Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

Progress: None over the past two days. I've been dragged here, there and everywhere for a multitude of reasons.

Quotable Poster

Recently I've written 8,000 words to my new novel, Somniac (working title, trying to figure something else out), though I kind of want to change the name to "Rise of the Valkyrie", because the symbolism of the Valkyrie is very important in this novel.

I've also begun plotting a superhero story, a partial deconstruction really, which I hope to have ready for NaNo.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Progress: Very little. sweatdrop

I realized that I can't just hop around the stuff from the Camp novel's first draft. I need to copy that stuff over and get it fixed up, but that's slowing me down. It's basically more editing. And I can't skip ahead because it's somewhat character-driven, and I need to know exactly what conversations and such I'm building on. So...

That project is pretty much on hold. Camp be damned, I guess. >_>; I'm back to focusing on the other novel's editing.

It seems like the past year or so, I haven't cared so much about wrimos. I want to, but then my schedule is always somewhere else, and I can't just drop old projects to ramble on new ones anymore. At least I got a new 9k written, and who knows, maybe I'll get a burst of inspiration later this month and still make it! (yeah, right. rofl )

Questionable Streaker

Progress: I finished Part Three, Chapter One.
Now on to the interesting bits emotion_dowant

4,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Progress: around 1,300 words before my family got home.

I can only write when I'm home alone >> I live with very loud and intrusive people.

Fashionable Raider

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
swag girl 9892
gvztrsczf gfzxczczcfzczgfczftzzzzzxzxxtzxcvcdgdffdfgzdfxcvcxdghc gxcv cvx cvxc xzhxzcxvzx

Writer's block? o_O
Finished the sequel to The Bridge. I will type it up to post on AO3 for a contest, then come back to it later to polish it up for serializing on FFnet. Typing it now--Part1 (821 words so far.)

Also fixing some issues in the main two characters of the comic, and planning to start scripting soon. Keyword planning.

Blood #1-3 (haven't written any since) are typed.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Progress: Blah. I finished the rewrite of a 3000 word chapter only to have Inner Editor pop up.

Inner Editor: Isn't it kind of stupid that the bad guy lets them do that? You could have taken the heroes a different way and avoided this.
Me: Yeah, but...
Inner Editor: You wanted that nifty fight scene, right? But you've got like 10k of fight scene coming up in another couple chapters. You don't need this.
Me: ...********. emo

The sad thing is I probably will rewrite this again, but I'm not sure it'll be any shorter. Bah. The good news is I can now take out one of my heroes that was causing me trouble in other versions. Maybe that'll help later on. >_>;

Right now, I'm trying to write a kind of dream/vision thing. It worries me a little, because I just randomly drop out of the storyline to follow the MC on this inner voyage which is kind of mellow and introspective. It has a purpose (the MC is finally awakening her magic powers) but I worry readers will feel bored, waiting for the climactic battle to start... o_<

/ramble

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Progress: Approx 24,346 (more or less depending on which file I'm looking at, but not by much). My plan is to finish before school starts in two weeks. So far, I've got six chapters of pure, unadulterated crap.

Quotable Poster

@Da Flea

I think it'd be cool to have a break between the action, a time to catch up and dig deep. But that's just my opinion. : D

Progress:
Wrote 2,300 words last night for a roleplay story. Haven't progressed in novel.

Romantic Explorer

My Progress: 19000+ on August Summer WriMo. I also posted another chapter of "Blood of Mine"

I had a longer post but date vampires ate it >.>

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Anakin: Thanks. I'm hoping other people feel that way, too. whee

Progress
: Trying to finish up that introspective chapter. I ended up writing a couple different versions, but both had some really good character points, so now I'm trying to weave the good stuff in together. Unfortunately, I wanted this segment to be under 2500, and I'm currently at 2900 and counting. >_>;;

Knowing me, I'll finish it, move on, then come back in a week and make a bunch more edits. XP

Random: Shark Week started yesterday. Oh Em Geeeee, I'm gonna be so unproductive this week. @__@;;

Questionable Prophet

Rainbow Bunny of Doom

My family is exactly the same way. "Inside voice" or "I'm standing less than a foot away from you voice" is a foreign concept to them...and the television and/or radio blaring. Not even the cats are quiet.
Congrats on getting so much done and good luck securing more writing time for yourself. Ever leave the house to write?

What's your story about?
And welcome to the thread.

Paper Satellite

Hey, a late welcome to the thread. Great username. 3nodding
I dubbed thee Satellite. (If that's okay with you.)
I find romance hard to write. sweatdrop
What's your story about?

@Loper:
Whoot! Congrats on finishing the chapter. Just saw it in my email tonight.
Excitedness. biggrin

@LaFay:
I've been thinking about doing a superhero novel for NaNo. Well, more of a super villain. Megamind, it was more than a movie to me.
And whoontess congrats on the 8,000 words!
What's the argument for keeping "Somniac" as a title?
No rush to chose a title though.

@Flea;
You don't need Los WriMos. They're just a fun way to get a story out for me.
Congrats on the the 3,000 words. You need to slip your inner editor something, it'll help mellow them out.
I don't know. I feel like juxtaposition of the mellow scenes with the action things creates a bit of suspense and is good for pacing. Good luck with the weaving and the snipping of pages.
OoO Shark week.

@Honey:
Whoot! You're doing amazing. Keep at it. If you do it looks like you'll get done before school.
Just keep at it and good luck.

@Nikkou:
So close to the 20K mark! Looks like you're keeping up with Camp well. 3nodding
The date vampire is such a glutton.

My Progress:
I've been working a lot, full-time, and a writing a lot as well. I'm at 22,757 words for Unrealities. I feel like I'm actually going to finish this story this time around, rather than just reach the 50K mark.
I got some new writing supplies. My "cousin" took me to staples for my birthday and was just like, "Get whatever you want that's under eight dollars and fifty-three cents."
My beta sent me a few chapters a few weeks ago and I've been avoiding it.

Quotable Poster

@Desi
Call me...
Hang on, ahem "See Signature". : D

The argument is a plot relevant one. See, Insomnia means the inability to sleep for long periods of time, meaning "somnia", despite not being an actual word, means the inability to stay awake for long periods of time. Blame Young Justice for that one, Robin makes up new words. Anyway, so Insomniac is a person who has a hard time sleep, while a Somniac, would be a person who has a hard time staying away. My main character may not have a hard time staying awake, but every time she sleeps, she dreams of something plot relevant, due to her abilities. In fact, what kick starts the plot is actually a reoccurring dream.

On the other hand, I have another novel with a similar name, so one of them needs to change.

Progress:
Nada, trying to do some plotting though and working in the world history to a fantasy world. The actual history is written, so I'm working on info so I don't screw up the races. So no real progress that is useful I suppose.

I did finish the roleplay story though, and am working on getting the roleplay finished for the end of next week.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff