Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

@Michelle:
That's quite a lot. OoO
Is the first draft completely finished?

@Tsubasa:
Happens.

It'd be interesting in a longer story. I remember in middle school reading this book that focused on one character per chapter, and you'd see the story progress through each character's eye, never going back to the same character. It was about a community garden. Can't remember the title at all.

It might work if that's how old he is when it ends.

@Icehawk:
Do you skip to the ones you want to edit more?

@Ivre:
Nearly half way there

My Progress:
Editing chapters 21-25 to send off tonight.
Chapter 20 is just so full of darlings. >.<
Nope. I go in the order they were written.
@ Desi: The first draft isn't done yet. I think I'll have it done during the middle or end of October. I'm not sure where I want to end it yet.
Wrote 1035 words today.
I finished an over-3 thousand word manuscript and sent it off on a query. A bit of a rush, but I received the idea through divine Notion.

Questionable Prophet

@Icehawk:
3nodding
I think I would want to skip ahead and just spend forever on one thing.
*has extraordinarily self-discipline*

The Lady In Red xXo

Sweetness! Good luck with the query.
What's the story about?

My Progress:
Finished the first edit of the chapters 21-24.
Now to go whack off those darlings.

Kawaii Fatcat

⇉ ♛ ⇇
I've been doing the 750words.com thing every day for 8 or 9 days now.
It's lots of fun and a challenge and getting me to write a lot.
It's mostly a lot of random story blurbs.

Questionable Prophet

@Pyth:
Awesomeness. I couldn't get into it.
Probably get some starters from their blurbs.

My Progress:
Didn't do any editing. Took a shower instead.
Focus, I got it.
Starting to think up ideas for NaNo this year. I want to do literary. Trying to think up a theme then, or whatever.
@Desi:
I find it a lot in fantasy. The best example I can think of a book with multiple PoVs is a book I read quite recently, The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett. The thing in that story was that there were a few PoV characters, each with their own stories that ended up coming together in the end.

He's not. Well, I plan on doing more than one story in that universe. The comic is one, and there's another fantasy project that is set more or less a hundred years after the comic (so obviously, Blue, being human, is not alive). However, the comic is sort of a beginning story, a "making of a swordsman" story. I have some idea of what happens after that particular plotline, and if the comic goes well I may or may not do another story as a sequel/continuation, whether as a comic or just written.

Progress: Hm, what have I done? Worked on one of my betaing projects. Chatted. IRC is awesome.

Romantic Explorer

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

For this week the poem had to be about an experience, but that was pretty much the only rule. My teacher even said we could make up the experience.
I could never do that to Marley, he meows like a banshee when he's hungry (if banshees meowed >.> )

My Progress: Did the workshop for my poem, mostly good feedback but I'm wondering if I should listen to one crtique I got. I'm not sure it's neccessary.
Writing a bit for "Blood of Mine"
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
The Lady In Red xXo

Sweetness! Good luck with the query.
What's the story about?

The story is really complex. It's a spiritual literary fiction "novella". There is not quite a real plot, since it focuses on the characters and mostly on Them.
progress:
right now i'm trying to make my book more visible in Amazon.
i even joined http://www.publishedauthors.org/ and i'm trying to gain tips on how to market my book. though even my own publisher is telling me to go for the https://www.authorlearningcenter.com/

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Been amazingly busy lately. Outside of the writing and editing, I've been rewriting some of my older chapters and hunting down a job. Not working so well on the job hunting.

Been watching a LOT of movies to. *shrugs*

Anyways, progress report (need to frikin' do this more often):

9-10-2012
Drabble a Day 169 - Sam fic
Typed: A Shifting of Life 47
Edited: The Truth Behind His Life chapters 1 to 9

9-11-2012
Drabble a Day 170 - Yusuke/Hiei
Typed: A Shifting of Life 48
Typed: The Truth Behind His Life 20
Started Rewrite: Follow Me Down 1

9-12-2012
Drabble A Day 171 - Harry, Voldemort
Finished rewrite: Follow Me Down 1 (That was an impossibly long a** chapter for me)

9-13-2012
Drabble A Day 172 - Hiei, Kuwabara
Typed: Drabbles
Wrote: Bits and Pieces story - Horror style
Started typing: The Truth Behind His Life 21

9-14-2012
Drabble A Day 173 - Raizen, Yusuke
Worked on: Bits and Pieces Story - Horror style
Started and Finished rewrite: Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Ouran High Cross Over "Changing It All" pt. A (This is a sort of prequel to the main story)

9-15-2012
Drabble A Day 174 - Kurama, Yusuke
Started rewrite: Changing It All 1

9-16-2012
Drabble A Day 175 - Youko/Yusuke
Finished rewrite: Changing It All 1
Started: Robert the Doll research

9-17-2012
Drabble A Day 176 - Aya fic
Started and finished rewrite: Changing It All 2
Started: The Truth Behind His Life 26

9-18-2012
Drabble A Day 177 - Kurama/Kuwabara
Started and Finished Rewrite: Unnamed Inuyasha story 1 (Added 348 words)
Started and Finished: Rough draft of Essay on Robert the Doll
Started Rewrite: Unnamed Inuyasha story 2

9-19-2012
Drabble A Day 178 - Kuwabara, Yusuke
Finished: The Truth Behind His Life 26 (This chapter did not want to be written)
Typed: A Shifting of Life 49 (I'M DONE! DONE I SAY! Now I just need to edit)
Typed: The Truth Behind His Life 21
Finished rewrite: Unnamed Inuyasha 2 (Added 314)
I love seeing the progress everyone is making on their writing projects!

I finally, for the first time in history, got past the 20k word count on my novel in progress today! I guess I got into it today because I wrote 3k in one sitting (and usually only do 1k tops), so I'm ecstatic that the 20k milestone has been broken through! Now to do that two to three more times... =)

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Slugging through chapter 2 of my fanfic(I'll just call it Ignite Infinity for now on since I tend to codename my docs after the theme song of the game I'm writing from). I did reach a halfway point. Just now trying to figure out how to get some events down to make it believable enough to happen.

Still thinking about how to go about a fluffy piece between two characters. I seem to developed the latter half first. Been talking back and forth with my friend to help churn some ideas for the beginning half.

With NaNo coming up soonish, I'm mentallyoutlining the basic flow of Princess Knight. I have a definite idea for the prologue. It's hard to have the urge to write it but really can't because I want to wait until NaNo starts to do so D:

Destitute Millionaire

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Alex08:
I see. Makes sense. When notebooks get filled they also get bigger. There's a pretty idea behind that, like your stories have actual bulk and their filling the notebook. Or I might just keep really bad care of my notebooks and that's why they get so less sleek as time goes on.

Whoot! Good luck with the recovery. Thank goodness for Email. It's one of it's main uses.

Within a few minutes, I'll be off to recover the data from my external hard drive and I have been given a little more than a week to do it (in exchange for being offline for a week). The story's continued existence completely depends on how the recovery goes.

I hope to succeed doing so because I have lots of other files there that I'd lose if I fail.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff