Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Ironically, one of the reasons why I came to GAIA was to get some experience using zOMG -- I heard that it was a good introductory MMO experience. And, this for me was proven. And, kudos to the staff for experimenting with the novel approach taken with the game. It's light-hearted nature made it very easy to get into -- and I loved how it fit into the Gaia economy. Now, that being said, I am uneasy with the new 'direction' being taken -- though I want to support the Gaia exec. and its choices.

You see, I rarely use Facebook - I personally don't like it or its policies, and try to avoid using it whenever I can. And, frankly, the idea of creating yet more Facebook apps is something I find discouraging. In short, FB only means that I won't use it.

Plus, I have another concern -- not personally but for GAIA generally. The fact that the game will not be Gaia canon -- and therefore probably not part of the Gaian economy -- seems to be a bit risky for the site, period. Lots of avi purchases (Gold and Gaia Cash) have been connected to zOMG -- usually players showing off gear to other players. I really hope they know what they are doing...

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
emotion_donotwant ..well isn't that just unkewl.. Well it had to happen sometime I guess.
Perhaps things will look up in the later future than the near.. ? emotion_eyebrow

I think I'll cheer myself up by going into ZOMG and killing something.. emotion_c8
MANY somethings.. and some other things.. emotion_awesome

ahh.. all better.. emotion_yatta

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Kenocka
I'm finding this hard to believe. zOMG makes WAAAAY too much money for them to dump it with their pathetic double orb and double gold drop items that you can buy with GCash. Until Gaia itself says something about this then I'm crying bullshit.

Anyone else notice that JK means joking on the Internet usually? -___-

Sorry to be a bother, but you do know that [JK] is a staffer at Gaia and pretty much was the last remaining Developer on the project right?
While I'm with you in finding the whole thing hard to believe, zOMG! being shelved and put into "Maintenance Mode" is fact.
But to clarify, it's not being axed, and will quite possibly be around, as is, for quite some time, which means there still might be some re-thinking of policy at Gaia HQ somewhere down the road.

7,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
so there is really no point in getting attuned to defeate kamila

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
hntwilley1

I honestly wouldn't say that.
zOMG! isn't dead yet. It's merely being put back into "maintenance mode", which basically means no new content, no fixes for existing bugs, and no Events.
And even that might change.

zOMG! is still up and running as usual and I haven't heard anything that would imply it's going to actually be shut down at any point, so I'd say "go for it".

DMS and Kam are pretty Epic and a huge amount of fun, and who knows?
In the time it takes for us to finally get through DMS and craft our Recipes, things might actually change for zOMG!

I know I'm not quitting the game, and I'm not giving up on it either.

9,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
I'll enjoy it to the end.

Vicious Strategist

24,975 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Barleywine of Highwater

You see, I rarely use Facebook - I personally don't like it or its policies, and try to avoid using it whenever I can. And, frankly, the idea of creating yet more Facebook apps is something I find discouraging. In short, FB only means that I won't use it.

Plus, I have another concern -- not personally but for GAIA generally. The fact that the game will not be Gaia canon -- and therefore probably not part of the Gaian economy -- seems to be a bit risky for the site, period. Lots of avi purchases (Gold and Gaia Cash) have been connected to zOMG -- usually players showing off gear to other players. I really hope they know what they are doing...

^ This.

Zaruk's Partner

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
WideEyed
Kenocka
I'm finding this hard to believe. zOMG makes WAAAAY too much money for them to dump it with their pathetic double orb and double gold drop items that you can buy with GCash. Until Gaia itself says something about this then I'm crying bullshit.

Anyone else notice that JK means joking on the Internet usually? -___-

Sorry to be a bother, but you do know that [JK] is a staffer at Gaia and pretty much was the last remaining Developer on the project right?
While I'm with you in finding the whole thing hard to believe, zOMG! being shelved and put into "Maintenance Mode" is fact.
But to clarify, it's not being axed, and will quite possibly be around, as is, for quite some time, which means there still might be some re-thinking of policy at Gaia HQ somewhere down the road.

No I don't and I'm still going to have to see something official from Gaia before I believe that zOMG's being shelved. Otherwise it's all hearsay.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Kenocka
No I don't and I'm still going to have to see something official from Gaia before I believe that zOMG's being shelved. Otherwise it's all hearsay.

Read This, and notice [JK]'s title.
He is an Artist with Gaia and the fella who's been doing a large part of keeping it running for the last while.
It's not hearsay, as much as we wish it weren't.

Codebreaking Investigator

This is a sad day indeed...

I don't even know how to respond correctly, it just doesn't seem real. I mean, they just pushed out this new expansion, and now they're throwing us to the wayside like we're supposed to finally be "appeased?" That's not how an MMO works, Gaia. You're supposed to be constantly giving us the initiative and fuel to play, not expecting the users to muster up the gas to keep you afloat. I'm shocked, sad, and disgusted all at the same time, and then some.

I think I need ponies to sum up my feelings.

7,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
WideEyed
hntwilley1

zOMG! isn't dead yet. It's merely being put back into "maintenance mode", which basically means no new content, no fixes for existing bugs, and no Events.

zOMG! is still up and running as usual and I haven't heard anything that would imply it's going to actually be shut down at any point, so I'd say "go for it".

In the time it takes for us to finally get through DMS and craft our Recipes, things might actually change for zOMG!

DMS isn't fun for my anymore it used to be and now that I'm an 11.6 i've lost all interest

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
hntwilley1
WideEyed
hntwilley1

DMS isn't fun for my anymore it used to be and now that I'm an 11.6 i've lost all interest

That's unfortunate.
I'm still looking for my first Kam kill, (actually, I need to meet her first, but you get the drift), and there's not a chance I'm giving up before I get her in both of her forms. smile

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
hntwilley1

That's how I feel... But I would still like to get attuned/defeat her.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
sailoranimecode
hntwilley1

That's how I feel... But I would still like to get attuned/defeat her.

Yep.
I haven't invested this much time, effort and money just to walk away now without beating her. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff