Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the new idea? (Chapter 2 Restart)

Sounds like fun! 0.34358974358974 34.4% [ 134 ]
Interesting... 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 108 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.11282051282051 11.3% [ 44 ]
How could you even think of that?! 0.1 10.0% [ 39 ]
Obligatory Pollwhore Option. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 65 ]
Total Votes:[ 390 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65 66 67 > >>

"Divine, the Terrifying?"
I see what you did there.

Okay, actual on-topicness- Yes, I do believe these Ancestral G'hi boosts are too complicated. Even though the customizability is very appealing, it would be very overwhelming for newbies. As for players that have already started, how will there be a tutorial? Will there be a tutorial? Edmund could tell you to go on a quest for these legends, but is that specific enough?
A few weeks ago, I think, there was a thread in the forums from a newbie asking about these ancestral boosts and where they are.
I have nothing against this, I love it, really, but I think it's a bit confusing.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Kitty Peach
Valheita

Discussion Topics (Spoons?): Would you like to see reflected knockback returned to this idea? And do you think that this update would make My Density playable?

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry. I can't look at this thread anymore (not at least for a couple of minutes). I don't think I can take it seriously for a while.

All I can think of is a Cross-Counter.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Animate both bodies flying backwards simultaneously and we have a winner.
*shrugs* Reflected knockback is serious business.

Though perhaps I should elaborate on what is meant by it... *goes to edit post*
Valheita
Blood Assassin 32
Launch the polaris,
The end doesnt scare us!

He is pretty much the Rock Armor of the legends.
Which I see as completely fine.

When will this cease?
The warheads will all rust in peace!
Yeah. Hopeless alone, but pretty damn handy in a crew.

I'm thinking I should make him extend buff durations, or build rage faster from buffs though (In addition to his current). Not being able to target himself is a pretty hefty drawback.
Launch the polaris,
The end doesnt scare us!

Which is where Diagnose, Adren, Rock, Teflon come in. Honestly, you might not even have to target yourself if you have the right rings.

When will this cease?
The warheads will all rust in peace!

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Crimson Damson

Okay, actual on-topicness- Yes, I do believe these Ancestral G'hi boosts are too complicated. Even though the customizability is very appealing, it would be very overwhelming for newbies. As for players that have already started, how will there be a tutorial? Will there be a tutorial? Edmund could tell you to go on a quest for these legends, but is that specific enough?
A few weeks ago, I think, there was a thread in the forums from a newbie asking about these ancestral boosts and where they are.
I have nothing against this, I love it, really, but I think it's a bit confusing.
Here's where I'm going to point out that if you're a newbie come Chapter 2, you're going to die. Fast.

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
The only thing I find myself concerned about with your ideas, is how some of them seem that, for me at least, I would find myself sticking with friends more rather than playing with new people.

Why? Because I would, naturally, want to play around with different G'hi Legends. However, as this would mean crewing with people whose G'hi Legends were compatible with mine would be really frustrating if they didn't know what they were doing. Even if it was implemented later in the game, there will probably still be quite a few idiots around.
Furthermore, even if I did work with people outside the circles I usually do, finding a crew of players with the right choices for me would be difficult, especially at the times of day when playing is perfect for me, but more than half of Gaia is asleep. It's sometimes quite hard to get a full crew as it is now.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Silly RiRi
The only thing I find myself concerned about with your ideas, is how some of them seem that, for me at least, I would find myself sticking with friends more rather than playing with new people.

Why? Because I would, naturally, want to play around with different G'hi Legends. However, as this would mean crewing with people whose G'hi Legends were compatible with mine would be really frustrating if they didn't know what they were doing. Even if it was implemented later in the game, there will probably still be quite a few idiots around.
Furthermore, even if I did work with people outside the circles I usually do, finding a crew of players with the right choices for me would be difficult, especially at the times of day when playing is perfect for me, but more than half of Gaia is asleep. It's sometimes quite hard to get a full crew as it is now.
Well to be fair, some of them are designed for solo use.

I see where you're coming from though. In my defence though, nobody wants to crew with idiots in any game, we can only dumb things down for people so far.
Valheita
Crimson Damson

Here's where I'm going to point out that if you're a newbie come Chapter 2, you're going to die. Fast.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. sweatdrop

And for the record, everyone lurves your threads.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Crimson Damson
Valheita
Crimson Damson

Ah, I see. That makes sense. sweatdrop

And for the record, everyone lurves your threads.
Yeah, originally they were going to be in Otami, and the general consensus was that it was too early. One would hope by Chapter 2. players would be ready to add another layer onto their character building.

I mean, you'd think that people would have the hang of rings after 50 hours, right? D:

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Valheita
Silly RiRi

Well to be fair, some of them are designed for solo use.

I see where you're coming from though. In my defence though, nobody wants to crew with idiots in any game, we can only dumb things down for people so far.

Mhm. The boosts that would be okay for soloing look cool, although I probably would just try them out in a crew situation anyway. I hate playing alone xD

Hmmm... I agree. Sometimes I wish there could be something like an "orb tax" when a crew fails at bosses so it's harder for them to level up until the learn that 5+ attack rings and running ahead of your crew isn't good; but then I think about how unfair that would be on people who like to experiment or challenge themselves more who aren't stupid or fail at this game, but rather very good at it. emo

Anyway, I'm off to look through items for names of random names that are mentioned I could give you as suggestions. I like the ones you have for the legendary Gaians, but the mention of "Fremere" makes me think that using a few more of the names mentioned in item descriptions would be cool...
...That gives me an idea for a ring. Picolitrosso's Rebirth... like a self Defib... hm... [/ramble]

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
CleoSombra
First off, and I'm not sure if I cited this in the beginning, but I don't really see the point of a Deep Sea Village, and if there is any point, don't expect it until after Chapter 2 is released . . . or at least not for awhile.

It DOESN'T take a long time through the Shallow Seas. If you buff up decently, you can run through the clams and fluffs (maybe kill the clams) on the lower half of Shallow Seas. Do the right side of the map to get to Lorelei. Skip the chest on the left.

Once you get to the Undersea Ledge, you can grab the two crates near the entrance, then run to the ledge. You don't need to kill the anchor bugs or grunny subs on the first half of the UL map.

All you have to do for the robofish is deaggro them, which with turtle or rock armor is incredibly easy.

You should be able to get down to the sea lab in under forty-five minutes. An experienced crew can do it in twenty.

Coyote Spirit on full rage is enough to get someone all the way down to the sea lab, so even a single shot of coyote spirit is going to get aperson pretty far before it wears off. The walk really isn't that bad.

------

As for the g'hi system, it still seems a little complicated. People should be able to pick it up and understand it immediately . . . Plus, g'hi is supposed to act as a boost. It shouldn't have negative effects.

What if there was something similiar such as "experience points" or "skill points" that could be implemented? Perhaps you'd have to earn them over time or through a series of quests. You could check where you wanted these skill points to be put toward in the null. For example, if you had six skill points so far and you wanted to be a fighter in your crew, you could put two on accuracy, two on strength, one on dodge, and on one health. Or maybe two on accuracy, three on strength, and one on health. Or whatever.
I already pointed out that the first bit is the exception, not the norm. And yes, I was fully anticipating it being a part of Chapter 2. Kinda like... while there's no Chapter 2 he's the big scary uber endboss... then come Chapter 2 he's just another demi boss, so we get the Deep Sea Village to reflect that.

That's not a reason Cleo. G'hi is a boost now. Ung pointed out that there's no penalties in zOMG! at the moment. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be added.

Free-form stat distribution was an idea raised in my other thread for the G'hi system... and people don't seem to realise it's inherently complicated. For a fighter, sure, you stick points in to stuff to let you hit, get missed, and absorb damage.

But what about for a healer? Willpower is useless, accuracy is probably not that handy. Dodge? Well, if you're getting attacked your crew is doing something wrong, but yeah, maybe handy.

Anyway, with free form it's not immediately clear what you should put points into. I know this from experience. Free-form is a b***h to understand, period.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Silly RiRi
Mhm. The boosts that would be okay for soloing look cool, although I probably would just try them out in a crew situation anyway. I hate playing alone xD

Hmmm... I agree. Sometimes I wish there could be something like an "orb tax" when a crew fails at bosses so it's harder for them to level up until the learn that 5+ attack rings and running ahead of your crew isn't good; but then I think about how unfair that would be on people who like to experiment or challenge themselves more who aren't stupid or fail at this game, but rather very good at it. emo

Anyway, I'm off to look through items for names of random names that are mentioned I could give you as suggestions. I like the ones you have for the legendary Gaians, but the mention of "Fremere" makes me think that using a few more of the names mentioned in item descriptions would be cool...
...That gives me an idea for a ring. Picolitrosso's Rebirth... like a self Defib... hm... [/ramble]
Ideas for names would be great. At the moment, they're just vaguely applicable latin words. I'd like to have them tied into Gaian storyline where possible. 3nodding

(You caught Fremere, but not Von Helson?)

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Valheita
Silly RiRi

Ideas for names would be great. At the moment, they're just vaguely applicable latin words. I'd like to have them tied into Gaian storyline where possible. 3nodding

rofl
I caught Von Helson, but didn't mention it because it doesn't make me think of items. I noticed the Divine -> "malevolent aura" thing too. That one is perfect. rofl

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Silly RiRi
Valheita
Silly RiRi

rofl
I caught Von Helson, but didn't mention it because it doesn't make me think of items. I noticed the Divine -> "malevolent aura" thing too. That one is perfect. rofl
xd

Divine did say he wanted his own legend. The Fremere one is also a subtle reference, and not just to an item. Those two legends I'm particularly proud of. 3nodding

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
>_>
<_<
I think I get it, but I wont say anything or I might sound like a noob troll again, ifyouknowwhatImean.
wink
Valheita
I already pointed out that the first bit is the exception, not the norm. And yes, I was fully anticipating it being a part of Chapter 2. Kinda like... while there's no Chapter 2 he's the big scary uber endboss... then come Chapter 2 he's just another demi boss, so we get the Deep Sea Village to reflect that.

That's not a reason Cleo. G'hi is a boost now. Ung pointed out that there's no penalties in zOMG! at the moment. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be added.

Free-form stat distribution was an idea raised in my other thread for the G'hi system... and people don't seem to realise it's inherently complicated. For a fighter, sure, you stick points in to stuff to let you hit, get missed, and absorb damage.

But what about for a healer? Willpower is useless, accuracy is probably not that handy. Dodge? Well, if you're getting attacked your crew is doing something wrong, but yeah, maybe handy.

Anyway, with free form it's not immediately clear what you should put points into. I know this from experience. Free-form is a b***h to understand, period.

I know you pointed out that an experienced crew is the exception, but the point is, if you're not farming, it shouldn't take anymore than an hour to get down to the EB.

If you are going to SS for the purpose of getting to the endboss, that means not farming or killing anything that doesn't need to be killed. Inexperienced crews use buffs, as do experienced ones. If buffed properly, it's almost a cakewalk to run through the fluffs on the first half of the screen.

It can take an experienced crew 20 minutes to get to the sea lab, but even for an inexperienced crew, it shouldn't take more than an hour.

As for the g'hi stats, accuracy isn't very effective right now, but that could change. In the heat of a battle, a peson is apt to miss sometimes, even if it's to buff their own crew member. If someone is in a supportive role, they can worry less about healing themselves and more about healing their crewmates if they have a high dodge boost. A high health boost (perhaps the health boost would also have a slight increase in health regeneration) would do the same thing.

Qixter does want to make changes to the current g'hi system . . . which very well could involve adding or removing current g'hi boosts.

I think a few skill points here or there is easier to understand and pick up than an "ancestry" type of system. >>

Edit: However, did you do the mock-up of what the "legend" panel would look like in zOMG? It's very well done. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff