Welcome to Gaia! ::

Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina was just starting her third bottle of the sweet nectar that toasted her belly when Stephen began. Whatever kind of alcohol this was, he was certainly doing its job of easing her into nice place as she pulled her legs onto the couch and lounged there as she drank. The second he revealed the real reason as to he came to the city of Loq, the bottle stopped at her lips, pulling it away as she looked at Stephen for a moment. Her lips formed a smile before she unleashed a laugh.

"How ironic." Marina boasted with a big laugh before falling completely silent. "I came her to escape death." She pulled the bottle to her lips and took a big swig, glancing at him as she held the bottle in her hands. "But it find me even here." Marina turned her attention to him, resting her head on her hand. "Well, the obvious question comes next. Just why were you trying to die?"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

I am not a bad man
Even though I do bad things..

"Ironic indeed...I did not come here trying to die," Stephen said, taking another swig of booze, and moving to sit beside her. "I came here because I cannot escape it. I am...diseased." He said with a sad smile. "My family carries a unique type of blood cell known as a Porphryc Kyogen. Normal blood cells have about a .003 percent chance of carrying the disease known as Porphryc Hemophilia but my family's cells, the Porphryc Kyogens, have a 186.5 percent chance of carrying it. Each member of my family creates our own...obstacle to keep the disease from spreading and killing us, but Porphryc Hemophilia has no cure. It can only be delayed, and my time is almost up..."

The young scientist gazed into the distance wondering about his life, the way he lived it, if he was happy with the way it had gone.
Why do you burden yourself so, Stephen? Drink with the girl, have sex with the girl, whatever, but don't bring yourself down because of something neither of us can change. N'a'shezaernon said to him. For a demon, N'a certainly cared a lot.
Aren't you concerned, N'a? If I die, so do you.
Stephen, I have lived for millenia. I have seen gods rise and fall, seen wars reshape the world, I have seen the creation of new worlds. I am old, and I am ready to die. You, however...are not.
No, I am not. I am not ready to die.

...Very bad things
Such horrible things...
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina finished her third bottle as Stephen elaborated on his tale of woe as he sat himself beside her. Her crimson eyes regarded him with a peculiar curiosity as talked of this disease that spreads among his kin. She let her gaze drift to the side as he finished while a drunken heat filled her belly. He was guaranteed death and even if he claimed there not to be a cure, she was quite sure the thought of one still gave some glimmer of hope. It was commendable in a way.

Marina turned the empty bottle in her hand. When she had first been approached by the voices that spoke to her of Loq, she had been in a bad place where death was certain or rather very likely. At the time. she figured she did not have a choice since Iliad had in all sense ruined her, but she did have a choice and she chose to run. To live without the knowing that death was immanent; she understood how he felt.

She cleared her throat as she set the bottle down, sitting back in the couch. "Curiosity and disease is what drove you here? Very glum as I'm sure most everyone's story who comes to the City of Loq is."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

I am not a bad man

"Perhaps but I believe my friend Damien, if he made it here, would beg to differ. He came simply because he wanted to." Stephen finished off his booze, and called out into the house. "Lelouch!!" A young man with black hair and fine clothes was in to room in an instant. It was almost as if he'd simply materialized there. "Yes, Young Master?" he asked. "Bring me and my friend a bowl." he said. Lelouch nodded, even smiling a little, and left the room as quickly as he'd appeared.

"I hope you don't mind if I smoke a bowl. I don't know if you do drugs, but I find that they help me think more...abstractly, and for someone who has a Ph.D in nearly every kind of science imaginable, abstract thinking is hard to come by." Stephen grinned a lopsided grin. It was impossible to tell if the alcohol had affected him at all. He spoke and moved as he had when she'd suggested getting her blade back.

...Very bad things
Such horrible things...
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina licked the alcohol off her lips, glancing at Stephen as he said Damien's name. Her eyebrows lifted in astonishment at just how small the world was. "How about that." She said with a smile. "Yes, I met him when I got to the church among a few others and a dog."

Marina looked behind at the boy servant, Lelouch, as she let her eyes trail after him. He was rather cute, a tad younger, but age was not a determinant. She regarded Stephen with a curious gaze as he commented affect of drugs. She rest her fingers against her cheek, feeling the minute heat from the alcohol. It would seem Stephen had the same desire for things not accepted in society that Marina had; drugs, alcohol, pleasure and the thrill of it all.

She ran her middle finger along her bottom lip since it rested there as she tried to figure just what kind of person Stephen was. Marina felt the tip of the broken blade kiss her stomach as she sat and so pulled it out of her pocket and held the jagged tip in her hands, regarding it with a kind of sad reminiscence. She let out a small sigh, tucking it in her boots that were to the side.

"I'm sure you'll come to find I do many things." Marina said with a chuckle. "Abstract thinking... That's one way to put it."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

I am not a bad man

Stephen smiled his lopsided smile at her again. "A dog? I don't wanna know. I'm glad that ghostly b*****d made it here, though." he chuckled as Lelouch reappeared, bringing with him a bowl, already packed. "Thanks." Stephen said. Lelouch gave a small nod, looking disappointed, and began to walk out of the room, when Stephen said "Why don't you stay and smoke with us, cat?" Lelouch grinned, and took a seat in one of the chairs across from the couch. He relaxed, and a pair of cat ears showed themselves on the top of his head. That, along with a tail beginning to swish behind him, belied the reason Stephen had called the young man 'cat.'

Stephen handed the bowl to Marina. He rummaged around in one of his pockets for a moment, soon holding up a simple black lighter which he handed to her as well. "Guests go first. Oh by the way, Lelouch, this is Marina. Marina, Lelouch." Stephen leaned back into the couch, a contented smile on his face. It had been a long, long time since he'd just let everything go and enjoyed himself...and others. If things go further with Marina, perhaps I'll even let the cat join in. he thought. Although he might not even want to...him and Damien had a thing, didn't they?

...Very bad things
Such horrible things...

Dapper Conversationalist

User Image
~ MAISEY MCCAIN ~ "I don't know what I am..." ~

"Oh!" His mask needed to be repaired? "Then, maybe a mechanic?", she asked, confused. Maisey obediently complied to what he said. It was quite pathetic to be freaking out more that he was, really, but the fact was that she was worried, especially since she didn't quite understand what was going on. That had to be the weirdest day ever, since she came to Loq.

She followed him to his place as he requested, since she wasn't ready to have him passing out, weighting on her conscience. They walked in silence, which made her wonder if maybe he had trouble talking. It was slightly awkward. He was polite enough to open the door for her, which she appreciated. "Thank you.", she said in a happy tone, as she walked in. "So, how exactly are you fixing that mask of yours?"

~ "...but I am definitely different." ~
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina watched as Lelouch joined them in the festivities after retrieving the bowl. She watched as he sat down, revealing two cat ears and a tail swaying behind him. She knew Loq was a place for those who didn't fair well in normal society to come, but she wondered if anyone who came to this city happened to be human. She acquired the fuzziest feeling in her chest as she watched his ears twitch and smile.

Marina glanced down at the bowl Stephen handed her and smiled. "What a gentleman." She said as she brought it up to her lips. "I have my own lighter, but thank you." A flame ignited on her index finger, blue before it turned to red and orange as she lit the bowl and took a big drag of smoke. She handed the bowl back to Stephen has she exhaled, working her mouth as the smoke formed butterflies until it was gone.

Marina smiled and gave the young man a nod as Stephen introduced her. She stood up and stepped behind Lelouch, bringing her hands up a taking hold of Lelouch's ears. As she gently ran her fingers along them as a satisfied smile spread across her face. "I'm always surprised as to how soft they are." She giggled as her thumbs rubbed the inside.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

I am not a bad man

Stephen lit the bowl she passed him, and inhaled long and deep. He breathed the smoke out and into Lelouch's face while he passed the cat the bowl. Lelouch, purring as the woman played with his ears, took his own huge drag on the bowl, and passed it back to the woman again. Stephen chuckled at Lelouch's enjoyment of Marina's administrations. "Careful, Marina. He bites." he said with mischief in his voice. "According to Damien, he bites deliciously." Stephen started laughing. Not the laugh from before, but a clear sound.

Lelouch growled jokingly at the young scientist. "Come on, Stephen," he said. "She doesn't need to know that." The neko began laughing as well. It had been a long time since he and his master had spent time, other than sparring, around one another. He also enjoyed the fact that Stephen had finally made a friend.

...Very bad things
Such horrible things...
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina didn't take the bowl, but instead leaned straight over Lelouch, taking a long drag from before leaning her head back to exhale. She leaned down and rubbed her cheek against Lelouch's own as she petted him. She gave Stephen a sultry smile as he pointed out Lelouch's ability to bite.

"Something we have in common." She teased with a laugh. She stood up after getting her fill of softness and sat herself back on the couch. "It's never nice to keep secrets." She waved an index finger at Lelouch. Marina leaned back on the couch, suddenly roasting from the alcohol's affect on her body.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Damian Jackal

Even angels have...
"A mechanic would look at this mask, and quit his job. There are only two people in the world who know how to repair it, and one of them is me." Damien reached up to remove his mask, and smiled. He walked over to a worktable, placing the mask on it. "The lining needs to be replaced, and there's a hole in it, too. I'll have to make a new one soon, but until I have the time, a patch will do." Damien didn't say another word, he simply got to work.

The young man's hands moved masterfully and quickly, grabbing tools, fabric, and some sort of plastic from hidden compartments. He closed those compartments nearly as quickly as he opened them. Damien ripped the inner lining from his mask with ease, placing the new lining (already shaped to fit perfectly within the mask) in and attaching it with a combination of tiny staples and sewing. He then took a small piece of the plastic-looking material and placed it over the hole in his mask. He used the heat from his lightning to melt the edges of the plastic into place. The whole process was completed in about a minute-and-a-half, after which Damien pulled the mask back on, and spoke again. "Thanks for coming with me, Maisey. Sorry if I seemed weird for asking you to do this..." He scratched the back of his head and chuckled.

...their wicked schemes

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

I am not a bad man

Stephen laughed again, tossing a wink her way at the tease. "Not a secret, really, just something...private between them." he took the bowl back from Lelouch, taking another large drag. He held the smoke in as long as he could, then exhaled loudly. "So, Marina, what about you? Why did you come to this accursed place?" Stephen asked the woman who had so captured his interest all of a sudden. She had certainly given him an adventure tonight.

N'a'shezaernon was glad his host was enjoying himself. Both he and Stephen knew the man only had maybe a month left to live. N'a could save Stephen's mind and soul, even his scientific spirit, but without a body to put those things into within about and hour of the death, Stephen would die. Besides that, there were no soul-less bodies just laying around here. N'a thought for a moment, and had an idea. If he possessed Stephen right before he died, the demon could prolong his host's life long enough perhaps to find a vessel to put Stephen into...
Why am I so desperate to save him? The Demon wondered.

...Very bad things
Such horrible things...

Dapper Conversationalist

User Image
~ MAISEY MCCAIN ~ "I don't know what I am..." ~

As he removed the mask, Maisey just stared intently and even blushed slightly. She had never seen him without the mask, and she had just assumed that it was something that he couldn't remove for some reason. "You have a pretty face.", she told him bluntly, smiling. Somehow, she didn't see it coming. "It's fine.", she said, replying to his apology. "I mean, I couldn't have you pass out in the middle of the street, could I?", she mused. Truth was, that would get stuck to her brain forever, if it happened.

"So, what's your story? I mean...why did you come here, and what's up with the mask?" She suddenly stopped herself, and scratched the back of her neck in embarassment. "I'm sorry, I'm asking too many questions! It's fine if you don't want to tell me, really. I just need people to tell me to shut up, once in a while!" She laughed just slightly, out of embarassment. She was doing it again. Being nosy was a serious issue for her, that she needed to learn how to control. "It's just... Being here for some time, I began to realize that everyone has a reason for being here. It's weird that a place like this just suddenly appears when everyone most needs it... It's like a haven." She looked at the ground as she spoke, thoughtfully.

~ "...but I am definitely different." ~
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina ran her long fingers through her brunette hair in hearing Stephen inquire about her own reasons for coming to Loq. She cleared her throat as she brought her legs onto the couch, glancing at the broken blade she placed on the coffee table. She grabbed another bottle, popping the cap open.

"I came here to get away from someone." She said. "Really, I just ran away from a man." She paused to take a big pull of the bottle. "Iliad is his name and he is an Elemental like myself." Marina gazed passed Stephen at nothing as she began twirling a lock of her hair. "He was going to kill me." Truthfully he had already done worse things to her. She had never been intimidated or afraid of someone until she met him and always wished she never had. "And that blade." She gestured to the broken dagger. "That mother ******** blade was the only thing keeping him from coming here." Marina stared at it for some time before taking another pull. "Well, at least I met you two." She said with a smile. "I'll drink to you both."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

So this is the end...
And the saddest thing...

Stephen gazed at her as she told him her story, her reason for being here. He chuckled when she mentioned 'that mother ******** blade,' and raised a bottle to her when she toasted them. "And we to you." he said. "So now that the blade is broken, perhaps this...Iliad will come here, and we'll get a chance to kill him. I am sure N'a'shezaernon would love a chance to kill anyone who does you wrong...just as I would." Stephen was no longer sure if what he was saying was the booze or his heart. He knew that part of him wanted to know this woman, to truly know her. The other knew it would only cause both of them pain. He was going to die soon. That was a fact that he could not change, no matter how he tried.

N'a'shezaernon was...sad. More than sad, he was sorrowful. Stephen had finally found someone he connected with, and that was to be stolen from him. From both of them. He wished sincerely, now, that he had not chosen Stephen as his host. If he hadn't...but this was no time for ifs. He would devote his thoughts now to finding a new host for both him and Stephen.

...Of the story...
...Is all of this could have been avoided...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff