6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Spore XP
4wendy

OMG that wig spencer is wearing is so awesome heart

Thank you! It's a monstrodesigns wig, they're about $12 smile

I shall have to get one for Luciano some time. Would match his punk style perfectly!

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Saffron Blehckchah

@Wendy; Looking at BBB and RS's sites, I think he probably has 16mm, it's pretty standard for MSDs but for some it looks a little bigger than I like. I ended up getting my girl 14mm even though she came with 16, so I'm sure Luciano will look good in 14. 3nodding

I am assuming they are 16mm too just because they are quite big on him. The puddy in the middle of the eyes touches because their so close together. You really can't move them much either.
4wendy

Yes it is so much fun! :3 I'm currently making a blanket for my dollie from a scarf pattern..but I plan on translating a bunch of hat/glove/clothes patterns to smaller sizes as well.
I've got a ton of patterns (mostly free) saved here: My Crochet Board
And then another one here that's really super intimidating to me at the moment but I want to work up to making some.. x3
Crochet Clothes

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
@Lady Cressida: Well here's my problem XD I got a 7-8 sized silicon wig cap for my doll since I anticipated the 8-9 one to be slightly too big, and it seems to fit her head perfectly. However, her current wig that I got from Nine9 (an 8-9 Sseiren wig) slides even with the wig cap on. If it was just sliding forward and back I suppose I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it slides side to side as well. (Especially because her head doesn't like to stay straight and often snaps to the side when I mess with her head.) According to Bobobie the Elena sculpt's head circumference is 22cm (about 8.7 inches). So, in a way, that would probably explain the difficulty in getting a wig that fits her even with the use of a wig cap.

@Starlit Noir: Welcome back to the thread! ^_^ Wow you have a long list of dolls :O Most of which the sculpts I'm not familiar with (My friend has a BBB/RS Mei so that's about the only one I know of XD.) I can't wait to see them!

@Amandelie: I should probably learn to crochet, but Wendy hasn't taught me anything yet XDD

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Yuna - For Soa, I cut the toe off a child's sized sock to use as a wig cap. It fits her head perfectly and keeps her wig in place. Just thought I would mention that! I used a white sock to prevent staining. I don't know what size you would need for Annalee.

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Stokiaci
Yuna - For Soa, I cut the toe off a child's sized sock to use as a wig cap. It fits her head perfectly and keeps her wig in place. Just thought I would mention that! I used a white sock to prevent staining. I don't know what size you would need for Annalee.

I'm not entirely sure what would work (since I do plan on making her a beanie out of an adult sized sock in the future), but it is a very interesting idea. I wouldn't say that the silicone wig cap Annalee does have isn't keeping the wig on. For the most part the wig cap keeps the wig on her head despite the sliding. However, whenever I put her down I have to make sure that her wig doesn't slide forward (covering her eyes), or when her head clocks to the side (as it usually does) I have to pull on the wig slightly so her bangs don't look askew. I'd imagine the sliding would be worse without the wig cap, and I'm not sure if it would even stay on her head if it weren't for the wig cap. It's not too bad, but I would definitely like a tighter fitting wig or better wig cap.

Sparkly Genius

@Stoki - Aww, thanks biggrin Spencer is quickly stealing all of my attention... Woah, Soa wears 10mm? So small! The small eyes suit her face though. My MSDs wear 14mm, and so does Paige. I think Spore looks best with 16mm and Maddy can wear either 14mm or 16mm, she has really big eye sockets~

@Saffron - Yes, I would love to go on a Fate visit soon.

@Yuna - Hmm yeah I understand. I think if I straightened any of my wavy wigs they would probably feel coarse. Hopefully you can soften it up with product. I did not know what FMD stood for until I Googled either, but I recognised it when I saw @__@

@Fate - The doll cosplay theme at Anime North this year is Square Enix. Don't you already have some approriate cosplay for your dolls? I think it's fate (destiny, not you) telling you to go. XD

@Noir - Wow nice to meet you, sounds like you have a fantastic doll family. I would love to see photos and hear more about them! I am already impressed by the doll in your sig.
(We are quite active here)

Fluffy Prophet

I have to re-do this faceup, I hate the lavender! But I know some of you wanted to see my pretty little vampire girl ( I made her wig myself, she needed something special):
User Image
User Image

Sparkly Genius

Wow, Finlet, she`s so pretty! I actually like the lavender.. such soft colours look great together. And her wig is awesome! It looks so fluffy and soft.

Fluffy Prophet

thanks! she could pass for a ghost being so soft.

Distinct Smoker

Help! I need help renaming my new doll.
At the moment, his name is Samael. But when I look at him, it just doesnt fit.
I have these names for him so far,
Shax/Chax, Lahash, Paimon, Raum, Orias, Procel, Vassago and Gadriel.
And then Samael.

User Image

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Yayyy, Ophelia's new outfit came in the mail! Beyond Wonderland was doing a Facebook giveaway and I was super lucky to win this. :3 They are super kind and talented. <3

User Image

User Image

@Yuna; Yeah, I have to hand sew too, and I'm not exactly clear on how to make patterns so I just try to pin things on the doll and then take them off and sew. xD I like that with small things it's not quite as tedious, but it still takes me foreverrrrrr.
Hmm, I wonder if some wig conditioner would help soften up the wig? At least it's easier to brush now. :3
I'd recommend measuring Annalee's head yourself, maybe they sent you the wrong wig size from Nine9, or maybe RS has the wrong measurement. x.x She should be able to fit into 8-9 wigs, with an 8.7" circumference they should maybe be fitting a little small but definitely not too big. S:

@Amandelie; Haha, when my first doll came home I had to wrap a tissue around her, at least your girl will have a nice blanket. x'DD

@Noir; Welcome, glad you decided to come back! :3 We are definitely active here so you should totally stick around and post pics, I'm excited to hear more about all of your dolls! <3 You have Hani and Uri, awwwww!

@Fin; Wowwwww, she's so pretty! <33 My boyfriend glanced over while I was looking at her and was like "WHOA!". xD He explained this in Magic nerd terms, but I will translate to normal speech: she has a sort of haunting look; she seems both angelic and a little on the dark side. Which I think is a decent interpretation considering she's a vampire. xD You made such a nice wig, I really think you should make one to sell sometime. :3

@Radio; For some reason Lahash strikes a chord with me, I think that would be a good name for him. 3nodding

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
@Stoki - Aww, thanks biggrin Spencer is quickly stealing all of my attention... Woah, Soa wears 10mm? So small! The small eyes suit her face though. My MSDs wear 14mm, and so does Paige. I think Spore looks best with 16mm and Maddy can wear either 14mm or 16mm, she has really big eye sockets~

@Saffron - Yes, I would love to go on a Fate visit soon.

@Yuna - Hmm yeah I understand. I think if I straightened any of my wavy wigs they would probably feel coarse. Hopefully you can soften it up with product. I did not know what FMD stood for until I Googled either, but I recognised it when I saw @__@

@Fate - The doll cosplay theme at Anime North this year is Square Enix. Don't you already have some approriate cosplay for your dolls? I think it's fate (destiny, not you) telling you to go. XD

@Noir - Wow nice to meet you, sounds like you have a fantastic doll family. I would love to see photos and hear more about them! I am already impressed by the doll in your sig.
(We are quite active here)

blargggh
Yes, Ren has a Zack Costume, Kouji has a half finished Cloud costume...
I'm planning on a Kingdom hearts cosplay with them all...

-sigh- But.. the money! And the frind I would go wiht isn't going. ~.~ I can't afford a hotel between me and.. maybe my sister [since I would want her to help me with the dolls.]

Fluffy Prophet

@ Saff: I remember he liked Heidi too, and they are supposed to both have the same feel. Creepy, but not so much that it's unappealing. Tell him thanks from me!

Omg, it's been so long since I saw Ophelia that I didn't recognize her. She's so stylish!

@ Spore XP:

I thought he looked strange with his eyes blending but I'm glad you like them on him. biggrin I tried some purple eyes on him...it didn't work too well.
o: Spencer and Spore look so much alike. Also, I think the green in the wig looks awesome sauce.

@ Saffron Blehckchah:
<3 Soon he shall seem like he belongs. Eliza...I wants her....to kidnap. x_x I'm bad. Also, Ophelia's new outfit is the bomb. It looks awesome on her. More spammy please? >3<

@ Finlet:
She looks so pretty. I love how her wig goes with her eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff