Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is amazing - I love math! Are you still conducting experiments? smile

Dangerous Genius

Holy necromancy, Batman!

I certainly never expected this thread to resurface, anyway.

To answer your question, Ingrid, we're not currently conducting any experiments, but thanks for your interest.

While we are at it, lets explain to jzmajor what RED is...

I can never find a thread on it. |:

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
jzmajor

Thars one in the guild

I'll copy/paste it here for you.

Quote:
- Notable: The RED Effect -

The RED Effect (or Ring Effectiveness Distortion) is something that happened to most of us during our way to CL 10. RED always happens when you have major CL differences between your rings (for example a CL 6.7 Fleet Feet equipped, while your OCL is 9.8 with all your other rings a CL10). The RED effect lowers the effectiveness of the rings so that Fleet Feet (CL 6.7) ring no longer gives you a 67 bonus to dodge, but only a bonus of 65. Once Ring CL and OCL are roughly equal, the Ring effect follows the formula.
But not only lower rings are affected by RED. Rings that have a much higher CL than your OCL are effected by the RED effect, too. The RED effect causes these rings lose their high potential and their effectiveness is lowered (following the formula (OCL + Ring CL)/2 = average CL). This average CL is then used for calculationing the effectiveness of rings. Example: xX_Uron_Xx has an OCL of 5, but has a CL 10 Ghost ring equip. Upon activation Ghost on grants xX_Uron_Xx a (OCL + Ring CL)/2 * 15 bonus to dodge (i.e. 112.5).

Henceforth, try to avoid the RED effect if possible.
Full credit goes to Uron of course.

@Ingrid: I haven't really played in months now, I don't even lead the research guild any more xd

Dangerous Genius

Ring Effectiveness Distortion?

I'm not sure of the exact formulas or whatever, but in essence, your rings will always cap at 2.0 CL above your own OCL, no matter what the ring's actual CL may be. The best example is a player with a single 10.0 ring and seven 1.0 rings. His or her OCL will be 3.0, but that single ring will only have the effect as if it were a 5.0.
Valheita
jzmajor

Thars one in the guild

I'll copy/paste it here for you.

Quote:
- Notable: The RED Effect -

The RED Effect (or Ring Effectiveness Distortion) is something that happened to most of us during our way to CL 10. RED always happens when you have major CL differences between your rings (for example a CL 6.7 Fleet Feet equipped, while your OCL is 9.8 with all your other rings a CL10). The RED effect lowers the effectiveness of the rings so that Fleet Feet (CL 6.7) ring no longer gives you a 67 bonus to dodge, but only a bonus of 65. Once Ring CL and OCL are roughly equal, the Ring effect follows the formula.
But not only lower rings are affected by RED. Rings that have a much higher CL than your OCL are effected by the RED effect, too. The RED effect causes these rings lose their high potential and their effectiveness is lowered (following the formula (OCL + Ring CL)/2 = average CL). This average CL is then used for calculationing the effectiveness of rings. Example: xX_Uron_Xx has an OCL of 5, but has a CL 10 Ghost ring equip. Upon activation Ghost on grants xX_Uron_Xx a (OCL + Ring CL)/2 * 15 bonus to dodge (i.e. 112.5).

Henceforth, try to avoid the RED effect if possible.
Full credit goes to Uron of course.

@Ingrid: I haven't really played in months now, I don't even lead the research guild any more xd

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Is that the name for it. Thanks Val. c:
Aww, shoot. Thanks guys. Also: research guild? o.o

So I totally saw the April and went "oh yay, it's a recent thread!"

Oops.

@Valheita: I'm a CS major too! :high five:

Dangerous Genius

Ah, we don't mind this one getting bumped. If people see it and get more informed about how damage works, then the thread has done its job. wink
good work smile thanks

Gaian

hihi good job but,beacause i am a litte girl,i dont understand it really much. sweatdrop
but i will try to understand it. sweatdrop
Thaxxxxxxxxxxxxx biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas