Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Ah... People are further and further deconstructing the game.

Such a nice guide to have around... Mostly for show, as no one will want to read it when first playing. But a definite reference when people discuss "balance".

I'll skip on asking who gave all the info to build this, because, well, I actually believe anything Valheita says related directly to the game.

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
lols but you're rounding decimal places right? XD that's not that bad.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
EmperorZensekai
In the main z!F guide, we (I) round to the nearest 10 to keep things neat. >.<;;

@Quintaferia: I should point out that the person who did the testing was mentioned in the top of the OP anyway xd

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
EmperorZensekai
In the main z!F guide, we (I) round to the nearest 10 to keep things neat. >.<;;

@Quintaferia: I should point out that the person who did the testing was mentioned in the top of the OP anyway xd
He was?
Precision wouldn't really be of use anyway.
The truth is, we're just too lazy to make things truly precise.
>.>

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
The way I figure it, what's 3 damage when you're doing an average anyway. >.<;;

Familiar Lunatic

Night and Day, bub.
The difference between success and FAILURE.
EVERYTHING! D:

*2HP survival flashback*

Blessed Receiver

7,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
s'all good with the damage system thing, but one thing i dont get, the barnacle fluffs in shallow seas.. i used to solo ss hard and i could kill them, now they do more damage, they're landing hits of 350-670dmg. it not understandable >.< they never used to do this much damage, you may have been asked before. but yeah, im too lazy to look through like 10pages of replies x) its pretty hard to solo ss hard now, have they been made stronger to stop the soloing ? =/

Lonely Dragon

Well, that's got a question off my chest... I've always wondered how you work out how much damage you do...

Well, apart from the normal attack-one-animated-lots-of-times-and-find-the-average-that-way...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
NateShikaVi
s'all good with the damage system thing, but one thing i dont get, the barnacle fluffs in shallow seas.. i used to solo ss hard and i could kill them, now they do more damage, they're landing hits of 350-670dmg. it not understandable >.< they never used to do this much damage, you may have been asked before. but yeah, im too lazy to look through like 10pages of replies x) its pretty hard to solo ss hard now, have they been made stronger to stop the soloing ? =/
I don't know why they're doing more damage, other than that they've had their base damage increased.

Perfect Saint

Valheita
NateShikaVi
I don't know why they're doing more damage, other than that they've had their base damage increased.
People are saying, that they are a foil for people milking the first two chests of the SS. Those chests used to give a lot more gold and the fluffs were pushovers, so people just went in, grabbed the two chests, die, awaken, rinse, repeat. They are also very nice to punish those who join just to steal chests by rushing in advance of the crew.

Blessed Receiver

7,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Myrielle
Valheita
NateShikaVi
People are saying, that they are a foil for people milking the first two chests of the SS. Those chests used to give a lot more gold and the fluffs were pushovers, so people just went in, grabbed the two chests, die, awaken, rinse, repeat. They are also very nice to punish those who join just to steal chests by rushing in advance of the crew.

but it doesnt explain why they are so strong 0_o

i usually miss them.. but when crews dont, its either epic fail, or scraping by success
not exactly great XD
but yeah, its so hard to solo ss hard nowadays, esp if you go for the kills and gold. if you get 2 or 3 fluffs.. you practically screwed. i know a few people who cant handle one fluff .. or even one clam D:
its nice to just get away form crews once in a while :p

Perfect Saint

NateShikaVi
Myrielle
Valheita
NateShikaVi

but it doesnt explain why they are so strong 0_o

i usually miss them.. but when crews dont, its either epic fail, or scraping by success
not exactly great XD
but yeah, its so hard to solo ss hard nowadays, esp if you go for the kills and gold. if you get 2 or 3 fluffs.. you practically screwed. i know a few people who cant handle one fluff .. or even one clam D:
its nice to just get away form crews once in a while :p
I thought it was obvious. They are strong so they can easily kill those bastards I mentioned.

Anyway, if your crew works together, apply the buffs correctly and do not try to take them all at once using luring, you should be able to handle them just as easily. The devs still very much like to keep the MMO as a multiplayer game.

It's also called Hard for a reason. The higher the challenge rating, the less likely most, but the best players, will not be able handle them on their own. I used to solo the SS back when there was only one rating. It wasn't as fun and profitable as with a crew and it did slow down the progress of my GHI levels.

Blessed Receiver

7,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i couldnt find a ring set forum thing, im too laxy to properly search,.. but since you knwo about them, i thought itd be best to ask you ^_^
the angel ring set, it increases luck, which means more loot right ?
basically.
does it increase loot for yourself ? or is it for the whole crew ?
would you get more loot on what YOU kill? and NOT what THEY kill ?
sorry its in the wrong forum bit >.<
Nate: Luck boosts only affect you.

Do remember that a fully raged coyote spirit or a fully raged divinity both give a luck boost as well... and if used on your crew, the luck boost is given to everyone.

Luck boosts do not stack, however; angel set has the largest luck boost, with coyote spirit close behind its luckiness.

Luck also only seems to affect ring drop rates.

----

But to more directly answer your question, it wouldn't matter much. Assuming everyone is the same (or very close to the same) CL and everyone sticks together, you'll all get an equivalent loot chance from whoever "killed" the enemy (How the game determines who killed what is not known; my guess is the one that caused the most amount of hate or damage is the one who "killed" the enemy).

So as an example... say crew member 1 kills something in a full crew. You all will receive loot equivalent to that person's loot chance... basically, 6x the normal loot rate, divided evenly amongst the crew members. (to keep things simple)

Check this page and the next one for luck test results~

Loot division source~

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Legal Bump.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff