Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Hey guys I need another opinion before I go out and splurge on this ;3; after browsing the FMD website I found this gorgeous wig: Link to wig pics here

Only problem is that it's a boy wig, and I'm not sure if it would look good on Annalee with her new eyes coming in. I plan on getting a male SD size later, so I suppose it would be a good investiment either way. However, she has like no clothes and I'm wondering if I should buy her dress instead with the $40 I'm saving to buy doll stuff. Then again, I could also get some MSC and makeup brushes to do faceups. GAH! Idk what to do gonk

Fluffy Prophet

Yuna516
Hey guys I need another opinion before I go out and splurge on this ;3; after browsing the FMD website I found this gorgeous wig: Link to wig pics here

Only problem is that it's a boy wig, and I'm not sure if it would look good on Annalee with her new eyes coming in. I plan on getting a male SD size later, so I suppose it would be a good investiment either way. However, she has like no clothes and I'm wondering if I should buy her dress instead with the $40 I'm saving to buy doll stuff. Then again, I could also get some MSC and makeup brushes to do faceups. GAH! Idk what to do gonk

I can help! I have a wig in that same haircut that I put on my girls. This can show you how it looks styled in different ways:
photobucket 1
photobucket 2
photobucket 3
photobucket 4

I always enjoy getting wigs and eyes more than clothes, then again I don't buy clothes, so it depends on what you have less of.

Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
@Nervosalnk Yes I love Migidoll as well but Ryu was just so adorable and then I saw Cynical and I'm a sucker for bedroom eyes!

@Yuna That wig is beautiful! I don't really think there is such a thing has male vs female wigs? Even the cutesy pink pig tail wigs can be worn by male dolls Masculine vs feminine definitely, but your girl can definitely work a wig like that, it's all in the angle! You might have to shift it around a bit and part the bangs in a more befitting angle for your girl's face. What eyes are you getting?

@Finlet Those links don't seem to work/be posting correctly surprised

Fluffy Prophet

Starlit Noir
@Nervosalnk Yes I love Migidoll as well but Ryu was just so adorable and then I saw Cynical and I'm a sucker for bedroom eyes!

@Yuna That wig is beautiful! I don't really think there is such a thing has male vs female wigs? Even the cutesy pink pig tail wigs can be worn by male dolls Masculine vs feminine definitely, but your girl can definitely work a wig like that, it's all in the angle! You might have to shift it around a bit and part the bangs in a more befitting angle for your girl's face. What eyes are you getting?

@Finlet Those links don't seem to work/be posting correctly surprised

ah.. whoops I forget that it does that unless I insert URL. I'll fix it.
Here's my opinion on Licht wigs: gorgeous color blends:
User Image

Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Omg she's sooo adorable, that wig is super cute! <3
Starlit Noir

Your dolls are gorgeous! *_* <3

Hehe, sorry for getting a step ahead of myself. x3
This video seems to be a good beginner how-to, and there's plenty of others if you search youtube. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqca00LdmAc

There's also a decent collection on About.com in a course-like setup that shows all the steps with pictures as well here:

http://crochet.about.com/od/learntocrochet/tp/crochet-for-beginners.htm

If you have any questions let me know! :3 Once you get the hang of it I'm sure it'll be just like riding a bike as they say, hehe.

Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Thank you so much I'm excited! ^u^ <3

And I appreciate your compliment yty >w< <3 my babiiies *u*
No problem! Crocheting is one of my favorite things to do! :3 <3

I can't wait to get my girl (hopefully this month!) I've just finished a blanket for her last night and can't wait to make more. ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Finished Blanket by amaliee, on Flickr

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
@Finlet: Omg that helps so much. I think I might actually get it now. I just want Annalee to start looking more like herself. I hope it doesn't make her look too tomboy, but I think she could pull off a wig like that. I just feel like she really needs clothes and something to complete her look a bit more. (all she has are pajama clothes atm.)

@Starlit Noir: Annalee will be getting these eyes fairly soon (I'm estimating them to get here anytime between Feb.12-20.

Also, I wasn't sure if I had posted this pic yet. (I took a few like this before I straightened Annalee's hair lol.)

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Amandelie
4wendy

Yes it is so much fun! :3 I'm currently making a blanket for my dollie from a scarf pattern..but I plan on translating a bunch of hat/glove/clothes patterns to smaller sizes as well.
I've got a ton of patterns (mostly free) saved here: My Crochet Board
And then another one here that's really super intimidating to me at the moment but I want to work up to making some.. x3
Crochet Clothes

If you size down some patterns I would use them XD I myself found this really basic hat pattern on the internet, and I'm not sure how to translate it to a MSD/SD size. They do give the dimensions of the hat so that is pretty helpful for me XD.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Did I miss something? Like, the swap sign up and partners, or has that not come yet?

I mean, I totally understand not getting it done, it's just that I don't check here that often anymore and I didn't want to have missed it somewhere and end up on someone's naughty list.

Distinct Smoker

Omg glory glory hallelujah.

On DOA a woman offered to sell me her Frankenstein for the sane price as ringdoll, with custom faceup with the most subtle freckles and dark eyes. One other person wants him so i have to offer the best price, but hes super limited edition and even finding one being offered is amazing! Its the fullset and has his wigs and eyes. My bory is paid off, my raphael is half paid for abd i found my Frankenstein! ! What will i do with myself after this???

Fluffy Prophet

@ Radio: grats!

I'm super happy because my Makoeyes came in right after I finished Genesis's faceup. She's perfect! I put her in my Deviantart, link's in my sig if you want to see her.

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Ack - I saw the new pukifees today and I'm in love with Vanilla..must stay away. I have to order Minyhun or Soa will kill me! My boyfriend actually prefers the pukifee...and he said after we move and are settled in I may be able to order her. Two more weeks and I should have my refund, and I'll be able to order my boy. I can't wait!

Congrats Radio! It's great finally getting a doll you've wanted for a long time.

Finlet - Oh wow, she's so perfect. You did an excellent job on her vampire teeth. A lot of times I feel that companies add the fangs as an after thought and they look like they are out of place, but yours look like they belong. Her face up is so pretty. Now, I can't pick a favorite. You have such beautiful dolls.

Sparkly Genius

@Noir - I think that second eye you linked is really cool. Neat story, thanks for sharing! I cannot stop thinking about making a scarred character now! ;___; I would want her to have like a real serious reason for having a scar, but make her character be a compulsive liar about it. Like when anyone asks, she always gives a different bizarre reason and never tells the truth.

@Yuna - I definitely think that wig could work for your girl. I love girls with short hair!

@Finlet - Wow! I love that purple wig! Piper is such a sweetie. Ahhhh Genesis looks SO GOOD! Her mouth is just so fantastic~

@Radio - That's fantastic! Good luck with the purchase.

My friend linked me to this chibi making website and I just had to do Spore. Perhaps someone else would like to do their doll(s)
http://gen8.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Maker-1-1-346025144

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces