Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rson DeLarge
gah, ok this whole thing is redundant. why can't they just add script for a few weapons from gaia, it's not that they need to have individual traits, hell I wouldn't even mind if they just now started making weapons that could be used, but this whole ring system makes me not want to participate, I mean it would be fine if maybe the warrior class only got four rings and a sword... seriously, it's just idiotic to have an mmo of any sort (especially fantasy) with no swords!!!

Sorry. Will be so. Accept it or don't play, nobody force you. Btw, it's idiotic to judge so harshly a thing before at least trying it. A sure thing is that your opinion won't make devs change route now.
Rson DeLarge
gah, ok this whole thing is redundant. why can't they just add script for a few weapons from gaia, it's not that they need to have individual traits, hell I wouldn't even mind if they just now started making weapons that could be used, but this whole ring system makes me not want to participate, I mean it would be fine if maybe the warrior class only got four rings and a sword... seriously, it's just idiotic to have an mmo of any sort (especially fantasy) with no swords!!!

Those who speak without prior knowledge must remember these wise words of wisdom.

"It is better to have the world think you a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it to them"

Seriously though, if you spent TEN minutes on the first page you would see the reasons as to why we are using rings instead of weapons from a purely technological standpoint. 'Weapons' (Swords in particular) are cliche, over used weapons. To ask them to put 'real weapons' in the game when they are including rings like the Mantis Ring not only is offensive, but makes you look like an idiot in the eyes of 90% of this forum.

Yes, I'm supporting Rings. It's not because I'm some sort of 'gaia fan-boi' or a 'sheep ready for the slaughter' if you will. I support Rings because they fit the quirky nature of gaia and are a fresh and exciting idea in an exceedingly rotting genre. If you want to go "Woo, sw0rdz! I KEELZ YOU WIT ME SW0RD!" go play WoW, too cheap to pay for wow? Then go play Runescape, Maplestory, or even Adventure Quest!

---Syaoran Moeroo apologizes to anyone who gets butthurt over the truth in his words. But would like to remind everyone that most of the time the truth hurts---
look don't lecture me on cliches, of all things to come as a 'cliche' to gaia... BATTLE! yeah, by the way, "thou who wishest for magical ring nerdgasm" this entire thing has been done before, the exciting part is the discussion on gaia, battle is just another outlet for the same comunity to have some varietty. I'm sure your sick of swords. really, I can't blame you, but I'm merely bringing up a plenty valid point..... WHY NOT? like you said, you don't have choose it, you can go rape and pillage with rings (wich by the way is a Magi Nation rip off) but why, why can't some people use a sword, a staff (or even a britva)
why not?

tell me oh truthful and wise one....
I have to agree with son... rings are not fresh... infact the appearance they give are extremely dull... and if you are angry at us for criticising something so harshly without trying it... how can you say that and be doing the same thing by defending it so pridefully without having tried it as well... so do not attempt to sound over all of us...

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
Rson DeLarge
look don't lecture me on cliches, of all things to come as a 'cliche' to gaia... BATTLE! yeah, by the way, "thou who wishest for magical ring nerdgasm" this entire thing has been done before, the exciting part is the discussion on gaia, battle is just another outlet for the same comunity to have some varietty. I'm sure your sick of swords. really, I can't blame you, but I'm merely bringing up a plenty valid point..... WHY NOT? like you said, you don't have choose it, you can go rape and pillage with rings (wich by the way is a Magi Nation rip off) but why, why can't some people use a sword, a staff (or even a britva)
why not?

tell me oh truthful and wise one....

Good things

Magi nation summoned dream creatures and cast spells on them.
Gaia's ring system is more of a skill slot then summon.
As cliche as another mmo sounds, flash adds new properties to the dynamic of online gaming.
Attacks such as bump, improbability sphere, and lag ad a whole new aspect to how you can play as opposed to a standard turn based rpg, and mmo.

Always.

Kuchiki Byakuya -senbon-
I have to agree with son... rings are not fresh... infact the appearance they give are extremely dull... and if you are angry at us for criticising something so harshly without trying it... how can you say that and be doing the same thing by defending it so pridefully without having tried it as well... so do not attempt to sound over all of us...

Sorry, somewhere I said that I think that the mmo will be cool? Where did I defended it without any rational argument? Once for all, maybe this will suck. Or, as I HOPE, otherwise I wouldn't be still here, will be cool. I asked you, until now kindly, not to judge it until it's out.
btw, it's Rson, as in arson.... yeah well what's wrong with a little scepticism?
because it would be too typical to have just normal weapons and such i think the idea of rings is fantastic and you should see some of their animations it is freaking amazing, and i hope that my grammar was good enough for our critiquers. biggrin
Personally I am against the rings and I will tell you why. It seems to me like an easy way to cut corners and release a half done game with good reason. If you really get down to it rings are skills in any other game. So let us imagine WoW, MapleStory, or any other MMO without weapons. People wouldn't want to play it most likely because it was half-assed. They are putting in a skill system disguising it as a gimmick and then using that to not spend time developing another thing. All so they can save some work in making animations, weapons, and the like. Not really what I like to see in a game. Most likely there will be a burst at first and then the game with slow. For sure it isn't going to reach any high status in the MMO world and therefore I deem it average and half baked. Having said that I will most likely check it out, but I don't see it amazing me or even keeping my interest for long..

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
KOOL, I CANT WAIT TO PLAY

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
Oni-seigyoki
Personally I am against the rings and I will tell you why. It seems to me like an easy way to cut corners and release a half done game with good reason. If you really get down to it rings are skills in any other game. So let us imagine WoW, MapleStory, or any other MMO without weapons. People wouldn't want to play it most likely because it was half-assed. They are putting in a skill system disguising it as a gimmick and then using that to not spend time developing another thing. All so they can save some work in making animations, weapons, and the like. Not really what I like to see in a game. Most likely there will be a burst at first and then the game with slow. For sure it isn't going to reach any high status in the MMO world and therefore I deem it average and half baked. Having said that I will most likely check it out, but I don't see it amazing me or even keeping my interest for long..

Good things

The time put into the rings is not just damage calculations.
It's movement proximity's.
It's tactical ai.
All done on a flash interface. (Something that has not been done at this level anywhere else online.)

Always.

I'm sorry but none of these have been shown or proven and I am willing to bet the ai will be nothing special. Second I never said the rings where just damage, but they are all things that have been done before. The lag ring is your basic stop or freezing spell for example. At best it might be a good couple minute distraction game. It just isn't going to beat any games already out there, save customization of course.
Oni-seigyoki
I'm sorry but none of these have been shown or proven and I am willing to bet the ai will be nothing special. Second I never said the rings where just damage, but they are all things that have been done before. The lag ring is your basic stop or freezing spell for example. At best it might be a good couple minute distraction game. It just isn't going to beat any games already out there, save customization of course.

What about bump?
It would be a knock back or daze type thing in other games. Again nothing revolutionary. You would be hard pressed to come up with something that has never been done. The best you can do is make it look pretty or try and make it seem different. Most things have been done and inventive ideas are hard to get a hold of in game development.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Oni-seigyoki

Well considering its a free, non-downloaded MMO on a community hang-out site built around forums. Id say it is very good. You cant compare a free game to one you pay for that was made by a gaming company.

Your comparing apples and oranges here, and your basicly talking in circles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff