Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 pm
RP Giveaway - March
Colorful Character Edition
Starts - Now , Ends - March 31st 11:59 PM EST
User Image
Flutter Mare
Flutter Stallion

These two colorful flutters are here to help us celebrate March, however pelt color isn't exactly the same type of colorful that we are talking about this month, rather, its that quirky strange type of colorful that we're focusing on. We all have them..those OC that are little bit...off... on the normal scale of things.

Maybe they hate a specific color, love a specific object...have a weird belief or obsession. Either way these characters are different and that makes them quite fun to play and plot with, I have a character who thinks he talks to dead things, another who is obsessed with her pet spiders and one of my most beloved OC;s of all time ..despised the color yellow to a completely irrational degree. All of these characters are some of my favorites to play and it's because they have that oddity there to make things interesting.

If you find yourself stuck on a blank slate character or bored with a plain Jane type character..consider having them develop an oddity to makes things more interesting, it might just inspire your muse!

To earn your ticket this month, tell me the weirdest quirk you can think of for a pet and how it might inspire some plots.

Also!
Holy crap the end of this month will mark 1/4 of the year already done, how did that happen so fast? Have you RPed in the last three months? If you have made a post so far in 2015 then congrats, post a link and you will earn a second ticket! Newbies, without a pony to RP can earn their second ticket by writing a little post revolving around whatever quirk they picked for their first ticket.

Rules

1: This is a free giveaway (Raffle) and counts towards your monthly freebie. If you've already won a freebie this month you can't enter and if you happen to win a freebie before this closes then please post here so I can remove you from the list.
2: In order to 'earn' your ticket you must post the form below.
4: You have until the end of the month to post your entry.
5: Please PM JetAlmeara with any questions.

Entry Form

[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Pref List :[/b]
[b]Crazy Quirk :[/b]
[b]Plot Inspiration :[/b]
[b]Optional[/b]
[b]RP Link or RP Reply :[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 pm
Player Name:
Pref List : Mare, Stallion
Crazy Quirk : They always speak in a narrative or third person type of manner. Say, for example, they are speaking about what he/she did earlier with the person they are speaking to:

"Rome went hunting for food earlier today with Sunny. Rome thinks that it was nice to spend time with Sunny."

Plot Inspiration :

1. What's wrong with you?: Another soquili attempts to teach them how to speak correctly. However, the situation was never going to end well. It ends with the soquili continuing to speak as if they're narrating a book.

2. Riddle Speakers: Someone else has a wild way of speaking and the two hit it off. An eavesdropper would be wildly confused trying to understand the pair, but the two are as thick as thieves.

Optional
RP Link or RP Reply :  

ShadowsCursed

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:23 pm
Player Name: spelldancer
Pref List : stallion, mare
Crazy Quirk : Believing incorrect stories about what causes the world to be the way that it is, wholeheartedly.
Plot Inspiration : Challenging the beliefs by loved ones and others, not being able to do things because it might interfere with the stories, teaching young ones the stories as if they were facts.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : Link  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 pm
Player Name: Thalea
Crazy Quirk : Never asks a direct question.
Plot Inspiration : Can cause problems down the road when needing to get information quickly and when encountering others who are abrupt and lack the patience to wait for the soquili to get to the point.

Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : Defining Art – and it goes with the Crazy Quirk, Nereus has a fascination with blood and believes blood splatter to be art.  

Thalea

Devoted Mage

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:10 pm
Player Name: Angelique DelaMort
Pref List : Stallion, Mare
Crazy Quirk : I have always longed for a pet that thought they were in a musical and randomly broke out into song (and got lots of strange looks from all the soq around it)
Plot Inspiration : Aside from all the strange looks that soq would get from passersby? Someday someone might actually sing back!
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : I RP  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 pm
Player Name: Master Wild Mage
Pref List : mare, stallion
Crazy Quirk : Thinks they're another species
Plot Inspiration : Different situations where he/she has to convince someone of their racial situation. It'd kinda be like a transgender trying to convince someone that on the inside they aren't the same as whats on the outside.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : With my Kenrick who is kinda obsessed with the way things smell. So I thought it fitting.  

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 pm
Player Name:  dawns_aura
Pref List :  stallion, mare
Crazy Quirk :  Umm... I have a mare with ear winglets that flap when she gets excited and often speaks in poetry and rhyme... That's about the craziest quirk I would want to deal with
Plot Inspiration :  Someone who actually riddles back or challenges her to a sphinx type competition... Honestly, I don't really know

Optional 
RP Link or RP Reply : x, x  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Player Name: Mahogany Sunset
Crazy Quirk : Speaks to and interacts with their shadow as if it can talk back.
Plot Inspiration : It would be interesting if the character also spoke to others' shadows and seemed to expect an answer. People challenging the character's quirk would also be common, but people who entertained the idea would be fun to interact with.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : Winter Sunlight (and this is quirky because Kara's personality depends on the phase of the moon. XD; )  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:36 am
Player Name: Anabis
Crazy Quirk : Multiple Personalities Depending on the Weather (When it's sunny out, you get the 'normal' personality, if it's cloudy, you get the grumpy personality, if it's foggy you get the secretive personality, ect ect)
Plot Inspiration : None of the other personalities know the others exist, total 'black out' for that personality (If the day starts out foggy and the secretive personality is out, but then the sun comes out and clears the fog, the 'secretive' personality will sort of go to sleep and the Normal personality will wake up, and if they were talking to someone else at the time, will not remember how they started talking, what the topic was, or if just meeting the person, how they met or why.)

Different Sets of Friends - No personality has the same set of friends, they're all different! This could make things confusing for the friends if the different sets meet up.

Seasonal Switch-Up - Since each season has it's own unique Weather, Each Season would have a dominant set of personalities. Winter is usually clouded over, maybe enough for the 'Secretive' personality to be most dominant, while Summer is mostly sunny so the 'normal' personality would be the one most seen for that season.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : RP is Go!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:04 pm
Player Name: Mind
Pref List : Mare, stallion
Crazy Quirk :

If you mean the flutters
Irregardless of which one I get, neither would spend time fullsized unless required to (such as acting as a guard as the stallion or if pregnant with a mixed breed flutter's offspring if the mare) but thats less a quirk and more a cultural thing.

Meanwhile the mare lacks any sort of understanding of personal space, having a habit of cheerfully invading other people's space, trying to have at least light physical contact with them at all times: One hoof always touching their hoof, one antenna twitched to be touching their face, wings spread to be touching -- little things that can still be awkward. Has a habit of sitting on the tip of the nose of Non-shrunken ponies when talking to them.

The stallion meanwhile has tritanopia (blue-yellow color blindness) and thus sees himself as a pastel colored stallion, and will often describe things by how dark or pale something is.. Since more things are pastelly to him than other people is it makes it hard for him to explain what he's trying to point out to them.

If you mean existing ponies I already own with oddities

Singeri: Doesn't like talking unless necessary and will often let others talk for him. He's yet to say a single word while still gaining stats
Cuauhcoatl: Massive Clydesdale Domained Angeni of Learning. Speaks with a Stutter
Cephy O'Pod: Is an Usdia, but see's herself as a Mer Trapped in an Usdia's body, feeling Transbreed (opposite of breed) rather than Cisbreed (Same as Breed).
The Name Thief: Purewalker who's never really happy with any of the names he picks so steals them from his victims and then commits acts in their names before setting them aside to a new name.
Eirin Blair: speaks in the Royal We
Liv: due to an accident with her birth, finished developing without eyes. Instead light flickers inside her empty sockets occasionally, and she navigates by clicking her tongue and listening to how the sound moves.
Tulgey: Speaks with an accent due to an accident when he was little (having originally not had one due to his mom not having one. After the accident he picked his dads up depsite not being around him) and had been convinced by a skinwalker that he was a Cat.
Itzpillicoatl: Mentally blocks out ANYONE who isn't a Domained Angeni, so see's the world as being rather 'empty' and that most of his family who had chosen to become mortal and stay in the land (rather than return to the spirit realm and leave the cycle by choosing to stay there) as having imaginary friends and in need of returning home for their own good. Eventually this will change
Tequili 'n Lime Splash: (Inherited character and trait) - Has a fondness for Fermented fruit and hippogryph/familiar/human made alcoholic beverages.
Copena Jolon: Split personalities
Neomonni: severe bipolar issues: Manics highs can include hallucinations, and depressive lows can make her dangerous to herself.
Ahriman: (inherited Character and Trait) Split personalities
Eremiel: Extremely Nearsighted and sees things as glow-y shapes
Zephaniah:Extremely Farsighted and sees things as glow-y shapes
Dylana: A full blooded, domained angeni that spends almost 12 hours a day underwater due to her domain: Doesn't realize most ponies need air since all she knows are mers, kelpies, Nixies and seathis.

Also a collection of Quirky Familiars such as Gl!tch who has vocal glitches and will sometimes shake his head going "Zzzzzt" or speak unusual phrases, or his sister Lag, who will sometimes just freeze, walk in place, lock up and then bolt suddenly to catch up where she should be, or just move unusually and forcefully slow just to name a couple.

"Quirks" tend to outnumber the quirkless. There are more with quirks that I didnt include but you sort of get the point with what I have...

Plot Inspiration :
Female: Mainly it'd be fun to have someone with a ticklish snout or a cold end up having her on their nose and causing them to sneeze with her sitting on their nose. But hell, just everyone being cross eyed trying to look at her while talking is dorky enough to make me enjoy it.

Male: He tries to help someone pick out accessories and has some absolutely Horrid color combination choices cause to him everything is pretty colors and look disgusting together to people who aren't color blind.

Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : A link to an RP I posted with a Character who doesn't really speak -- not cause he's mute, but just because he doesn't want to most of the time  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 pm
Player Name: one over three
Pref List : mare, stallion
Crazy Quirk :
Has a spider farm. Breeds spiders to emphasize traits like pretty colours or extra fluffy bodies. Holds spider shows where folks can bring and show off their spider friends.
Plot Inspiration : Teaching an arachnophobic pony about spiders and helping them overcome their fear.
Helping it's spider buddies hunt for bugs while shrunken down like a crazy wildman.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply :
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24632745  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:20 pm
Player Name: Kara Asumie
Crazy Quirk : I want a Flutter that thinks it is a butterfly and not a Soquili at all. I think that would be funny.
Plot Inspiration :
~ No I am a butterfly what are you?
---- Where another tells the flutter that they are a flutter. But the flutter says no that they are a butterfly and not a flutter.

Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : Kiyo's Crazy Quirk is eating her meals while they are still alive and kicking.  

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 pm
Player Name: Uta
Crazy Quirk : A soquili who doesn't know it's a soquili, and believe they're just a horse.
Plot Inspiration : I have a character similar to this. They never understood the difference and lived among horses all their life. Then, all of a sudden, they find horses with horns, wings, horses that fly -- their mind was blown. If they don't speak Kawani they're even in worse shape -- these horses are monsters, are fantastical creatures. Surely they must be in some dream realm.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : xXx  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:19 pm
Player Name: mewmew kittykat94
Crazy Quirk : Intentionally speaks in Spoonerisms to annoy others.
Plot Inspiration : Enjoying the general confusion they inflict normally, they get themselves in a pickle as they find themselves stuck speaking as such.
Optional n/a
RP Link or RP Reply : n/a  

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 am
Player Name: Belloblossom
Crazy Quirk : Having an obsession with seaweed and its different uses. Sure, you can eat it, but you can also wear it, play in it (as though you may with fallen leaves) create art from it and repel other Soquili with it! Well... the land-bound ones anyway.
Plot Inspiration : -This seaweed-obsessed Soquili finds an aquatic friend that loves the stuff just as much as they do and is able to teach them even more ways to have fun with it.
-On the contrary, there is an aquatic that thinks this Soquili is simply ridiculous for loving such a common and ugly looking plant. An argument of opinions break out, which are susceptible to change from either party.
-This Soquili finds out the wonderfulness of a seaweed wrap and puts it in their mind to go show off how lovely it is to other Soquili. It is mistaken for a seaweed monster and chaos ensues.
Optional
RP Link or RP Reply : Whoo, RP!  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas