Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just hope the crowd it attracts isn't the wrong one, you know? Bye the way people were asking about someway to battle back when I joined in 03.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Oni-seigyoki
I just hope the crowd it attracts isn't the wrong one, you know?

We already have just about (if not) every crowd.
From the lamest scammers ever to some of the greatest intellectuals I've seen in a long time.

Nothing new. Just even more people than we have now.

[edit]I joined back then, too.
I just remember Lanzer coming out and saying that the really wanted to make one, and that's when people really got started on the whole 'Must have!' thing.
I also remember how it was supposedly coming out in September of '04 or '05, with absolutely no proof, and all the hype whatever user started that created. XD
Chokin
Oni-seigyoki
I just hope the crowd it attracts isn't the wrong one, you know?

We already have just about (if not) every crowd.
From the lamest scammers ever to some of the greatest intellectuals I've seen in a long time.

Nothing new. Just even more people than we have now.

And the people who do come for battle, may stay for the community.
I remember bits of that.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I remember the hype specifically.
I was really sad when it turned out to be a load of barnacle.
Isn't that when the established the battle suggestion thread in feedback?
And also to get input on how the game should play.
As I said hope this doesn't incite an inflow of spammers like we are facing now...Then the forums will go to hell.
Oni-seigyoki
As I said hope this doesn't incite an inflow of spammers like we are facing now...Then the forums will go to hell.

Based on my experience, spammers spam because they either don't know what to do, are trolls, or a bots from malicious users.
Most of the time thought, they get a hang of things and begin to enjoy the community.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
B8T
Oni-seigyoki

Based on my experience, spammers spam because they either don't know what to do, are trolls, or a bots from malicious users.
Most of the time thought, they get a hang of things and begin to enjoy the community.

We've been getting a lot of 4chan raids apparently.

They're not actual long term users, just people out there to annoy us.
Chokin
B8T
Oni-seigyoki

The hell is is 4chan? oO;;

I know google is my friend, but I've never heard of it... most things I have at least head of it in passing... *shrugs* oh well.

I see the MMO initially (and unfortunately) bringing in a large population of gung-ho idiots (Read, PvP noobs who'll complain about there being no PvP) but hopefully it will bring in the good with the bad, and the bad will leave eventually (or at least get banned)
Syaoran Moeroo
Chokin
B8T
Oni-seigyoki

The hell is is 4chan? oO;;

I know google is my friend, but I've never heard of it... most things I have at least head of it in passing... *shrugs* oh well.

I see the MMO initially (and unfortunately) bringing in a large population of gung-ho idiots (Read, PvP noobs who'll complain about there being no PvP) but hopefully it will bring in the good with the bad, and the bad will leave eventually (or at least get banned)

We can hacker ip bann. 3nodding
Troll banning is probably going to take longer, but then again, more people will be promoted to an assistant mod status to keep the mmo is check.
(They don't troll ip bann because some people are trolls on other peoples comps.)
If they are up against a hacker...an ip ban would do nothing. Anyway I'm off to bed...night.
Oni-seigyoki
If they are up against a hacker...an ip ban would do nothing. Anyway I'm off to bed...night.

this is absolutely true, I worked at IBM and ISS for about a week for an internship, and we went through a lot of people that were hackers on gaia because they look for malicious attackers, and the capabilities of these people is way more then simply banning an IP can cover.
How can you kill someone with a ring hit em hard? i wanna chop someone up with my sword D:
Katsumi Y
How can you kill someone with a ring hit em hard? i wanna chop someone up with my sword D:

you use abilities from the ring, and some of them actually look like swords when you activate their abilities, bit it will be really neat i've seeen the animations and they are fun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff