Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Petit Marionette
Pasting this from the other topic as well (additional thoughts on headstart tickets),

Petit Marionette
Patrick Jiuliani
One more suggestion if you are going to do a head start ticket perhaps make it some type of equitable item so that afterward it still retains some small value and is not just a junk item. Perhaps a wrist band or something wearable.

How about it be something small like that while the area is still available for headstart, but once it becomes open to the public, the wristband could turn into something much cooler/flashier so that it retains its value? Post-headstart, it could turn into something like a pirate flag, with additional poses as a bandana, tattoo, cutlass, and peg leg, for instance.

Headstart tickets for additional areas could be similar. The one for the ninja forest, for example, could become a smokescreen with other poses as nunchucks, throwing stars, and a face/head covering.

They could charge more if they did this.

Ruthless Businessman

That is what I brought up but at the same time you might get people who dont play zomg buying it for the items. The one big worry with it though is how much it might jack up the price. Hence why I was only recommending something fairly small

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Patrick Jiuliani
That is what I brought up but at the same time you might get people who dont play zomg buying it for the items. The one big worry with it though is how much it might jack up the price. Hence why I was only recommending something fairly small

Vendors tend to shy away from zomg items but u never know xd
True, they could. I'm not sure whether that would be a good or bad thing though. It'd be positive because it would make the dev team more money, but it could be a negative if they charged too much more, because then fewer people might buy the headstart ticket.

And this is a fantastic topic idea, BTW. Thanks for organizing all the ideas and stuff, Sensual Soul! I really do hope the dev team takes a look.
i want zOMg to continue but i dont want to be the " newb" that doesnt have all the rings or something... because of gaia cash... so yea i guess those ideas are good

Gallant Gaian

11,550 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
It would be nice if there was a way to incorporate Towns into ZOMG. I miss being able to get into my house.

Bucktoothed Sex Symbol

Sensual Soul
Diamondinmyeye
Sensual Soul
Alok Juro
Sen you will must likely remember this idea because you were in the topic but....remember that idea where people could make there own dungen? well what if you use GG to make it and so people will use it you can make gaia gold for playing it? I do not remember whos idea this was but i always thought it was a good idea.... I posted this in the Would you pay G Cash to unsoulbind your rings? topic to....

I do remember that! It reminded me of NeverWinter nights. I use to make my own areas all the time! biggrin Yeah you could make an area and when people play it you make gold....but....could it be done? I mean, how would it be done...Well I'll post it the devs will say Yay, or Nay...lol
That would be an amazing idea! Like towns, but with enemies. I suppose you can add cooler enemies and the like with more cash.

Well they could do bundles of things. Like a basic bundle of thing, landscape and monsters could be 1000GC and a deluxe could be 2000GC. The area once you open it could run for 30 days (real days starting from the moment you cut the ribbon) You could charge an entrance fee of X amount of gold (To much no one will come to check it out, to little you don't make any gold) ^^ It could be like so awesome. And the Devs could do a contest every so often to give a prize for the best player designed area. O.O That would be fun!
Maybe the most played locations get a leader board and bragging rights. I see some players wanting to be famous for creating big and amazing dungeons. Not sure if it'd be logical to get the gold from the entrance fee. To my mind there shouldn't be one.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Dungeon maker! I like!... commons can be brought in and you pay some cash to introduce some of the more epic creatures such as landy. Would be sweet! but I don't know where to implement it other than possibly the house of mirrors or a Null portal. This would be so epic if CLANS could have their own group instances and have 12 men raids. The Dungeons would have rankings on how players like them, the highest level crews have gotten and votes for most aesthetic!.

I would do a series of caves and purchase some were wolves to plague the Dungeon visitors along with the OMGs and OMGWTFs... possibly create an actual gauntlet room where Masks line the walls and you have to run as fast as possible before the hoards of werewolves that are set to roam the level... And then a boss room, 2-6 rounds of werewolf spawns with the last few holding the larger wolves and a few masks. The whole area would be lighted by purple pyres and would light up as you defeat your enemies, but before then, near pitch darkness! <-needs some work, but you get the idea.

--------------------------------------------------------

there so should be a reward for the creator, possibly 5% of the earnings from the crew attempts (excluding your own.)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Petit Marionette
True, they could. I'm not sure whether that would be a good or bad thing though. It'd be positive because it would make the dev team more money, but it could be a negative if they charged too much more, because then fewer people might buy the headstart ticket.

And this is a fantastic topic idea, BTW. Thanks for organizing all the ideas and stuff! I really do hope the dev team takes a look.

Thanks. I like helping. ^^
As for the idea of having something after you use the head-start ticket......well lets say to get the item you have to use the the ticket to get in, other wise it's null and no item...get people to use it that way right?

Cheery Reindeer

2,450 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think that rather than just making a ton of new stuff you have to buy with cash, the most important thing is actually attracting new people to play/keeping people playing. I think one thing that would be nice would be a way to restart the game and play again on "hard mode" or "extreme mode" or "god mode" where the difficulty of everything is ramped up and you get to keep all your rings, but they are artificially locked into certain CLs until you move on to the next area/beat each area's boss/complete each area's quest line.

Here's how I think it could work. Rather than collecting orbs, you get something else which you use to unlock your rings' power, but until you complete, say, Leon's Gnome hunting quest line in Village Greens, you can't go past CL2. Then at Bill's Ranch, you have to either defeat the OMGWTF or complete Bill's quest line to go past CL3. In Zen Gardens, it gets harder and you have to kill Kat's Kokeshi as well as complete Kin's quest line to pass CL4 and so on. Also, the gold and item rewards would be higher and higher for each difficulty level and you could earn/buy better and better power ups to help you out, which would only be usable if the required difficulty level is active (to prevent people from abusing them in the easier difficulties). This would make the game more rewarding, challenging and fun for people who have beaten it already. They would have a better reason to come back for more.

The option to return to normal difficulty for the sake of playing with new-to-the-game friends would be available in the null chamber. Moving to a higher difficulty would require beating the EB each time (to give a sense of accomplishment).

I have no idea what it would take to implement this, but I really think it would help. It would allow the casual players to keep playing normally, and provide some more challenge and fun for the hardcore players.

I'm sure I could think of other ideas, too, but this is what I've got for now.
Sensual Soul
Petit Marionette

And this is a fantastic topic idea, BTW. Thanks for organizing all the ideas and stuff! I really do hope the dev team takes a look.

Thanks. I like helping. ^^
As for the idea of having something after you use the head-start ticket......well lets say to get the item you have to use the the ticket to get in, other wise it's null and no item...get people to use it that way right?

I think that could be a really good idea. It'd certainly encourage people to come check out the game!

Also, I'm LOVING the idea of an area/dungeon maker with leader boards and bragging rights, with possible monetary/item rewards. 3nodding

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Yeah the creating your own area thing sounds great but I have to wonder if it can be done. D: Maybe do something a bit simpler to begin with, create a maze maybe?

Ruthless Businessman

The one problem I see with making people go to the boardwalk to actually have the item poses is how will you be able to tell who has come to use the item not to mention if they dont generally play the game getting from the greens to the boardwalk is not the easiest thing to do especially if you have no idea where said boardwalk is. That would probably turn people off to the idea of buying the ticket
Sensual Soul
Yeah the creating your own area thing sounds great but I have to wonder if it can be done. D: Maybe do something a bit simpler to begin with, create a maze maybe?

I have the same concern. I think that if they could get more players, make more revenue and then hire more devs and artists, this could be a great idea for some time down the road. Obviously it's not something that could be done right away when they have so few staff, but if other money-making ideas panned out, the dungeon creation would be a good thing to shoot for in the future!

But yeah, even starting with something small like a maze would be a good start.
I understand about the need to make money, and I would hate to lose the game - I'm really enjoying it. But I have to tell you, I am poor. Really. Don't tell me it wouldn't be very much of an expense - I've been unemployed for a year and am 3 months behind on my rent. I'm lucky to be able to get online at all. I can't afford to spend any money on nonessentials like anything at Gaia. So I'm really opposed to making any features ONLY available through paying cash. I think that would be unfair to the extreme.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff