Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the new idea? (Chapter 2 Restart)

Sounds like fun! 0.34358974358974 34.4% [ 134 ]
Interesting... 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 108 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.11282051282051 11.3% [ 44 ]
How could you even think of that?! 0.1 10.0% [ 39 ]
Obligatory Pollwhore Option. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 65 ]
Total Votes:[ 390 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65 66 67 > >>

Tipsy Elder

Valheita
Chem-kun
explain your reasoning behind the mini idea of "purple animated don't count for badges" please. All I'm seeing from this is the restriction to player freedoms when it comes to being any CL they wish to be.
Mainly the Giftboxes. It allows more people to get hits in while they're spawned, allowing more players to get credit.

Besides, it's only logical that if you don't get loot, you shouldn't get kill credit either.

It is restricting player freedom to be any C.L, but give me one good reason why you should be allowed to run around as a C.L. 10.0 and kill whatever you want.
if some jerk decides to camp giftboxes at 10.0, that's their choice. You also have the choice to either suggest they change level, or to just change layers. Personally, i think boxes are over rated and ridiculous that the loot is still > 1k, but everyone knows its dropping, so no real purpose to them besides the badges. Once the drop goes to like 200g, everyone will be going there at 10.0 because they're just after the kills, but most likely just stop cause they can't get gold from it anymore and 5000 kills is too tedious. In this situation, I'd go with appeasement, for they're not Hitler and will run out of reasons to kill giftboxes most likely before they get the 5k badge.

that's a matter of opinion. If you killed it, personally you should get the credit.

Cause I like being a figure of higer power in places in Zen or wherever you are hunting badges (unless 10.0 is the normal CL), and with that "power" I just help people that I see when walking around. I've actually helped a lot more people level up when 10.0 instead of suppressing.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Chem-kun
Valheita
Chem-kun
explain your reasoning behind the mini idea of "purple animated don't count for badges" please. All I'm seeing from this is the restriction to player freedoms when it comes to being any CL they wish to be.
Mainly the Giftboxes. It allows more people to get hits in while they're spawned, allowing more players to get credit.

Besides, it's only logical that if you don't get loot, you shouldn't get kill credit either.

It is restricting player freedom to be any C.L, but give me one good reason why you should be allowed to run around as a C.L. 10.0 and kill whatever you want.
if some jerk decides to camp giftboxes at 10.0, that's their choice. You also have the choice to either suggest they change level, or to just change layers. Personally, i think boxes are over rated and ridiculous that the loot is still > 1k, but everyone knows its dropping, so no real purpose to them besides the badges. Once the drop goes to like 200g, everyone will be going there at 10.0 because they're just after the kills, but most likely just stop cause they can't get gold from it anymore and 5000 kills is too tedious. In this situation, I'd go with appeasement, for they're not Hitler and will run out of reasons to kill giftboxes most likely before they get the 5k badge.

that's a matter of opinion. If you killed it, personally you should get the credit.

Cause I like being a figure of higer power in places in Zen or wherever you are hunting badges (unless 10.0 is the normal CL), and with that "power" I just help people that I see when walking around. I've actually helped a lot more people level up when 10.0 instead of suppressing.
1) If they're C.L. 10.0ing giftboxes, 9 times out of 10, they're jerks and won't suppress. They would already have suppressed were they going to.

2) Changing layers isn't so easy.

3) -You- might think they're overrated, but C.L. 10.0s griefing by hunting at C.L. 10.0 is a recurring issue that we hear about on these forums.

Essentially, it's more fair on everyone concerned if you suppress. Suppression is no great hardship after all. I routinely suppress. (Read: Always, unless I'm in SS)

Also, I said a good reason. "I like running around like a God" isn't a good reason.

Tipsy Elder

Valheita
Chem-kun
Valheita
Chem-kun

1) If they're C.L. 10.0ing giftboxes, 9 times out of 10, they're jerks and won't suppress. They would already have suppressed were they going to.

2) Changing layers isn't so easy.

3) -You- might think they're overrated, but C.L. 10.0s griefing by hunting at C.L. 10.0 is a recurring issue that we hear about on these forums.

Essentially, it's more fair on everyone concerned if you suppress. Suppression is no great hardship after all. I routinely suppress. (Read: Always, unless I'm in SS)

Also, I said a good reason. "I like running around like a God" isn't a good reason.
you seem to be only focusing on giftboxes, where the only trouble of this seems to really happen really. It's because of their rarity that this is a problem, unlike buzz saws where loads of them roam on multiple screens.

It's fair that someone needs a badge, worked hard for their CL, and can't take a break by just easily slaughtering a lil animated that spawns multiple times and is everywhere HAS to suppress so litter CLs who only stop by the screen while they cut and burn all screens when maybe the higher CL was only camping one screen.

I must of phrased that last paragraph to seem like being powerful was the point. My point was rescuing newbs/defibing them as being their super hero or protector.

Reading all of your arguments so far seems that your trying to correct some people's characteristics expressed by how they play the game. If you are not letting the people express themselves through how they play, then might as well make all of gaia communist.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Giftboxes while predominant, are not the only source of frustration. Go to any "What do you hate about zOMG! thread" and you'll find droves of people who complain about higher C.L.s kill stealing.

Also, I'd like to point out that you can still get credit if they're blue. Your higher C.L. still affords you an easier battle. It just stops griefers one-hitting things.

As for saving newbies/noobs... Well in the first place, if you're doing that then it doesn't matter whether you get badge credit, right? Furthermore, a yellow can still save people.

Yes, I'm trying to stop people being dicks. Are you telling me that discouraging asshattery is wrong? (That doesn't have anything to do with communism, by the way.)

Were it that I were to speak frankly, I don't think that my idea would work. Griefers will still grief. The only difference would be is that they don't get rewarded for it.
Sorry, I'm uh, dumping my suggestions in here. haha.

About the giftboxes, for all the nasty complainers, just set it so that they're in an instanced map.

1a. One person spawns maybe one or two giftboxes.
1b. Six spawns six to twelve.
2. It would be nice if they DIDN'T *oh crap I keep forgetting the word* take your CL.
3. It would finally shut the people up complaining about KSers. Geez.
4. The instanced map could be only open during certain times of night, i.e. 9:00 PM GST --> 1:00 AM GST.
5. And it[map/entrance] could be shaped like a giant giftbox~~ yes please! biggrin

Feedback? Questions? Mesos plx?
Malignant Virus

Sorry. lol I had to check what you had striked out. I thought you said "Moses plx?". rofl

Wheezing Warlord

Malignant Virus

4. The instanced map could be only open during certain times of night, i.e. 9:00 PM GST --& 1:00 AM GST.

This.
grounderous
Malignant Virus

Sorry. lol I had to check what you had striked out. I thought you said "Moses plx?". rofl

Lols~ Yes yes, Moses, as a giftbox boss XD
[It's a faint reference to maplestory. ;D]

SykoCaster
Malignant Virus

4. The instanced map could be only open during certain times of night, i.e. 9:00 PM GST --& 1:00 AM GST.

This.

What? My grammar mistake [&]? Thanks, that really boosts my confidence. xD [jk]

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
Sorry, I'm uh, dumping my suggestions in here. haha.

About the giftboxes, for all the nasty complainers, just set it so that they're in an instanced map.

1a. One person spawns maybe one or two giftboxes.
1b. Six spawns six to twelve.
2. It would be nice if they DIDN'T *oh crap I keep forgetting the word* take your CL.
3. It would finally shut the people up complaining about KSers. Geez.
5. And it[map/entrance] could be shaped like a giant giftbox~~ yes please! biggrin

Well, one suggestion I have seen is entry into the Windmill as a "giftbox dungeon".

Were it that it were just giftboxes, I would suggest spawning them in flocks throughout Bass'ken in the night, that way you can't camp them.

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Or why not just make Giftboxes spawn throughout all areas at random? That's what the random giftboxes do here on the main-site, so it would seem a bit more canonical. Granted, their level would need to be adjusted for the areas, but hey. >.>
Are Ringboxes rarer than Giftboxes? I suppose they don't need to be more common, because you can get rings from Animated anyway...

I've only seen one in Bass'ken Lake, and that was during the Easter Event on an empty layer. *sighs* Happy day...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Arkyron
Or why not just make Giftboxes spawn throughout all areas at random? That's what the random giftboxes do here on the main-site, so it would seem a bit more canonical. Granted, their level would need to be adjusted for the areas, but hey. >.>
Well, that's an option.

Actually, that's quite a neat idea. First-paged.

Sucks to be the newbies getting giftraped in VG though D:

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
grounderous
Are Ringboxes rarer than Giftboxes? I suppose they don't need to be more common, because you can get rings from Animated anyway...

I've only seen one in Bass'ken Lake, and that was during the Easter Event on an empty layer. *sighs* Happy day...
They're a lot rarer.

I've only seen them when I get my own new layers.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Legit Bump.

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I tried for ages to catch one of those things in Bassken.... User Image