof.
There will be no fire tonight, no moon, no stars, no light. And I feel uneasy in the dark. I hope the storm is mild.
Papa, I miss you.

Yours Truly,
Isabelle.

Day Three
Dear Papa,
Today I feel sick. I think I have a fever. Before sunrise, Diarmuid woke me up with a sullen look about him. He asked me to come with him down to the shore. The rain had stopped, the storm was indeed a mild one and the shore was littered with more driftwood and overrun with crabs. I thought that was what he wanted to show me, all the crabs scuttling about. But as my gaze rose up from the tiny creatures I saw a crumpled lump of dark coloured cloth on the shore, half in the water, half on the land. I did not need to go any closer. I felt the urge to vomit as I looked away from what remained of Redbeard lay in a pitiful heap on the sand. The gulls and the sharks had gotten him good. The least we could do was set him to rest in the sand. Diarmuid did all the work, he dug a grave close to a giant rock and I placed a mound of bleached white rocks atop it. We said a prayer and I sang a song. Diarmuid roasted a fish for me but I barely ate any of it. He said he would look for some herbs deep in the forest and advised me to get some rest. I am going to take a nap now, the fever is making my head hurt.
Papa, I hope you are out there looking for me….

Yours Truly,
Isabelle.

Day Four
My dearest Father,
My fever has gone down, but I still feel weak. Diarmuid found some herbs and made me some tea that I have been drinking all day. It is bitter yet sweet, I don’t know if I enjoy the taste but it has helped me feel a lot better. “How do you know about herbs?” I asked him. He said his grandmother was a white witch and she taught him about all the herbs in her garden and what they were used for and how to find them in the wild. He also said I should go bathe in the spring we found when we first came to the island. The spring is so beautiful, the water is clear and cool and clean. We were fortunate to have this on the island. I don’t know what we would have done without that clean water to drink.
After my bath I walked around the island listening to the birds. They were all so colourful and vibrant, we could not bring ourselves to catch them for food. The island seems to only be home to birds and crabs and now us two humans. Diarmuid has been rather doting on me since I have had the fever and I think he might be in love with me, I think he always has been. Sometimes he makes my heart beat fast for no reason. I think…I think I may be fond of him too.
The sun is setting now, the sky is a radiant vermillion. I watch the orange and pink hues entwine each other. The sun, so huge, so magnificent, sinks slowly beyond the horizon. It reminds me of when I was little and you and Mother would take me up to the helm of your ship and we would watch the sunset together. It also reminds me that I am a pirate’s daughter. And the sun, the stars, the moon, the sea and the wind belong to me.
Diarmuid has started a fire and is calling me to help him cook the crabs from our daily hunt. We have a small metal pot that we got foraging from the ship’s debris. I think he will make me some more tea.
I hope a ship will pass here soon, I am terribly homesick. I long for the comfort of my warm soft pillows and cosy sheets. Maybe tonight I will find comfort in Diarmuid’s arms.

Yours Truly,
Isabelle.

Day Five
Papa,
We’ve decided to take turns being look out. We think we might spy a ship and be able to flag it down. I don’t know why we didn’t think of this before. Diarmuid takes the night shift and I take the day. As I sat atop the giant rock close to where we buried Uncle Redbeard today, I spied a band of dolphins. They took my breath away. They are such graceful creatures, their skin iridescent as they jump and frolic under the sun. The cerulean sea spread out vastly around them, an endless playground. In some odd way I envied them. I envied their freedom, their joy, they were at home, they were with family and friends and at the same time they made me happy, they gave me hope. I stood up and looked around me. I looked at the ocean, the azure sky, the pearly clouds and the stark green of the trees. All the colours were so bright, so striking and I was just a pale, malnourished out of place being in the midst of all this grandeur. I felt so small and helpless, and as quickly as I felt joy from watching the dolphins, I felt a melancholy settle over me. Will I ever go home?

Yours Truly,
Isabelle

Day Six,
Pa,
My fingers hurt from drawing blood to write to you. I have good news, last night Diarmuid spotted a ship. It was a full moon and the sky was clear and bright. He spotted it immediately as it popped into range. He said the wind is slow and by this evening they should be close enough to see us. We’re going to make several bonfires along the shore. Diarmuid’s already collecting wood, he’s even broken low hanging branches and I’m to gather leaves and twigs, as much as I could find. When we’ve gathered enough we are going to set them ablaze.
I watch him work, his hair is long and keeps getting in his face, his skin is golden from the sun and his body is strong. I feel safe with him. He looks at me too, always with a smile. He tried to kiss me and I let him. Papa, if we can make it back home, I hope you won’t make me marry that Earl you were sending me to in the first place. I mean, look at what happened because of that….
I must go now.
Papa, I forgive you.
Yours Truly,
Isabelle.

Day Seven
Dear Papa,
Today we are jubilant. The ship’s first mate spotted our bonfires and they anchored . A small boat was sent out with a few men. Diarmuid met them at the shore. They say they are trading sailors, on a voyage doing some business for the King. They’ve offered us asylum. I dare not say who I am. We told them that we were captives on a pirate ship that was wrecked during a tempest. They inquired about the grave mound, and we told them it was the grave of another young man who had survived with us but died of pneumonia. They seem to believe us. Diarmuid, however, thinks they are suspicious of us.
I am writing to you in the cabin they provided us. As you can see, I am writing in ink! This is really too good to be true, I feel like I am in a dream. They’ve given us new clothes and fed us some broth and ale. I cannot express how glad I am. Being aboard a ship again has me a bit uneasy but they say we are only a week or so away from a harbour. They offered to drop us off there. Strangely enough, Diarmuid has not returned to the cabin. He only went out to get me some rum to use on my wounds from cutting myself to draw blood, several hours have passed…
There is a knock at my door now, that must be him.
Papa, I’m coming home!

Love,
Isabelle

Day 8,
Dear Papa,
It wasn’t Diarmuid at the door. They know who I am. They know I am a pirate’s daughter. They’ve killed him Pa, I saw him, they showed me his body. I cannot tell you how much I hurt. And they’re going to find you, that’s what they told me. I am indeed a captive now. They’ve locked me in a dank cell. They’ll take away this book and pen soon, I can hear the guard climbing down the ladder. Who is Charlotte?
Goodbye Father.
Love always,
Isabelle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm
X_wishing_well_X
Island Trooper
Entry: #1 (Day 1)

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day that I have been stuck on this deserted island. I don't know what day it is, but it was July the last time that I was aware of the time and date. Is it still July? I have no idea. I don't even know how long I was passed out. I was on a ship. Yes. A ship. I just woke up, groggy and light-headed, and hungry.
Let's start from where I am now to the beginning.
The island is not deserted in the way that there's no trees, or no rocks or whatever, but it's deserted in the sense that there are no people. And that's a scary thought to think, wouldn't you agree?
I mean, I'm the only person here, and I've hardly any idea what to do in a situation like this.
Sure, I've read books about people trapped on islands, but they've usually been with people, and with other people's help, they were able to get off the island. I guess a perk of being on this island by myself is that this isn't going to turn into some sort of "Lord of the Flies" kind-of thing. It's just me. And I don't think that I'll be eating myself. My eating habits will probably change, and I'll end up eating leaves, instead. Or coconuts! I need to find me some coconuts. Islands have coconuts, right? Or am I just being biased?
I'm currently writing on the sand, and it's warm and it's making me feel hot and sweaty so now I've moved to the shade underneath a palm tree. It'd be much more fun to say that I know exactly what to do right now, but I don't.
It's really scary. I have no idea if I'm going to survive or not, and I don't even know if I can get a fire started or something to try and get someone's attention. I mean, it's just me and the island. And then there's ocean. Massive amounts of it. Rushing, salty water that I've tried because I was so thirsty but I wish that I never did. There's gotta be some sort of water source here on the island, right? Where there's like fresh water, or something?
I've scoured the outside area and the island is actually really large. I wouldn't be surprised if animals lived here... hopefully there is nothing that likes to eat humans, right? That'd be good if there were only herbivorous animals here. They eat plants. It's a good thing that I know a thing or two from Science class.
I'm glad that I've got you, diary. I remember that I had just been on a ship with my folks, but then that horrible storm came and we all had to take to the lifeboats because what the ship was made out of wasn't as sturdy as we had thought. Pieces were beginning to crack. It was like watching a statue melt before our very eyes. We were on our way to the Bahamas! A once in a lifetime treat. What sucks is the fact that I had blacked out when trying to get on a lifeboat, and now I've found myself here. Alive, luckily. I have no idea how or where my family is- but I sure hope that they are okay.
I've just heard a noise, and the sky is getting dark. I'll have to write to you later and try to find a place to stay for the night. Maybe I'll just wrap myself in sand as a blanket because there is no way in heck that I'm sleeping in that forest. I'd rather just sleep here, under the palm tree.
But what was that noise?
Bye for now,
- Abbey.

Title: "What a Joy"
Entry: #2 (Day 2)

Dear Diary,

Boy, am I glad to be writing in you again! Do you remember that noise that I had told you about last day? Well, turns out, there are wild animals here. I mean, it's totally to be expected, but honestly! These are like man-eating creatures, I swear. I don't even know what kind of animal that they are- they're just large and have upturned pink noses. They kind-of reminded of human-sized bats... anyways, I should let you know how I encountered them.
After I had slept, I was really hungry. So, there's this jungle off to my left, and what was in it was beyond me. I didn't really think that nothing that serious would be in there, but I was starving. I really needed some food, and I was pretty sure that food existed in the jungle; whatever you call it.
When I entered the jungle, there were a lot of trees that covered up the sky, so all of a sudden it turned just a little cooler with all the shade and stuff. Some sunlight still poured in, but other than that, I felt like I was walking in some sort of confined garden. There were vines and fallen tree trunks, and tons of colourful flowers.
But I wasn't there to admire the scenery and pick flowers and prance around like some fairy. I had to be tough and grab some food then book it the heck out of there because the jungle gave me a really bad feeling.
So, I was just walking, and I was clutching myself as if I was my support. Weird, right? Whatever. Don't judge. I'm sure you would've acted like me if you entered some sort of unknown chasm where you could potentially die from crazy mon- I mean, animals. Of course.
And then came the really scary part. I stepped on this twig and it snapped underneath the weight of my shoe- and then all of a sudden, all of the weird chirping noises stopped and you could literally feel the air become ten times tenser. And that's when I began to breathe really fast, I was scared that I was going to hyperventilate!
Then, right in-front of me, that creature popped up, the one with the upturned nose and a white belly, and it made some sort of weird noise I was sure that I was goner.
So, I did what any normal seventeen year old girl would do.
I bolted. And what did I do the whole way? I screamed. I screamed like a banshee, because you know what? I think I had the right to. And while I ran, all that I could hear were those creatures, and I felt them closing in on me so then I ran faster and faster... and now, here I am.
When I turned around, they were gone, and I was back to the place where I had been sleeping. I think that I'm safe now, but what the heck? I felt like I was in some sort of horror movie and people were watching me from a video camera, laughing at my antics.
I'm just leaning against the tree right now, and the water is nearly touching my feet.
I think that I'll rest some more. I'm beat. I'll eat food later.

Oh, the joy. I forgot to get some food.
- Abbey.

Title: "Three Days"
Entry: #3 (Day 3 - Afternoon?)

Dear Diary,

I'm thirsty. It's day three. I think I'm going to pass out. Isn't it true that if you don't have food or water for three days, you'll die?
I do not want to die on some sort of island with crazy animals! I want to go home, and I wish that I were Dorothy right now and her red shoes. If I tapped them three times, I would be back home, safe and sound.
I miss it, and it didn't hit me until today. I'm light-headed and I feel like I'm going to pass out, as I said before, but writing in you is like my saving grace. You make me feel sane... like I'm not going to go psycho and eat everything on the island. I think that if I have a place to rant about things, I'll be more sane (instead of having it all cooped up inside my head).
I'm off to go back to the jungle. I don't care about those creatures anymore. I'll beat the pulp out of them and show 'em who is boss. I just need something to keep me alive.
- Abbey.

Title: Good Pick
Entry: #4 (Day 3 - Evening)

Dear Diary,

Oh, happy day! I feel refreshed and energized!
I went into the jungle and this time, I had a giant stick with me. And you wanna know what happened? No animals appeared. I think the stick was magic. It also had some sort of poo on it, which I think might've drove the animals away because boy oh boy, did it smell bad.
The stick also served as my "walking stick". Since I felt so dizzy, I was woozy, and I found it hard to walk without looking around to see doubles of everything. I kept on walking, despite my body's pleas to stop. If I could save myself, then that would be something that I would be very proud of for the rest of my life. That was what had kept me going, and so I kept on venturing on.
I found some sort of orange fruit hanging in the trees. Thankfully, I was able to reach the lowest branch and I picked one off. The skin was slightly fuzzy, and I didn’t know if it was poisonous or not. It didn’t look poisonous, and I knew that I was taking a great risk by eating it, but it looked so good. So I bit it.
And boy oh boy! It was like a minty peach with a dash of apple-flavour to boot. I waited for the food to settle in, and when I didn’t feel more sick or anything, just refreshed and energetic, I knew that this was going to be a fruit worthwhile to have. So I picked like ten and held them all in my shirt. My shirt almost ripped from the heavy fruits, but whatever. I have FOOD! I’m so happy about it. I felt like a kid on Christmas Day when I realized that I wouldn’t die from the food and that there is a large amount in store if I ever need to go back. But I had brought ten back because I didn’t really want to go back into the forest, at-least not for like two or three days.
And hey, maybe I should keep the smelly old stick. I still have it with me, and even though I kinda almost throw-up whenever I’m near it, it seems to keep the animals away. I think that I’d rather stand smelly poo than a potentially-carnivorous creature. Yeah?
I think that it’s a good decision. Probably the smart and right one, too.
SO, I’ve got the stick and I’m back to the place where I’ve been sleeping. The food is really good, but it kind-of makes me feel sleepy, after having a couple of bites. Maybe this is a side-effect, or maybe I’m just really tired. It’s been one heck of few days, either way. Or maybe it’s because I had two today and they make me slightly full. Which is a really good thing! That way, hey, maybe I can survive on the fruits I have for a week or two, depending on how many that I eat in a day, yeah?
The fruits are actually a little smaller than large grapefruits, but the weight of one isn’t THAT heavy (but having ten piled up in my shirt did almost cause it to rip, which is why I wrote that earlier).
Anyways, I think that I’m going to go sleep. I’m so sleepy. I’ll keep the stick on my lap, with the stinky portion facing the jungle. That should keep the animals at bay, yeah?
I’ll write later! Or tomorrow. Something! Bye!
- Abbey.

Title: Heat Wave
Entry: #5 (Day 4, afternoon)

Dear Diary,

I feel so HOT.
The sun is practically burning holes into my head. And, you know, I didn’t mind it before because it wasn’t as hot, but now? It’s like a heat-wave has landed itself on my body, and I feel dead. I want to go into the jungle, because there’s a lot more shade in there (understatement of the year), but I don’t really want to be in there with the smelly stick for hours. Should I just lay underneath this tree, and try to ignore it?
It’s impossible to ignore, though. Urgh.
The fruits have helped, for sure, with providing me juice, but even the fruits have gotten super warm! What to do…
… alright, I’ve decided to venture into the jungle. I’ll keep the fruits in my shirt, and I’ll bring the stick along. I don’t want the fruits to get eaten when I’m gone, and I’m definitely not leaving the stick behind. But this should work! The trees should make the area at-least a little cooler, even though I know that jungles can get pretty humid.
I’ll write back after I’m in a secure place in the jungle. Bye for right now!
- Abbey.

Title: Doing Alright
Entry: #5 (Day 4, later in the afternoon)

Dear Diary,

So, I think that I am doing alright, now! The stick is off to the right side of me and I feel pretty much cooler in this spot. It was so hot and sticky before, but now I feel a little bit more… less sweaty. You know?
There has been the occasional rustling, but other than that, all that I hear are birds chirping. It seems like today will be okay. At-least, I hope so!
Now, I’m gonna eat a fruit- so, I’ll write back in here later, when I return back!
- Abbey.

Title: Happy
Entry: #6 (Day 5, nighttime)

Dear Diary,

I’m sorry that I didn’t write later when I said that I would! I was taking a venture through the jungle again, and this time, I have come out unscathed! Yay! The stick is a powerful object. I had it with me the whole entire time.
I basically found some fresh water. Yes! It’s true! It’s like a mini waterfall; I’m surprised that I didn’t hear it before. It was a little deeper into the jungle, and after drinking some of the fresh water, I took a BATH. And it was so NICE. Even though the water was quite cold, I felt refreshed and CLEAN! Do you know how that feels, to not take a bath in like a million days? Exactly. I felt that kind of happiness. It was really nice.
Of course, changing back into my dirty clothes wasn’t very fun, but it’s not like I’m going to just strip naked for like four hours for my clothes to air out and dry in the sun after washing them. Who know what kinds of animals could attack me while I’m exposed and helpless? So, it was a smart idea. But I do want to clean my clothes, since they’re quite dirty.
Oh, man. The sky is getting a little dark, but I still have a little bit of light left to write. Might as well take up that time to write some more!
After I had taken the bath, and quickly put on my clothes, I decided to walk along a little more. I have a couple of more fruits with me, and the stick, so I felt pretty safe. And I was. It actually felt like I was on an adventure, in a way, because I was in an unknown area, and I was young girl who wanted a taste of the fresh outdoors.
That sounds so cheesy. Wow.
Anyways, I found a couple of more fruits, like this one purple one. It’s really small, and I only gathered a few of ‘em, but they’re really sweet, but they stain my fingers and I’m pretty sure my tongue. My fingers are STILL purple, after having washed them in the water, still! I guess it’ll just come off on its own.
I feel lucky because none of the fruits have come off as poisonous, yet. I’m grateful for that.
I also found a green one, and it’s REALLY tough. I only tried the one because I felt like it was going to break my teeth, I was sure! It’s a skinny fruit, kind-of shaped like half of a banana and half of a pear- but the flavour was really overwhelming. Like, just one bite and I’d be blinking my eyes quick because of the taste. It doesn’t taste bad, it just tastes like a really, really ripe melon. Or something.
Anyways, I’m gonna head to bed. I’m so tired these days.
G’night!
- Abbey.

Title: Fire Day.
Entry: #7 (Day 6)

Dear Diary,

I’m planning to make a fire today. Even though this island has good food, and nice water, I can’t live here by myself. I’m going to go crazy.
So, I’ve decided to try my hands at firemaking. That way, I can attract any rescue helicopters, if there are any out there right now.
I hope that I don’t burn myself.
Because I want to make a fire, do I need paper to keep it going? I’ve seen it in movies and I’ve read it in books.
So, I have to rip out some of the pages.
Hopefully, these pages will bring me luck!
I HOPE!
- Abbey.

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash