Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh yeah, free.
Name some free games that let you do all this.
Not really. To tell the truth I'd say AdventureQuest you will find has more variety than this game will. I'm not talking in circles at all if you take the time to actually read what I am saying. In that example lets say I compared Apples to Apples, since I don't like apples very much. It will be a half done free game as I see it. Do all this? As in fight monsters and get new rings?
Oni-seigyoki
Not really. To tell the truth I'd say AdventureQuest you will find has more variety than this game will. I'm not talking in circles at all if you take the time to actually read what I am saying. In that example lets say I compared Apples to Apples, since I don't like apples very much. It will be a half done free game as I see it. Do all this? As in fight monsters and get new rings?

Adventure quest is a turn-based system.
Gaia is time based.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
And in adventure quest you do what again? Kill monsters and get items. Hmmmm.(actually in AQ thats all you can do, with the GBS its linked to the site, so theres plenty of things to do other than just fight.) And besides, Adventure quest isnt ALL free, in order to get far in it you need to pay a membership fee. Just like runescape. In fact most of the "free" games you named need a monthly fee to do 85% of the stuff on them.
Real time, and that doesn't make much difference to me. That is only preference. I know there is one rpg on the internet that is the same, but wasd instead of point and click and it took only a week for one person to make. So scaled it would probably be on the level of this game yet with weapons and spells. Would be a finished game. You are wrong about Adventure quest by the way. I was a guardian and the amount of stuff that you get is negligible in the long run. Second we don't know if this game is going to be completely free and gaia already has a cash shop and donation items so....Off that point for a second the site will not be part of the game. They are seperate. You measure the game by what is in the game not what is on the forum. This game has no chance of being better than Adventure Quest for me.
The Undead Suitor
And in adventure quest you do what again? Kill monsters and get items. Hmmmm.(actually in AQ thats all you can do, with the GBS its linked to the site, so theres plenty of things to do other than just fight.) And besides, Adventure quest isnt ALL free, in order to get far in it you need to pay a membership fee. Just like runescape. In fact most of the "free" games you named need a monthly fee to do 85% of the stuff on them.

The only things you pay for on gaia is stuff that look cool. 3nodding

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
B8T
The Undead Suitor

And you don't even have to pay for those. Harr!!
Oni-seigyoki
Real time, and that doesn't make much difference to me. That is only preference. I know there is one rpg on the internet that is the same, but wasd instead of point and click and it took only a week for one person to make. So scaled it would probably be on the level of this game yet with weapons and spells. Would be a finished game.

So what if there is a limit on skill to weapon ratio.
What harm is it to you anyways?
As for me, it looks like a good free mmo.
The Undead Suitor
Oni-seigyoki
I'm sorry but none of these have been shown or proven and I am willing to bet the ai will be nothing special. Second I never said the rings where just damage, but they are all things that have been done before. The lag ring is your basic stop or freezing spell for example. At best it might be a good couple minute distraction game. It just isn't going to beat any games already out there, save customization of course.

Well considering its a free, non-downloaded MMO on a community hang-out site built around forums. Id say it is very good. You cant compare a free game to one you pay for that was made by a gaming company.

Your comparing apples and oranges here, and your basicly talking in circles.

yeah, actually he's making alot more sence out of this than anyone else here, and yes it is a gimick... the entire thing is just made to generate hype and keep us interested for a while perhaps later they'll add the script and animation that would compare to an actually decent game, say allong the lines of runescape, which may be unoriginal, but it's very good.... oh and by the way... it's free and nondownload, b***h...
like I said... why not add a new level to it?
Chokin
B8T
The Undead Suitor

And you don't even have to pay for those. Harr!!

True, you can get those out of the market from people who did pay.
(My first mill was made without paying to the site.)
Rson DeLarge
The Undead Suitor
Oni-seigyoki
I'm sorry but none of these have been shown or proven and I am willing to bet the ai will be nothing special. Second I never said the rings where just damage, but they are all things that have been done before. The lag ring is your basic stop or freezing spell for example. At best it might be a good couple minute distraction game. It just isn't going to beat any games already out there, save customization of course.

Well considering its a free, non-downloaded MMO on a community hang-out site built around forums. Id say it is very good. You cant compare a free game to one you pay for that was made by a gaming company.

Your comparing apples and oranges here, and your basicly talking in circles.

yeah, actually he's making alot more sence out of this than anyone else here, and yes it is a gimick... the entire thing is just made to generate hype and keep us interested for a while perhaps later they'll add the script and animation that would compare to an actually decent game, say allong the lines of runescape, which may be unoriginal, but it's very good.... oh and by the way... it's free and nondownload, b***h...
like I said... why not add a new level to it?

Run-escape's graphics are fail though.
And customizability is minimal.
If Runescapes graphics fail then this game has got to have about a Z- or something similar. You don't judge a game by graphics if you are any kind of serious gamer.
Oni-seigyoki
If Runescapes graphics fail then this game has got to have about a Z- or something similar. You don't judge a game by graphics if you are any kind of serious gamer.

I'm not a gamer, I'm a graphic artist.
And as for gameplay, Anything we stated about it seems to be good in my eyes.
So win win, I get graphics, and I get gameplay. All without a fee for skills, or usage.
I really don't see why some Gaians insist on arguing on something they asked for. Hell, if the Admins wanted to, they could have ignored your request, or pull this whole project away from us and store it in a closet, never to be opened again. You asked for an RPG, be glad you're actually getting one. You're all acting like a child who is pissed because they didn't get a GameBoy like they asked for for Christmas.
You don't get graphics though...not at all. Funny I don't remember calling up my nearest Gaia administrator and saying, "Hey wanna make half of a game and then super hype it while you take forever to do it?" I wouldn't be phased if they pulled it to tell the truth. I'll probably play it a little, but I'd be just as happy playing some puzzle game or some other short flash game to get my few minutes of activity...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff