Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Kailee shouted his name. As she did, her arms closed around him. Her embrace, though consciously he knew it was friendly, was unexpected and constricting. His reaction was instant and owed absolutely nothing to thought. The suitcase clattered to the ground as he released it. Fist clenched near his body, his free arm rose between them and he used his forearm to break her grip and shove her roughly away. He staggered back. The dog jerked him to the side, changing his momentum enough that he avoided falling down the stairs. Once he regained his footing, only his racing heartbeat gave any clue that he had acted in panic. “Don’t touch me,” he snarled.

There was a brief, uncomfortable pause. As the seconds ticked past, Davik shoved aside the sensation of having a warm body that close to him and returned gratefully to feeling only the chill of the house’s dead air. The violent anger began to subside. It was replaced by wariness, tension, but not shame. He wasn’t ashamed. He didn’t feel sorry. Kailee broke the silence by forcing out a comment about the rooms and how they were laid out. Downstairs, the door opened and someone shouted. The blind man spun on his heel to face whatever would soon be coming up the stairs. The dog stepped forward a little. Her wagging tail thumped against the backs of his knees. They smelled friendly, then. Davik replayed the voice in his head. Jonathan – had to be Jonathan. Kailee swore cheerfully at him and kept on babbling about the house and how far away it was from anything, how late they could stay up, how the rooms were arranged. By colour.

Bloody brilliant,” Davik said flatly, unimpressed. He crossed the landing, found his suitcase, then went to the nearest wall and walked along it until he came to a door. That one would be his room. He dropped his suitcase inside. There was no use unpacking until he learned the room, and he didn’t feel like learning much of anything right now. Instead, he released the dog’s harness and listened to her bound away. He returned to the landing under his own power, hands shoved deep into his pockets.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can shake your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee recoiled at Davik's reaction to her. Why was he being such a munch? She glared at him, not like it made that much of a different, crossing her arms and staring at him sternly. He was blind, why was she giving him the silent treatment and glaring at him? It was pointless, and at this point, childish. They were both adults here, and she needed to start acting like one, even if he didn't. She sighed heavily, hanging her head and tracking his movements with her eyes as he claimed his bedroom. Fine. He wanted to be that way? He could be that way. See how much she gave a damn. Kailee was known for having a stubborn streak in her, and to hell if he was going to ruin their reunion. This meeting was all she had to look forward to in a long time. Kai looked at Jonathan, then ducked her head and nervously rubbed at her wedding band. It was uncomfortable wearing it, especially now that he was dead, but she had to keep up appearances. Appearances mostly meant looking sad and pathetic every time the cops rolled around with less and less evidence as to where he could have possibly 'gone.' In the end, it was a cold case. She liked it better that way.

When Davik returned, she crossed her arms over her chest again. "Davik, I don't know what crawled up your a** this morning, but you need to go wrench it out. There's no need to be a total d**k. Everyone likes my hugs." She added the humor at the end, tipping her chin upwards and grinning mischievously, despite his lack of being able to see it. The lilt in her voice said it all. It was a cross between scolding him and still keeping a bit of peace. As irritated as she was with him, she would try to keep from fighting with him (as much as possible, anyways, no promises) for the sake of everyone else's sanity. It was so weird to her. He normally was even tempered and generally very sweet. What was wrong with him now? Was it the blindness? No. Going blind didn't make people assholes. Being bitter made them assholes. What was he so bitter about? Whatever made him blind? If so, why was he taking it out on her? If he didn't want to be there, he didn't have to come. Kailee squinted at him, for once glad that he couldn't catch her stare. Jonathan might, but if she knew him he wouldn't really mention it. At least she hoped.

"It's just us for now. We can go downstairs and wait for the others, if you two want. Or we could creep at the top of the stairs." [/color
]She grinned a little, plopping herself to sit at the head of the stairs, watching from the top and waiting to see if the door would fly open any time soon.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Kailee had tackled/ hugged him, and Jonathan gave a light chuckle and hugged her back. “Good to see you guys.” He said with a smile, almost reaching out to pat Davik on the back, but stopped when he saw Davik’s reaction to Kailee touching him. Jonathan gave a frown; That was no way to start acting.

Davik walked off and Jonathan took the moment to look at Kaille and smile. He was about to say something when Davik, just as quickly as he left, returned. Kai mentioned about moving and setting up downstairs. Jonathan gave a nod.

“Sure. Let me place my bag though.” He said, moving past Kai, “You said you had the red room, right?” He gave a smirk, looking in each room to find his new living space. He picked the one that connected to the red room- The blue room. The walls were a light sky blue, while the bed sheets were a yellow with a dark black-blue trim. He set his backpack and his helmet on the bed, and walked back to Kai and Davik.

When Jonathan returned, Kai was sitting on the stairs. He smiled, and leaned down, placing his hands on each of her shoulders. “Come on ya creep. Lets go sit somewhere more comfy.” He looked over at Davik. “You too, Davi~” He cooed, a smile on his face.

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!

Kailee glanced up when there were hands on her shoulders, smiling wryly at Jonathan. "Well then, let's go kids." She popped up off the step, turning and glancing at Davik for a moment when Jonathan teased him. Whether he snapped at him was a hit and miss occurrence, it seemed. Then again, they were adults, and could deal with it. Kai shrugged her shoulders, shot a smile at Jonathan, then scrambled down the stairs. "This place is amazing, isn't it?" She called from the bottom step, finally kicking her shoes off and tossing them somewhere near the door. It really was huge compared even to her spacious home back west. She had moved so far away from their hometown when she married, thinking it was going to be like a fairytale and that they didn't need anyone but each other. In the end...all she had left was herself and her friends. Maybe it was better that way. That was if they showed up, anyways. She pouted her lips in thought, looking around for a moment.

"Living room, guys! I'll get a fire going so we don't freeze to death. Also! Stay the hell out of the basement! Everything else is cool!"
She called as she scrambled around, her socks sliding on the freshly waxed floors, causing her to skid just short of slamming into the living room door. Her heart pounded, catching a whiff of that 'I'm gonna fall and die' feeling. The 'chair has tipped back too far' feeling. It was not her favorite thing. She flushed pink for a moment, then yanked the door open. The sitting room alone was bigger than her first floor at home. With a grand fireplace, big enough to stand full height inside, complete with a flue shaped like a lion's head and what, to Kai, seemed to be oversized furniture near it. One chair could seat two people comfortably, due to its width. It was all too much for her, being real leather and carefully stitched. Things she just couldn't afford, even with a vet's salary.

She scrambled into the room, running and jumping onto one of the shorter couches. She lay flat on her back, pulling her legs up so they made a right angle, her calves resting against the arm of the couch and her feet dangling. As she lay there, there was the faint smell of roses. Kai wrinkled her nose in disgust, sighing heavily and shaking her head. After all that had gone on in her garden, she really hated the smell. But to keep up appearances, she kept care of the garden in her backyard. Her neighbors were impeccably nosy.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

Kailee scolded him for, of all things, not liking her hugs. Davik didn’t even favour that with a response, just turned to her with a look that suggested she’d just dribbled on her shirt. Not that he would know if she did. The other two were headed down the stairs, Jonathan tossing back an old nickname just to annoy him, as always. He’d be disappointed; the blind boy seldom rose to taunts anymore. He wasn’t going to give anyone the satisfaction. But he did step forward to follow his school friends.

Down the stairs, Cwn Annwn,” he instructed, and his dog led him down the stairs. He still stuck close to the walls, letting the mutt lead him around the perimeter of the rooms and hallways so that he could learn their shapes if not their layouts. He opened every door he found, though he didn’t bother to enter most of the rooms. When he came to a door that opened to the smell of dank must and basements in general, he smirked. “Don’t go to the basement, ey? Down the stairs, Annwn.” His dog whined, reluctant to enter the doubtless dark and really quite smelly place, but Davik tugged her harness and repeated the command more firmly. Reluctantly, she took him down. At the bottom of the stairs, he veered sideways, with his hand outstretched in search of a wall to follow. He didn’t get far; Annwn had planted her feet and refused to budge.

“Come on, dog,” he growled, but she only whined and stayed put. “Cwn Annwn, come.” This time, a growl. No matter how sharply he repeated the command, she simply refused to move. Eventually, Davik gave up and set off without her. He moved more slowly without the dog than he could with her, reluctant as he was to admit it. The basement was still and silent and the air had that damp, stale quality only found in a place that was used very, very little. Usually, there was a good reason it wasn’t used. But the walls he found were dry and felt very solid under his fingers. He ventured further, striking out cautiously but without apprehension or fear.

A car backfired with a noise like a gunshot. Instantly, every muscle in his entire body went very tense and very, very still. It must have been outside, on the road, but… the walls were solid and he’d gone down a lot of stairs to get here. That had sounded like it was two feet away. No way he should have heard it that clearly. Davik released a slow, deliberate breath and forced himself to relax, but he couldn’t help feeling a little shaken. “Speak, Cwn Annwn.” The dog barked and Davik turned toward her. He repeated the command every few steps until he found her, using her voice as a guide instead of the walls. She was only too happy to go up the stairs again. The stupid mutt nearly pulled him off his feet in her haste.

You can hang your head and wonder why
And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Kailee leapt down the stairs, and Jonathan couldn’t help but follow, without the leaping, mind you. He watched her turn and head to the living room, and followed, thinking Davik was following behind him. Jonathan stood in the doorway as he watched Kai plop down on the couch. He chuckled lightly.

“Still just as at home wherever you go, aren’t you?” He smiled, moving over to the couch and standing by her feet. “You were always good at making yourself at home fast.” He chuckled, moving her feet and legs and sitting on the couch next to her.

“So, how’s life been? As fun and exciting as you can make it?” He questioned, leaning back in the couch and putting his feet up on the coffee table in front of him. He tilted his head, giving a smile to Kai before she could say anything.

“You know, you haven’t really aged since I last saw you.” He chuckled, “It’s kinda freaking me out.” Jonathan paused, and then added, “In the good way, mind you.”

Before he could continue to flirt, at least, what he thought would be taken as flirting, he heard Davik’s dog bark. Jonathan turned his head towards the opening. Jonathan had noticed the dog, but had decided not to say anything about it- It appeared to be a seeing-eye dog, and Jonathan assumed that the last thing Davik wanted to talk about was why he had a dog like that.

“Davik, come on now. Come sit with us.” Jonathan called out past the doorway. He didn’t want to get up to go find him though; he was comfy on the couch next to Kai.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!

Kailee grinned widely up at Jonathan as he followed her to the couch. "As far as I'm concerned, this is home for the next few weeks." She stuck out her tongue, kicking her feet a little in playful protest as he moved her legs so he could sit next to her. "You're such a nuisance," she teased, moving to settle her legs right on his lap in a 'you took my comfy, you become my comfy' sort of fashion that she had learned from several cats at her work. And her own. Currently, she had a neighbor taking care of her babies. She would have brought them with her, but she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to expose them to such a new environment. It was unnecessary stress. She sat up a little, propping herself on her shoulders to look at him when he spoke and complemented her.

"Oh, yah, I'm sure I don't have a million lines on my face. I think, you lie, sir."
Kai stuck her tongue out at him playfully. Where the hell was Davik? She tipped her head, listening intently as doors were opened and closed throughout the first floor of the house. He was probably exploring. Even blind, she supposed he needed to get a layout of the house. Especially, rather. She decided to let it go, laying her head back again as she spoke to Jonathan again. "It would seem you got a decent amount of ink while we were apart. How dare you." She grinned, betraying her anger as fake. "I didn't get to sit and watch you cry like a little girl during the process. How rude." Out came the tongue again, wagged at him before slipping back so she could talk.

There wasn't much conversation to be had before she heard Davik again from another part of the house with his dog. Yelling at her. She decided to ignore it for now, letting out a heavy sigh. Just as she sighed, a cold whip of air surrounded her, causing Kai to freeze and wrap her arms around herself. "Jesus." She murmured to herself, unsettled by the feeling. Why did this place try to freeze her out? Better yet, the smell of dirt and roses returned, causing her to sit up in irritation.

"This place gets drafts."
Kai murmured, moving and making her way towards the huge fireplace. It took her a minute or two, and some bad matches, but she got the fire going. After the fire roared to live, she scampered back to the couch, landing roughly and nearly landing on Jonathan, a grin on her face as she climbed back up onto him again, her legs crossed over his lap and her back to the arm of the chair, her arms crossed as she examined him. "What have you been doing? Staying out of trouble? Getting into it?

Where the hell was Davik? She sighed,tipping her head back to call him. "Oi! Davik! We're in the damn living room! Quit being a wuss and get in here." She shouted, her voice carrying quite well through the house.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

Davik reached the top of the stairs. The stupid dog was clinging much closer to his side than normal, and licking his hand as if she were trying to relieve her nerves by coating his fingers in goop. He snatched his hand away with a scowl and then heard two voices shout for him. What fun it was to be around old friends. He reached back and pulled the basement door firmly closed. It wasn’t worth opening again; just a big, empty, smelly room. He let go of Annwn’s harness and she shot away from the door (and him) as fast as her legs would carry her. Davik listened to her footsteps and followed them as best he could.

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, you big bunch of girls,” he groused. His shoulder struck a corner and he turned smoothly into the room. Though he hadn’t a clue what he was doing, his steps were steady and confident. Right up until the point when he ran into the back of the couch. Fortunately, this time, he wasn’t going quite fast enough to catapult himself over it. Instead, he sat on the top of it and swung his legs around so that he could slide smoothly onto the cushion… except that he misjudged, as usual, and slid smoothly onto the floor instead. He tucked one leg under the other, quite content to stay there until the dog found him and covered his face in drool. Davik shoved her away, swearing, and then hauled himself up onto the sofa.

What was tha’ about Jonnie cryin’ like a girl?” he asked, addressing the question to the air rather than any particular person. “Sounds quite interesting, that.” The dog still hadn’t given up licking him, so he used both feet to shove her away and then curled his legs up and sat on them. Dogs had to be the stupidest creatures on the face of the planet.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx
SPAAACEwinter may estrem

User Image

Come on skinny love justlast the year,
Pour a little salt, we were
neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

She was late, she was well aware of that, but it wasn’t something that she wasn’t known for. Everyone who knew her knew that Winter was always at least ten minutes late, the only time she was ever punctual was when she had to be at work. But this time, the young woman wasn’t late simply because she had taken too long to sort out her hair, no, she had been held up at the hospital, advised not to take the trip she had been planning for weeks, advised to quit yet another job, to give up work altogether, but she wasn’t listening. The blonde was sick of doctor’s running her life, of her telling her what she could and couldn’t do. She was running out of time and she had decided that she was going to spend it doing exactly what she wanted to do.

It had been a long time since she had seen her friends and quite frankly she was nervous as the taxi pulled up outside the manor. ”Wow.” she muttered under her breath. The place was huge, bigger than anything she had ever seen, and it was beautiful. She paid the driver, who helped her with her bags – it irritated her how weak she was now, most people saw it at some point despite her best efforts to hide it. She was thinner than she used to be, more frail looking and her skin was a little more dull, plus when she stayed in bed late it wasn’t because she was lazy, it was because she physically couldn’t get up. She’d gotten good at covering things up though, fobbing people off with lame excuses, of course she couldn’t keep it up forever and there was a chance her friends would probably find out – but she was going to keep it quiet for as long as possible. They hadn’t seen each other in so long, it wasn’t their problem, but she wanted to see them again, before she ran out of chances.

Carefully, she pushed the front door open, which took a little more effort than she would have liked. The entrance hall was huge, and the grand staircase in front of her caught her attention for a while as she surveyed everything around her. Kailee had done well, but then her friend always did have good taste. She wondered if she would be angry, that Winter missed her wedding, the two hadn’t spoken since before that, not until the other woman got in touch with her.

The blonde’s stomach flipped uncomfortably as she heard voices and, leaving her bag in the hallway, she followed them. Gently, she pushed open the door to the sitting room – which was huge and grand, just like the rest of the manor, her eyes widened slightly, focused on the beautiful fireplace. ”This place is something else.” her voice was gentle, tinged with her Norwegian accent – something that she’d never lost in all the time she’d been in the states. ”Hey.” she greeted her friends almost sheepishly, glancing quickly at each of them. Kailee looked almost exactly the same, if not a little more strained. Jonathan had a lot more tattoos than the last time she’d seen him and as for Davik, he looked a lot more angry...her smile faded slightly as she noted the dog at his feet and put two and two together. Oh. But her smile quickly returned as she looked at them all. ”It’s been a while...” to say the least.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee glanced over as Davik entered, as bitter and as sarcastic as ever. What was his problem today? Was this how he was going to be the entire time? She sat in silence as he tried to jump over one of the couches to sit on it, and completely failed, wiping out on the floor. A wide grin crossed her face, but she repressed a giggle, turning and pressing her face against the couch she was sitting on the muffle it.

Blind or not, seeing her friends fall down like idiots (as long as they weren't terribly hurt, beyond their pride) was quite the amusing sight. Maybe society had trained them to be like that. Her own clumsiness was a joke amongst the group. Kai had barely scraped out of high school without breaking half the bones in her body at any point in time. She pursed her lips when he remarked on a comment she had made about Jonathan and his tattoos, shrugging her shoulders, despite, once more, Davik never being able to see the motion.

"Just teasing him because I didn't get to watch."
She answered casually, clasping her hands together as she talked. She kept looking at Davik. How did he function now? How did he dress himself and know what went with what? Well...he was a guy. There wasn't a lot to mess up, if she really thought about it. It was rude to ask. It was rude to really speculate. He was still Davik. He was still her friend.

Then there was a gentle voice in the doorway. Hesitant. Carrying a slight accent. Kailee flipped around to see Winter there. "Aha! My love, you are late, but for once, you're not the last to arrive!" Kai made a move of trying to get up gracefully, but nearly stumbled over her own two feet, scrambling to rush her poor friend, latching her into a tight hug. "About time you got here. I was stuck with these two oafs." Kailee let go, holding Winter at arm's length to look her up and down.

She looked tired. A little thin. A lot thin. Kai couldn't put her finger on it, but decided not to question. It could have been work. Stress. School. Whatever she was doing these days. She knew that she, herself, didn't look as vibrant and chipper as she had in high school. Maybe just seeing the time wear on everyone else was just something she wasn't ready for. Either way, she smiled warmly at her friend and let go, clasping her hands together happily. "How was your trip? Dear lord, it's been forever. Bedrooms are upstairs, but we're just chilling out...rather...trying not to freeze to death in here. Damn old house takes forever to heat up. But I promise, it's totally worth it."

Ramble, ramble, greet, ramble.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Kai had been joking about how she wanted to see him cry when he got his tattoos; Too bad he didn’t even with he got them. Davik had wandered in, falling over the couch, still commenting on what Kai was saying when she said she wanted to see him get the ink.

Jonathan gave a chuckle, and was about to say something when he heard a whisper of a voice behind him. He turned around as Kai jumped up. A warm smile came on Jonathan’s face when he saw Winter standing there. Kai was already up and hugging the living daylights out of her. Kailee commented how him and Davik were oafs. He chuckled, slinging his arm over the back of the couch.

“Nice to see you Winter.” He said in between Kai’s rambling. Jonathan rolled his eyes, leaning over the couch and tugging at Kailee’s pants, pulling her back to the couch. “Calm down and sit down. I’m sure she’s tired. We can all catch up in a bit. Give her at least a break.” He laughed, looking up at Winter and giving her a smile. “Just ignore Kai, she’s as talkative as ever.”

Dapper Dabbler

Davik heard the front door open – it was a giant, creaky old thing, easy to hear even from across the house. He turned, holding out a hand to shush the other two, but there wasn’t a need. The person came in the living room with soft, quiet footsteps which sounded a little hesitant, or unstable. And then Winter spoke and the blind man filed away the sound of her walking for future reference. Kailee and Jon jumped up to greet her. Cwn Annwn ran to get her share, probably with her tail wagging so hard her entire fat body shook along with it. Davik, for his part, stayed seated and turned back toward the fire.

A gunshot rang out in the room, clear as daylight – well, clearer, really, since he couldn’t exactly tell daylight anymore. Davik sat bolt upright, one hand latching onto the arm of the couch and the other failing uselessly for a moment until it found the back. Gunshot? It echoed in his ears, removing any doubt that he’d imagined it. He’d heard that sound before. But… He settled back into his seat as though nothing had happened. Nothing in his face or posture betrayed the wash of panic that had swamped him just seconds before. Because it wasn’t a gunshot, was it? It was a car backfiring – a stupid car out on the road, maybe the cab Winter’d come up in. Today was a day for car trouble, that was all. And didn’t he look a fool, jumping at every little noise. Well, it wasn’t as though he cared how he looked. Never had, really.

Do us a favour, Kai, talk our ears off. Wasn’t using ‘em anyway, was I? God, woman, don’t you ever shut your mouth?” He ran a hand irritably over his short hair and shoved the mutt away when she got it in her stupid dog head to jump up on the couch. She yelped as she hit the floor, but her tags jingled off to find someone willing to pet her, so she must’ve survived without much damage. Rather a pity, that.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee let out a little yip as she was grabbed by her pants, stumbling back and finding her space back on the couch. "There's no escape," she teased Jonathan gently, sprawling out and propping her legs up onto his lap, almost as a bit of retaliation. Kai tipped her head back to look at Winter upside down, a wide grin on her face.

"Okay, maybe one too many espressos. Don't judge me."
She admitted, shrugging her shoulders and relaxing a little. She folded her hands on her stomach, finding a bit of quiet in examining her nails. Damn, she needed a manicure. What the hell? She worked with animals, no time or practicality in pretty nails. What? Oh. Davik was bitching at her again. What was his problem lately? Kai frowned, turning and glaring at him. Again, with the whole not seeing her thing. If looks could kill, though....

"Oh, I'm sorry, not all of us can be miserable assholes, Davik. Do mind that this was a choice, it wasn't like I dragged you here kicking and screaming. So knock your s**t off."
She hissed sharply, much like a mother scolding her child. She hated to talk to her dear friend like that, but she wasn't going to let his attitude ruin her and everyone else's time. Why was he being such a brat when he supposedly wanted to be here? Why did he have to be so stubborn and mean? She sighed heavily, running her fingers through unruly red hair.

"Anyways..."
Kai murmured, anxiously cracking her knuckles.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image
SPAAACEwinter may estrem

User Image

Come on skinny love justlast the year,
Pour a little salt, we were
neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

Seeing Kailee made Winter feel better, her friend always did have the most energetic personality and it seemed as though the years had changed nothing. A large grin pulled at the blonde’s lips as her friend bounded toward her. She felt a little nervous as the other female surveyed her, her eyes lingering for longer than Winter was comfortable with, but she said nothing. A gentle laugh passed her lips as Kai talked on and on and on. It seemed as though she hadn’t changed a bit. ”It has been an awfully long time. I’m sorry.” she looked a little sheepish as she shrugged at her friend, deciding that she would scout out a bedroom later on. That was not important, for now, what was important was seeing her friends for the first time in years, catching up with them, learning about them.

Her attention shifted to Jonathan as he greeted her and pulled Kai back onto the sofa. Ah, so he was still attached to their friend. Winter smiled a knowing smile as she nodded her head gently at him. ”I am a little tired actually.” she admitted, settling herself on the sofa next to Davik and pulling her cardigan tighter around herself, just as the Labrador settled itself at her feet. ”Hey.” she smiled gently at the dog who seemed to calm slightly as Winter scratched her behind the ears. Turning her attention to Davik, Winter reached out and touched his arm gently with the hand that wasn’t busy petting the dog. ”Hey stranger, did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?” she smiled gently at him. Of course, she knew that it must have been terribly frustrating for her friend and she felt for him, wished that there was something she could do. But of course, there was nothing, other than not treat him any differently. She knew that Davik would hate such a thing. ”How’re you all doing anyway?” she directed the question at everyone.

A childish giggle sounded just beside her, by the arm of the sofa. Winter knew better than to whip round and look, she knew exactly what she would see. Just the back of a little figure speeding away from her. It was all that she ever saw, the back of his head, a glimpse of an arm or a leg. It was the tumour, nothing more. It caused her to hallucinate, but Winter had always thought that it was something more than that, she thought that he had come to warn her, try and tell her that something was wrong. He was waiting for her. It wouldn’t be long. But not yet. And not now, the giggle disappeared into nothing which Winter was grateful for, it could be ever so distracting at times. Difficult in the presence of company.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

Kailee responded to his sneer by snapping at him. Davik snorted, wondering how she’d react if he told her that he hadn’t wanted to come at all. His uncle had told him to pack some clothes and get in the car, and only when they arrived did Davik learn where they were and why they’d come to some dreary old house in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, if he wanted to stay in a big, beat up old house in the rain and cold, he could have gone back to England. They were a dime a dozen. In the end, he decided not to mention it – not because he wanted to spare anyone’s feelings, because honestly he didn’t care what they thought of him and wouldn’t hide how he thought of them. He didn’t mention it because he hated people who whined about what they couldn’t change. Now that he was here, he’d get on with it, and his uncle was going to get some very strong words when he got out of this place. Instead of saying anything, Davik kept quiet and just sneered at her.

The cushion underneath of him shifted slightly as someone sat down next to him, far enough away that they weren’t touching. Cwn Annwn scooted over and gave a canine grunt of appreciation as someone – Winter, since Kailee and Jonathan were on the other side of the room - scratched her ears. Then, a hand touched his arm and Davik reacted without a thought. His left hand shot across his body, which twisted out of the way. He seized the wrist, Winter’s wrist. Davik held her tightly, but not tightly enough to hurt. His eyes narrowed and he shoved the wrist back toward her. “Don’t do that,” he warned, sinking back into the same pose he’d abandoned just seconds before. Her wrist had felt so small and… delicate. Davik would never be graceful and tended to dislike fragile things. This time was no exception; he was nearly disgusted by how frail she felt. He felt as if he could snap her wrist with just a little bit of extra pressure. It would almost be interesting to see if his hunch was true. He clenched the hand into a fist at his side and said nothing about the moment of curiosity.

Kailee spoke up, just to fill the silence, and Winter followed by asking how everyone was. Was this how the next few weeks were going to be? Shoot him now; he was going to die of boredom.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers