Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

The Prideful Performer

I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

User Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost immediately upon hearing Mr. Jenkins' response, Tucker tried to speak, but his initial words got caught in his throat, so only a grunt-like noise came out. He closed his mouth, shook off a little of the punch he had just received, and tried again. "How? How was he better than me? What did he have that I didn't?" Tucker's gaze bounced between his teacher's eyes--searching. "Because, Mr. Jenkins, you know my audition was perfect." He knew it was, because, well, he was great! Anyone who saw his performances could attest to that, as well as the fact that he had always gotten the leading role at his old school, which was what made this so confusing for him--why was Bellhart any different? He was just as good as the best here--Rhiannon, for one--and maybe even better.

Ugh! This can't be happening... Tucker almost felt like he could cry. He had been looking forward to playing Romeo ever since he heard what play they were performing. He was oblivious to the several pairs of eyes that were on them, uncaring that the bell had rung--this needed to be sorted out. Everything else wasn't important. And what made this worse was that Mr. Jenkins was his favorite teacher at this school. How could he do this to him?

Suddenly, he was aware of his lightly shaking hands. He shifted his feet as he waited in anticipation for Mr. Jenkin's answer, wishing that the man would reconsider his choice while ignoring the dreadful feeling in the pit of his stomach that came with the knowledge that he had lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars
I wanna have groupies

Outfit: This
OOC: N/A

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageIf I go crazy then will you
Still call me Superman
If I'm alive and well will you
Be there holding my hand

User Image

I'll keep you
By my side
With my superhuman might
Kryptonite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh-huh," Trent said with a nod as he looked at Mr. Thomas with a questioning look. "Is that a bad thing?" he asked hesitantly at the risk of sounding stupid. But either way, he looked back down at his notebook as he watched the teacher flip through his notes, and he listened to him explain what he should be doing. He looked closer at his chicken scratch. Oh, I didn't know I forgot those. I guess page numbers would help, huh? When he heard the man say something about text writing, he looked back at him. He shrugged, smiling. "I guess that'd make it more legible, huh? But I wouldn't be able to remember things as well," he offered.

Trent laughed at Mr. Thomas' remark on Halloween. "I bet," he said. "You get to own more than the costume." As for the question about why he was late, Trent gave a sheepish smile. "Well, uh," he began as he looked down at his notebook, "I guess I lost track of time at breakfast, and I hate leaving food on my plate, so I stayed longer." He thought it wasn't necessary to explain his roleplay interests, mainly to spare himself from possibly getting odd looks. Besides, it wasn't like he was lying; what he said was true. He looked back at Mr. Thomas. "I'm usually good at coming to class on time, but I guess there's a first time for everything." He shrugged noncommittally. "And I guess it had to be on the day I could make a bad first impression." He chuckled, attempting humor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image User Image User Image

Brayden Alexander Turnbull
The Hotheaded Jock

Eighteen Male Bi
Rash | Hardworking | Egocentric

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User ImageHello, my name is Brayden Alexander Turnbull, but you can call me Brayden.
              I blew out
              eighteen candles on October 23.
              My anatomy says I'm
              a dude.
              Love is blind:
              Closeted bi, but he leans a little more toward girls
              The marks on the wall say I'm 5'11".
              I'm in this grade:
              Senior

The way I act: Brayden can be an all right guy, mainly to friends, but his biggest issue is his temper. He's gotten better at controlling it over the past couple of years, but he can only hold back so much before he snaps. There's also those off days where he's just in a crappy mood and will be likely to lash out at the smallest of things. When in this mood, people who are smart will stay clear until he can calm down--usually through some form of physical exertion. There is also the rare person who has the ability to put him at ease. But otherwise, when he's not in a bad mood, Brayden's pretty thick-skinned and can tolerate most banter. The only exceptions are attacks on his intelligence or sexual orientation; if bad enough, he'll attack--or if there's the chance of a teacher getting in the way, he'll wait until another time to make the offender pay.

Sometimes Brayden may act rash or do something he knows he'll regret later, especially when in a bad mood. He can get frustrated with some tasks easily, particularly schoolwork, but he's pretty good at returning to the task once the frustration has worn off. In general, although he won't show it in the classroom, he works hard, which is the sole reason he's able to survive the academics here.

Some people can gain Brayden's respect with little effort, but for some, he's the type of guy who needs his a** kicked first before they can get that from him. When that respect is gained, he's likely to have that person's back, but, ultimately, Brayden cares about himself first and foremost, so he has no problems stepping on his friends' toes if it means it'll get him something good. If he doesn't like someone, he'll be an a** to them in just about any way and at every opportunity. Also, the only way he goes against the popular-unpopular dichotomy is if an unpopular has somehow managed to gain his attention in a good way, but even then he may keep social interactions with them short if in a public place.
              I love:
                Exercising/working out
                Drinking
                Smoking (recently took the habit back up)
                Punching bags
                Football, lacrosse, and wrestling
                Rock and metal, especially Five Finger Death Punch and Hollywood Undead
                Horror movies
                Rain and storms
                Video games

But I hate:
                Fags
                Waking up early
                Country, bluegrass, classical
                Reading and writing
                Ties and suits
                Elvis Presley
                People who don't know how to shut up
                Emos
                Religious people

My life thus far: For the first few years of his life, Brayden was raised by a single mom in Chicago--and his grandma while his mom worked--when his dad disappeared one night while Brayden was just an infant. It wasn't until Brayden was nine that she met a man--Tony--with whom she fell in love. A couple of months later, once Brayden grew content with the idea of sharing his mom, Tony moved in, and he started watching the boy when he supposedly got fired from his job. It took only a few days of babysitting before the man started showing his true colors to Brayden--he molested him, and when he wasn't doing that, he was emotionally abusing him. One time he tried to tell his mom, but she believed Tony, who completely denied the claims. It carried on for a few months until his mom walked in on them after coming home from the groceries. She called the police, and they never saw Tony again after that.

At school, particularly after the trouble he had with Tony, Brayden was a bit of a trouble child--acting out in class, bullying the other kids. And there were the fights--partly because it became his way to protect himself from becoming a target again, partly because, as his mother told him several times before, he had his dad's short fuse. No intervention helped, mostly because Brayden didn't want to control his anger. He was expelled twice, once in fourth grade and once in fifth grade. After that, he just got better at keeping all fights out of the teachers' sights.

Perhaps freshman year marked his worst year to date. The two friends he managed to make weren't the best of people, something he didn't realize until later. With one of them he committed a breaking and entering while the owner wasn't home (but the next night Brayden returned the stuff he kept), and he watched them bash a middle-aged homeless woman (even kicked her once when they egged him on).

It was about a week after that latter incident when he reached his turning point. He and his mom got into an argument because he ended up with a suspension, and he punched her. Seeing how hurt she was, hearing her crying behind her locked bedroom door, it served as a wake-up call for him. Brayden thought it over, and he decided to change. He worked to get a control of his anger, stop his fighting. It took a lot of time and effort, but he managed to do so--for the most part. And he was content with that. He also cut his two friends out of his life.

During spring break of sophomore year, his mom introduced him to a man she had fallen in love with--Greg, a man who she had met online and had gone on two dates with already. Brayden slowly got to know the man. Neither seemed to be capable of seeing eye-to-eye completely, but the man seemed all right, and his mom seemed happy, so he gave his approval, more or less. Toward the end of the year, Greg proposed they move in to his place. It took much persuasion on Brayden's part, but they packed their things and moved shortly after the school year ended.

Of course, it seemed that Greg wasn't that pleased to have Brayden around. Being as rich as he was, the man suggested to Brayden's mom they send Brayden to Bellhart Boarding School where he could receive a good education. So he was sent, mostly against his will, only to find out that, after junior year ended, Greg and his mom were getting married. And now Brayden is back in Bellhart for his last year of high school, this time a little more because he wanted to.
              My dorm: A6
              Oh, something else I need to mention: To be sure, Brayden doesn't talk too much about his past, especially when it comes to his childhood.

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

Shy Exhibitionist

Brayden picked up on the look in Dominic's eyes--one he was pretty familiar with. The same smoldering quality sank into his own, both out of reciprocation and from this guy's tone--no, attitude in general. If this ******** wanted a fight, he'd give it to him. He could use the release. This look deepened at the last bit of his retort--he didn't exactly know what the p***k just said, but it achieved the same effect anyway. As he took his turn putting his form with the rest, he eyed Dominic, clenching a fist and opening his mouth, then shut it. Strangle you, little ********] But he glanced at Doug, who seemed to've been watching them. Gotta keep your cool--keep your cool. Don't ******** up in front of him. So instead, nostrils flaring, he slammed the side of his fist down on the table, then looked away from either of them, mainly because he didn't want to be looking at Dominic like he wanted to kill him, not in front of Doug, and to avoid seeing whatever reaction Doug had for him. For that next moment, he let himself focus on the pain in his hand, feeding off it for temporary alleviation.

When the hand fell on his shoulder, he ripped himself away, not in the mood to be touched. He shot Scrawny a** a weird look--but not for long. The illegal exploded, and Brayden watched. Figuring that something from this scene could somehow be used to get under his skin, he filed it away for later processing as the guy started off. He did the same, but backpedaled to face Doug. He hitched his chin up. "This isn't Brokeback, cowboy. Find someone else for your f** fantasy." Gay or not, the attempt at insult felt good anyway.

Brayden turned around and followed after Dominic. What lay inside the room left him a bit surprised--he took quick notice of the muscle this man possessed, visible under his clothes. Not the kind of man Brayden would want to get in a fight with, not unless he wanted his face flattened in a single blow. Which left him with the question, why couldn't he be their hall advisor? He'd feel a lot better with him keeping him in check than Scrawny a**. At least he possessed more than enough ability to keep him from ripping out his roommate's throat. And he spotted the military paraphernalia on the wall. That right there demanded respect--but, right now, maybe not as much as what Brayden would normally want to give a veteran.

Following orders, Brayden stepped forward and sat in one of the two chairs in front of the desk.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image
Noah David Ashton
Twenty-four Gay High school English teacher
Introverted | Stubborn | Loyal

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User Image
Jonathon Maverick Hill
Nineteen Bi Waiter at Nuance Cafe
Friendly | Competitive | Confident

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User Image
Trent Austin Wilde
Eighteen Gay Unemployed
Friendly | Naive | Forgetful

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Our Colorful Neighborhood

Magnolia Way is quite the colorful place. Many LGBT people flock to this Queens, New York, neighborhood to live. Here there is no fear of being called disgusting or an abomination, and there is no need to stay in the closet, for everyone here is among their brothers and sisters (and mommas and daddies) of the community. Though it might not be one hundred percent free from hate crimes, it's still become quite the safe haven for many, especially for those who came from families or towns that weren't so accepting.

But, of course, nothing can ever truly be peaceful. Like anywhere else, Magnolia Way has its drama--what can you expect from a place with a bunch of queens? So, come, the residents of Magnolia Way invite you to join in on the fun.

OOC

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image
Rules

xxGeneral
                                            Follow Gaia's TOS.
                                            Please post at least 2 times a week. If you don't post in a week and haven't said anything, then you'll be kicked from the RP. If you want to quit the RP, that's completely fine, but please say something; don't disappear.
                                            Swearing is fine, even like a sailor if it fits your character. Also, keep all romantic scenes PG-13; time skip when the undies come off.
                                            Violence is fine. Just keep it light. No killing. Also, when fighting does happen, make sure you give the other person a chance to fight back to keep it fair, and don't go dodging/blocking everything.
                                            While a few of us may be playing characters who seem to have crawled out from the bowels of the earth, we still need to be respectful to everyone in the rp. Don't ignore anyone or their posts, and try to include everyone. At the same time, though, don't sit around hoping for interactions. Take initiative in interacting with others. There's no reason to be shy.
                                            The roleplay has an OOC thread, linked in the introduction post, in case you missed it. Why not put it to use? Get to know the others and discuss plot. It helps maintain interest when everyone's talking to each other.

xxPosting
                                            Please have decent grammar and spelling. Occasional mistakes are fine, but I won't accept lazy or simple mistakes like not capitalizing or not ending sentences with periods.
                                            I expect at least 18 well-written sentences per post, even with writer's block. More than that is great and encouraged, but let's try not to go over 5 chunky paragraphs more than occasionally.
                                            Please include your character's picture and name in all of your posts, at the very least. Anything extra, like lyrics and quotes, are cool, but I'm not going to demand an extravagant post style.

xxCharacters
                                            Real pics only. There'll be a very tight limit on scene/emo characters, although it would be nice if no one used them at all. Oh, and don't use pictures of yourself. That's a little creepy.
                                            No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. Everyone has flaws. To reinforce this, I'll be requiring at least one negative trait to be listed on the reserve. And let's try not to create all nice characters. That quickly gets boring.
                                            You can have as many characters as you can handle. Just make sure you don't neglect any of them.
                                            Because this is an LGBT RP, I'm only accepting characters who belong to the community. It is okay, though, if people want to have heterosexual pairings.
                                            Send all reserves titled "It's Colorful!" When it comes to the skeletons, you can change the colors however you see fit, so long as the reserve isn't all black, but don't mess with the basic structure. I won't be requiring profiles, but if you want to create one of those profile threads for your character(s), then I'll link to it from your reserve's picture.
                                            If you have a thread with post samples, feel free to link it to me with the reserve. Otherwise, I'll be checking your post history to make sure you meet the literacy requirements.

Shy Exhibitionist

Skeleton

Remember, you can change the coloring of the skeleton, but don't change the basic structure. Also, don't worry about how it'll look in PMs. It'll seem broken, but turn out fine in the thread.

[img]300x150[/img]
[color=postingcolor][size=26]Full name[/size]
[size=14]Age (18 and up) [color=black]●[/color] Sexual orientation [color=black]●[/color] Occupation
Trait 1 [color=black]|[/color] Trait 2 [color=black]|[/color] Trait 3[/size][/color]

[color=black][size=9]✗[/size][u][color=postingcolor]username[/color][/u][/color][/size]

Shy Exhibitionist

Characters

Any characters that have a profile will have a link in their picture.

User Image
Sairyn Leto Regalado
Twenty-Three Lesbian Tattoo Artist
Free-Spirited | Dependable | Indulgent

iiSmokahontas

User Image
Cristel Nichole Gray
Nineteen Bisexual Part-Time College Student-Full Time Musician
Caring | Schizophrenic | Childish

San_Katt

User Image
Rebekah Justine Wallis
Twenty-Four Pansexual Belly Dancer
Friendly | Loving | Stubborn

Angelically_Evil

The Guysxxxx

User Image
Noah David Ashton
Twenty-four Gay Bookstore Cashier
Introverted | Stubborn | Loyal

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User Image
Trent Austin Wilde
Eighteen Gay Unemployed
Friendly | Naive | Forgetful

SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User Image
Colin Dallas Johnson
Twenty-Seven Homosexual Firefighter
Loyal | Silly | Over-Protective

Angelically_Evil

Shy Exhibitionist

Setting

User Image

xxxxThe Neighborhood
              Magnolia Way is an LGBT neighborhood located in Queens, New York. Here are some places of which to be aware:

Nuance Cafe - A restaurant that's quite popular among the locals. Some may say that it's not exactly cheap, but most would agree that the food is delicious. It's open from 10am to 10pm Monday through Thursday, 10am to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and closed on Sunday.

Kings & Queens - One of the bars in the area. It's open from 3pm to 11pm Monday through Thursday, 3pm to 1am on Fridays and Saturdays, and 3pm to 10pm on Sundays.

Pulse - A gay club. Open from 9pm to 2:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.

Joe Schmo's - A locally owned restaurant founded by a man named Joe. The restaurant has changed hands since then when Joe was stricken with cancer, but the name has remained in memory of the man. Food is fairly priced. Open 7am to 10pm Sunday through Thursday and 7am to midnight Fridays and Saturdays.

Peace, Love, & Ink - A fairly large Modern Liberal tattoo shop. Endless variety of designs. You have the funds, you can get it inked. Hours : Mon. Thru Sat. Noon to Closing Time; Sunday 9 to 8. Flash Fridays -- Twenty Five dollar relatively small tattoos. Chosen out of the book or if a personal design is doable. Trades are optional. Ink for an artistic, mind boggling item for the shop. If known locally, you're more likely to get away with bartering.

A small park.

A public pool.

If anyone has anything they'd want to add here, send me a PM to suggest it. Be sure to include a name, maybe a picture or two, and a description of the establishment, which should include opening hours.

xxxxDate & Time
              Thursday, June 28th
              Around Noon

xxxxWeather
              Sunny and clear. Temperature is currently 90℉.

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageI fell into a dream for a year of my life
Where nothing's quite what it seems
It's consuming me
It's killing everything inside

User Image

My reality
Of what couldn't be
But I still keep your memory
Burned into me

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

Another c**k-crazed gay purchasing another erotica. Of course, Noah wasn't judging (he too had his own small collection, and had even written a few unpublished ones himself), but instead merely making an observation. It never mattered to him, and even if he was a prude, perhaps his thoughts regarding other matters would provide enough of a distraction from feeling disdain from a buyer's choice in genre.

His cousin moved in with him and Bekah last night. Needing to be quieter than usual while going about his morning routine had been odd, and space seemed a little cramped now that someone was sleeping in their living area, but, overall, he didn't mind helping out his relative. It meant someone else could help pay rent, once Trent got a job (which, ideally, he'd start looking for today, but intuition told him the thought wouldn't even cross his mind).

Though he did have a few concerns when it came to his cousin. Trent was far too nice and trusting to be living in a big city. He feared someone might take advantage of that--or worse, take advantage of him. Noah spent at least half of the drive from the airport to the apartment telling Trent that he would need to be careful, but how well would he heed his warning? He also wondered if his cousin's interest in city living would be short-lived. Queens was nothing like his small town in Kentucky; things weren't so laid-back and spacious. Of course, maybe he would be wrong in assuming Trent would grow to dislike it here, and even if he was right, it wouldn't be any trouble to him personally, but it would be a bit perturbing to have him want to leave within two weeks of being here.

It was because of Trent that he didn't turn off his cell like he normally did while on the job. That way if the teen needed something and he couldn't get a hold of--or didn't feel comfortable asking--Bekah, he could text him. He wouldn't feel right in checking his phone during a shift, but then again, his boss wasn't strict, and there wasn't always a steady stream of customers stepping up to the register, so he should be okay with making an exception for a day or two.

Pushing the thoughts away, Noah occupied himself by looking around the store, now that Erotica Man had made his purchase. It was small, with plenty of bookshelves covering a number of genres and subjects. Some may consider it to be cramped in here, but there was enough space for two people of average size to walk through the aisles. Noah saw only a few people perusing the selection, but maybe there could have been more in spots that the shelves hid, for all he knew. Sometimes he was surprised that this store managed to stay in business, but, of course, he wasn't complaining. It had given him a nearby place to buy his own reading material, and it was a nice place for a job when school was out for the summer.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image User Image User Image

Jonathon Maverick Hill

User Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing that familiar voice almost took Jon by surprise; Colin must've came in when John had his hand covering his eyes because it wasn't until, well, now that he knew the man was here, the one that could end up ripping him and his cousin apart. For that he reason he found it hard to get too close, torn between forgetting about how this could upset Noah and trying to be somewhat loyal to family. Talks had to be kept at least somewhat short if there was a chance Noah could stumble on them together, and Jon kept his pants on around the guy. He was tempted to have another romp in the hay, one that he could actually remember, because, hey, Colin was hot, and firefighters were one of his favorite men, along with cops and soldiers. But he felt that would be crossing more of a line than what he was now when it came to his cousin.

Regardless of any potential conflict his older friend could bring about, Jon had no intentions to tell Colin to buzz off. A smile curved his thin lips as he looked at the man who was stepping over to where he was. "Hey," he said, watching him sit down at the other side of the table. He took another sip of his coffee before setting the cup down, and he laughed at Colin's question. "Not yet. I gotta wake up first. I stayed up until about three in the morning and slept too long. Glad I don't gotta work today. My day would already be spent if I was." Jon never thought he had much of an accent. He lived in the northern part of Kentucky in a town where not too many people had much of a country twang to their voice. Of course, for people from New York, it probably would've been clear he wasn't from here.

He leaned forward a little, lower arms resting on the table. The prospect of conversation sort of helped to wake him up. And maybe the caffeine was kicking in a little quickly. Jon glanced down where he thought he saw Colin set his bag down, although he wouldn't be able to see it with the table being in the way. "What about you? You heading to the gym?" Most of him doubted it, that Colin probably came back from there instead, but all the better if he was actually going there. If Jon was going to go to the gym after he finished here, he would love to have someone to talk to while he pumped some iron. While he waited for a reply, Jon picked up half of his sandwich, taking another bite out of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outfit: Click

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image
      Perfectionist Honest Impatient Introverted Responsible
Bradley Joseph Stern 17 Senior Male

User Image
      Hotheaded Rash Selfish adjective four adjective five
First Middle Last Age (14 - 1 cool Grade (Freshman - Senior, or teacher) Gender

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items