• Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
This isn't what I wanted.

Kailee just wanted to go home. She would settle for being alone with her cats for the rest of her life. As long as she didn't have to do this again. As long as her friends were okay, and could live their lives, so much better without her. She curled there with her hands over her ears for the longest time, blocking out everything and anything that came her way. The pain was dull but present, the bruises ugly and disgusting to her. She could barely even hear Winter, despite her being just a few feet away. Probably still talking to fake-Grey. That's what Kai put it up as. He was fake. Something sent to torture her. She let him die. Fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't do anything. She had saved Jon...why not Greyson? Why not her best friend? She curled further into herself.

It was a shock when the door flew open behind her, causing her to fall backwards into the hallway. "Winter!" She gasped, struggling to her feet, her legs shaking like jello during an earthquake. But as quickly as the door opened, it slammed shut, and she was left alone. Except she wasn't alone. Something loomed around her. An uncomfortable presence, something was so wrong. Something was pulling at her. Tugging her strings. Making her feel things that didn't make sense. A wave of peace rolled over her. It was foreign, it was forced, but her tired mind accepted it. It was okay, right? Of course it was okay. Everything was going to be okay. Outwardly, her bright green eyes dimmed and her body language shifted from exhausted, rigid and scared, to easy-going and happy. Something had taken over. She was just a puppet now. A puppet for the manor, maybe. It wanted them to stay.

So she shifted. Kailee moved, covering as much of the bruising as possible, the tears wiped from her cheeks, slowly moving towards her bedroom, where she brushed her hair and painted her face with enough makeup to cover the horror of the past few days. There was a voice downstairs. She paused. Kailee knew it was Ashling, but she was tucked away in her own mind. It took a few seconds for her to react, moving quickly down the stairs. Ashling looked alarmed. Due to the state of the place, she couldn't blame her.

"Ashling."
Kailee smiled crookedly. The most of it was right. The tone was right, the words were right, down to the pronunciation. But her smile was just a little off. Only if you looked for it. Kai grabbed her friend and hugged her. Just a hair too tight. You have to keep them. Foreign thoughts and motions inserted into her head. It was hell. Hell was being trapped in her own head, watching from a distance.

"Sorry about the mess, never mix Dav and Grey and liquor near heavy objects."
She grinned, clasping her hands together. "I didn't know you were coming!"

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

___________________▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅]_____▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅
              ____________________Sparkling angel,
              I couldn't see

Your dark intentions,
              Your feelings for me.

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥• Ashling almost gave up until she heard quick steps coming from the stairs. Her brown orbs caught sight of her friend Kai who seemed strangely happy to see her even though she didn't let her friend know she was coming after all and was already four days late. Though she put a smile on as her friend made her way over to her. "Ashling." "Hey Kai." She replied softly before she noticed her friend seemed a tad off when she smiled back though Ashling wasn't one to point things like that out unless she needed to.

Soon after, she was embraced by Kai and a little too tightly. Ashling's eyes widened as she started to lose some air in her lungs. Her arms loosely embraced back as she tried to speak. "Ah. Can't. Breathe. Kai...Let go." Once her friend did, Ashling let out an unsure chuckle as she attempted to get her breath back. She took a few deep breathes before she decided to ask Kai what was really going on; especially with Davik. She grabbed a strand of her hair and squeezed it to get some of the water out as she began speaking; her eyes remaining on Kai. "So Kai, listen. What's going on? Davik...he..he didn't seem right. I even hit him with my-" She was cut off when Kai suddenly stated, "Sorry about the mess, never mix Dav and Grey and liquor near heavy objects." A grin followed along with the clasping of her hands. Ashling shifted and folded her arms. She was getting a tad uneasy though it could have been that she was soaked and Kai seemed to be avoiding her questions. "I see but listen...Davik.-' "I didn't know you were coming!" Ashling's fingers started to fiddle with the zipper of her now dark green jacket. Her eyes glanced around every now and then before returning her full attention on Kai. She felt bad for not letting her friend know sooner though there was nothing she could do about it then. " Yeah sorry about that. Just caught up getting my medical degree and I didn't think I was coming at first actually. Though here I am!" She flashed a smile, trying to act like she didn't just hit one of her friends with her car and seeing him run off right after even though wounded. Damn it! I really need to tell her and know what's really going on. She thought, biting her lower lip.

Her hands placed themselves on Kai's shoulders to get her attention and really to brace herself. " Look Kai. Like I was trying to say before, I accidentally hit Davik with my car though he seemed....really determined to leave and ...I don't think it's because I hit him. I...saw him running away from the manor before I hit him and...all he said was...that he had to go. He seemed very freaked out. What's going on?! This couldn't be just about a drunk fight he had with Grey. " She paused, taking a deep breathe. Her eyes met Kai's again becoming really serious and showing how concerned she was. "Kai. Please. Tell me what's really going on? " Her eyes seemed to be begging Kai as her fingers gripped a tad more upon her friends shoulders.

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•

Blinded by faith,
I couldn't hear.
All the whispers, The warnings so clear. I still remember the smile when you tore me apart.

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

OOC: Hope this was good enough. If I need to add or change anything, just let me know. [: lolololololol With:Kai lololololololWearing:this

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

Ashling was asking questions. Davik. What about Davik? Kailee stared at her friend, motionless, as if she had to consciously remember to blink. She said Dav didn't seem right, which made a lot of sense considering the circumstances. Like hell she was telling Ash. Conscious, real Kailee would have grabbed her and told her to run. But she was busy. Occupied. She stared at Ashling for a moment or two, then nodded in response to her friend. Medical school? But now she was here. Now she was going to stay. Part of her wished she had come a few hours sooner. But that part was silent right now. That part didn't count. She couldn't fix the past. Kailee shoved her hands into her pockets, shifting her weight from one foot another.

She had...hit Davik with her car? Cue appropriate eye raising. "Jesus, Ash, is he okay?!" It fit. It was the right answer. But it just didn't have the deliberate strength of Kailee's voice. It was just a slight pitch off. It clicked that he was trying to escape. There was no leaving. Her expression darkened, and she flinched as Ash grabbed her shoulder, begging to be told what was going on. She didn't need to know anything, but saying nothing would just make her worse. She paused, staring at Ashling and sort of scoping her out, before slowly responding.

"Look. The guys have been fighting cat and mouse since we got here. It's been a rough past couple days. Go talk to Jon, he'll tell you everything."
She frowned, clasping her hands into tight fists. "I have to go get Davik before he hurts himself. He can't see anymore and has this nasty habit of running off without his seeing eye dog." She flinched, unable to find the appropriate reaction. Actual Kailee would never steer Ashling in Jon's direction, particularly when he wasn't Jon at all. But she had better things to do. Bigger fish to fry. She paused, trying to collect the right information to use against Davik. He couldn't leave.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Ashling – he assumed it was Ashling, at least, because she hadn’t said anything to the contrary – started fussing over him, telling him he had a head injury, maybe a concussion. As if he didn’t know. He was hoping he had a concussion. Davik didn’t know what a concussion did to you if you left it and didn’t do any of the things everyone said to when you had one, but he suspected it might dull his memory if it didn’t kill him. Either of those options sounded good to him. Her fussing was like a big, soft duvet – it would have been nice if he wasn’t already suffocating, and all he really wanted was to escape. She called after him, but he kept running and soon she gave in. He heard the sound of a car failing to start. Didn’t matter. She could walk.

The rain was pelting down again, soaking him to the bone, chilling him through. It felt nice. As his limbs went numb, so did his mind, and he found that he didn’t have to think anymore. Finally – some peace. The blind man relaxed into his stride and settled in for the long haul.

You can’t escape that easily!

It was like running up against a brick wall. Davik gasped and tried to stop short. His foot slipped on the wet gravel and sent him sprawling, which in turn triggered a hot bloom of pain from his ribs. He bit back a cry and began to swear quietly. Toby’s voice laughed. It wasn’t his usual laugh. He sounded cruel. Davik began to shiver.

Grey is dead,” he said, begging for mercy. “I’m not as strong as you think I am. I don’t know what to do.

So you run,” Toby sneered. Davik flinched. “You always were a coward. Always running away… first with Uncle John, and then after I died – and you never even went to my funeral – and now you’re running again.

And anyway,” Grey added, his hollow voice colder than the icy rain which still pelted him, “It’s your fault I died. Remember? You went into Winter’s room and carried her downstairs. I was right there and you never bothered to notice me. If you had, I would still be alive. You’re worthless. I should have known better than to think you were my friend.

Davik got up, readying himself to make a dash for the gates. Once he left the grounds, he was sure, all of this would stop. He would stop hearing voices. They would stop telling him the things he knew were true. But as he started forward, he heard the unmistakable noise of the metal gates creaking shut. He ran, flat out, ignoring his body’s commands to stop, but even so he was too late. Davik grabbed the cold iron, rattling it uselessly in his fruitless attempts to pull the gates open. Was it worth trying to climb over? There were plenty of convenient horizontal bars, but he could barely feel his hands… and he suspected that he’d survive falling, although he’d be even more miserable than he was now. Davik tried everything he could think of to get the gates open, but it was no use. After five minutes or so, he turned and started along the wall, limping slightly as the surge of adrenaline wore off and his various injuries started to make themselves known. He would find another way out. He wasn't going to give up that easily.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx
SPAAACEwinter may estrem

User Image

Come on skinny love justlast the year,
Pour a little salt, we were
neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

Except he was there, he turned and smiled at her, that same lopsided grin that he always had. Winter couldn't help but grin back at him, throwing her arms around his neck once again and holding him against her tightly. It didn't occur to her that she couldn't feel his heartbeat, no matter how tightly she pressed herself against him, it didn't occur to her that his breaths hardly ruffled her hair, almost as though they weren't real. She was just so happy to have him there, to see him, to touch him.

She was unaware of anything else, anyone else. Kailee's pain was irrelevant, not that she was even aware of it as blue eyes searched Grey's face, it didn't matter that they weren't speaking. All that mattered was that he was there, in front of her, alive and well. He was real, she had known it, known it deep down that he wasn't gone, that he wouldn't leave her like that. No, not Grey. He was always there, always there for her.

Selfish

She batted the thought away as the door swung open and Kai toppled outside, Winter hardly noticed as it slammed shut once more, her thumb gently stroking Grey's cheek. She was strangely subdued, unaware of her surroundings, focused only on one thing. It was almost hypnotic. Slowly, Grey moved over to the bed and sat down, pulling Winter with him, she smiled gently and settled herself in his lap, pressing a gentle kiss to his neck, only to be moved and laid down, she watched as Grey lay next to her and she curled up against him, her head resting on his chest. "I knew you couldn't be gone." she whispered, closing her eyes. He was here.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

Kailee looked at Ashling, her jaw hard. "Go find Jon. I'm sure he's either in the kitchen or the living room. I have to go check on Davik. He'll die out there if I leave him." Her eyes were wide, but mostly dim and empty. They didn't carry the same weight they normally did, they weren't lit up with anxiety or fear...or anything, really. But she didn't give Ashling much of a choice, quickly turning on her heels and running out the door with an eerie sense of urgency. She burst through the doors, running into the rain and finding Davik just inside the gates. He was a mess. Blood and rain and clothes and blindness. Kailee stared at him, her movement almost robotic as she carefully followed his tracks, finally rushing him and grabbing his shirt.

"Davik!"
She gasped, pulling him close. She had to be careful with him. His lack of sight made him sensitive to changes in her voice, especially. Kailee hesitated, her hands shaking at just the right amount. "Davik, come inside," she pleaded, pausing, the mechanics in her head shifting like gears in a machine. Something rushed her like a wall smashing down, and the real Kai was allowed out long enough to do its bidding. The tears came swift and hard, garbling her real words and replacing them with desperate pleas. She was trying to warn him, to get them out of there, but they came out all wrong.

"Dav, help, everything's going to hell, we're all going to die if we don't--"
snap, right back into hard-jawed, ghost faced puppet Kailee. "If we don't go inside, they're going to get you, come on," she tugged at him, her body still shaking unnaturally from the hard shift from being locked in her head, to being free, to being out again. It wasn't healthy, that was for sure. Her skin was starting to run hot as she touched him, grabbing his wrist. It was something about being too close to Davik that was making real Kailee strong and yanking hard on the manor's hold on her. The closer she got to the manor, the easier it was to pull her strings, but if she couldn't get him inside, it wasn't going to work. She was going to break free and get them out of the manor. To safety. To freedom.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

___________________▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅]_____▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅
              ____________________Sparkling angel,
              I couldn't see

Your dark intentions,
              Your feelings for me.

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥• "Jesus, Ash, is he okay?!" Ashling almost felt more horrible when Kai inquired this. She had no idea how badly Davik was injured because he had run away though maybe she should have tried harder. Ran after him and not stop until she reached him. He could be anywhere by now and here she was under a roof , away from the pouring rain. Ashling wrapped her arms around herself as her anxiety started to rise along with the guilt. "I..I don't know. He ran off before I could examine him better. I.. I feel horrible for just leaving him out there. I should have chased after him . Should have tried harder." Her voice was beginning to sound shaken. Ashling rubbed her right arm uneasily as she looked up at Kai again. Her friend still seemed a bit off though maybe what ever has been happening between the guys has put some stress on her. None the less, her mind was too much on Davik and how he was doing.

Before Kai responded, she noticed her friend staring at her in silence. This made things slightly worse though she still was trying to calm down about hitting Davik with her car. "Look. The guys have been fighting cat and mouse since we got here. It's been a rough past couple days. Go talk to Jon, he'll tell you everything." Ashling nodded, not really sure what else to do but what Kai told her even if it was odd of her to suggest going to Jon. "Okay sure though...I don't know why you can't just tell me." Her friend then frowned and her hands clenched into fists. This made Ashling's brow furrow though before she could comment her friend spoke up once more. "I have to go get Davik before he hurts himself. He can't see anymore and has this nasty habit of running off without his seeing eye dog." The last few words made Ashling's eyes widened. She knew it. Her arms unwrapped themselves as she took a step towards Kai. "So he is blind. Why the hell does he think he can run without a guide?! She stated, her fingers coming up to her lips as she tried to think about this. Ashling wasn't really wanting a reply to that , though if Kai did, it would be fine. She noticed her friend flinching though it seemed not to phase her or at least wasn't the top on her list to really ask about.

"Go find Jon. I'm sure he's either in the kitchen or the living room. I have to go check on Davik. He'll die out there if I leave him." Once again she was told to find Jon. Why him though and why was she acting so odd? Before she could find out , Kai had sprinted off to find Davik and bring him back. As Ashling watched her go, she shook her head before she went off to find Jon. I'll find out later I guess. She thought as she went in the direction Kai had pointed. Ashling assumed it was the kitchen and speaking of such, her stomach growled in hunger a minute later. Wow, I'm that hungry? She thought, slightly surprised how she didn't notice before now.

As she found the kitchen; she knocked on the door before entering. Upon entering she spotted Jon and Hazin. At first she didn't say anything; instead she watched how Hazin was what seemed attending to a wound on Jon's neck. After a moment passed , she decided to say something. "Hey you two. Hope I'm not interrupting anything. You allright Jon?"

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•

Blinded by faith,
I couldn't hear.
All the whispers, The warnings so clear. I still remember the smile when you tore me apart.

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

OOC: Hope this was good enough. If I need to add or change anything, just let me know. [: lolololololol With:Jon and HazinlololololololWearing:this

Dapper Dabbler

The rain was coming down so heavily that Davik heard nothing until Kailee was right next to him, grabbing his shirt and calling his name. He started, trying to shy away from her, but she held him tightly. She pleaded with him to come inside. “No,” he protested. “I can’t go inside. I’m not ready yet.” Something in her voice shifted, catching his attention. Suddenly she sounded outright desperate, and terrified – and then she faltered and just sounded determined but frightened. Something in her voice sounded disjointed, but he had never heard anything like it before. No, wait, yes he had – but only on telly. “What shall I make him say next? Gottle of geer, gottle of geer…” That was it. Like she was reading from a script, something being handed to her one phrase at a time. It was supremely unsettling.

I… I killed Grey, Kailee,” he said, reaching out with both hands and finding her shoulders. Even through her soaked shirt, he could feel the heat rolling off of her. It was fever-hot. “You know I don’t care if I die… Go back inside and dry off. I’ll stay out here a little while.

You’re not going to take her back?” Grey demanded angrily. “Dammit, Davik, you already killed me! If you let anything happen to Kailee, I’ll – ” He didn’t finish the threat, but he didn’t need to. Davik could imagine all too well what two angry spirits could do to him, especially when they were two of the people he’d loved best in all the world. Toby said nothing, but Davik thought he could almost feel the disappointment and disapproval radiating off of him. He gulped. He didn’t want to go inside. He wanted to stay out here, where maybe he would catch hypothermia, and the cold numbed his body so that he didn’t feel anything, and where no one would demand anything of him. His eyes flickered past Kailee and around to where Grey and Toby were, or at least where they sounded like they were.

Let’s go inside,” he muttered at last, his shoulders slumping in defeat. He gently broke her grip on his wrist and took her hand instead. Neither Toby nor Grey said anything, which was just as well. The longer he could go without hearing the spirits of dead people speaking to him, the happier he would be. Except that he was already wondering where they were and what they had planned next. Davik shivered as an icy drop of rain water ran down his spine. To distract himself, he started for the manor and cast around for something other than Grey to talk about. “Ashling’s here,” he said. “She – shouldn’t have come. This place is… horrible. I didn’t tell her about Grey.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Hazin just wouldn’t leave him be, would she? It was starting to frustrate Eric even more. He was a monster- a demon that was supposed to scare away all the children…so why was she so stuck on staying with him? I'm not going to come out of here with friends. I'm just going to make sure that no one else dies - and that includes you. Eric gave a frown. She just wanted to make sure that Jon was going to stay alive through all of this. Haz was doing every little thing to make Eric more and more pissed off.

He wanted to scream. To push her off and tell her to ******** off, but right before he did that, someone new, someone that he hadn’t seen in a long time, wandered into the kitchen, ever politely knocking on the door before entering. Eric glared at her. Who was she and why did he feel like he should remember her..? Eric wracked his brain, trying his hardest to pull a name out of thin air. Eric’s eyes darted to Hazin, pushing at her hips, silently telling her that he was fine and that she should get off now before he tossed her off.

"Hey you two. Hope I'm not interrupting anything. You allright Jon?" Eric’s eye twitched a little. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. Now was not the time to be flipping out over being called Jon, even if the one thing he wanted from everyone was to call him by his name. “Yes.” His voice was still his own, deep and so not Jon’s. “Fine. Winter took a knife to me.” Short, sweet and to the point. He didn’t want to talk to anyone who, at this point anyway, didn’t know who he was. Eric’s eyes darted up to Hazin’s eyes. “I’m fine. You can get off me now.”

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

He fought with her. He didn't want to go inside. She had to get him inside, or else. She glared at him, despite his blindness, knowing that it didn't matter, because he couldn't see the stark change in facial expressions, particularly one that didn't match her desperate tone at all. It worked as far as faking him out, but the sensitivity to voice changes, particularly when he noticed it with Jon, was going to be tricky. His remark about killing Grey caught her off guard. "No, Davik." She hissed, her voice laced with unnecessary venom. "Jonathan did."." Well, sort of. Eric did. It was a difference between night and day but she was in no state to consider that.

He grabbed her, and she flinched, her body rigid. He commented that he didn't care if he died. "But I do," she growled. "Now get inside or I'll drag you in there myself." Her words were harsh, lacking the humanity and fear that needed to be inserted. Her body rebelled at his touch, one half trying to use it to pull the evil out, the other trying to shove it away. It was going to lose control, and she was going to ruin everything and get everyone out. He was going to screw everything up. What was so special about the damn blind kid anyways? Her now cold, dark green eyes glossed over as she looked him up and down. Nothing remarkable. He was slow and dumb and bitter. What she saw in him wasn't useful to the manor.

She yanked away, finally, her skin burning hot and her cheeks a violent red. He finally agreed to go inside, his shoulders slumping in compliance. She nodded and turned, meaning to release him and grab his sleeve instead of his skin, but to her shock and annoyance he took her by the hand. Well, that set up wasn't going to work. She didn't respond, except by leading him swiftly towards the manor. He mentioned that Ashling was there and that he hadn't told her about Grey. "I saw her. She hit you with her car? How nice." Her voice was cold and hard, but shook like something was coming up her throat. "Are you okay?" Now a squeak of honest concern. He really was a nuisance to her. She felt her body relax as they crossed the threshold of the manor, the doors slamming hard behind them.

Success. They were sufficiently trapped. Kailee tested the doors, pulling her hand out of Davik's. "Good." She remarked shortly, raising her eyebrows at him. "And no, Davik, your dead brother isn't here. He's all in your head. And so is Grey. Dead." She circled him, her voice losing all human qualities. They were alone. Nobody would believe him anyways, and by the time they did, it would probably be too late. "We're all going to die here anyways." She paced around him, refusing to touch him.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

Eric frowned at her. Hazinyul knew that she'd lost whatever influence she might've had over him. She had been so close to getting through to him - she wasn't sure what her point had been, but it was a good one and now it didn't matter, because he was getting over his bout of vulnerability and she would never get another chance to break through his shell. If Hazinyul was the kind of person who swore, she would have done so.

Someone knocked on the door and then Ashling came in. Eric shoved her, unsubtly suggesting that he wasn't going to put up with her much longer. Hazinyul took the hint, dropping the bloody cloth onto his lap and jumping up with a cry of "
        Ashling!" and then throwing herself into the older girl's arms. It surprised her just how pleased she was to see her. Here was someone who, for now, didn't know her secret, didn't know that she was a liar and always had been. Hazinyul had no delusions that Ashling would remain ignorant, but maybe she could have a friend again, just for a little while. It was selfish, horribly selfish, but... well, Hazinyul had been through a lot in the last few days and she just wanted someone not to be angry at her for a while.

"
        Things have been so crazy, you wouldn't believe - " she began, and then stopped short. Ashling wouldn't believe until she started going through the same things... and even though Hazinyul suspected that the assassins were only in her mind, it didn't stop her thinking that here was just another helpless person that needed protecting - both from the threats on the outside of the house, and the ones inside too. She glanced back at Eric. If he wanted Ash to think that he was Jon, Hazin wouldn't tell... unless he started talking about her, and then she would spill all the beans.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

Kailee hissed at him. Davik listened with a fragmented sort of interest. What was up with her? Something big. He shook his head. “I did,” he repeated. “Maybe Mr Hyde had the weapon, but I walked in and I could have saved him. But then I walked away. I didn’t let myself notice him. He’s dead because of me. I killed him. If I had just helped him...” He cut off, shaking his head. He didn’t care if he died. He really didn’t. Kailee snapped that she would drag him inside, if necessary. The blind man scowled at her, but his fight didn’t last long. She didn’t even want to touch him. She fought to escape from him. That wasn’t like her at all. His eyes narrowed, suspicious. He knew it was Kailee – she was Kailee’s height, had Kailee’s voice, and her hand felt familiar – but… well, Davik had been considering a lot of things lately that normally he would scoff at, and maybe he should add possession to the list.

Like I got hit by a car,” he snapped in response to her question. That had almost sounded like Kai. But it had only been for a moment, and it was gone now. He stepped inside with her and the door slammed shut. Through her hand, Davik felt tension leaking out of her – and then she jerked away as if burned. Davik shoved his hands in his pockets and stood, dripping, on the threshold, a look of insolent calm on his face. She told him sharply that his dead brother wasn’t here. He didn’t bother turning to follow her voice. He could hear her just fine while facing steadfastly away from the door. Her voice was hollow, utterly blank, and cold. Pitiless. Inhuman – that’s what it was. Inhuman. She wasn’t Kailee anymore.

The warmth of the air around him was beginning to make him shiver, his body realizing at last just how cold it was. By dint of much willpower, clamping down on every muscle that showed any sign of quaking, Davik kept himself still. “I know they’re in my head,” he replied coolly, sinking back into his cynicism at last. “That’s how they know what to say.” He buried all of the brokenness and pain under a thick layer of couldn’t-give-a-damn and covered it all with a blanket of snark. The result was a certain easing in his mind as all of the jagged edges melded into a keen desire not to let anything upset him ever again. It wasn’t worth it. Nothing in the entire damn world mattered, so why should he care? Why should he bother to be nice?

Yeah, we are,” Davik allowed, and then smirked. “And what about you, Kai? Been seeing your sweet little hubby? How is he, now he’s been buried under your roses for years? Smelly? Bet he’s smelly. Bet you still kiss his arse, though. You never could resist the ones who showed interest, could you? It’s a miracle you didn’t end up a whore. Least then you might’ve made some decent money while you were sleepin’ around.” He twisted his head slightly so that his sightless eyes stared at her, past her. “You want to play silly buggers with me, Kai? Because I’m a bigger b*****d than you’ll ever be.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

He was far too calm for the things she said. Kailee paused, staring at him blankly. He knew they were in his head? How the hell did he know?! That wasn't right. He wasn't supposed to be okay with that. It was supposed to destroy him. Bring him down. Make him into a hollow shell of a man that they could feed off of...

What had gone wrong? But then he started to rant at her, using harsh words and insults that should hurt. And they would, if she was there at all. Kailee listened, her arms crossed over her chest, before she stopped in front of him and laughed. "You think you can hurt me, Davik? Hmm? You can't even see me, you blubbering idiot." She hissed back, clearly unaffected by his harsh words. "What are you going to do? My husband is dead, my best friend is dead, my baby is dead, and the one person, the one person I so desperately wanted can't even look my way. Too wrapped around himself. Too busy being pissed off and angry at the world. Like it's everyone else's fault he's miserable." She hissed, her words cold and dark.

It was so easy to use these words when they didn't belong to her. Kailee was just a vessel, and the manor was using all her dark secrets against her, using them to tear her friends down. "So what, Dav? You gonna throw your petty words at me, or are you going to do what you always do? Just kill the people who piss you off! Like your brother, like Grey, like everyone! Go on! I don't have anything to leave behind! All these idiots are going to be dead soon anyways!" She got close, but not close enough to touch, though the heat radiated off of her like anger that had been transformed into a physical being.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

She laughed. Actually laughed! Something was most definitely wrong with her. Possession, as much as he hated to give that hocus pocus crap any sort of credence, was starting to look like a good option. She tried to pick at his blindness. “Real original,” he smirked. “Yeah, ‘cos, oh man, I hadn’t noticed I’ve been blind for the last five years. Thanks for pointing that out, ‘cos I never would’ve noticed!” She snapped at him about the one person she wanted. Can’t look her way, she said. Not won’t – can’t. Davik cocked his head, letting the rest of her words – which were true, not that he would admit it – breeze past him so that they couldn’t find any weaknesses in his armour. He mulled over his new realization, waiting patiently for her to spew her venom. When she paused, he retaliated.

Still carrying a torch for me, then? Because it’s pathetic, you know that? You’ve been hot for me since school and you thought I didn’t notice – as if I couldn’t.. How could I not, when you’re practically writing it in the sky? I think you know why I never looked twice your way. ‘S because the last thing I want on this whole damn planet is to be stuck to you in any way.” Davik shook his head pityingly, then leaned forward a little as if to confide in her. “I thought getting married dislodge the stick up your arse, Kailee. But it didn’t; it only wedged it further up. I bet your baby is dead because it knew that it’d have you for a mother. God, can you imagine anything worse?” He laughed loudly, but there was no real mirth in his voice, just malice. She was so close to him that he could feel the heat from her skin. Davik didn’t react to her proximity, either reaching out to touch her or pushing her away. It was hard to care whether Kailee was being possessed or not – whether she wanted to be saying any of this, whether she deserved his ire. If he started caring about that, he’d have to care about everything, and he wasn’t about to go down that road again. Never again. This time, he was going to end it before his walls broke down again, before anyone had a chance to think he was worth saving.

The only one pissing me off at the moment is me,” he commented casually, as if noting the quality of a meal. “Think I’ll take your advice. What’s one more murder, ey?” He gave her a grin, the grin from high school, roguish and brash and with gallons of easy-going charm. “Want to come watch? You didn’t get to see Grey kick it, after all. You’re really missing out. I promise you, it’s not a sight you’ll soon forget.” Davik winked at her, which was not something he was used to doing, and then sauntered toward the stairs. Nothing about his manner or gait suggested tension of any sort. It’d be interesting to see how she reacted to that.

And never go down again.

User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

He was trying to break her. That was hysterical. If he thought petty words would hurt her, he was going to be easier to take down than she thought. Kailee raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms in response to him and laughing softly. "You think you're so big and bad. You think you mean anything. You think you can hurt me, Dav? Because you can't. You're nothing. You're a scared little boy, rejected by mommy and daddy and sent to hang out with the other little unwanted rejects. The freaks. The losers. The wastes and drains on society. And even they think you're out of your goddamn mind." She growled, her words cold and menacing. He leaned forward, and she choked on her words, or maybe it was her soul creeping up into her throat. Either way, the proximity made her sick and uneasy. Something about him, even now, was trying to yank the real Kailee out.

He took her comment the wrong way, and grinned at her. The grin caught even the possessed Kailee off guard. Fake Kai had never seen that grin, and the real Kailee was triggered hard by it, trying to claw out. The saddest noise came up from her throat, quickly muffled by a laugh. "I don't need to watch your childs play excuse for a slaughtering. Have fun, though." She flicked her hair at him, turning and stomping away from him. She couldn't deal with him any longer. He was the worst thing to be around if the manor wanted to keep control of its vessel.

Instead she steered towards something much different. Eric. She opened the door, peering through and seeing him with Hazinyul and Ashling. Kailee cast an indifferent glance at Hazin and Ash, aiming right for Eric. She turned her back to the girls, smiling with the corner of her lip. "Eric," she cooed softly, just enough for him to hear, moving close and tugging at the edge of his shirt. "Come with me." Her eyes flashed a darker green, locking on his, before softening as she turned to look at the girls.

"Hazin, can you show Ash around while I have a talk with him?"
She asked, her voice soft but still a little too hollow.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items