Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image

J A C K S O N had noticed how crowded it had gotten in the bakery so very quickly. It was like everyone had decided to get something today, which was great for Khail, he was sure, but not so great for Jackson's patience. Not to mention he still needed to get to work, and get Ava to school before the bells rang. AND drop off that muffin to Gene. Poor guy. Jackson wouldn't know what he'd do with himself if he lost Ava -- no, he took that back, he knew exactly what he'd do; he'd find the culprit, and if Ava wasn't alive anymore, the man would suffer so severely, Hell would look like a bloody vacation, and then? Jackson would kill himself. End of story. Ava was his life. As much as he loved his friends -- what little of them he had -- he couldn't face another sunrise without his daughter with him. She was his reason for living, and he wasn't going to pretend it was otherwise.
            Hearing another's voice snapped him out of his dark thought process and he looked over to find Zoey. They often times played with Ava together. Ava liked the short red-head a lot, which was fine with Jackson as long as nothing happened to his little girl. Whether or not Ava actually had any powers was not something he wanted to think about. The day they came into play would be the day Jackson had to start that training field all over again. He knew -- mostly -- how to control his own abilities. But he had spent years of his life practicing. Ava was only seven years old. She didn't have that kind of control, and Jackson wouldn't have been all that surprised if something happened. He just prayed he could keep his little girl safe. No matter what.

"Morning, Zo," Jackson spoke lightly, his eyes moving to Ian and he nodded his head lightly. 'Bout as good of a 'hello' Ian was going to get. Jackson wasn't the most social creature on the planet. In fact, since Claire broke his heart, Jackson had become more reclusive. How he managed to make any form of friends, he wasn't sure. Hell, people were just stubborn enough to talk to him enough it seemed.
            Watching Ava and Khail, Jackson waited patiently. Now if it had been anyone else, his patience might have already run thin. But this was Khail. Ava loved Khail very much, just like she loved Zo and Kell.
            "That's good. Don't want you having a bad morning," Ava replied, smiling as he set her down. She understood, of course. He was getting more and more customer's, and it was difficult to handle them all with Ava on his hip and back. So, she waited patiently, stepping out of the way if necessary and smiling all the while.
            Ava smiled as Khail handed the pastries and such over to her father, which Jackson paid for, then smiled up to Khail when he kneeled down to her. Listening to him, Ava nodded happily, giving him a little salute of her own.
            "I'm on the case!" Jackson couldn't help the light chuckle that escaped his chest at her words. A sweet girl; definitely nothing like her mother -- oh thank GOD. Jackson wouldn't know what to do with himself if she ended up more like her mother than him.

Looking to Zoey when she questioned him, Jackson nodded. "Doing fine. Just picking up some things and taking Ava to school before I need to show up for work," Jackson ran a hand through his hair before pulling back his jacket and checking his watch for the time. He really should be leaving now. "Hope things are well with you too," Jackson smiled when Ava gave Khail's hand a shake, hugged him, then wandered back over to him.
            Her eyes lit up when she saw Zo.
            "Zoey!" Ava smiled happily, hugging the young woman's legs. "Good morning, Zoey," Her eyes moved to Ian and she blinked a moment, blanking on his name, which made her eyes widen. She felt so bad. Okay, she could remember his name. She could. Her mouth open slightly, she waited for it to come to her. "Oh! Haha, good morning, Ian!" she waved to the tall man then looked back to Jackson and stood on his feet, holding his hands to keep her balanced. "We need to go now, pop-pop! Gene needs his muffin and I need to learn more about the different layers of the earths crust! And my singles, squares, and lines!" Ava had always loved learning. Jackson was thankful for this. She did remarkably well in school. Had honors in everything, and was above her grade level in reading, as well as math.

"Alright, munchkin," Jackson smiled lightly down to his baby girl then turned his head to look at Zoey. "Perhaps we'll talk again later. Feel free to stop by after school's over. I'm sure Ava would love a tea party," he commented before nodding his head to the two and leaving the shop with Ava in tow.
            From there they went to Dr.Berne's office, dropped off his muffin for him, had quick conversation, and then left. Jackson got Ava to school on time, which left him little time to get to work. But why was he worried? He teleported into his classroom, which he unlocked and opened for the students to file in. Ah, French. At least it was something easy for him to do this early in the morning.

Hours later after Jackson have picked Ava up from school, taken her to dance, and just gotten back, it was time for that town meeting. With Ava on his shoulders, Jackson walked down the sidewalk to the town hall. He hoped they had found something on Maryanne. That poor little girl. They needed to find her, and fast. The longer she went missing, the leas likely she was to be alive, or to even be found. Much like what happened with Cronus's child, Vivianne. She was still an unsolved missing-persons case.
            Upon entering, Jackson found himself to be surrounded by too many people for his liking. In fact, it was a bit crowded for his tastes, so he just....allowed himself to slip out of the crowd unnoticed, where he teleported into a seat, setting Ava down beside him. Well, that was one of the good things he liked about his abilities; it got him out of things like that.

Jackson jumped lightly at the feeling of his phone vibrating in his back pocket, and he stood a moment to pull it out of his pocket and check it. It was a text message from Athena.
            Flipping open the keypad, Jackson responded;

To: The b***h with the cool Tats
            Ha did sound a little 'tarded.
            I'm inside w/ Ava.
            Be there in a blink.

And with that, he sent the message and stuffed the phone back into his pocket. As much as he didn't like leaving Ava, he could see Cronus up on stage, which he waved to the older man and he waved back. Jackson pointed to Ava and then thumbed out like he was going to run outside real quick and Cronus simply gave him a single nod before Jackson disappeared from his seat and appeared outside, just beside Athena. He leaned against the wall a moment and chuckled. "You rang?" He smirked.

#4682b4 || #9c9c9c
            Quote:
            Ava Outfit & Jackson Outfit Was going to wait to post everyone until I had all my posts done in my test thread but Miah is being a b***h..so...xD Here.

User Image

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
              xxxx DANIELLE ━ HEART !!
                  IF YOU WERE GONE IN ANOTHER LIFEX I DON'T BELIEVE I WOULD JUST SURVIVEX I CAN FEEL YOU NEXT TO MEX AND ESCAPE FROM THE WORLD I'M IN
                  OH IM AFRAID OF THE WORLD IM INX ONE DAY I WILL SEE HEAVENS REACHX ILL FIND THE ONE WHO LEFT ME SLEEPING X EVERY WAR WAS ANOTHER SEED
                  IF YOU WERE GONE IN ANOTHER LIFEX I DON'T BELIEVE I WOULD JUST SURVIVEX I CAN FEEL YOU NEXT TO MEX AND ESCAPE FROM THE WORLD I'M IN
                  OH IM AFRAID OF THE WORLD IM INX ONE DAY I WILL SEE HEAVENS REACHX ILL FIND THE ONE WHO LEFT ME SLEEPING X EVERY WAR WAS ANOTHER SEED
              xxx
                ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                    Dani found herself standing in the light drizzle of rain for most of the day. There were instances where she paused a moment under cover and took the sights around her in. The town was quaint, and Dani could understand why Jackson would move to such a place after the life he had had. Dani even found the place appealing in a strange way. It was a feeling of belonging unlike anything she had ever felt before. And look at all the interesting people there! Dani loved meeting new people and getting to know them. She had made friendly with an older gentlemen who was working at the clinic. Hey, while she was there, might as well get a temp job, right? She figured it would look good on her record, and it wouldn't be too bad to say she up and left medical school in France for this. But still. Traveling was good. Experience in other fields of medicine was good. Dani liked talking with him, though she quickly came to find out about his little girl, Maryanne, and she felt bad for him. That poor sweet man. And that little girl! Heaven knows she must be frightened, if she's still alive. Oh, how Dani prayed she was, and that she would be returned to Dr. Berne as quickly as possible. With a father like him, Dani didn't want Maryanne not to be without a father, let alone a life. Dani hadn't had the pleasure of such a kind man to be her father. Neither had Jackson.

Dani also met another man by the name of Chase. He was the sheriff in town, and he paused a moment to hand her a flyer and inform her about the town meeting. Dani sparked up a little conversation with him, being new to the town and all, and mentioned her relation to Jackson. Which only earned her an interesting look. Apparently Jackson had earned a...name for himself. Dani giggled at the thought. Of course! Town Jerk. Jackson was just a douche bag sometimes, which made Dani giggle. Sounds like he hadn't changed too much at all, actually. What big brother wasn't a douche sometimes? But he also had Ava, who was -- apparently -- very polite and well mannered. Very kind, and she often spoke to Dr. Berne so that he might keep up his hopes. Now that was the Jackson Danielle remembered; he was teaching his little girl the right ways; the ways of the Heart's. That was their mother in him.
                    The more she had heard about how her brother was now, the more she wanted to meet him. But again, she found herself unable to think of much of anything to say. So, Danielle wandered around until the town meeting was being held. She headed over after a while, noting how many people were actually attending. She smiled. It wasn't usual to see the people take such interest in things, but she guessed that's what it was like living in a small town; everyone cared about one another. It was like one giant family, even if they all didn't like one another. Then it really was a family. Jackson just happened to be liked enough -- or at least respected for working at the school, and having Ava for a daughter. She was his shinning glory. Everyone she had met seemed really nice and Danielle stepped into the crowd, looking around curiously. She wasn't sure where she planned on going, but hey! Follow the leader!

Following the crowd, Danielle found herself feeling as though she was back in France for a certain part of her trip. Crowds always managed to do this, not to mention, they made her extremely uncomfortable. People would get far too close for her liking and she quickly backed out a moment to wait for the crowd to die down. Touching people was not an option, especially in this crowd. Everyone seemed to be there, and below long it trickled down a bit, so Danielle tried again, making sure her gloves were on tight, her sleeves were rolled down all the way, and her scarf covered her neck. The last thing she needed was some skin on skin contact with someone accidentally and them going into some sort of seizure. No, no no no no, no thanks. Nope nope nope.
                    However, life really just didn't want to leave her alone. So, on her way toward the door, Dani stepped down wrong, which caused the heel of her shoe to go else where, and she found herself stumbling sideways not to fall. Why was she cursed with being a klutz? Seriously? Why?
                    Because when this sort of thing happened, Danielle found herself making an utter fool of herself, and this time was no different. Fumbling lightly into someone, Danielle looked up, a bit startled that someone was there, and even more startled it happened to be a guy -- and a good looking one at that. Oh yeah, best introduction ever.

Danielle blinked, realizing the closeness and jumped back, making sure that her gloves were still on properly, and that nothing had touched.
                    "Désolé! Désolé!"(1) Seriously? Come on, she just arrived in the states! Not falling into French was going to be difficult! "Ma chaussure tout simplement décidé d'être un imbécile, et -"(2) Danielle paused a moment, realizing he probably understood little, to nothing of what she was saying. A blush ran over her cheeks and she smiled sheepishly. "Ah, I am so sorry, can't help the French sometimes. New to English you could say, um, I am so sorry I bumped into you, my shoe -- you know how heels are -- I mean -- I didn't touch you at all, did I? I mean, skin to skin contact -- Not that you aren't lovely or that I wouldn't want to touch you, its just -- oh god I am shutting my mouth now before I stick my other foot in it," Dani placed a hand over her face to compose herself. Seriously? Seriously? Her mouth liked to run away with her like this. Could have been so much easier had she just decided to wait until EVERYONE ELSE got inside, then show up. So much easier. "I am sorry I bumped into you. Excuse me," Danielle didn't think she touched him....she was covered, and as far as she knew, their faces did not touch, which was about as much as she had uncovered. So...the chances of actual contact being made were slim to none. Good. Very good. She didn't need to accidentally kill someone. Again. "I'm Danielle. Danielle Heart. You can call me Dani, if you like. Easier,"

Quote:
                    outfit 1: Sorry! Sorry! 2: My shoe just decided to be a jerk, and --

OH I AM WORN BY THE WAR IN ME X SOMEBODY FOUND ME HEREX SOMEBODY SAVED ME FROM THE WORLD YOU LEFT
SOMEBODY HELD MY BREATH X IF YOURE GONNA CRY MY TEARS X IF YOURE GOING TO LET ME SEE THE SUN YOU SET
OH I AM WORN BY THE WAR IN ME X SOMEBODY FOUND ME HEREX SOMEBODY SAVED ME FROM THE WORLD YOU LEFT
SOMEBODY HELD MY BREATH X IF YOURE GONNA CRY MY TEARS X IF YOURE GOING TO LET ME SEE THE SUN YOU SET

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OH I AM ━ LOST & FOUND !!

Shy Saint

User Image

〉〉 GARRETT NOBEL SAIDYST 〈〈

❝every life hangs on a thread. its so delicate, and fragile.
so easily destroyed and taken away in the blink of an eye. ❞

lay your head down child...i won't let the boogeyman come
counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums

Even the sound of the rain against his umbrella sounded relaxing. It was something he didn’t need right now. He couldn’t be relaxed, not if he was going to surround himself with people. Was it bad that he was way to easily tempted by certain people? Maybe. It was one of the main reasons he likes to keep himself closed off. There was no one to tempt him, no one to trigger his power. Just complete and utter silence and loneliness. It didn’t bother him too much, it’s how he preferred to live, and there wasn’t much that could change that.
                                As he approached the Town Hall, he could see people had already arrived and were continuing to arrive. Talking a deep breath, he shoved his hands in his pockets. There were a few people standing outside, others making an entrance to the building. He approached it slowly, his dog following behind him and keeping his pace. As he got closer, he could feel his anxiety build. It was almost pathetic. Why should he be worried about such a large group? He shouldn’t, and he was acting like a b***h for just being anxious about it. Entering the building, he came to the realization that the crowed was much bigger than he had anticipated. Looking down, he glanced over at his Jar Jar before looking back up to view the crowed. Some were talking, others were walking around, and then there were a few who had already taken their seats. They all looked so peaceful. Normal.
                                Unlike him, he was sure most of the town had pretty decent powers.
                                An unlike him, they all trusted one another, or most of them did.
                                Garrett could never do such a thing. He couldn’t even contemplate the idea of trusting another. He tolerated people, but never trusted. It wasn’t so much that he thought people were heartless, but more as they had ways or getting under your skin. Driving you to a new level or crazy and tell you that you are alright while they did it. Moving through the crowed, he felt eyes follow him. After so many years, you pick up on a lot of things, and with paranoia, it even easier to pick up. He then stopped and glanced around the crowed, curious as to who was watching him. It didn’t really matter, but he wanted to know. Before he could spot anyone, someone bumped into him. It was just enough to knock him off his balance for just a moment, and to place his hands on their shoulders to make sure whoever it was didn’t fall on their face. As soon as they were both steady he removed his hands from their shoulder. Taking a step back, his eyes fell upon a quite beautiful brunette woman. She was tall, or taller than most women he had been around. Before he could say anything, she started babbling something in…French? He gave her a droll stare as he watched her go on. He loved French women, he really did, but there was something about the way they spoke, the pace, the fact that it always seemed to innocent. Whatever it was, it was amazing to him. Though he loved French woman, he knew very little of it. He wasn’t much of a talker, so he never wasted much time trying to figure out what every word meant. If they understood him where he stood, and he understood where they stood, then things were fine. They didn’t need to know their life story.
                                Well, so much for being unsocial. He could already feel that keeping a low profile was out of the question due to this incident, so might as well go along with it. He’s just have to try and not take her home.
                                “It’s fine, I don’t mind it.” He said, giving her a weak smile as he watched her. She was nervous, or just really not good with talking to people. Either way, it was actually kind of cute. It was weird to have someone talk with their foot in their mouth. No one really did that around him. Well, actually, there were times where he’d surprise women who thought they were all that. With just one look, he could have them babbling like an idiot. It was nice to have someone do that without him even trying. Rubbing the back of his neck, he looked down at her with amused eyes.
                                Oh! How tempted he was to flirt with this woman!
                                He let out a quiet chuckle. “Ah, no you didn’t touch me, though I don’t really think that would be a bad thing.” He said with a slight shrug, putting his head down slightly before looking up at her. Yeah, he was going to have to make a few sacrificed to get by this without a problem. “Don’t worry about it, really. There was no damage done to either one of us. Besides, if there was, I think we’d both be in in some sort of trouble.” He said, glancing down at her gloves. Every bit of her was covered. It wasn’t that cold outside, so that couldn’t have been the reason, and knowing that most of the residents of Devonshire Falls had some sort of ability, he was betting on that for being the reason.
                                As she introduced herself, he gave her a small bow of his head before taking her hand and planting a gentle kiss upon it. Old habits die hard. And she was wearing gloves, so there was no skin to skin contact for either of them. “Danielle. A beautiful name for a beautiful woman,” he said with a grin, letting go of her hand and taking a step back. “I’m Garrett.” He introduce-
                                Wait, where the hell did his dog go?
                                Looking around. Garrett frowned before biting his bottom lip. “Well, that’s unfortunate…” he whispered, his eyes once again scanning around the room, only this time for the wrinkly bull dog. Clearing his throat, he looked at Dani. “I seem to have lost my dog, would you mind helping? You don’t really have too search as much as keep my company while I look.” His brown eyes met with hers for a moment before looking back around the room. “By the way, if you don’t mind my curiosity, why exactly are you so worried about skin contact?” He asked her, his right eyebrow rising slightly in curiosity. She didn’t have to answer truthfully. In fact she didn’t have to answer at all, but if he couldn’t flirt, and he had to act normal, he needed to think of something and that came to mind first.

The boogeymen are coming!!
The boogeymen are coming!!

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
    User ImageUser Image
                                                  Jeremiah could look back today and wonder what he would have done without Elliott. There was so much within him that....was easier to suppress when he was around. Any other time? Jeremiah could easily become consumed by that darkness. It wasn't an evil that told him to do horrible things, like people assumed sometimes. He wasn't schizophrenic, and had voices telling him to murder his family -- because typically schizophrenia was nothing like that -- he was a man who held a lot of sadness; a lot of guilt. Being the man who killed his father -- the one who got feared because he had the gall to save his family before anyone was truly hurt -- it was a difficult life. As much as his mother loved him, she feared him too. He could see it. Every time he would cook in the kitchen -- cutting vegetables was a fearful time for the woman -- the only person in his small world who didn't fear him was his sister. Persephone was thankful; kind hearted, and thankful. She stood up for him when nobody else would. But things were never the same. Jeremiah thought about moving once upon a time. He had asked his mother about it, but...she didn't want to leave Devonshire Falls. Not with their abilities. They belonged there. Or, she and Persephone did. Jeremiah never really felt like he belonged anywhere after that.

Do you know what it's like, Mother?
                                                  What do you mean, Miah?
                                                  Do you know what it's like to be the most feared man in town?
                                                  Miah, that isn't true --
                                                  For the love of God, woman! Look around you! Even you fear me! My own mother! I did what I thought was best to save you and Persephone from that horrible man! I only regret taking life, but most certainly not taking his! He was going to hurt Persephone.....And I couldn't let that happen...

High school sucked. Everything sucked, to put it lightly. Jeremiah made little friends during his time in school, and even got to the point where he couldn't go to school without being looked at funny. People were quite around him, though he could hear their whisper's; he could hear everything. And that's when they started talking to him too.
                                                  Things hadn't been normal in the Lucio household. Miah had noticed some...strange things happening every now and then; like things going missing, and popping up else where. Or things moving without them being touched. Cold spots in the house, and a feeling as though he was being watched. It progressed slowly. He began to hear things, and finally he saw them. His first experience was frightening; a tall black shadow came at him, slowly; threateningly. Miah didn't need to guess who this was; it was his father. And he was angry. He wanted to revenge, but Miah wouldn't let his family be in danger, no matter how fearful he was of the man he had murdered. GO TO HELL, DAD! and just like that, the shadow disappeared, slipping between the cracks of the floor, and the dark feeling lifted from his home. His father had listened to him, or that's the only thing Miah could think of.

Things got better...briefly. Jeremiah got his bike, no matter the narcolepsy, and his mother began to stop fearing him. She realized that Miah wasn't that kind of man. He did what he needed to out of childish desperation to save his family. Finally she was beginning to get it. Miah got a job at A Novel Idea in town, and that's where he met Elliott; the first real friend Miah ever had. Jackson was next; the football coach and French teacher at the high school. He understood Miah on a level that nobody else did, and he was someone Miah could go to when he needed to talk to someone about things that....would normally scare other people. Things were good; better. But what goes up, must come down.
                                                  The accident happened. No matter what people said, Miah felt like it was his fault; he was the one driving. He could have saved his mother, his sister....he could have saved them. Instead, he lost his mother that day, and his beloved sister fell into a coma that would last many more years after it. Miah moved out of that house and into his own apartment, using his bike as an outlet for his anger and grief; he raced. Whether his narcolepsy was acting up or not. Call it what you like, but Miah did not fear death. He welcomed it.

I'm a mountain that has been moved,
                                                  I'm a river that is all dried up,
                                                  I'm an ocean nothing floats on,
                                                  I'm a sky that nothing wants to fly in.

I'm a sun that doesn't burn hot,
                                                  I'm a moon that never shows its face,
                                                  I'm a mouth that doesn't smile,
                                                  I'm a word that no one ever wants to say..

For a while Miah held nothing dear to him but that sleeping sister, and the camera in his hands. There was a time where his own life meant nothing to him, and it wasn't like he had anyone to notice the signs; what he was really doing. Miah distanced himself from people. He had been alone most of his life, he could handle it a little longer. It was normal; it was comfortably numb.
                                                  But then he stepped down to meet Miah. It was sudden, and he wasn't expecting it, but then suddenly he looked up from the dark world he was allowing to consume him and there he was, holding out a hand for him; Elliott.

Well if we take all these things
                                                  and we bury them fast
                                                  And we'll pray that they turn into seeds,
                                                  to roots and then grass
                                                  It'd be all right, it's all right,
                                                  it'd be easier that way.

And for the first time in many years, Jeremiah cried. It was like a crack in the levy, and finally things just....released. There wasn't as much pressure, and Miah found it easier to smile. And things got better. And they stayed better. Maybe not perfect, but damn near close; as close to perfection as Miah could achieve. Even with the guilt, and the fear of loosing his sister. Miah had happiness; he had Elliott. And that's where he was today; with Elliott. Because without him, Miah probably wouldn't be there anymore.

Or if the sky opened up and started pouring rain
                                                  Like he knew it was time
                                                  to start things over again
                                                  It'd be all right, it's all right,
                                                  it'd be easier that way.

So here he was, walking into A Novel Idea, a smile on his face even after the strange morning he had had. Why? Because Elliott. And Miah was greeted with that smile, and everything was okay; everything was good, and happy, and damn near perfect.
                                                  The only thing he needed now was his sister to wake up from her coma, and everything would be perfect. He could just live out the rest of his days with Elliott and his sister, and everything would be hunky-dory.
                                                  But for now, he was happy with what he had. Elliott was there with him, and his sister was still alive at least. It definitely could have been worse.
                                                  Walking over to Elliott, Miah gave him a kiss. After his morning? He was ready for that normal; something less painful and confusing. Which Elliott provided without a problem. Whether they had powers or not. For them? That was normal. Elliott understood Miah's powers, and vice versa. That was something Miah loved about Elliott; he was very understanding. Miah could talk to him about anything without the fear of being judged or ridiculed.
                                                  Smiling, Miah nodded. "Feels good too. I got a whole eight hours!" Miah laughed, knowing that some people might not think eight hours was a lot, but for Miah, it was. "Though I had some weird things this morning," Leaning in to return the second kiss, Miah blinked and laughed a bit at the sound and feel of Penny on his legs. Looking down, he chuckled a bit at the feline.
                                                  "It would seem so," and leaned in for that second kiss, however, it was postponed a second time.

Blinking as Elliott excused himself, Miah took the moment to steal a kiss on the cheek as he walked back, chuckling. Seeing Mr. Belmont, Miah waved back at the fellow and kneeled down and pet Penny a bit, since she was demanding his attention.
                                                  "Yeah, morning, princess," He chuckled again and then stood and wandered over to the front of the store. Victor was a real nice guy. Miah liked him a lot, and it wasn't a surprise that Rory would turn out just as kind with a father like Victor.
                                                  Miah happened to walk over just as Victor questioned if he was interrupting anything, and considering Miah's good mood? Of course he had to answer.
                                                  "It was gettin kinda steamy back there," Miah let out a laugh at the look on Elliott's face, giving his other half a light wink before smiling. "But nah, you're fine, Vic." Hey, Miah could make jokes every now and again. He may not have been as open as someone like -- oh Taylor -- but he could do it from time to time.
                                                  Miah listened to the two chat a bit and he smiled lightly at the mention of Gene's named. "Give him my regards, would you? He's been taking care of Persephone. And with the seizures lately, I really do appreciate his attention and care for her," It was a painful thing to talk about; Persephone and her state of health. Other than being in a coma, and these...random seizures, she seemed like a healthy person. Miah wondered what the seizures were all about, and why they were happening now. It was...a frightening thing because one of these days, Miah could just have Elliott. And that idea frightened him.

Laughing at the mention of Taylor and Rory, Miah smiled. "They'll get there, Vic. I may not be cupid, but everyone sees it. I doubt it'll be under wraps for too much longer," He chuckled again, knowing how Taylor was, he was surprised she hadn't all but tried making out with her bestie. Best friend turned lovers were the best. Just look at him and Elliott. It was like a two-in-one deal that Miah wouldn't dream of passing up. That'd be stupid.
                                                  And Rory wasn't an idiot. Neither was Taylor.
                                                  Smiling again, Miah felt better. Victor thought he was wonderful? That was a compliment.
                                                  "Thanks, Vic. You have a good day. It was nice seeing you too. Will do. Take care," Miah waved lightly and smiled. It was moments like these that made him feel better. Not everyone thought he was some crazy murderer. That was good to know.
                                                  Miah nodded at Elliott's comment. "Yeah he is," it was hard to deny it. Victor was a nice guy. Miah was fond of the older gentlemen.
                                                  Blinking at the surprise kiss, Miah smiled. And now it was his turn to practically purr. He loved it when Elliott played with his hair, in fact, it made it almost impossible to stay awake sometimes. It was something his mother used to do when he was a child to help him sleep, and he loved it when Elliott did.
                                                  "That sounds nice, actually," He smiled, eyes half lidded. He was determined to stay awake. He had taken his medication, so it wasn't like his narcolepsy was kicking in or anything. "Let's do your apartment. Mine is crowded," He commented, waking up a bit. He still had to tell Elliott about this morning. But that could be for another time. He would enjoy what he had at the moment. Smiling, Miah leaned in and stole another kiss. "And no problem. What ever you want me to make~"

And the day went by rather smoothly. Miah helped put up and organize the books down in shop in their rightful place, since people had a habit of not putting them back where they belonged. But that was normal. Not many people came in, which wasn't surprising. The weather wasn't exactly friendly, and Miah was thankful he didn't have to be out in it. Though he was getting excited about the idea of getting snow soon, considering the cold weather and rain. He could get some real good shots in the park of the snow at day-break. Hell, even some motivational pictures of Wylie and Kaiden playing their instruments would be nice. Then he'd feed them afterwards, of course. Take them to breakfast or something.
                                                  And speaking of food, Miah enjoyed lunch. Take-out Chinese, which he happily ate upstairs in Elliott's apartment with him. And so the day continued on. They were going to close up early that day for the meeting, so Miah stayed downstairs and messed around with the cats while he continued to check the books, or put anything back in it's place.
                                                  Looking up as he heard the door ring, he smiled at an unfamiliar face and continued about his business. Look at this. It wasn't even his day to work, and he was here. Of course he was. His bestie-boyfriend was there. Miah was going to be there.

Walking up to the front of the store, he over heard the conversation and smiled to the young lady, leaning on the counter beside Elliott. So, she wanted to work at the book store? Cool. Miah and Elliott could use a hand, especially when they got big shipments in and such. And not to mention the place could probably use a bit of a girls touch. I mean, they were both dudes -- and as clean as they both were -- they needed some help from time to time.
                                                  Though it was time to go, so Miah got their things, helped close shop, waited patiently for Elliott to give the girl some directions before they went out the backdoor.
                                                  He didn't know what the meeting was about, but he knew what he wanted to talk to Elliott about on the way there. "I had a visitor this morning," he started off. "Not sure what to think about it honestly. I mean, I know they mess around in the kitchen, and move things, but I don't typically see them. And they don't often talk to me," Miah was talking about his 'guests' at his apartment. It was something he had gotten used to over the years. It came with his abilities. "But this morning I had one manifest, and...she talked about Persephone," Miah had his hands in his jacket pockets. "Made the radio blast in her room, and in the car next to me. Not sure if I believe it or not -- that Persephone wanted to leave me a message..." Running a hand through his droplet filled hair, Miah looked up at the sky. It...almost frightened him. After all this time, and now a spirit was trying to communicate for Persephone? Did that mean...she was going to die soon?

Quote:
                                                  Holy s**t guyz, Miah feels were large ******** that song...omg...Outfit
    User Image

Shy Saint

User Image

〉〉 ADREANNA ❝ANA ❞STASIA NARSTIC 〈〈

❝ nothing in life is free.
if you don't take, you will never be in debt ❞

Everything's so blurry and everyone's so fake...
And everybody's empty and everything is so messed up...

More and more people were filling the room. It was kind of uncomfortable, especially since all of them looked like they had money, and then there was her and her son. Tattered clothing and worn out shoes.
                                Biting her bottom lip, Anya looked down at Nick who was watching everyone around them; an angry expression crossing is face as he looked at everyone. “I don’t like these people…” he whispered moving closer to his mother. “I know. But we aren’t here for them. We’re here for that missing girl.”
                                “Why don’t you just find her?”
                                “Because, that’s not how my gift works.” She whispered as she kneeled down next to her son. “Listen, this isn’t as bad as it seems. It may seem that way, but I promise you things will be alright, trust me.” The truth in those words was almost not even there. She didn’t even believe it was alright. Everyone in this town has a secret. Some good, some bad, some unbelievable, and not all of their secrets were their powers.
                                Taking a deep breath, she smiled lightly at her son before looking around. "Come on, let’s go find a place to sit. “
                                Taking her sons hand, she leads him to the seats, and out of the crowed. They found two chairs far enough out of the crowed that it made them both fee better. Taking a seat, she leaned back and closed her eyes, her son taking a seat next to her. The walk had made her exhausted, and it made her feet hurt, but it wasn’t like she wasn’t use to walking. She walked everywhere, even more now since that girl went missing. She never let her son out of sight. Not once. Not even if he wanted to play outside. She had to be there watching him.
                                If she lost him, she would die. He was all she had left in the world. No amount of pain could compare to the broken heart of a parent. Right now she couldn’t even believe what the little girl’s father was going through. He had to be dying inside; she knew she would have been. Either that, dead, or going crazy and losing her hair. She’d never lose her son though. She was always keeping an eye on where he would be next, and as long as she had a hold of him, he’ll be safe.
                                Taking a deep breath, Anya let her head fall back as she stared at the roof. One minute she felt relaxed, the next she felt a tight twist in her stomach. Looking over at the seat next to her, she saw nothing. Her heart sunk as she looked around the room for the boy. He was nowhere in sight at first, that was until she looked by the door and saw him heading out of the building. Jumping to her feet, she pushed pass every single person with a force like no other.
                                Nick was a smart kid, as well as a smart a** for as young as he was. He liked to argue with you, no matter how bad you might look. The only thing he was scared of was losing his mother, and more than that was his mother. Once he got outside, he took a deep breath and looked around. Most of outside was clear; there were a few people, but none that looked to threatening. Well, sort of. None that looked too threatening. Before the boy could get any farther, his mother caught him. Feeling her arms wrap around him and pull him into her he whinnied. “Mom! Let go!”
                                “Are you kidding me? With what you did? Boy, you are lucky you are alive!” She growled as she let go of him. Nick smiled lightly before running away from her and over to a man. Shaking her head, she followed after her son. “This is not a game Nickolas!” she said before watching her seven year old stand next to the man, almost trying to hide behind him. Frowning, she shook her head and stared at her son. “Such a small child yet such a pain in my a**…I don’t understand” She whispered before covering her face. “I’m sorry, my son…he’s…I don’t know what he is right now…” She whispered before looking at the man.
                                “Oh...wow….” She breathed as she studied his features.
                                He was…well, he was handsome.
                                Dark hair, a strong jaw, and piercing blue eyes. His eyes stood out the most to her, they were beautiful. Shaking her head to break free from her little trance, she crossed her arms over her chest. “I’m really sorry about this. He only clings people he takes an interest too…and you happen to be his lucky pick.” She said before eyeing her son. “Nick, get over here…please. I don’t need this headache from you tonight.” Nick shook his head and kept his ground. Then he tugged on the man’s shirt and looked up at him. “Please don’t move she’s going to kill me if you do.”
                                Pinching the bridge of her nose she nodded before looking back at the man. She was extremely embarrassed by this. Her son was something aggravating, especially when he didn’t want to listen. She had no idea what he was going or what was going through his mind, but whatever it was, she knew that she could trust the man her son was hiding behind. Or at least trust him enough to know he wouldn’t hurt her son. “I’m Adreanna, but call me Anya. It’s a lot easier to remember. An that’s Nick.” He said as she looked down at her song before extending her hand out for him to shake. Her power worked on people and objects. She knew past, or future whenever she touched the object or person, but she never got what she wanted If she wanted a certain detail about someone or something, there was a good change she wouldn’t know what it was.
                                Things were just random.
                                That didn’t matter to her though. Even a little bit of information was enough for her to know if whoever it was or whatever it was; was safe around her son. If it wasn’t, then there wouldn’t be much of whatever it was left.

Can you take it all away...
Can you take it all away...

Blessed Streaker

User Image
User Image

While he waited for the meeting to commence Khail decided to walk around the hall. Not really looking for anything or anyone in particular, just moving about aimlessly. He didn't mind the wait, but he did get a bit restless at times, just standing around, so he had to move. He walked along the edges of the hall, hands in his pockets, and eyes tracing along the walls. They were mostly barren, just plain wooden walls, some spots holding in marble or some other material Khail couldn't make out. Some of them were decorated with paintings of older gentlemen, maybe prior mayor or the founders? He couldn't tell you for sure, he wasn't up on his Devonshire history except for what he's experienced. So he couldn't tell one old guy from the next, was that a bad thing?

He stopped in front of one painting, a gentleman out in a field, staring up at the sky with a look of silent victory on his face. Khail guess the field was Devonshire before it was actually formed and buildings were put up. There was a few scattered battalions in the background, gun smoke was floating in the air as well. Was there a battle of this land? He never would've expected, a place like the Falls having a bloody history, it was just too peaceful here. Well peaceful aside from the obvious kidnapping problem, Maryanne not being the first unfortunately. But maybe that was too immature of him to believe, all history was pretty much drenched in red. That's how modern society was created, on the backs of one group of people and red soil. If anyone knew that better than anyone else it was Khail, his personal past was the same way.

Khail rolled his shoulder, feeling a sudden restlessness in them. Move along now, move along. He turned on his heel and stared out the large hall behind him, a village was forming in his absence. He knew the meeting was mandatory and people did care about this Maryanne situation, but he was still glad so many people actually showed up. Khail decided to lean against the wall for now, he'd get a seat later right before the meeting started. He'd just people watch for now, it was a small hobby of his. People could be pretty interesting, plus you could see some amusing things when someone doesn't realize they're being watched. Speaking of; Khail perked up his head as he spotted someone by the snacks table, right by his sweet platter. A young woman, he couldn't make who from this far. But she seemed very interested in his snack, how lovely. He was glad someone was enjoying it, everybody else seemed to busy to even attempt trying even a little. Maybe it was just a situation of right place but wrong time.

Khail's gaze lingered on the young woman a little longer, maybe for the mere fact that shared a love for sweets, he assumed. Then the unexpected happened, she turned in his direction and made her way over to him. Maybe she could sense he was staring, come to tell him off or give him a swift kick? Only time could tell, for now he just stayed quiet with his hands hidden away, a mild look of interest on his face. She spoke first, oh an accent, a fellow foreigner, their bond fueled by both of them being humans and sharing a thing for sweets grew stronger. He silently wondered how long she lived in America, as her accent was still pretty present. Khail had been over for a short while and had been taught english for a while as well. But his accent was still present in his tone and words as well, plus he still switched inbetween his languages throughout his day out of habit. At least you could understand what he was saying, had it been a few years ago he might've not been able to boast the same thing.

Then he realized he was starting to drift away from the conversation by focusing on his thoughts too much. He pulled his attention back to the conversation and Aureat. His eyes focusing on her mouth as she talked then up to her eyes, just in time for her gaze to return to his. She seemed to be rambling a bit, was she nervous by the idea of talking to him? He didn't look all that intimidating did he? Once she stopped talking he gave her a minute to breath, possibly relax, then finally responded.
                                          "Nice to meet you Aureat, I'm Mikhail, you can call me Khail. I work over at Sweet Sunday, that sampler is something I created and I'm glad to see you were enjoying it." He smiled down at her, he was a little taller than her, then slid a hand out of his pocket and held it out for her to shake. Then he locked his stormy grey eyes with her, admiringly beautiful, eyes that were some gradient of greens. "Now, would you rather I called you Aureat or Eli? Its entirely your choice." He gave her a slightly crooked smile, keeping his lips sealed though. He did notice the moment she spent staring at another man in the room, perhaps she knew him. "If you want to go speak to him I won't hold you any longer." He murmured to her, leaning a little closer to keep that bit between them, still a good distance between though. He really didn't mind if she left, he was fine on his own, no skin off his bones.

#104E8B, #A2B5CD, #CDAD00, #CD0000
                                          Quote:
                                          OOC HERE
User Image

Salty Genius

User Image
User Image

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

TRIGGER;; SMALL SPACES &&PANIC
with:: uhm... Khail at:: Wandering

Eli was a bit surprised when he actually answered, and in a polite tone. Her eyes slowly turned to fix on him again when she noted that he had an accent as well. A small smile played on her lips, a distracted one at that.
                                    "Oh the sweets were wonderful." She said, her gaze not unlike a child at the thought.
                                    She hadn't noted his attention or his watchful stare, as she had been busy trying to convince herself that it wasn't a horribly wrong decision to come. She played with the trim of her trench-coat sleeve, a loose thread. She had a habit of not really meeting people's eyes, usually in fear of what she would see. However, when she heard a question directed at her, she glanced back up. She opened her mouth a bit to say Eli, but shut her lips and tightened them a bit, considering. His accent made him pronounce Aureat in the most impossible way, a twisting sort of term. She actually quite liked it, and was surprised to quietly meet his eyes and say,

"Aureat " It astonished her even after she had made her decision. Usually when her parents or anyone else said it, it sounded too flowery and gentle and princess-ey. It worked when she was 7, but she grew up. However, when he said it, it actually sounded a bit more rough and poetic. She was overanalyzing it, but she often did that, so it was nothing new. She just enjoyed the simple things, and if you asked her, the simple things happened to be art, tea, and rain. And of course, speaking counts as an art. One art that Eli happened to fail horribly at, but an art no less.

Well, someone's ambitious today. She noted to herself, feeling a bit proud.

However, when he asked her if she wanted to leave and talk to the man she had been looking at, all of her pride and ambition dropped back to its former level at the thought of approaching another stranger. She bit her lip,

"Actually, I don't know him. Or anyone, really. I- ... " Her voice was drowned out in the crowd that seemed to be accumulating. She hadn't noticed, she had been busy talking with Khail. Which was surprising, because she usually was intensely focused on crowds and such, with her claustrophobia and all. However, with the crowds now noticed, she felt her heard pick up a bit and she bit her lip again. She tried again, louder, her voice tainted with nervousness as her eyes flicked back now to the crowd in general. "I don't know him. Or anyone, at all. I, ..." She faltered as a new burst of people wandered in, but continued, "I just moved here. I'm new to all this, really. I don't really get out much, I mainly just stay in my shop. It's the... ah.. " She racked her mind for the location of it, but was once again foiled by her lack of knowledge of the town. " It's nearby, it's The Acosmists' Identity..." She said, meeting his eyes for just a bit before glancing back at the quickly filling room. It wasn't that crowded, thank god for small towns, but as compared to her being alone for the last couple weeks, it was a big change.

"I don't suppose you've seen it. It doesn't get much customers, honestly." She said, with a small shrug of her shoulders.
                                    She wondered how many people the small town could fit, and when the meeting would actually start. She assumed that no one else had powers, really. No one brought it up, nor did her parents or anything. Of course, that caused for an insatiable weight of loneliness that hangs upon her ribcage, but she had handled that since barely a child. Eli went back to playing with a loose thread, and trying to take her mind off of the crowd once again, but it wouldn't work. The crowd was barely even one, but her mind magnified it beyond reason. Eli glanced back up at him, still not meeting his eyes. Choosing instead to examine his face in general. The height difference was not lost on her.

ooc;; She attempted to converse with Mikhail Lawrence c: And she's eye-stalking Garrett Saidyst. her shop has gone up in the master post, it's called The Acosmist's Identity and it's an art shop.

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
          T A Y L O R had enjoyed her time with Rory. The bakery wasn't much of her day, considering she was there only for a couple of minutes, but that was where her day really started, so it was all cool. Taylor loved the bakery, and going there to see Khail was nice too. He was a chill guy. And hey, Jackson thought so too, so any dude who had Jackson's seal of approval, was a downright awesome individual. They had to be. And Taylor would not disagree with Jackson's ideas; Khail was pretty cool. And cute. Hey, she could look. She was single, but considering her interests lied elsewhere, she didn't want to seem interested in other people -- it might, you know, lessen her chances with Rory.
          So, once Taylor finished her breakfast, she picked up her coffee and headed out with Rory. She needed to go grocery shopping, and she didn't have to talk much to talk him into going with her. Rory was always willing to do anything with her. So, grocery shopping with Rory it was!
          And that didn't take too long. What person wanted to spend their life in a grocery store? Definitely not Taylor, so she had a mental list of things she knew she would need at the house in order to cook; things Athena would like too, since they lived together and what not, and she didn't like cooking. So things that Athena could just go in, grab, or even just grab and pop into the microwave was a good idea. Hell, Taylor liked those. But she also had to eat healthy for her Burlesque job. She needed to keep up that figure of hers.

So, Taylor got a good lot at the store, all the while chatting with Rory of course, and goofing around with banana's and melons -- she's a burlesque girl, what do you THINK she was doing with the fruit? MAKING IT INTO A p***s. Duh. Hey, could you blame her? She was kind of sexually frustrated. Being a girl who's weird a** abilities come out when she's trying to seduce you is not the best ability in the world. Especially when they were kind of creepy. So, Taylor had a bit of a problem with that. Her sex life was going to be an interesting one, if at all, when she did find a guy. She wasn't sure if her and Rory were to get together. And she wasn't going to simply tell herself they would. That would raise her hopes too much. Besides, Rory deserved a girlfriend he could....get with. And Taylor wasn't sure if her abilities would stop that from happening, or what. Ug, ******** these powers. They weren't useful in anything else but going through walls, and scaring the s**t out of people on Halloween. That's about it.
          But hey, Taylor had other things to do that day. Like hang out with Rory at the apartment, or something. Considering the grocery store wasn't all that fabulous. Even with banana and melon penises. So, Taylor did her grocery shopping and brought it all back to the house and -- with Rory's help of course -- she put everything away. It was actually nice. And after that, they sat back in the living room on the couch and snuggled up to watch a movie. There was a town meeting later that night, but hey, they had some time to kill.

So, once the movie was over, Taylor checked the time and decided it would be a good idea to get some dinner. But instead of going to the kitchen to eat, she talked Rory into going to dinner with her. Which was, of course, lovely. Once they had dinner, it was meeting time, so they walked over to the town hall.
          "I hope they've found something new about Maryanne. They need to find that little girl, and quick," Taylor spoke lightly, holding Rory's hand as they walked. "Poor thing. It'd be wonderful if they found her safe and sound. Then Gene could get some real sleep at night. I'd be just an utter mess if my child was missing," Taylor shivered at the very thought. s**t, if people thought she was scary when she was trying to be seductive, then they would find out that she could CONTROL this power any other time she felt like it, and she would be a scary b***h then too. Nobody messes with the people she loves. Taylor was a very protective person, and she could murder to save the people she loved. Especially Rory. You mess with Rory, and you're just asking for someone to get mauled and chucked into the lake or something. OR TELEPORTED INTO A VOLCANO, you know, like Jackson would do. Yeah, exactly. Nobody wanted to mess with that.

Quote:
          Working on replies today, since school starts and I got stuff to do tomorrow for it...want to get everything done today. smile Outfit

User Image

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
              xxxx DANIELLE ━ HEART !!
              xxx
                ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                    How many ways you could say embarrassment? Well, Dani was standing there, thinking of every single one of them, because that's exactly what she felt right now. Damn and he was cute too! Why couldn't she just calm herself and speak, instead of bumbling on like an idiot. And in French first, no doubt. Ug. Of course.
                    But at least he was kind, and not a jerk. Which was typical for the cute ones. Dani was almost a tad bit surprised, but she smiled apologetically at him.
                    "Thank you. Sorry again. You'd think I could walk properly after all these years of trying. Guess not," She giggled a bit, though more so bashfully. This was definitely not how she planned on meeting new people, but this was life. She would go with it for now. And besides, it was better than having nobody to talk to. She was new here, after all. And she wasn't sure how she wanted to introduce herself to her brother yet.
                    Blushing lightly at his comment, she smiled. Oh damn her powers. She might have been a bit more...flirtatious if she didn't have to worry about killing someone with a single touch of her skin. "Probably would be a bit troublesome, though I could probably fix it given enough time," She thought about it. It was something she had done before. If she reacted quick enough, she could reverse any effects she had on someone. Especially if the effects originally were negative.

Introducing herself, Dani wasn't expecting the reaction she got. This guy was just full of surprises, wasn't he? Kissing her hand? It had been a long time since someone had done something like that, and it left her a little flustered. Such a gentlemen.
                    Smiling, Danielle curtsied a little. "Pleasure to meet you, Garrett," Dani paused a moment as he seemed to realize something and looked around. Wait, didn't he have a dog with him just a moment ago? Aha, that was what was missing. His pooch!
                    "Oh no, that's no problem at all. Of course I'll help," Dani smiled. There were a lot of people there, yes, but that would make finding a dog a bit of a challenge. Unless, of course, someone mentioned finding said animal. Then it would be just a tad easier, but you never know with animals. Dani thought about getting a dog once upon a time, or a ton of cats, but that wouldn't be very good. If she touched anything organic, she could kill it. This includes people, animals, and plants; anything considered organic,and living. And so, Dani had no pets. Sadly. Else she'd probably have a boyfriend right now and god knows how many animals running about her place. Dani loved animals very much, and when her powers kicked in for the worse, she wasn't very happy about it; devastated actually. Hard enough to know you have to concentrate to hug people, but an unconscious touch could be the END OF THEM? Not something she wanted to deal with. So, she covered herself up to make sure nothing happened.

Looking around, ducking to see if she couldn't see under the seats for the bull dog, Dani blinked at the question and looked up at him a moment. "Well, as upon my arrival in this place, special attributes aren't very uncommon at all," Dani smiled gently. It was almost odd talking about her abilities. This was really the only place she felt she could tell someone about what she could do, and they wouldn't look at her like she was nuts or something. "My special attributes deal with anything organic; people, animals, even plants. I can manipulate organic structures down to their very DNA. Though that's extremely hard to do," standing, Dani brushed her coat down so it wouldn't wrinkle. "I can heal people -- which is a better side effect of it, but if I'm not paying much attention, I can also kill people with touch. Skin on skin contact is not a good idea with me," she explained. "That's why I got so worried at first. I don't want to hurt anyone. Not again,"

Quote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OH I AM ━ LOST & FOUND !!

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
            W Y L I E hadn't been expecting the day to go as it did. It was cold, it was wet, and Wylie went along with the crowd she was forced with. Though it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Shaun was a nice guy. She enjoyed his company, and perhaps this would be a chance to get to know Kai better? Well, for what little time he decided to stay with the group. The mention of school made the both of them feel uncomfortable, but Wylie would be with Shaun. Nothing would happen, right? Well, not to her directly anyway. Wylie didn't want to think about it much. She didn't know if that group of boys were from the high school, or the college out of town. Either way, they lived in Devonshire, or rather close to it or something, and they pestered her a lot. Hell, they pestered Tanner too. Poor Tanner. He had some horrible after effects from his abilities. Well, only when there was lightning. Wylie had helped him once. It was an interesting thing, honestly. She hadn't quite expected to see an all grown up Tanner on the wet side walk, curled up and crying from pain. Wylie didn't know what to do with him, and she was even more worried when he told her not to touch him, his voice wrecked with pain.
            So, she did the only thing she thought she could go; she took him home. Using her darkness abilities, she transported the two of them via-shadow back to his apartment, where he was living with his brother, Cade. Wylie remembered Cade and Tanner both, but she was positive they didn't quite remember her. Wylie had always been good with memory...

Listening to Athena, Wylie blinked a bit. Powers? Huh, so everyone had them in Devonshire Falls. "I'm Wylie," she spoke softly, introducing herself. "I can manipulate darkness. Which....means a lot, actually, but it's all complicated," it was a soft muddle of words, but she was being vocal and open. "I don't typically talk to...many people, so I can understand that," Wylie looked back over to Kai as he spoke up too, and for a moment, she thought she was going to get to know him a bit better, but that didn't last very long as he quickly left the group. Standing there a moment, Wylie watched him leave and frowned. You know, sometimes it was okay to open up to people. Wylie had learned that since her arrival in Devonshire Falls. She was surprised how many people had actually wanted to know her name, or about her in general, and then worried about her. People were kind here. And though it wasn't going to happen over night - Rome certainly wasn't built in a day -- she was getting better. She could hold conversations with guys, and not freak out when a random one she didn't know came up to her and asked her a question. She could handle that. Maybe not to the point of touching, or something, but she was definitely getting better. There were kind people in the world -- kind guys too -- and she really got a sense of that here. "He's always like that," Wylie spoke, so Athena wouldn't think she said something wrong. "He's always on edge. We sing and play together, but I really don't know him all that well," did she want to? Well, of course. She considered Kaiden a friend.

Well, needless to say school was...something. Wylie hadn't been back to a high school in a while, though she did see a couple familiar faces. Jackson being one of them. It was...intimidating to see him. Jackson always did seem like the kind of guy who didn't like people much. And he certainly didn't like her. So, she stirred clear of him.
            However, after school, Wylie pretty much went her separate way, taking her guitar with her. She needed to find herself some lunch, which was thankfully provided to her by Jeremiah, since she really didn't make any money today. So she didn't have much of anything to spare. Chinese. Hey, Wylie wouldn't complain. She liked Chinese food. And it wasn't very often that she got to eat some. Typically Miah brought her homemade stuff, which was delicious, of course. So, Wylie spent her afternoon sitting in the park, eating her Chinese, and playing her guitar for some loose change. Which happened to work. She got a good lot that afternoon, which would help her get something else later, but she would think about it later. See how hungry she was. Her Chinese was real filling, and there was a meeting that night. Wylie may not have lived in any real home -- except some falling down, abandoned home near Cronus's -- but she was still apart of this town. So, she'd go. Especially if it had something to do with Maryanne. If Wylie could help, she would.

She arrived at town hall a bit early and sat herself out front. If she recognized anyone, she might pop up and join them, but she still wasn't sure. There was one person she didn't really get a chance to see today, and she was...well, eager to; Khail, the nice guy at the bakery. He was a real sweet heart, and Wylie often enjoyed his company. So, she waited for him to show up before she decided to head inside. Smiling lightly as she strummed her guitar, Wylie felt at ease. Today was a rather nice day. And hopefully the town would get some good news to follow up her good day. She wouldn't mind that in the least.
            It took a little bit for everyone to shuffle in, and Wylie finally spotted Khail in the crowd, so she abruptly stopped her playing, put her guitar away and started over to him. He was talking to some chick she didn't recognize, though she completely ignored her at first. She hadn't seen Khail all day. Walking up beside him, Wylie reached down and laced her cold fingers with his warm ones and kept her gaze at the floor a moment, before her eyes looked to him and she smiled very gently, still not quite...sure of herself. Okay, so Khail was the ONLY guy she could touch and not freak the hell out. Shaun could touch her guitar and not have her maul him into a million pieces. But she hadn't really been one to...touch him. Not that he gross or something. Wylie just never really thought about it. Miah got a hug periodically. Though it was always stiff and awkward, considering he was a guy, and Wylie still didn't typically like touching them. But...the hugs were good. The holding hands was a step. She was getting...better. And that was good.

"Hi," Wylie spoke softly, her blue-grey eyes moving to the unfamiliar female face. She wondered where Phil was for a moment, but then ignored the thought. She'd see her when she saw her. "Hello," She spoke to the unfamiliar female, though offered not much of a smile. She was...shy around new people.
            Her eyes moving back to Khail, she spoke again. "Sorry I didn't show earlier. I got dragged to school by Shaun and his friend, Athena," Her voice was barely a whisper. Was it bad that she honestly didn't care if she was interrupting something? She didn't care if Khail continued to speak to the other girl. Wylie just felt like apologizing first. It sometimes worried him when she didn't show. He knew about those other boys, though not the extent of what they do. She was positive she didn't want to tell him about earlier that morning when they chased her around and waved her shirt in her face, drunk off their asses, and made her extremely uncomfortable. It felt weird still to be partially naked in front of anyone. But for now, she was content, and she was safe. And that's what mattered.
            #3f4658 || #b8b7a2
            Quote:
            Bam. Wylie. xD Now I get to work on Rahel and Cronus.Outfit

User Image

Blessed Streaker

User Image
User Image

Khail cocked his head to the side slightly and leaned forward in a bow,
                                          "Why thank you." He stood upright again, his back leaning on the wall again. He was glad someone had enjoyed his work, he was looking for feedback wherever he could get it. He wondered if anyone else was going to try it as well, but Aureat's compliment was enough for now. As they continued to speak Khail took notice of a few things about Aureat. One she seemed distracted at times, or rather she was wary of social interactions. He was only assuming, but the way her eyes didn't meet his often, the tone of her voice, they way her fingers played with the threads of her coat. Khail had a keen eye and could notice these little things. His gaze traced over the crowd behind Aureat once more, then reached up and mussed his hair a bit, the meeting would probably be starting soon.

He looked back to Aureat, meeting her eye, hopefully she was feeling more confident now. It seemed she as thinking on something for a moment, before her preferred title fell from her lip.
                                          "Aureat it is then, well met." He gave her a heartfelt smile once more, but didn't move from his position on the wall. Though it had been for only a few minutes now he was enjoying talking to Aureat. Blame it on the fact she was a fish out of water as well, and was kind enough. He wondered what part of Europe she resided from, he could always spark that conversation with mention of where he was from. It was obvious to her that he had an accent as well, and wasn't originally from Devonshire. Khail hailed from Russia, Moscow; his father Russian born and his mother from France. He was fluent in his mother country's language, and knew some french from his mother teaching him and his brothers. But Khail was usually too busy working with his father to become completely fluent in the language, his brothers knew and understood the language much better than he. It was times like this he regret not spending enough time with those who were lost to him now.

Khail closed his eyes and curled his lips slightly into a frown, leaning his head downward some. His hands reached to rubs his eyes, his hands tried their best rub them lightly, they succeeded somewhat. But they were still rough, slightly callused, a bit dry from constant washing, cuts here and there, they were a farm boy's hands, a cook's hands, a worker's hands. Once he was done he leaned back up straight and sighed lightly, his eyes staring down at his hands and fingering dancing slightly, flexing them and unflexing them. They're not just all of those, these hands are....krovi muzhchin. He thought to himself, balling them up, then stuffed them back into his pocket. Well that was odd moment for his mind to go off on a tangent like that. He pulled his attention back to Aureat, hopefully she didn't catch him staring at his hands for a few seconds after rubbing his eyes, and focusing on her face or ground too long.

To move the conversation along and stopped any awkwardness before it began he continued on with her questions. Looking back over in the other man's directions,
                                          "Oh yeah? Huh...." He looked the man over then turned back to Aureat as she spoke of just moving to the falls and not getting out much. Ah, Devonshire seemed to house many of those types, Carly who appeared earlier in his shop and Athena. But everyone stuck to their own devices for their own reasons. He quietly wondered why Aureat stayed in, he didn't dare ask out loud. He met her brief gaze then thought to himself, "Your shop...yes, I believe I've passed it many times, I tend to walk all over the town just for the sake of it. Sorry though, I never been inside." He shook his head, he never really had a reason to enter the art shop. But now he could for Aureat's sake, or rather if he worked on his decorations more he could get some tips or supplies, the sky's the limit.

Now more people were packing into the hall and it seemed as though the whole town was here, aside from a few people. The meeting would probably be starting soon, he wondered if everyone was going to show up, and hoped Wylie would. He knew her situation was rough, not everyone in the town was the image of perfect Devonshire, she was harassed at times, and didn't have a home. So she might not consider herself an actual resident of the falls, still, he hoped she was alright even if she didn't show. He'd hate to have to fix any wounds or hurt anybody. At the thought of that he pulled out his right hand and rolled his wrist, pure instinct. Then he heard someone moving towards them, at first it didn't seem much reason to pay attention to as there were several people walking around them. So he figured it was just some random resident, but this person moved into his personal space and grabbed his hand, curling their fingers together. His first inner react was to defend or attack, his body trying to decide which to do first, unfortunately. But his mind held him back, pulling on the reins, so he just turned his head to see who it was, speak of the angel. Wylie, her eyes staring down at the ground, then she looked up to him, smiling as best she could given the situation. But he gave her one of his 100 watt smiles in return,
                                          "Devushka~." He tightened his hand on hers, giving it a quick squeeze, then gave her a one arm hug with his free arm, moving her shoulder into his side. He knew how iffy she was with physical contact, their earlier meetings beginning with her jumping back as he moved his hand out in her direction for a hand shake.

But he was just happy to see her, safe, he almost forgot about Aureat a few feet away. The happy display they shared didn't bother him, Khail wasn't really one for embarrassment.
                                          "I was wondering where you were all day, the shop was pretty busy today, and I made another creation I was hoping my regular critic would be around to try it. I'm not sure if its still over there on the table though." He tried to check the table but it was too far and buried in a sea of people to spot. But she was at school all day huh? Well that's something, it was good for her to get out and hang out with more people. He hoped it could help her some more, he didn't want Wylie to change completely it was just...hard to explain. Let's just be happy with her being here and meeting Aureat, Mikhail. "This is Aureat, the young britt who owns the local art shop, this is Wylie, a skilled musician friend of mine." He introduced the both of them to each other. This was good, new and old friend meeting, expanding his bubble of friends, it lit a flame in his chest. He wondered if anybody else he knew would show up to their mini group. With this duo of artists he almost expected Matthias to show up as well, seems like he attracted them to him.

#104E8B, #A2B5CD, #CDAD00, #CD0000
                                          Quote:
                                          OOC HERE
User Image

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
    User Image
              F O G encircled the area of the early morn. The sun had yet to rise above the horizon, and darkness still shrouded the world around him. Cracking his neck, Cronus sat on his bike, idling in a neighborhood that was unfamiliar to him. He was merely waiting for the signal, and from there, he would end someone's life. It wasn't anyone he knew, and in retrospect, it wasn't anyone he gave two-shits about. Cronus had adopted a way of thinking when on the job; if he was numb to the world, then he wouldn't feel remorse, or pain from anything; killing, or his own past. And numb was exactly how he felt right now. Even if the air was cool, crisp, and prickled his skin, he felt nothing of it at the moment. He had a job to do, and he wasn't going to let anything stand in his way.
              Gun in its holster on his thigh, he played with the strap lightly, letting it click repeatedly as he unlatched it, and re-latched it over and over again.
              "Nnn," Cronus practically growled out of irritation. His patience was wearing thin. If he didn't get the signal soon, he would simply tell the client to suck his d**k, and do it themselves. However, just before he revved the engine, his cell phone vibrated and he turned his attention to it.

Pulling it from his back pocket, he flipped it open and read the message. His client was ready. And all he had to do was fire his gun. Putting the phone back into his pocket, Cronus reached down and unlatched the gun from its holster and cocked it. It was time to finish this.
              Aiming upwards to the sky, Cronus pulled the picture of his victim from his other pocket and held it up, gave it a quick look and muttered a name before firing. That was it. That was all he needed to do. His abilities did the rest for him, and seconds later, his phone vibrated again. His mission was accomplished. His target had been shot and killed by the bullet he fired. The money was being transferred into his account as they spoke. Good. That's exactly what Cronus wanted to hear.
              Putting the safety on his gun, and re-latching it into its holster, Cronus let the picture dance in the wind as he pulled his bike out of the alleyway and onto the road, heaving back for Devonshire Falls. It would be a long night before he reaches his home, and by then the sun would already be in the sky. But hey, it was worth it with how much money he earned this time around. A good couple thousand, and that was enough to donate to the children's hospital a couple towns over. They really needed the support. Not to mention their own police force could probably use more money to help in their endeavors in looking for Maryanne Berne.

At the thought of the little girls name, Cronus's own heart ached. He had a little girl that age once upon a time. Vivianne Vasile; his world; his angel; his everything. But she was taken from him many years ago, much like Maryanne was, and never found again. Cronus lost everything after that; his wife left him, and Cronus fell into despair. Without the woman and child he loved, this world wasn't the same. Cronus hardened; numbed, and he was okay with this. It helped ease his pain. But he was growing tired. So very tired of the world around him. It was nothing but death and loneliness. Sure, Cronus had friends he admired, and loved very much. But Vivi and Elle were the two most important people in his life. And one was still missing, presumed dead, and the other had left him for another man, leaving Devonshire Falls entirely. Cronus was kind of glad for that. He didn't know what he would do if he had to see the woman he loved with another man. But knowing that it was true, still burned him. Could they love her the way he loved her? Could they hold her in just the right way, that when you did, she would become yours, no matter what she thought a moment before hand? Cronus could once upon a time. But she didn't love him anymore. He didn't understand why, exactly. Even after Vivi's disappearance, Cronus tried to stay happy for her; he showed her love, even during a time that his very soul was breaking within him. You desired my attention, but denied my affections,

Pulling up to his bar, Cronus parked his bike in the mini-garage out back and headed inside. Stepping through the back door, Cronus put up his jacket, ran a hand over his bandanna covered hair, and stroked his goat-t. He was tired; his mind, body, and soul were tired. There were only so many hours Cronus had to sleep, so he headed up the stairs to the room above the bar, where he was living. It was quite out there; peaceful, and it left Cronus to his own thoughts. Sitting himself down on his bed, he pulled off his boots and threw them to one side of the room before taking off his pants, leaving himself to walk around in his boxers.
              Turning, he reached over and flicked his alarm on and grabbed up the picture he had of Elle from the nightstand. Holding it in his hands, he stared down at the pictures, his fingers gently tracing the outline of her face against the glass.
              "Tell me now what was my fault....in loving you with my whole heart?" Cronus murmured softly, his heart aching still as he reached back to the nightstand and placed Elle's picture down. "Sleep," He tried to talk himself into thinking about something else as he pulled the covers over his aching body and stared at the back of his eyelids. What he really needed now was some rest.

When the alarm went off, it was about three in the afternoon. Plenty of time for him to sleep, and Cronus pulled himself out of bed, took a shower, re-dressed himself, and went out into town on his bike. s**t had to be done today.
              First he stopped off at Mrs. Bent's produce shop -- home grown fruits, vegetables, and all sorts of other things. She had a leaky pipe, and a bit of water damage, which Cronus was going to finish fixing today. Mrs. Bent had had a hard season this year, and the selection wasn't as good as it normally was, so she was a bit low on extra cash. This was what Cronus did with his spare time; he helped those who couldn't help themselves. It was better than sitting on his a** and wallowing over his ******** screwed up life that he hated. This gave him something to think about; this gave him self worth, especially in comparison to what he had done earlier that morning. In Devonshire Falls, Cronus was your go-to handy-man. If you needed anything done, but couldn't afford someone professionally to come out there, then he'd do it for you -- just as good mind you -- for free, if not dirt cheap. Typically he didn't like accepting anyone's 'donations' to him, as he called them. He was sitting on a pile of cash at the bank. Cronus was a rich son of a b***h, so he didn't need anyone else's money. He had plenty of his own. So much, that Cronus often didn't know what to do with it. So he donated it; gave it to charity and all that stuff. Or even just left envelopes of cash in people's mailboxes who needed it most. Like that new girl, Adreanna. She had a little boy with her, and when she arrived in Devonshire Falls, she practically had nothing. Needless to say, early one morning, Cronus had left her an envelope with her name on it that held about a thousand dollars -- because bills were ridiculous no matter where you went -- and a note simply saying 'From one friend to another. You'll have better use of this than I ever would.'

Cronus wasn't a bad guy. As much as he wasn't the guy you wanted to mess with either. He didn't take s**t, not from teenagers, or adults. You back mouthed him, and you got back handed so fast it'd make your head spin. He didn't take anyone's s**t, and it was quickly discovered, and then most people who would normally, either stopped, or avoided him all together. Everyone else? Just knew better, but they treated him fairly.
              Once he finished his work as Mrs. Bent's, Cronus walked back out to his bike, wiping his hands off on a cloth just as Chase walked over, handing him a flyer of some sort.
              "Evening, Cronus. Going to be a town meeting at seven. Can I count on you to be there?"
              Cronus looked at the flyer in his hands a moment, reading it over briefly with his eyes before they moved to the Sheriff.
              "I'll be there at soon to check on the lighting, and sound systems. Make sure they're in check," Cronus pocketed the flyer, watching as Chase smiled very lightly to him. They had an understanding of one another -- some what -- to the effect that Cronus was a handy-man until he died. And he planned on helping out the best he could. Not to mention that Cronus would often walk in there in person to hand Chase his donations to their home-town police force. "I got something for you," Cronus cracked his neck again as he reached into his saddle back on the bike.
              "Another donation, Cronus? That's almost twenty-thousand dollars already," Chase was surprised by the amount, but by the look in Cronus's eye as he handed the man the envelope wish his name cleanly written, he understood what this meant to him.

"I didn't have anything to give you when Vivianne went missing. And I don't know if it would have helped any then, but if this is what I can do to help save that little girls life, and keep another father from experiencing the same pain I go through daily, then this is what I am going to do," Cronus sat himself down on his bike and revved the engine, looking over to the Sheriff as he placed the helmet on his head. Not like he actually wore the damn thing, but he was sitting in front of a cop. "Don't worry about me, Chase. I'm just fine," He gave the man a light nod before heading towards town hall.
              He arrived at town hall early, giving him enough time to work on things before seven o'clock, which was nice, considering it was shortly after this that people began to show up and take their seats.
              Cronus was working on some lighting on stage when he looked into the crowd and noticed Jackson. The two were friends to an extent -- they more or less respected one another, and spoke here and there. Jackson had come into the bar on occasion during the summer when Ava was spending time with her grandmother and had a good lot of his alcohol. Poor lad. He was trying to get his attention though, and Cronus stood, looking at the boy as he waved. Cronus nodded his head toward him. A silent way of asking him what he wanted and Jackson pointed to Ava before pointing to the outside. Jackson wanted Cronus to keep watch over little Ava while Jackson popped back outside for what ever reason and Cronus gave a single nod before the man vanished before his eyes.

A light smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he plugged in the last socket before sitting himself on the edge of the stage, closest to Ava. She smiled at him, just as sweet as could be and the two of them shared a moment, though it was silent. Cronus wasn't the talk-a-tive type, and Ava understood this. Not to mention she was too busy looking at everything around the room, and at all the people who were filing in. She had left a seat for her father, using her jacket to reserve it, and another for -- whom he presumed -- Kell, Jackson's best friend. Looking up to the sound booth, Cronus held up a 'thumbs-up' to tell them he was finished. Everything was ready to go and working just as planned. They could start the meeting off soon without any problems. This also meant that Cronus could go get something to eat once this meeting was over and go home and to back to bed. He was still tired. Damn, he should have grabbed a cup of coffee before heading over to town hall...

#947256 - brown || #161d27 - Blue
              Quote:
              Outfit Jesus this was long...Rahel tomorrow smile
    User Image

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

User Image

“This pure insae mah mornin'.” Phillipa who preferred Phil said out loud to herself with a frown. She was currently looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. Her reflection showed a young woman with curly red hair, brown eyes, and freckles. A common image associated with her Scottish heritage. She poked her right index finger into her cheek and sighed. She had just gotten through a conversation via web cams with her mother. Mrs. Boyd who would never understand why her daughter wanted to be called my a man's name. After all Pippa and Pip were better nicknames. Phil doesn't mind being called either of those, but she is not a Pippa or Pip. She is Phil and we always be Phil. Her mother spent most the conversation making notice of how she thought Phil was getting fat. Yes, Phil knew that she was the skinniest girl in Devonshire falls, but she was not fat. Then again for as much as she loved her Phil did find her mother judgmental. That, and Mrs. Boyd had not been happy when Phil decided to stay in The States rather than return to Scotland. She did love her birthplace, but Devonshire Falls was home. Plus she had friends here, and friends that share her uniqueness. Even if their gifts were different than hers. They all knew what it felt like to have one or in some cases two. Unlike a few others in town Phil's gift was not that exciting. She could fly around a two large insect type wings or make herself smaller with the wings. When she was not using her fairie mimicry the wings appeared as decorative tattoos on her back. In spite of her gift not being as powerful as say Rory's shape shifting she still liked it. It was herself as all. She liked Rory, then again it was hard not like Rory. She did like him even more when Taylor was around. They were cute to watch together. Elliott and Jeremiah were also cute, but unlike Rory and Taylor they had confessed their feelings for each other. Phil had a couple friends, but she was closest to Wylie.

The two women could not of been more different for each other, but that only served strength their bond. Wylie past had been hard, and Phil had been well normal, and kind of boring. They had been friends for the past couple of years. Phil at times did hate how stubborn Wylie could be. There was no reason for her to be living on the streets. This was not the city, and plenty of people in town were willing to give her a place to stay or a job. She was lucky that both Sheriff Micheals and Deputy De Rossi were kindhearted men. There were some cops that might arrest her for loitering, and sometimes they did. Only to have her released by the town sheriff and his deputy. As long as Wylie was not breaking any severe laws such as thief, vandalizing, or prostitution; the two men did not care. Phil knew that even though her life style was different than almost everyone else, Wylie was good person. She was kindhearted despite the hardships she went through. Or maybe those hardships had made her kindhearted. She was pretty too. Phil loved how she could have her best friend model any clothing she had made, and Wylie would always look wonderful. If there was one thing in this world that Phil loved doing that was sewing. Place her in front of her Singer, and give her fabric and thread she became the happiest person in the world. Sewing was also sentimental to her. Her Nan who had passed away four years ago had taught her when she was little girl. Agatha Boyd and her late husband had owned a tailoring shop for over fifty years. The old woman had made sure that Phillipa knew all the ins and outs of tailoring. Since her own son was more interested in rugby then keeping the family profession. Gareth Boyd use to just laugh lightheartedly at his mother's dislike for his love of sports.

“Ah respected whit yer grandmother 'n' grandfather did, bit ah wis laddie 'n' sewing didnae interest me at a'.” He would tell Phillipa. Her grandfather did not object to his son playing, and soon even Agatha felt proud of him. As for her mother, well Cynthia did not have a creative bone in her body. She had come from a family of lawyers and lawyers was what she was. She and her husband were so different from each other that people wondered why they were married. Of course those people did not see her parents behind closed doors. The couple absolutely doted on each other, and their daughter. Who in their minds was the most talented young woman in Scotland and well in the world. Although Phillipa's family was more unique than most. Both her parents and their parents could do extraordinary things. So, it was no surprise that Phil could as well. Her mother could levitate, her father had super speed, and her grandmother had been able to control water. To the Boyd family their so called gifts were just part of their every day lives. Having them was normal, waking up and not having them that would be odd. Still they had to keep that aspect of their lives a secret. After all no one wanted to become a guinea pig. The day her father told her about the small town called Devonshire Falls where he had spent sometime in due to work, Phil knew she had to visit it. Her visit soon became a relocation of her home. She did go to back and visit her family in Scotland. When time and money permitted it, but she would spend the rest of her days in Devonshire Falls, Wisconsin. Phillipa glanced at her reflection once more, and stuck her tongue out at it mockingly. Screw what her mother thought. Phil was happy and that's all that truly mattered.

She took a quick shower and got dressed. Her outfit for the day consisted of leggings, and a pattern skirt, plain colored shirt, and a sweater. After her breakfast, she sat down in front of her one of her sewing machines. She had a regular machine, a Surger, and an embroidery one. She also had supplies for sewing things by hand. She was currently hemming the set of costumes Matthias had commissioned her to make. She could not remember what the play was, but it was set in the 1920's. The clothing for that time era was always fun, and Phil loved sewing stuff for Matthias. After all it was not like she could make a flapper dress for everyday life. So, sewing for Matthias was loads of fun. Plus they had a deal. Phil got discounted music and tickets for shows, and Matthias got a discount of tailoring and any alterations he might need. She finish the last dress, and inspected it. Pleased with the way it looked she turned off the machine. She folded and placed the garments in a plastic bag to keep them safe for the down pour outside. She put on her winter coat, hat, gloves, and boots. She grabbed her bag, the bag of costumes, an umbrella and head out the doors. Her footsteps sloshed through puddles that had been formed by the falling rain. After ten minutes she came to Clefton. She entered the music store and greeted Matthias and Mi Young in friendly manner. She stayed and talked a bit, before heading out. The rest of her day was spent at The Cat's Meow. A clothing boutique owned by Clara Marlowe. It was next to the salon owned by Charlotte “Charlie” Lake. Who was also Clara's girlfriend. Deputy De Rossi had come to inform her and Clara of a town meeting that was happening tonight. After her shift was done it was about time to head of the town meeting. Luckily by the time she left the store the rain had stopped. She left before Clara who had stayed behind to lock up the store. She made her way to the meeting place in the middle of town. The place was pretty much filled with citizens of the town who were eager to learn any news of Maryanne. Phil pushed her way past a group, and spotted Wylie. She was talking to Mikhail and the owner of the shop whose name she could not recall. She made her way toward them, and gave Wylie a kind smile before greeting all of them. “Guid day how urr ye mah dearie.” She said affectionately to Wylie greeting her in her heavy Scots accent. “Guid day Khail, 'n' a'm sorry a dinnae ken yer name.” She said to Aureat with a friendly smile. “A'm Phillipa, please ca' me Phil.”

Shy Saint

User Image

〉〉 NATHAN ANGEL SMITH 〈〈

Even outside, you could hear the whisper of AC/DC’s Back in Black playing just outside of the gun shop, Trigger Finger.
                                The Window’s vibrated, and the neon sign shook hard against them. Surprisingly, this was normal for this medium sized shop, at east when it was closed, just like it was at that moment. There were only two men who worked there, and neither of them cared much about people’s opinions, not even each other’s. Daniel Bravin and Nathan Smith, two of the craziest men in town, one was just a little more out of the normal than the other. The two believed in the supernatural, considering both of them had powers, but both also believed that sometime in the near future, things were going to take a turning for a worse.
                                People had powers, and both of these men were positive that not all of them were good. There were a lot of dumb-asses that were crazy enough to kill, and they knew that it wouldn’t be long till people figured that out.
                                It’s like x-men, but with a little more realism, and you know....probably genocide.
                                That’s one reason Daniel stared a gun shop. Not just to sell guns, but it was a fortress. He even had a basement with more weapons, which Nathan called “The Lovemaking Lounge.” Mostly to just piss Daniel off.
                                Sadly, in other cases it had been true, at least for Nathan.
                                Boy doesn’t mess around, not when it came to women looking for an exciting time. That was for damn sure.
                                Anyways, the both of them feared the worse for people like them, and even though people like them were perfectly capable of protecting themselves, they knew it was better to make sure people had somewhere to run. And when they ran to them, they would be laughing their asses off and going gun crazy!
                                “T-Rex! I can’t focus with that crap blazing!”
                                “I don’t give a damn, my store, my music my rules. Now shut up, or go home.”
                                Nathan glared at Daniel before rolling his eyes and shutting off the music. There had been some tension between them for a while. With that missing little girl, Daniel felt like he had an obligation to find her. The man never really said why, and maybe it was because he didn’t want people to suffer loosing family, but he’d go out almost every night searching different areas of Devonshire searching for a little girl. It was kind of heart breaking.
                                Nathan had hope that the girl was alive somewhere, but as ever day passed, his hopes were fading. There was always a chance that the little girl had a power of her own, and it could be invisibility, or something that causes her to completely disappear, but he highly doubted it.
                                Daniel’s jaw tightened. He stared down at his Benelli M2 that he had in his hands before glancing up at his friend. “Haven’t I told you not to touch my stuff?” He questioned, a menacing look sat in his eyes.
                                Nathan ignored the man and crossed his arms across his toned chest. “Are we going to that town meeting? Seeing if they found anything new about the kid?”
                                Daniel shook his head before looking back down at the shotgun. “Nah, I’m stayin here. I got better thing to do then waste my time listening to a bunch of people talk bullshit instead of takin’ action like they should be.” He spat, the bitterness in his voice was so strong that Nathan knew to leave the subject alone.
                                “Right, well, I’ma head on out. If there is anything new, I’ll call you.” Nathan said with a slight not before walking backwards out of the room and into the main area of Trigger Finger. The main part looked normal for a gun shop. The whole front had big glass windows that took up half the wall, and the door had a pretty good size window in it as well. On the window’s it said:

TRIGGER FINGER
                                “Every weapon you’ll need to raise a little hell”

It was clever, and brought people in sometimes, but there weren’t a lot of people who bought weapons. People had two man mixed feelings, and if Daniel didn’t like the way they looked, he wouldn’t sell it to them. The man had major trust issues, and it was kind of bad for business, but hey, as long as he wasn’t getting shot, he was fine with whatever Daniel decided to do. Unless it involved shooting him.
                                Besides, it wasn’t like they didn’t have costumers. Daniel would ship guns out to people or other businesses. Most of their time spent at Trigger Finger was trying to find new ways to blow crap up, or trying to build something stupid that would get the cops called on them. He gathered up his things; a lunch box, a camo baseball cap, and a duffle bag with extra cloths. Just in case there was an accident. Then, he headed out of the shop and to his black 67 Chevelle that was parked next to Trigger Finger. Daniels 73 Pontiac GTO parked just behind it. He gave a loving stare to both cars, still amazed by their beauty.
                                Hey, his baby was his life. The only thing that could make it better was his he had a hot woman in a bikini lying on the hood.
                                Yeah….that’d be nice.
                                Nathan tossed his stuff into the passenger seat before getting himself seated in the driver seat and letting the engine roar to life. God it was a majestic sounding machine too!
                                He pulled out of the small parking area of the store, then began his drive towards the town hall. He wasn’t in any rush, so he made sure to pick on some food on his way;
                                four cheeseburgers, two fry’s, and a soft drink. What? He liked to eat. It wasn’t like it would kill him or anything anyways.
                                Around a hour and a half later, Nathan found himself parked just in front of the town hall. The engine was loud, so there had to be a few people to know of his arrive. Whether they were happy about it was completely up to them. He stepped out of the vehicle with the paper bag that held the cheeseburgers and made his way into the building.

ooc; I'm am so sorry about how horrible it is

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
            Mornings were never something Rahel enjoyed, honestly. She worked nights a lot of the time, and she spent her mornings sleeping, instead of getting up and going to work or school. It was nice, actually. She had these thick curtains that kept her room dark while she slept, and an alarm to wake her up if necessary at a decent hour so she didn't oversleep, or something. Though she didn't mind sleeping the days away at times. Those were typically done Sunday nights, when everyone was going to start work up again on Monday. Yuck. No thanks, Rahel would sleep the entire Sunday away after working late Saturdays, and bam, she'd be content with life.
            However, this morning was definitely not a morning where she would be sleeping in all day. In fact, Rahel found herself rolling over and looking around her room at around two in the after noon. Her alarm clock was set to three, considering how late she got in last night from work.
            "Mmm," Rahel sat up, still a bit groggy as she leaned over and grabbed up her phone, checking the time. "What time is it? Mmm, two. No point in going back to bed now," She yawned, placing the phone in her lap and stretching up as far as her arms and back around allow. Boy did that feel good.

Scratching her stomach, Rahel sat there a moment before she again leaned over and pulled the curtains open and let in the light. This was probably not the greatest of ideas, as considering the little bit of light that was out was a drastic difference in comparison to her practically pitch black room, so Rahel winced, closing her eyes at the different.
            "Oh, gawd, ******** -- you ******** dumbass," Rahel snarled at her own self before she was finally able to allow her eyes to adjust to the light difference.
            Looking out the window, Rahel squinted her eyes lightly -- still not used to the light completely -- only to find it was pouring rain outside. Which meant it was probably cold outside too. Great. But that wasn't a big deal to Rahel. She lived up North for a long while, so cold was not the biggest problem for her. She was used to it by now. In fact, Rahel often liked the colder months because it made it easier to get warmer for her. Rahel couldn't get cool as fast as she could get warm. Made the winter months nice and comfortable for her.
            Slipping out of bed, Rahel walked her bare naked a** over to the bathroom and started the shower. A warm shower would help her wake up, and then she'd find something to do with herself. Not sure what, but she'd do something.

Rahel got into the warm shower and did what she needed to make herself squeeky clean, and presentable before she stepped out, dried off her hair and body, and walked back into her room. Not like she cared that she was still butt a** naked in front of a window. She didn't have many neighbors on that side. So, nobody to see.
            Changing into something more appropriate for the public's eye, Rahel cracked her neck and then stood in front of the mirror and played with her hair and some gel. Having real short hair was nice. Rahel didn't have to do much to it to make it look good. Thankfully. Spending her morning making up her hair and make up would have just pissed her off something fierce. So, Rahel finished up her hair, washed her hands of the extra gel, and then did her make up before she ventured out into the kitchen. The whole place was silent, considering she didn't have any roommates, thank god, and she smiled at the ready pot of coffee on the counter. Rahel typically made her coffee maker start making coffee around two so it was nice and hot for her when she got up.
            Pouring herself a cup, Rahel added creamer and that was about it before she walked around her apartment, made sure she had everything she needed on her, including that the place the clean -- because she could be a bit of a neat freak sometimes -- and that her cat, skittles, was fed and had clean water.

Skittles, a very fluffy multi-colored male feline meowed lightly to her as he waddled his way over to his food dish and began to eat.
            "Who's my good boy?" she smiled happily as she petted him, giggling at the noises he would make. He was one of those cats who made meowing noises while he ate if you touched him, so Rahel often did it while he ate so she could hear his cute noises. He was her baby boy. The only reason he wasn't fast asleep with her in bed this morning was probably because she shut her door upon entry and went to sleep immediately when she got home. Skittles was most likely off doing something else at the time. "Love you, Skittles. I'll be back later," She scratched the feline behind his ears before she finished off the rest of her coffee, placed the cup in the sink, and headed down into town. She wanted to pick up some things for her lighting back at the club. A couple of bulbs had gone out last night thanks to Taylor's special abilities. No problem. Rahel had powers too she needed to keep in check.
            Pulling out her phone, Rahel came to find a call from the Mayor there. Something about a meeting in Town hall at seven, and the sound booth needed to be monitored. And considering Rahel's job, figured she'd be the best candidate for the job. So, Rahel called the woman back and left her a message that she'd be there at five fourty-five in order to check everything out and make sure it was set up properly. But for now, Rahel had some things to do.

Rahel got the bulbs, brought them back to Le Tardis, and replaced them quickly. It didn't take too long. Grabbing herself a bite to eat, Rahel then took the time to head over to the town hall, where she found Cronus. He was helping work on sound, lights, electrical and what have you. He was always someone who you could rely on. If Rahel had any problem with equipment, she often fixed it herself, or she'd go give him a call. So, she was going to be working with him now, huh? That was fine. "Yo, Cronus, my man," Rahel smiled as she walked down the isle way towards the stage. Cronus, who had been working on lighting looked up as she spoke and nodded his head toward her. Cronus was never a man for much words, unfortunately. And Rahel was a woman of many. "Hows it?" Rahel paused a moment beside him and Cronus nodded lightly.
            "Fine. You?"
            "Doing good. Gonna work on the sound booth tonight. Everything ready?"
            Cronus looked up from his current work and looked up at the booth before he looked around. "No, not yet. I was working on the lighting. Head up to the sound booth and check things out, If you have any problems, let me know," and with that, Cronus went back to his work.

Rahel nodded, hopping off stage and heading up to the sound booth and began to play around, asking Cronus to test out the microphones from time to time to see if they worked and what not. With the two of them working, they had everything pretty much ready to go as people began to file in. After a while, the place was pretty much full, and Rahel was up in the sound booth, waiting for everything to begin. If anything were to go wrong, she would be able to work it out from there. Smiling lightly, Rahel nodded when Cronus gave her a thumbs up. Good. Everything was ready.
            Stepping out of the booth, Rahel cracked her neck and looked around. Now, she needed to find some familiar faces -- or some hot not so familiar faces. Which ever came first.

#e39445 || #3f1833
            Quote:
            Outfit If anyone wants to talk to Rahel, now would be the time xD
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items