8,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
And you lied to the angels...

ξlianna Ῥoupee

~Blinded Angel~

where?: My new room.. with who: No one. mood: Shaken.

...Said I stabbed you to death.

User Image

User Image

"State your business, citizen of Loq."

A stern voice said from ahead, startling poor Eliana. She lifted her face up, her silver eyes not quite making it to his face, since they were at a steady stare forward. "I'm just walking. Why do you need to know? Am I somewhere I'm not supposed to be?" Her face showed discontent, and nervousness. Could this be one of the men that Nick had warned her about? She clutched Leo to her chest, and took her hand off the wall. The dream had already unsettled her, and this man, his presence set her on edge. She took a few steps backward, before saying, "W-who are you?"

In her mind, she picture one of the Piqs, with a scary face, and large frame, ready to hypnotize her and send her on her way. She stood a little straighter, knowing she could at least do one thing to protect herself, despite the fact that she never wanted to put someone through that. The pain of their life replayed in their mind, it could drive someone to madness.

User Image
If we go at the same time...

O.O.C.: O.O He's got a claw!

...They'll clean up the mess.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Ͼhief of Ҏiqs

User Image

Ͼommander Ғaust

User Image

User Image

When she seemed to take notice of him, Faust noticed that her eyes probably fell just right below neck. Definitely an odd location to rest her eyes. Was she blind? "Look at me properly, girl. Do you have any manners?" He asked, his voice stern. The commander had no quarrel with scolding the citizens of this city, whether they be large and tall or small and weak. To him, he was the law, and law would be administered. Crossing his arms, the shimmering metal of his left clawed appendage resting atop of his ordinary right one, Faust awaited a long overdue answer. Answers should be immediate and without delay. How rude of her.

"Your actions are very suspicious, that is why I demand to know." Faust began, soon stepping directly in front of her. He leaned forward, his face inches from hers. His eyes almost looked like they were gazing into her soul. "Absolutely rude." The commander retorted back without even changing the expression on his face or tone of voice, yet it held much venom towards the blind woman. "It is appropriate to first reveal your name, especially to an officer of the law. Not only that, but to the commander of the law enforcement of this city." A clawed finger, deathly cold to the touch, lifted her chin up, her eyes now level with his face.

"To answer, I am Commander Faust of the Piqs. I only assume you don't know who I am simply by the sound of my voice is because you're one of the new arrivals that were scheduled to arrive today." Faust introduced himself, still obviously peeved about her manners, or lack there of. "State your name this instant."

OOC: Just call him... the claw! >:3

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

So this is the end...
And the saddest thing...

Stephen nodded. "I shall divulge my reason for entering this disenchanting abomination of a City, but only because you have resorted to a manner of speaking which I find more unobjectionable. I migrated from my previous dwelling due to a spirit of scientific inquisitiveness and a perception that the proceedings in the City of Loq would necessitate use of my expertise and capabilities. You see, I perceive more than the majority of commonality in this City concerning the machinations of those Voices which were asculated in the exterior of this hell-hole." He grinned lopsidedly.

"Additionally, I endeavor to notify you that my exhibition of ability a moment ago was in no way intended to deride you or suggest your inferiority to myself in any way. Your threat merely caused me to become ireful for a moment. I offer apologies." Stephen nodded slightly, unperturbed by the steely glare from Nick. His words nearly matched the intellectual level of Nick's, but although the SMs could clear the slur from his speech and the haze from his mind, they could not completely fix the haze of booze and drugs that had come over Stephen. However, the young man did seem sincere in his apology to Nick.

...Of the story...
...Is all of this could have been avoided...

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User ImageThe name's Nick, a*****e. ☠User Image

User Image

Nicolò ”Nick” Angelo

User Image
                              Upon the initial delivery of his message, Nick simply shut his eyes and leaned back, pinching the bridge of his nose just below his glasses. True, despite mentioning that he didn't really want to, this vantage point of asking for information was a bit more polite. At least in this manner, insulting someone was probably lost in a slew of intense and higher vocabulary that most individuals would carry around a thesaurus to even construct one sentence. Nevertheless, it got the message through. "Your initial perception is tremendously off kilter due to my own adverse evaluation of said City of Loq." Nick quickly interjected, waving his hand as if to dismiss his own train of thought. "Perhaps I'll relocate my ponderings to another instance of time."

His "exhibition of ability" as he put it was well studied and jotted down in the wolf's mind. It would come in handy should Nick have to recall it for any reason. "In the event that such a perceived notion develop itself within your intellect, I assure you an extremely high probability of nonsuccess." Again, a wave of a hand, as if he were avoiding the subject entirely. "Either A or B, I strongly detest exhibitions of such matters. It's an abrasive method of displaying aptitude of one's physical character, mimicking that of neanderthals. Truly abhorrent." For a moment, Nick removed his glasses. He growled up at the ceiling for no apparent reason, not even directing it to Lelouch or Stephen (or N'a, lest he forget him). It literally just... sprouted from nowhere. "s**t like that is just for punks and losers." Nick added with his rough sounding voice, completely devoid of his proper speech.

Placing his glasses back on, his eyes came down to rest on Stephen. "My memory recollects that your skill set incorporates vast utilization of microscopic mechanical-" Nick paused for a moment, shaking his head. "Organisms would be an inappropriate monicker for such creations." His eyes returned to the white haired male. "Mechanical productions. I'm at a disadvantage as to what classification of technological development these machines pertain to as my knowledge cannot determine a suitable archetype for them. Enlighten me as to what they actually are." He asked with intrigue, wishing to learn a bit more. In the past, the wolf had only seen the man use it only once or twice, but his books led him to believe they were nanomachines. However, he did have a lot of information on them.

Out Of Character:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

So this is the end...
And the saddest thing...

Stephen nodded at Nick's first couple of statements, then chuckled when he reverted back to normal. "Like I said, you pissed me off. But truly, I do know quite a bit more about Mr. Red and Mrs. Blue than many people in Loq. Regardless, The Sustaining Modules are indeed nanomachines, but belong to no known mechanical archetype in this world. They are intelligent, in that they recognize my DNA only, my red and white blood cells only, and my chemical makeup only. They could be engineered, given time to suit another person, however as of now, were the SMs to be injected into another, they would kill that individual within seconds, recognizing that their DNA was not mine, and attacking that person's red blood cells. They keep my disease, Porphryc Hemophilia, from killing me as quickly as it usually would, thus their name. To this day, I have lived almost two and a half centuries thanks to them. They have slowed the disease almost to a standstill, and have kept my heart and brain functioning properly. They are perhaps my greatest scientific achievement."

Stephen wouldn't talk intelligently with Nick anymore. It reminded him too much of his past, and he wanted the past to stay behind him. Not to mention the hazy feeling. The SMs were taking care of that, but it would take another fifteen minutes or so for them to truly get rid of it. He would simply speak as he had come to speak recently, and he knew the wolf demon would understand.

...Of the story...
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina finally stood up after having enough glum thoughts and turned to go back into Stephen's house when the smallest voice caught her attention. She paused, regarding the surrounding area, but saw no one. She first thought it was her imagination until she could distinctly hear someone inquire about who another person was. Marina took her hand off the door knob and made her way down the cobblestone street, leaving the broken dagger behind.

Marina was barefoot as she walked down the street, trying to find where those voices on the wind were coming from until she stepped around a corner. The sight of a clawed man leaning over a rather petite girl made her cautious. State your name this instant. Well, that's not a very nice way in asking someone for their name. Marina only then realized she was barefoot, but made no fuss as she brushed herself off, pulled her burned shirt up all the way and rolled her hair up into a bun so as to look more presentable instead of a drunk woman.

"Is there everything alright?" Marina had stepped out from around the corner with a "concerned" look on her face as she stood under a street light. "Sir, is there a problem?"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Anxious Friend

8,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

ξlianna Ῥoupee

~Blinded Angel~

where?: I dunno.. with who: An a*****e. mood: Shaken.

User Image

User Image

Her face distorted with displeasure. 'He's calling me rude?" She loosened her hold on Leo, and clentched her jaw as he demanded her to look at him properly. A cool metallic item found her chin, and lifted her face upwards. "I wish I could look at you, sir, but I am blind, so you'll have to excuse me." Her normally sweet voice has a sarcastic and venomous sting to it. "If you believe I'm rude with no manners, it is my own opinion that it is very rude to not only insult an innocent, blind girl who is simply taking a midnight stroll, but suspect her of causing trouble and touch her with what seems to be a weapon." Her small hand found his wrist, and hastily pushed it away from her face. "I'm sure I would've recognized you immediately if I could see, it's not everyday you see a man as sure of himself as you are. I have never known an officer to be so rude and blunt to a chaste citizen such as myself." She momentarily paid no mind to the woman who had asked if there were a problem. This man was the problem, and she wasn't about to let him insult her like that. It was this kind of man that she never could stand, even as a patient angel.

As she was about to turn away, she forgot her name. She turned her face to where his was so rudely intruding. "My name is Eliana Poupée. I am indeed a new arrival, and quite frankly, your first impression is not one that I respect, nor fear." Okay, maybe that last part was a little bit of a lie. But, she was angry, and offended. No one had ever accused her of being rude and without manners. Even the angels who exiled her didn't bother to call her that. She may be small, but she was still a woman, and she was very entitled to her opinion.

User Image

O.O.C.: I wonder what he'd do if Eliana called him that... Hopefully that was okay, but I know I would be offended if an officer spoke to me like that.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Ͼhief of Ҏiqs

User Image

Ͼommander Ғaust

User Image

User Image

Faust narrowed his eyes upon the extended period of silence between himself and the woman. It was starting to draw on his patience, his expression hardening just slightly to display an immense amount of agitation he had from being here still. Faust had other business to attend to, yet all of his time was being devoted to a simpleton who didn't know how to answer when spoke to an authority figure. Despite the amount of things he can say, the commander awaited silently for an answer that was long overdue.

As the woman spoke, Faust crossed his arms. Even as she confirmed that she was indeed vision impaired, to Faust, it was no excuse. He demanded an answer quickly, and she had spoken before. The woman was not mute, so an answer should have been given immediately. "Until I've confirmed or disproved my suspicions, any citizen is suspect to causing trouble." He replied and waved her next words off. The claw on his hand, though quite capable of serving as a weapon, was a replacement (for lack of a better word). Faust lost his hand roughly ten years ago, and though he wasn't entirely certain on the basis for using this metal claw as a hand rather a prosthetic limb, he couldn't say it was a con. Very much a pro, on the contrary.

"Eliana Poupée. I'll be certain to pull your file when I return to headquarters. A blatant disrespect for law enforcement was not included, I'm sure, so I'll take the liberty of adding the note." Faust said with an irritated tone. "I had hoped I would only have to deal with that stupid wolf and his gang, but I'll keep a close eye on you as well." A high pitched sound of sharp metal against metal rung out in the air briefly before Faust turned around. He had heard the other woman before. It was impolite to interrupt others. Was the commander surrounded by improperly raised children? How annoying.

Approaching her, he made sure the distance was appropriate between them, hands behind his back like a militant at parade rest. "Routine Piq patrol, and the problem was handed." Briefly, Faust shot a glare behind him. "What nature of business do you have for being out in your..." A pause allowed him time to analyze the woman before him. It look like she just woke up from a forest fire, evident from her burnt shirt and hair in a bun. It could pass as presentable to the officer. "... condition?" He put the term lightly. Whatever the Piq commander was contemplating in his head didn't quite make it past his lips. Perhaps it was for the sake of simply getting to the bottom of her presence here.

OOC: Once again, bein' an a*****e but in a more a*****e-ish way. And, I agree... mainly because I had an officer at a drill meet once be like that to me. That douche... >.>#

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

User Image

Nicolò ”Nick” Angelo

User Image
                              Nick simply shrugged when he began, though made a note of his knowledge of the two people of interest. Who he named "Mr. and Mrs. Sunshine" earlier were no doubt Mr. Red and Mrs. Blue, linking the association based upon the color of their attires. He'd ask about that later after learning about the Sustaining Modules Stephen spoke of. "Fascinating." Despite actually holding interest in the topic, his tone might have come up dull in reality. "Development of microscopic nanomachines to such a higher stage of intricacies would be no facile feat. Remarkable indeed, but if your life cycle is measured as you say it is, research and funding to provide for the engineering of such mechanics within the confines of the human body should be perceived as nonexistent in homo sapien time ranges." Nick narrowed his eyes slightly, coming to a realization. "In actuality, I conceive the notion that even a human being with a high caliber of intellect both of electrical engineering, biomedical technology, and human physiology could not contribute with development of even a similar prototype that is not exclusive to your chemical makeup."

At that moment, it seemed that Nick ignored Stephen and looked up into the air, gazing at the ceiling. He was contemplating, pondering, brainstorming, thinking. This interesting subject of those Sustaining Modules within his body were very interesting. True, no ordinary human had the mental capacity to sit down, plan out, and develop such highly sophisticated technology. It even seemed completely out of reach for even those with an infinite lifetime. However, the prospect and mere challenge interested Nick. Perhaps he could tackle it? Interesting prospect indeed...

Out Of Character:
Marina Bel'Fleur
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image Marina watched as the girl expressed her opinion to the official looking man with the utmost earnest and then she had seemed to catch unwanted attention by this claw man. Was his name Wolverine? He stopped in front of her, regarding her with blatant dislike and she stood with her hands behind her back, imitating his stance. Was most in this city a d**k? In hearing him demand the nature of her being there answered yes.

Marina lowered her eyes that would have looked as if she was ashamed, but in fact she was merely calculating. She raised her eyes as he inquired about her condition and by condition the reason behind her charred shirt no doubt. She gave an embarrassed smile. "I'm afraid I don't have a gift for cooking." Was all she said in terms of her appearance. She glance for a split second at the girl who had been flustered by talking with the officer; no surprise there. "I had heard raised voices and came to see the cause."

Marina knew nothing of the Piqs or whatever they were. The man's ranking among officials was apparent in everything about him as he stood with a rather large stick up his a**. She raised her head and looked between the two.
"Were my concerns misguided, Sir?" She asked. "Or should I go looking for other authorities?" She took a step back as if prepared to sprint away and cry out for help if need be. If there was one thing Marina had an uncanny act for it was acting.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ooc:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

So this is the end...
And the saddest thing...

The young man nodded at Nick's reasoning for hiding his scientific mind. His brow furrowed as Nick remarked on the 'life he'd lost' for it. "I won't pretend to know you, but I have a question that might...I don't know. Help isn't the right word, but whatever. My question is, was that life really better than the one you have now?" Stephen was tempted to suggest something about not hating the life Nick had lost, but kept it to himself. He felt as though he'd earned a small amount of respect from the wolf demon, but he knew not how much, and did not want to test it.

"Lelouch, take the bottles and the bowl and dispose of them." Stephen said.
"I am guessing you wish to be left alone, Young Master?" The neko said.
"I've told you a thousand times, I'm not your master, Lelouch. And no, but perhaps it would be best for you to go out into the City for a time." Stephen's mind was now fully clear of the effects of his indulgences, and Nick had placed some heavy thoughts in it. He could see that the wolf had been through more than he'd let on, and it reminded Stephen a lot of how he'd been at the school long ago. The place that had given his humanity back...

...Of the story...

Anxious Friend

8,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

ξlianna Ῥoupee

~Blinded Angel~

where?: I dunno.. with who: An a*****e, and a woman. mood: Shaken.

User Image

User Image

Eliana smirked at the mention of Nick and his gang. Now, he'd have to watch over her, too? Well, as much trouble as she would love to cause for this p***k, it would be a little difficult. At the moment, she'd love to throw a rock at his overgrown head, if she could see it. He obviously thinks that everyone here is trash compared to him, by the way he speaks. "A blatant disrespect for law enforcement? I was unaware that the you were actually enforcing any laws here, officer. I just thought you were being intrusive. My apologies." Eliana gritted her teeth to the sound of metal against metal, it was not a pleasing sound at all, but then again, neither was the arrogant sound of this man's voice.

The woman who had spoke before was now confronted by the contemptible man. When she heard her also giving him a hard time, she smiled. Clutching Leo, and leaving the comfort of the wall, the small doll-like girl made her way over to the woman and the officer. She wasn't close enough to butt in, if this woman wanted to do anything to irritate this man, she wanted to have a front row seat.Something was said about her condition, and cooking, so she assumed the girl had something that was burnt on. She asked the officer if she should find other authorities, and Eliana heard the shifting of feet. Eliana didn't move, but prepared herself for running away, if need be. She had come from the opposite direction, and she knew that there were 263 steps between her and the next turn.

User Image

O.O.C.:

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Ͼhief of Ҏiqs

User Image

Ͼommander Ғaust

User Image

User Image

During the exchange between the blind woman and this woman who lacked the proper cooking skills, a few Piq officers that had been walking by noticed their commander with the two women. Naturally, their interests were piqued, so they stuck around with a respectable distance. To them, Commander Faust was like the reincarnation of God, and they were unworthy to bask in the light of his glory. To probably others, Commander Faust was a complete uptight, cruel officer that imposed martial law unto anyone that was unlucky to be sited by him. Both women had the capacity to annoy him, the Piqs wondering the action he would be taking later on should they get out of line.

Faust never changed the hard intense stare of his eyes. "I s'pose a concerned citizen is in the general direction of a law-abiding one. I'll let that slide." He said, looking over to the sound of footsteps behind him. The blind girl had returned, running her mouth again as he simply faced back to the poor cook before him. "As I was saying, there are no other authorities within the City of Loq. The Piq force is the sole law enforcement within this city under my command. We are trained and armed to handle any domestic threat within these walls. All citizens are on the safest place on Earth, so to speak." Faust ensured, once again, never changing his stern expression.

For a moment, he contemplated both their attitudes. The files back at headquarters had extensive information on their powers and abilities. Despite not even knowing, they would pose no threat. No one ever did when they were against the Chief of the Piqs.

OOC:

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

User Image

Nicolò ”Nick” Angelo

User Image
                              Nick made note of his background. Mastery of an ability, of any ability really, at four years of age is quite impressive. He respected that. He himself had not become so intellectual till he was about one... in dog years. Wolf years. Nick had been deep in thought that he looked caught off guard when Stephen was offering the syringe. Upon closer inspection, the wolf noticed some movement within the small containment item. No doubt, the SMs were in there. It was a random gesture to Nick, though he couldn't help but wonder if Stephen was some kind of mind reader now. Then again, his facial expressions did sort of tell a lot about him.

Accepting the gift, Nick listened carefully. Stephen began explaining more about the construction of these nanomachines. When he mentioned having access to his large fortune, he raised an eyebrow, though further words informed him of the direction he was heading. The wolf simply nodded, not really one to object from an offer like that. However, the loner side of him didn't necessarily enjoy it. For now, he would swallow his pride for the intellectual pursuit for the reconstruction of a similar prototype. The prospect seemed more and more interesting to Nick, making him lean back into the seat as Lelouch was instructed and brought back the "Field Box", as Stephen called it. He gazed at each item, and once Stephen set it down and explained the next, Nick's hands picked each one and examined them closely while still paying a great deal of attention to his explanations. These tools would no doubt be a great start to researching about these SMs.

"The most excellent you provide to me is highly admired and accepted with no incident or objection." Nick said while examining the syringe. He twirled it through his fingers, careful not to move it too quick as if the microscopic things of science would break if shaken or stirred. And despite his curiosity for these machines, Nick let out a sigh. He was revisiting what Stephen said earlier. He kept the glasses on, yet his voice returned to normal, discarding his accent and higher vocabulary. "I don't hate my 'scientific mind' one bit. It's a nice thing to have for a lot of things... data gatherin', research, pursuit of knowledge..." The wolf trailed off, looking off to the side as he seemed to slump in the chair. A couple memories flashed through his head as he finally removed the spectacles from his face. "I ********' hate the life I lost for it."

This was probably the first thing he admitted to anyone about his past, though because he met Stephen before, at least it was something to offer. Especially after the generous offer the white haired individual gave him. "Whatever." Nick said more to himself. Despite what he revealed, it would appear Nick had no intention of revealing more. The shields were cast back up, and the once wistful gaze in his eyes became intellectual again. Whatever went through the wolf's mind was cast back into the vault, locked away for another who-knows-how-long.

Out Of Character:

Mega Noob

User Image
Stephen Moriarti

So this is the end...
And the saddest thing...

The young man nodded at Nick's reasoning for hiding his scientific mind. His brow furrowed as Nick remarked on the 'life he'd lost' for it. "I won't pretend to know you, but I have a question that might...I don't know. Help isn't the right word, but whatever. My question is, was that life really better than the one you have now?" Stephen was tempted to suggest something about not hating the life Nick had lost, but kept it to himself. He felt as though he'd earned a small amount of respect from the wolf demon, but he knew not how much, and did not want to test it.

"Lelouch, take the bottles and the bowl and dispose of them." Stephen said.
"I am guessing you wish to be left alone, Young Master?" The neko said.
"I've told you a thousand times, I'm not your master, Lelouch. And no, but perhaps it would be best for you to go out into the City for a time." Stephen's mind was now fully clear of the effects of his indulgences, and Nick had placed some heavy thoughts in it. He could see that the wolf had been through more than he'd let on, and it reminded Stephen a lot of how he'd been at the school long ago. The place that had given his humanity back...

...Of the story...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff