Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Patrick Jiuliani
The one problem I see with making people go to the boardwalk to actually have the item poses is how will you be able to tell who has come to use the item not to mention if they dont generally play the game getting from the greens to the boardwalk is not the easiest thing to do especially if you have no idea where said boardwalk is. That would probably turn people off to the idea of buying the ticket

You'd know because they would have to "punch" their ticket by talking to a NPC. And there is the Airship, why not hitch a ride to the Boardwalk? smile

Ruthless Businessman

darkrainbow23
I understand about the need to make money, and I would hate to lose the game - I'm really enjoying it. But I have to tell you, I am poor. Really. Don't tell me it wouldn't be very much of an expense - I've been unemployed for a year and am 3 months behind on my rent. I'm lucky to be able to get online at all. I can't afford to spend any money on nonessentials like anything at Gaia. So I'm really opposed to making any features ONLY available through paying cash. I think that would be unfair to the extreme.

We all understand how that is I think and most of the features we have talked about are not ones that would make playing the game exclusive to people with money. They are luxury ideas such as getting to new areas early or rings that wouldnt be necessary to have but not bad either. Other things like power ups and recolors are again not needed at all for game play just make it a little easier/profitable or are for looks
Patrick Jiuliani
The one problem I see with making people go to the boardwalk to actually have the item poses is how will you be able to tell who has come to use the item not to mention if they dont generally play the game getting from the greens to the boardwalk is not the easiest thing to do especially if you have no idea where said boardwalk is. That would probably turn people off to the idea of buying the ticket

This occurred to me too. I'm not sure how they would track it... Maybe instead of the actual ticket turning into the item, they could grant you a separate item the first time a player entered the boardwalk during the headstart period using a ticket. Kind of like the golden egg. And the item would hatch/transform after the headstart period was over. Maybe they could do a treasure chest that opens or something in keeping with the pirate theme?

As for how they'd get there... There would have to be some way to teleport from either the greens or Barton to the Boardwalk entrance, so as to make it available to new players.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
darkrainbow23
I understand about the need to make money, and I would hate to lose the game - I'm really enjoying it. But I have to tell you, I am poor. Really. Don't tell me it wouldn't be very much of an expense - I've been unemployed for a year and am 3 months behind on my rent. I'm lucky to be able to get online at all. I can't afford to spend any money on nonessentials like anything at Gaia. So I'm really opposed to making any features ONLY available through paying cash. I think that would be unfair to the extreme.

Well no one has suggested any of this be soulbound so you should be able to buy these things in the MP.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. =/ If you do lose your internet there's always the library.
darkrainbow23

I feel your pain - honestly, I do. I'm a full-time student with no job who runs out of food halfway through the month. So I wouldn't actually be able to buy any of these cash-only items either. But I'm still for it because it would help fund zOMG, and it would make the game more fun for other people. Plus, the game would still be perfectly playable and enjoyable without cash items. ^_^

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Petit Marionette
Patrick Jiuliani

This occurred to me too. I'm not sure how they would track it... Maybe instead of the actual ticket turning into the item, they could grant you a separate item the first time a player entered the boardwalk during the headstart period using a ticket. Kind of like the golden egg. And the item would hatch/transform after the headstart period was over. Maybe they could do a treasure chest that opens or something in keeping with the pirate theme?

As for how they'd get there... There would have to be some way to teleport from either the greens or Barton to the Boardwalk entrance, so as to make it available to new players.

lol see my above post and let me know what you think.

Ruthless Businessman

Petit marionette and sensual soul: I am betting that the board walk located where it is probably wont be a low cl area. Probably the same as the sandy beach of the boardwalk we have now so around cl 6. It wouldnt be a good idea just transporting them there and again even something as simple as that people might see as a hassle not worth having to deal with for an item. We shouldnt cram Zomg down their throats more like coax them into playing.

Wheezing Warlord

darkrainbow23

That's what the MP is for, though.
              It's not only available though Gaia Cash.
              That's just the only source is.
Patrick Jiuliani
Petit marionette and sensual soul: I am betting that the board walk located where it is probably wont be a low cl area. Probably the same as the sandy beach of the boardwalk we have now so around cl 6. It wouldnt be a good idea just transporting them there and again even something as simple as that people might see as a hassle not worth having to deal with for an item. We shouldnt cram Zomg down their throats more like coax them into playing.

Wait - will the boardwalk have animated? I was under the impression that the area would be filled with minigames and be a safe zone, like Barton Town.

FFFFFFFFF - teleporting wouldn't work then, if you had animated killing off all the CL 1.0's. xD Ah well, there goes that idea.

But if they WERE to teleport them somehow, yes, I think airship would be a wonderful idea, Soul!

Dangerous Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Two words: Stamina boost.
Anything to make you have more
than 100 stamina at a time. But
not a ring item. Something like
the current orb, supercharger
and Ghi boosts. Pleeeease,
I`m practically begging.

Another idea that dawned on me...
I play DDO [Dungeons and Dragons Online]
and there are specific quests that you well..
have to buy, basically. To an extent, I could
see that being an interesting revenue venture
for zOMG. Something that screams exclusivity
and high rewards, all for just a bit of Gaia Cash.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Patrick Jiuliani

I thought about the CL thing. Why not let the ticket boost the CL for the Headstart period so they can try it out. This should wet there appetites for more! twisted They get to play as if they are CL 6 but only within that area! And only for the Headsart period! Once it's over they go back to being whatever CL they are. Kinda like suppression but backwards!

@
Petit Marionette

Thanks, I think people are just dying to get back on the Airship!

Ruthless Businessman

Again thats a lot of hassle (coding) for something that probably wouldnt be sold for a buck fifty or so. I like the idea of drawing more people in but not that way. I think even doing small things like announcing events and developments of the game would help draw in more people from around the site.

And I think there may be animated considering that they have them in the area that you have to go through to get to it

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
M a l c c h i a t o
Two words: Stamina boost.
Anything to make you have more
than 100 stamina at a time. But
not a ring item. Something like
the current orb, supercharger
and Ghi boosts. Pleeeease,
I`m practically begging.

Another idea that dawned on me...
I play DDO [Dungeons and Dragons Online]
and there are specific quests that you well..
have to buy, basically. To an extent, I could
see that being an interesting revenue venture
for zOMG. Something that screams exclusivity
and high rewards, all for just a bit of Gaia Cash.

Like tomes that have quest in them? Maybe you get a chance at a ultra rare item? Like that?

The stamina thing...well there were some suggestion for rings and power ups already. smile

Dangerous Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Yes, like a tome.
Something that would give you
a very special reward for doing so.

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
How about an Animated EI? Each stage would have different Animated companion and I am poses that corresponded to the area. For instance, evolution number one would have Barton Animated like Mr. Fluff and the Pumpkin Fluffs. Second one would have Gnomes, Flamingos, Sandtrap Fluffs, and Mushroom Cannons. Third would have Garlics, Air Fluffs, etc. You get the point. The last evo would have companion poses for all the bosses and mini-event animated, like Lawnsharks, She Wolf, Papa Saw, and more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff