Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

@Limitless:
The movie is called : Limitless. It's where this guy takes these pill that make him a genius.
Putting the right spin on any story is what makes it memorable. The characters are another thing, I think.
I've always been more attracted to the character than the plot.
There have been times where I've felt like screaming with editing. It's usually the double check for the typos that does it.
Awesomeness on the Map. How are you guys mapping it?

G4at

Hey, welcome to the thread.
Congrats on getting all the way up to 50K. Why do you think you're board with it? Maybe more importantly why did you start writing it?

Magpie Windwitch

Congrats on the three hundred words! A good start so far. How long do you think your story is going to end up being?

@Nikkou:
I live in an old apartment so the doors are really crappy and whenever Pikachu wants in somewhere he'll just shove at the door. He does this when people are looking in the fridge to (when opened the door blocks off the kitchen). I don't know a cat that isn't spoiled. >.<

Hm. Interesting. I haven't read it, but I don't think it needs to be said either when thinking about it in broad terms. Good luck with the editing through, no problem with trying it out.

Whoot! Hope you get good feedback for the chapter. *admires edit mobile*

Razuberii Myst

Aw, don't feel ashamed.
Unless this is one of those "Post for Gold" post then do feel ashamed.
What have you been working at?

@Alberic:
Good luck with the finish.
Lost a cousin to Guild Wars. May he leave the house someday. U_U
Congrats on the 200+ words!

@Tsubasa:
A childhood favorite for me.
Good luck figuring out what kid them look like. Can be a difficult transition.
My flashdrive is lost. I had it just the other day... I want to get that NaNo flashdrive bracelet.
Good luck getting another one.
Congrats on finishing Broken Piano Pieces!
IRC--editing--same thing.

@Mari:
Sounds interesting. So she helps people kill themselves? Nothing wrong with stories being placed in Japan if that's where they're placed.
Do you have anything that indicates that she's a girl?
Think you'll use her in another story? I know you've said you have arcs in your stories, but do your characters reoccur from time to time in different stories or are they all separate?
I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

@Rose:
Is there any end in sight for it?
Sounds like a lot of work, but it sounds like it's all working out. For me it always feels better when word count goes up rather than down. Though that's totally irrational. Yay for little details! THe details bring the story to life.
Busing bad around your area? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I thought the stoner guy was so cute. *apparently has horrible tastes*
It's a good twist. Basically ended with the end of the world. Can't beat that.

*throws flowers*

And thank you! Each draft just gets more and more interesting and you get that nifty talent of being able to recite passages from your story word to word.

My Progress:
Haven't gotten anything done today. I did a multiaxial assessment of my beta's character.
I've also fallen into the habit of checking my email every hour when possible to see if he's finished with my chapters.
I am so productive.

Adorable Fisher

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Mari:
Sounds interesting. So she helps people kill themselves? Nothing wrong with stories being placed in Japan if that's where they're placed.
Do you have anything that indicates that she's a girl?
Think you'll use her in another story? I know you've said you have arcs in your stories, but do your characters reoccur from time to time in different stories or are they all separate?
I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

Yeah, she somehow finds suicidal people and helps them depart. Its sort of like being an "angel" in the stories, where the death is for "good" rather than just straight out murder which makes you a "demon". She wants to be a demon, but she is doomed to be an angel. In the story I did say that the guy she wants to kill harasses women and that she is one of them, but he doesn't know because she always goes stealth dressed as a man. Oh yes, all the stories are interlinked like a chain-link web. She'll be in a lot of stories, even ones that she's not the teller of. A lot of her stories debate if death can ever really be for "good", making her's important to Demon Stories from a philosophical standpoint, so there will be a lot. And you did make sense :3
@Desi: I've drawn Blue at 2 of the 3 ages he appears as in the comic's timeline (and one age that he doesn't appear as), but his brother's supposed to be fifteen when the story starts and I don't know how he's supposed to look. The tricky part will be making them look like they may be related to each other without making them identical twins or something.

Well, not quite...maybe if I was in a writing channel I could argue that IRC is editing.

Progress? What progress? Rather stuck right now with drawing w/o references, might edit. (That's what I said yesterday lol).
i asked for some feedback at an author's forum site and it confirmed my suspicion - the cover text of my book is incorrect/flawed! sad
now i have to re-write the cover text for later versions/editions of my book. xp

Timid Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Quote:
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Haha no. I have a thread that I made in the CB where I post nonsense for gold. xd Its an original fantasy story of sorts. I have just one part written and that tells about the main character getting himself into trouble with a rival faction.

Its a yaoi story OTL and I've been working a lot on the development of the characters, their relationships and the planet itself.

Even now as I read over the first part (which is at least a year old) I'm finding myself editing things and I haven't even begun to rewrite it yet! sweatdrop
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Limitless:
The movie is called : Limitless. It's where this guy takes these pill that make him a genius.
Putting the right spin on any story is what makes it memorable. The characters are another thing, I think.
I've always been more attracted to the character than the plot.
There have been times where I've felt like screaming with editing. It's usually the double check for the typos that does it.
Awesomeness on the Map. How are you guys mapping it?

Ooh, I actually think I've seen that movie. Yeah, the main character actually was a writer! He never finished anything until he took those pills and then sat down and finished his entire novel in one sitting. Man, I sure wish I could take them for that purpose! That would be awfully convenient.

I too think that the characters move the story along and are what attract me to stories. When the characters flop, the whole novel flops for me. The plot could be absolutely amazing, but without strong characters to follow along on the journey, it feels almost pointless for me.

Ah, the evil typo check. Blerg.

Thanks! My husband is doing the drawing, and I'm doing the dictating (since I cannot draw). We're not doing anything fancy or whatnot - for now, he drew out an overall world map and we'll create a country map as they're needed for the story. That's what we did this weekend - We filled out another country map.

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Rose:
Is there any end in sight for it?
Sounds like a lot of work, but it sounds like it's all working out. For me it always feels better when word count goes up rather than down. Though that's totally irrational. Yay for little details! THe details bring the story to life.
Busing bad around your area? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I thought the stoner guy was so cute. *apparently has horrible tastes*
It's a good twist. Basically ended with the end of the world. Can't beat that.

*throws flowers*

And thank you! Each draft just gets more and more interesting and you get that nifty talent of being able to recite passages from your story word to word.

Yes, there is. At least for this story. On chapter 6, total of 11 chapters. Then I move onto the next story.

I like it when my word count goes up. Makes me all happy knowing that I can write something long for once. *nodnod* Especially with this story. So much build up.

Very bad. Costs an arm and a leg to get out into the Foothills, where most of the good jobs are. I happen to live right smack dab in the middle of town.

He was cute. *nodnod* Being stoned is what helped him kick a**. *nods*

Nope, that you can't. *smiles*

Yay! It's always nice to be able to do that. At least when the passage is interesting. *has memorized passages that aren't in my story any more*

Now: Alex...stop being a whiny BIT*H! Be a villain! *growls and tries to throttle villain*

Friendly Explorer

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

It think it might end up being a full sized novel....

So, I have a LONG way to go.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Edited 16 of 24 chapters of my novel.

These longer chapters are getting exhausting.
I just finished my first novel at 60,275 words! blaugh
Now I'm going to take a break, get some reading done, and start on book two on the 1st.
I'm now taking a bitte of a break.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Michelle the Huntress
I just finished my first novel at 60,275 words! blaugh
Now I'm going to take a break, get some reading done, and start on book two on the 1st.

Huzzah!

Congrats. Soon you'll be like me, trudging through the editing stage.

Questionable Prophet

Michelle the Huntress

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Congratulations!
Quite the finish and have fun on your break. biggrin
What do you plan on reading?

@Lady in Red:
Nothing wrong with a little break.

@Magpie:
That's exciting through.
Just don't think about how much it is. xD

@Ivre:
What draft are you on?

@Rose:
More than half way through, chapter-wise at least.
Build ups are awesome. I always have a bit of a problem with the transition from build-up to the climax, especially with the ones where it's a huge secret that needs to be revealed. Just doesn't ever seem like just the right time.
That's just terrible. Hope the busing gets better or the job market gets better for around where you live.
Something about awkward, slightly weird looking guys...
Do you ever plan to reuse the passages that you've had to delete? (The ones you've liked, I mean.)

Maybe you should give her chocolate.

@Limitless:
It's a book too! Don't really like books about writer's too much.

Writing a book in one sitting would be spectacular, can't even wrap my head around it.
I can read a book that has a weak plot if the character is interesting enough. Funny characters and ones with good development.

That's so sweet and amazing. Yay for mapping!

Razuberii Myst

Slowly the CB thread shall make you so much gold.
Sounds like you're putting a good effort into development. How many factions do you have or have planned out?
Don't reread it until it's finished! gonk

@Paul:
At least it was caught now and not later.

@Tsubasa:
I find drawing the slight differences between ages hard. When I'm drawing cartoons it's : Kid, Teen or Old Person.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

@Mari:
An interesting look at suicide. Even could play with the idea of what suicide is. Such as is passively dying (or letting someone murder you) really suicide. Why does she want to be a demon?
He sounds like a creep.
And the stories being chained together is awesome.

My Progress:
Found the next batch that I'm going to edit next and send off to the beta.
Did you know that you had to get like a doctor's appointment for your *insert Apple product* to take it to the "Genius Bar"? Weird.

Looked over my betas stuffed, repeatedly checked e-mail, thought up a plot for a NaNo novel that I now realize that I've totally forgotten. >.<

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Rose:
More than half way through, chapter-wise at least.
Build ups are awesome. I always have a bit of a problem with the transition from build-up to the climax, especially with the ones where it's a huge secret that needs to be revealed. Just doesn't ever seem like just the right time.
That's just terrible. Hope the busing gets better or the job market gets better for around where you live.
Something about awkward, slightly weird looking guys...
Do you ever plan to reuse the passages that you've had to delete? (The ones you've liked, I mean.)

Maybe you should give her chocolate.

My Progress:
Found the next batch that I'm going to edit next and send off to the beta.

Looked over my betas stuffed, repeatedly checked e-mail, thought up a plot for a NaNo novel that I now realize that I've totally forgotten. >.<

Yeah, at least with this. My word count goal for this story is something like 60,000 to 70,000 words and the ends up sad so I know how it starts, I know how to get to the climax and then to get to the ending, it's just a matter of doing it correctly. *sighs* I have the same problems sometimes. There's a good reason why I hand write the stuff and then type it up and then edit it again. Works for me.

Yeah, it's a pain in the a**. *sighs softly* And my aunt is heading to Utah now. My uncle got a job there. But I have a good friend and her hubby here now.

They're just so cute. *nods*

Yeah, I do plan on reusing passages. I actually have a passage that is based off of one of my favorite lines from "Father Lucifer" by Tori Amos (song and singer).

It says:

He walked up to his friend and drapped his arms over broad shoulders, his mouth coming up close as he said lowly "Hey, how's your Jesus Christ hangin', big boy?" The large man chuckled, a rich, dark sound that sent heated pleasure tripping up his spine.

It's been nearly 6 years since I tore that puppy out of a chapter for A Butterfly's Dream. Tore the whole scene out actually since about then Rye became married to his current mates. *shrugs*

He. Alex is Pastor Alex in A Butterfly's Dream and he needs to be more of a jack off...I need people to despise the very ground he walks upon. I have to build it up to the point of him going after Solan...I think that's his name. Either way, Alex gets screwed over.

As for your own progress, pretty good all things considered. smile

9-20-2012
Drabble a Day 179 - Megatron Fic
Typed: The Truth Behind His Life 22
Started rewrite: Inu Story pt. 3

9-21-2012
Drabble a Day 180 - Bumblebee Fic
Finished rewrite: Inu Story Pt. 3
Started and Finished rewrite: Inu Story Pt. 4 (Total words added at this point: 1,36 cool

9-22-2012
Drabble a Day 181 - Morgan/Hotch for Sweetseme
Type: The Truth Behind His Life 23
Typed: Swap story Pt. 1
Started typing: Swap story Pt. 2
Started rewrite: Inu Story Pt. 5

9-23-2012
Drabble a Day 182 - Hanatoru fic
Finished rewrite: Inu story pt 5
Started rewrite: Inu story pt. 6

9-24-2012
Drabble a Day 183 - Voldemort Fic (Did you know I'm just over halfway through the 52 weeks of this? I am. I'm on week 27)
Finished rewrite: Inu story Pt. 6
Typed: Swap Pt. 3 (finished in 4 parts, need to edit it to death)
Started typing: "He's an Idiot" Ikkaku/Hanatoru/Yumichika story Pt. 1
Started: "He's an Idiot" Ikkaku/Hanatoru/Yumichika story Pt. 5 (one more part to this one and then I can work on "He's an Idiot 2" wink

*contemplates the NaNoWriMo story plot* What to write this year...
@Desi:
Age is big part in the storyline: how the main character grows up, pretty much. Blue's brother appears as 15 and 32, so I need to figure out that.

Progresso: Started another depressing, so far dialogue-less story, WT Cry. I should probably go back to my many WIPs before starting something new, but this should be short. It's about a serial killer, alternating 1st PoV (from the serial killer's PoV) and 3rd (omnipresent or something, idn).

I should probably try and improve my dialogue, instead of just avoiding it in everything I write.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff