Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image
                                                        User Image

Social Media & DMs

The skeletons below can be altered, just be sure it's clear who's addressing whom, what the date of the message is, and whether it's a text, Twitter post, etc.

Text message code:

[align=center][img]The 150x150 image of your character[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MWzmG2q.jpg?1[/img] [img]The 150x150 image of the other character[/img]
                                                        [b]From:[/b] name here [color=white]XXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/color] [b]To:[/b] name here

[b]Date & Time:[/b]

Text goes here![/align]

Phone calls code:

[align=center][img]The 150x150 image of your character[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NzPBF9B.png?1[/img] [img]The 150x150 image of the other character[/img]

Dialogue here[/align]

Skype code:

[align=center][img]The 150x150 image of your character[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7yH0zMB.png?1[/img] [img]The 150x150 image of the other character[/img]

Chat text[/align]

Twitter code:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IzGA8JC.png?1[/img]

[imgleft]The 150x150 image of your character[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                                        [b]Test Test[/b] · [color=grey]@twittertag[/color] · [color=grey]date & time here[/color]

Tweet goes here
                                                        [img]https://i.imgur.com/xL4Z2Tj.png[/img][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Shy Exhibitionist

Who You're Lurkin' On

• Ohhi, you can call me Sparkles.
  • I'll be 28 this year and I have a nine-to-five job that can leave me coming home stressed some nights.
  • I'm EST fo' life. Because of my job, my responses, both IC and OOC, usually happen in the evening.
  • I'm into slice of life, apocalyptic/survival, modern fantasy, dystopians. Also long walks on the beach.
  • I write what I deem is necessary in terms of action, setting the scene, and characterization. Sometimes that can mean several paragraphs or only one or two, if a scene is better served by snappier action. For samples, you can go to this group, where I play Andy and Tristan, to get a more natural view of my style, or you can go to a boring thread where I hand-picked posts I liked.
  • I try to respond at least once a week. On occasion it can take me up to two weeks.
  • I have a Discord that I can give upon request, just know that I'm slow at plotting regardless of where we are, at least until momentum is built. I like to think.
  • I have a secret: I'm not really a zombie.

Who I'm Lookin' For

• Someone who is at least 18, preferably at least 21.
  • Someone with roleplay experience who treats quantity as an afterthought.
  • Someone who is patient and can post at least once every 1-3 weeks.
  • Someone who is willing to communicate. Chit-chat is pretty rad too, but I find it helpful to at least brainstorm and talk plot to keep the muse going.

What the Dealio is

• I'm willing to roleplay in a thread on Gaia, email, or give Google Docs a try. I know of another forum for greater content freedom. Just ask.
  • Only cis M/M for primary pairings.
  • The lead characters should be at least 18, with flashbacks and that sorta thing of course being an exception.
  • Real face claims preferred, and they should be at least 18. In very few cases I might be open to illustrations, but I'm not very fond of anime or anything super cartoon-y.
  • Masculine appearances, please! Anything from boy next door to rugged soldier works. Also, no long hair.
  • Doubling is fine depending on what's needed for the story. I'm willing to help with NPCs/secondary characters, too.
  • My characters tend to be switches, tops, or power bottoms. I prefer switches. Bottoms should have a backbone unless a plot specifically calls for something else. To me, atypical top-bottom dynamics are as cool as the typical ones.
  • All ideas below are flexible and input is encouraged. I'm also open to other ideas. Just ask!
  • If you want a larger version of a face claim's image from the lists below, you can right-click > Open Image in New Tab.
  • PM me or respond to this thread if you're interested!

Slice of Life

Toe the Line

Version 1
The Brick Yard gym, home to long-time weight class champion Character A, is one of the hot spots for well-rounded MMA training. That's why Character B has traveled all this way, hardly a dollar to his name, to hone his skills at the same gym as the man he wants to beat someday. It's flattering and amusing...until Character A realizes that, unlike the others, this one actually has talent.

Version 2
Character A used to be a champion, but a fall from grace forced him to take a sabbatical in the state penitentiary, or rehab. Now that he's done his time, he's ready to hop back into the cage and reclaim former glory, only it turns out that Coach has gained a new pet pupil. Let the rivalry begin.

Faces I could use for Character A:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Faces I could use for Character B:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Three's A Crowd (Version 1)

After a few years, wedded bliss isn't so blissful for the Turners. What once was a spark is now just...dull contentment. When Character C comes to stay with them, temptation sets in and threatens the home they started together.

Other Notes: I see the story being anything from jealousy and cheating to an attempt at polyamory, or a combination of the two. An upper- or middle-class suburb or gated community or small town would probably be the best fit.

Character C could be a coworker; a friend, old or current, of one of the husbands; or a young homeless man. Someone would have to write for two of the characters. I would be okay with doing so.

Faces I could use for Character A and/or B:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Three's A Crowd (Version 2)

Character A and B were high school sweethearts before A went off to war. They swore they wouldn't let the distance affect them, but hardly a year in, and one of them cheated. If the breakup wasn't bad enough, it also resulted in the woman getting pregnant.

Character B's term has ended and he has returned home. Will the cheater be able to rekindle the flame?

Other Notes: The woman could be in or out of the picture. I would be open to M/F interactions if she were still around, but the primary pairing is of course Characters A and B. I think a town or small city would be the best for the story.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

On the Ranch

Character A had been working on the Pratchett farm for at least a decade now. He supposed that made him like family. He ate supper with them, they allowed him to be a part of their holidays since he had no blood of his own to visit, and he watched Character B grow up and blossom into a young man. The prodigal son left for a few years, for college, or the military, or to live a little, but recently returned.

Version 1
After all, when your father was diagnosed with cancer, it was time for the family to come together. The news didn't promise long, maybe a few months at most. They would fight it--of course they would, because not a single Pratchett had it in their nature to call it quits. Still, Character B's dad was nothing if not a practical man. If the doctor's prognosis turned out to be accurate, someone had to be ready to fill in the shoes he'd leave behind. His wife was capable of shouldering some of the responsibility, but not alone. The rest would have to fall on Character B.

It would be a trying time for the young man. Character A had always been there, like an older brother whom Character B could confide in when he needed it. That wouldn't change. But sometimes feelings emerge through the vulnerabilities, and when they grab you by the reins, sometimes you can't help but to act.

Version 2
Character B had his fill of adventure, and now he was ready to settle down. It was a whirlwind romance from the beginning. No doubt existed in his mind that Sam was the one. With the wedding date approaching, it was time to get back to work at the ranch his father would pass on to him someday.

Character A meant no harm, honest, but somehow, things were different now, something he didn't quite notice until it sprung on him like a snake in the grass. Maybe it was a certain look, or a few too many deep conversations, but those were excuses. It didn't take away from the fact that he kissed Character B. Hopefully it didn't cost him a job, and hopefully Character B could overlook the transgression, but now that it happened, he can't get the man out of his head.

Version 3
Because after nearly losing his life in the war, with scars that are both mental and physical, it was time to come home. It would be a trying time for the young man. Character A had always been there, like an older brother who Character B could confide in when he needed it. That wouldn't change. But sometimes feelings emerge through the vulnerabilities, and when they grab Character B by the reins, he can't help but to act.

Other Notes: Character A should be 19-24. Character B should be at least 28.

Faces I could use for Character A:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Save the Ranch

Character A's grandpa passed away from natural causes while he slept in his own bed, the way he would have wanted it. It offered some relief to those who mourned the loss of life, and for those greedier souls, it meant it was time to read the will. More importantly, they would all learn who would gain ownership of the ranch.

The news surprised them. It was Character A, the grandson everyone overlooked, who held a dead-end job and never seemed like the type to amount to anything more than a hill of beans. The old man probably had a good ol' hoot as he witnessed their reactions from up in heaven. But to him, who else? Not his ungrateful children, who would sell the property in a heartbeat; not the government; and most certainly not McCreary from the neighboring ranch. They all could kiss his a**. The ranch had to remain within the family, and if there was any chance of ensuring that, it would be through Character A, whether the boy himself recognized it or not.

Most of the hands didn't stick around. As far as they knew, none of Mr. Harrison's family had an iota of interest in keeping a ranch that was already in rocky territory. They had a better chance elsewhere. Not Character B. He didn't know a lot about this Character A fella, much less why Mr. Harrison chose him, and it might have left him rather miffed, but he reckoned the old man was a little more than a stubborn fool. What he did know was that Mr. Harrison specifically asked him to ensure Character A took over the ranch, that no one, not even Character A himself, convinced him to sell, and to help him keep the ranch in operation. So Character B would. After all, he owed his former employer. Here was hoping he wasn't wasting his time.

Faces I could use for either Character A:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Faces I could use for either Character B:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Day and Night

Back then, Character A and Character B were two peas in a pod, but they were as different as day and night. Character A was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and to a lineage that created many of the town's important figures, his own father having held the position of mayor. With great history came great responsibility: he was expected to maintain the family's reputation.

Character B, on the other hand, was a troublemaker who thirsted for fun and left no stone unturned. Hailing from the trailer park, his parents were drunkards and manipulators who were looked down on by the fairer townspeople.

The two, despite the odds and the forces that worked against them, were close growing up until something tore them apart in high school. They went their separate ways, seemingly on track for what life destined for them: Character A followed in his family's footsteps, taking up an important position in the town (mayor, sheriff, church leader, etc.), and Character B was marched off to prison.

It has been several years. Character B has returned to town, looking to fix past mistakes, and maybe rekindle an old connection.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Apocalyptic/Survival

The End is Nigh

They came from the skies.

They were a threat much more powerful than humanity and seemed to reduce the global numbers by over half in a single day. No one is safe. Everyone must fend for themselves.

Our characters are mere civilians trying to survive the chaos.

Faces I could use for my character:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hunting Grounds

The Hunter Society is an innocuous organization on the surface, but it offers a special kind of game to its innermost circle: humans. On a private island off the coast of the US, they have their fun with little chance for their prey to escape.

Our characters, two strangers, are among the next round of victims.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The Beginning of the Rest of Their Lives

Version 1

It was their final year of college. Futures lied just around the corner with each friend's path destined to carry them in different directions. This last spring break of their youth had to be a good one. They scrounged up the money to go somewhere special, just the four of them, but celebration caves to fear after a mysterious virus brings society to its knees. They know that if they say goodbye, it's forever.

Version 2

Not all friendships survive. They grew up in the same town, but nowadays, that is about all they have in common after the decay caused by time and arguments. Only one of them has remained a constant in each of their lives. He misses the group that used to be, so he devised a plan to bring them all together for a week's vacation, but when a mysterious virus sweeps across the nation, friendship will be the least of their concerns.

Other Notes: The expectation would be that we double up on the characters. Two of them can be more secondary. They don't all have to be paired off.

Faces I could use for my characters:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Breakout

An infection tears the outside world apart while a pair of inmates are doing time. Corrupt guards stand between them and freedom.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fandom

The 100
The Hunger Games
Mass Effect
The Walking Dead
Last of Us
Teen Wolf

Pairings

Jock x Jock
Jock x Nerd
Nerd x Bad Boy
Jock x Bad Boy
Jock x Coach
Frat Boys
Roommates

Bandmate x Bandmate
Bandmate x Manager
Rising Actor x Fading Star

Soldier x Soldier
Gangster x Gangster
Gangster x Cop
Boxer/MMA Fighter x Boxer/MMA Fighter
Superhero x sidekick/superhero
Superhero x civilian

Ranch Hand x Ranch Hand
Ranch Owner x Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand x Ranch Owner's Son
City boy x country boy

Employer x Employee/Intern
Rich x poor/homeless

Brother x sibling's boyfriend
Brother x sibling's enemy
Ex-friend x ex-friend
Best friend x best friend
Best Friend x best friend's dad

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                P E R S O N A L I T YxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXX

[✖] STRENGTHS »

• Excellent marksman, he was one of the top riflemen in his company while he was in the Marines.

• Good with hand-to-hand combat, military and police trained.

• Good survival skills. He was trained to live in tough conditions and how to live off what he had and the land when he was in the marines.

[✖] WEAKNESSES »

• Can overreact in stressful situations, loud ‘bang’ noises can occasionally cause him to have flashbacks if he’s caught off guard.

• Deep water, he’s never been a strong swimmer, and not being able to see the bottom of whatever body of water he’s in can cause him to panic.

• He can sometimes be a bit arrogant and stubborn, and has gotten into fights over this. When he thinks he knows what’s best or right, he will fight tooth and nail to make others see it that way.

[✖] LIKES »

[✖] DISLIKES »

[✖] FEARS »

[✖] TRAITS »
                                                                Logan is generally a people person, he is usually well liked by his peers, and presents himself in a way that can light up a room. He puts on an optimistic face but can be quite pessimistic, in an attempt to keep spirits up. Those that have known Logan well, or worked with him, however, have seen a whole different side of the man. Logan is known to have a very quick temper, and frequently will get into verbal and/or physical fights with people. His girlfriend knew this best, and although he never hurt her, there were times she was legitimately concerned. When he’s not in a bad mood, or with someone he dislikes, however, Logan can be a very sweet and caring individual. Although he could be quite violent, Logan was mostly known by his friends and family for how generous and upbeat he is.

He can be a bit of an opportunist, however. This is both good and bad since it’s this aspect of himself combined with his determination that got him where he was career wise, but it occasionally would put others out. His adaptive and intuitive personality also greatly helped to get him where he was, but he’d often come off as arrogant and far too bold. One thing about Logan that his partners in the military and police force would say, however, is that he was one hell of a partner. He would never leave anyone down or purposely put them in a dangerous situation, and often would risk his own life to save another.

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageXUser ImageXUser Image
Toby Bryant Thirty-three Male Factory Worker Greg Finley SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie Profile Link
      How the hell did you end up here? »»» A resident of Alabama, Toby came to Atlanta to visit his brother. They weren't together at the time of the apocalypse. Instead, Toby was at the casino, where he has been holed up since.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Catalyst

To change!
                                                  The year is 2525. Technology had advanced over the years and humankind had gradually spread from Earth to other planets. In 2400, they discovered other races. During that time, tension was already thick between the majority of them, and the humans' arrival only seemed to worsen that. An intergalactic war seemed imminent. It was just a matter of who attacked who first.

Alliances had already been formed between most of the races. The grün were with the tsali, and the raveka, chamillins, and arachnas were allied. The utangee and the naitrems were the only two to remain neutral; indeed, the humans quickly worked to form ties of their own out of an attempt to gain a spot in the galaxy. That was how they joined the grün and tsali.

Years passed slowly until the war finally started in 2420. The raveka launched an attack on the tsali, and the other races who were in the alliances followed suit. The war lasted seven long years. It ended with the human Adrian Thomas Smith defeating Rordar Kurg, the raveka warlord, after the humans, tsali, and grün convinced the utangee to help them. A month later, the Galactic Alliance was born, the organization formed as a means to help keep all of the races on neutral terms and prevent another war.

Things went fine for the next 98 years. While some would say that they sensed bitterness between some of the races, there were no more battles. There were minor disagreements, but nothing that came close to starting another war. In 2525, though, it almost looked as though things would change. The chamillins discovered that the grün had kidnapped some of their people to run experiments on them. Tensions quickly flared between the two, and old alliances began to back up their respective comrades. The Galactic Alliance tried to prevent things from escalating too far, but they seemed almost voiceless in this new conflict.

After a month, things settled down as the chamillins and grün managed to resolve the issue, with the grün releasing the captives. Still, a new war had nearly broken out, and the Galactic Alliance realized this. They decided that they needed some kind of way to maintain peace and order in the galaxy. That was when they came up with the idea of a covert group that would, for the most part, work for them, but would otherwise remain, and appear, independent. Two months had passed since then as they prepared a ship and recruited people for the crew. Now these men are about to meet for the first time, with the Galactic Alliance hoping that this will give them the kind of power they need in the galaxy.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Rules

• The GM is SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie.
                                                  • This roleplay is looking for players who...

• ...can form coherent sentences, provide sufficient detail, and help advance the scene based on what is reasonable for their character. They care about writing posts that accomplish what they need to and don't treat length/word count as a priority.
                                                    • ...have done play-by-post roleplaying for a while.
                                                    • ...are at least eighteen, for the comfort of the adults in the room.
                                                    • ...can post within a 1-2 week period.
                                                    • ...understand the difference between player and character, or OOC and IC. They don't metagame or godmode.
                                                    • ...will be communicative in terms of the roleplay and their availability to post.
                                                    • ...join a roleplay with a willingness to collaborate. They don't actively try to make the roleplay about their character every step of the way. They also are respectful toward other players and don't ignore posts.

• Players are encouraged to help shape the story and implement subplots. The GM(s) will have an active hand in guiding things. They are happy to assist in player endeavors and personal character arcs if ideas are communicated to them.

To add to the fun and excitement, the game will employ a combination of freeform and a lightweight d20 system. Everything the player needs to know will be available in this thread, and while there will be some dice rolls, they will be handled by the GM(s), allowing players to focus on the roleplaying and the creativity and less on the technical aspects, unless they desire otherwise. More details are provided below and in subsequent posts.

Character death is only a chance for those who give their permission.

• Because of the system elements, a single post ought to keep its actions and dialogue condensed. Try to use good judgment with each situation. Conversation has more breathing room than a moment of chaos, for example. At least a paragraph per post is wanted. Players are still expected to put in thought with each response, to provide something with substance. Substance does not equal filler.

• Each player can have only one character. A character can always be replaced with another if desired by a player. Timing may be a factor, but the GM(s) will work with the player to support it.

• Artwork should be used for character images. Anime is not preferred but is accepted as long as the hair color and style is realistic. Understand that this isn't an anime game; the GM(s) want it more grounded in realism in terms of character behaviors and actions. Any other type of artwork is acceptable, including 3D/CGI.

All of that said, the characters must appear to be eighteen or older; if there is any question that the male in the image does not meet that criteria, the GM(s) will ask that another image is used.

• This is an M/M game--not to be confused with yaoi, because some of its tropes aren't wanted. A space where the cast of characters lean masculine in appearance, whether cis or trans, is desired over catering to fans of the Japanese genre. Images of men with overtly cute or feminized appearances, who seem to be well represented in other M/M games, will not be accepted here.

• Post formats should include a character image and the character's name. The posts themselves should be at least 11px, to make them easier to read.

• There will be gore and possibly other mature elements, but everyone is expected to know what is acceptable on Gaia.

System

The game will use a blend of freeform and a d20 system. Below are guidelines that may change as we go. The intent is to adapt them based on what seems best for the group during a given period.

How the GM Uses Dice Rolls

Dice rolls will not be used for everything. Primarily, dice rolls will be used during combat and events where the GM(s) are taking a direct hand in the story, whether through narration or NPCs. So, if a character wants to determine whether an NPC in a GM event is lying, that will involve a dice roll, or if a character wants to use their charm to persuade the NPC into doing something, that too will be a dice roll, and so will virtually any other influential action. Outside of combat and GM events, mostly everything will be freeform, unless players request otherwise.

The process for a dice roll could vary. Probably most of the time, a dice roll will be prompted based on the action a character performs in their post. In other cases, players may ask for a dice roll in advance, which they will then honor. In other other cases, the GM(s) might make dice rolls behind the scenes, just to determine whether a character may hear approaching enemies or notice that someone is lying. Within reason, the GM(s) will use the content of a character's post, and that character's sheet, to determine what influences a roll, so details within a post are important.

The GM(s) will make all dice rolls in the Discord server for the sake of transparency. Players may make their own dice rolls if they prefer. Where applicable, the GM(s) will provide that player with a difficulty to beat.

The GM(s) may grant a bonus to dice rolls if they thought a post or an action was specially creative.

GM vs Player Involvement (Plot, NPCs)

The players are allowed agency over the story and the world. How much depends on the players themselves. The more the players come together with their characters to help them develop, the more they do on their own to keep the story moving, and the more proactive each player is, the more the GM(s) may take a backseat. Player requests for personal plots or NPCs are also taken into account.

Generally, the GM(s) will guide the group while trying not to railroad. They will do this through NPCs and events, like offering a side quest or maybe even an accusation for a crime the party didn't commit. They are also happy to assist with a character's personal story. Is the character looking for someone or something, or is there another goal they want to accomplish? If asked, the GM(s) will introduce plot points or NPCs, taking any player preferences or input into account, throughout the game to help those arcs along.

All GM Posts will be labeled accordingly.

Players may control trivial NPCs for trivial means, like bartenders or a town guard, on their own. They may also control important NPCs in their character's personal life or ask another player to do so for them. In both situations, the GM(s) are also happy to play those NPCs if asked.

GM & Player Trust

Needless to say, some trust is needed for the relationship to work. The GM(s) will try their best to direct the game while being attentive to the players. For example, those who enjoy risk might get more intense personal events and consequences thrown their character's way, while those who don't might get a lighter arc. Group events and plot points are a little trickier, but the GM(s) will try to compromise between different tastes.

The GM(s) will not kill or do anything to a character that will permanently remove them from the story, unless permission has been given in the character's sheet, which can be changed at any time with notification to the GM(s). The other exception is if a player leaves.

If the GM(s) are doing something that is not working for a player, the GM(s) are happy to discuss. The intent is for everyone to have a good time, and the GM(s) are open to feedback. They can't know what to adjust if they aren't aware of it!

On the flip side, the GM(s) entrust players to be fair with their agency. Being a troll, attempting to ignore or override outcomes, or other such nonsense will have consequences.

How Posting Will Work

In most roleplays, everyone takes their turn in sequential order before a person can post again. This roleplay is going to work a little differently. The following might be adjusted during the life of the game, based on the shifting needs of the players, but it entails the general guidelines.

When a GM Post happens, that GM will wait, at most, two weeks before making the next GM Post. All involved players are given the chance to post once within that time frame. The order doesn't matter. If a player wants to post immediately, they can. If they want to wait for someone else to post first, they can. They just want to make sure they respond before that next GM Post, or they lose their chance to react. The GM may post sooner if everyone has completed their turn, though they are not required to.

If a player doesn't post in time, they'll simply be skipped. In most cases, where feasible, it won't pose a consequence, because, hey, things happen. They'll be momentarily ignored or ghosted. Inactivity for two or more rounds, however, may cause the player and their character to be removed. The GM(s) will try to be reasonable based on a given circumstance.

Sometimes, players know they can't post, or they lack the creative energy that round, and that's okay! In those cases, players are welcome to explain what their character does or provide lines of dialogue to the group. It's a great compromise to keep the story moving and to reduce pressure on any player. This isn't to be used to get a post in before someone else, though, only when the player knows they won't be able to post that round. If a player wants to post before someone else, they can just ask.

Also, players can ask to be skipped. Sometimes they might not have much to do in the moment, maybe because they don't have anything to add to the conversation, and that's okay. There's no reason to force a post. That said, in this case, there's no harm in writing a couple of lines, either. Whatever the player is comfortable with will work just fine.

Outside of combat and GM events, eh, it's the players' call on how post rounds are conducted, but use common sense.

Of course, some writers are speedier and it can pose an unfair advantage. The hope is that the speedier ones will try to be considerate and give the slower ones a chance to shine every so often. This might be done by allowing them to post first or through some other means. If a given player is posting first every round, the GM(s) reserve the right to ask them to wait.

Combat

Combat is done in rounds, where each player takes one turn per round. Each round will last up to two weeks before a new one begins. Tabletops use initiative to determine which character goes first. In this game's case, initiative will be whoever posts first/next. That includes enemies, who also get one turn per round.

An enemy will be two possible distances: In Reach or Far Away. In Reach means a character can close in on that enemy and attack in the same turn. Far Away means the character must spend a turn charging toward the enemy, unless they have a way to make a Ranged attack, or unless they have an Ability to close the distance more quickly.

Each participant can make multiple inconsequential actions per round, which are anything that can be performed with little effort and time and has little room for failure. This might be drawing a weapon, glancing around a room, or shouting words of encouragement to a companion.

Beyond those, each combatant can take one Action. These can be any of the following:
                                                  [list here]

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Species

The Milky Way is home to many species. Other than humans, the primary ones are...

• Treziks - An amphibian race. They are capable of secreting a toxin through their flesh that works as a paralytic agent. It is capable of stopping a heart when injected in a high enough dose. They are capable of regeneration, restoring a limb in a couple of months. They can live to be 100, and mates can produce a hundred eggs per year.

They achieved space travel first. That and their rapid reproduction rate enabled them to spread throughout the galaxy and exert their control over the other species they encountered. The Galactic Uprising reduced their numbers dramatically, and they were forced to return to their home world, Egarvis, where they have been demilitarized and are overseen by the Council. Those caught off the planet were deemed hostile and detained, if not killed, on sight, with perhaps few exceptions. They don't have a seat on Council.

Trezik society is patriarchal. Some women were permitted supporting roles within the important sectors of society. All were expected to oversee the home, and, if the family was lucky, the slaves, as well as to produce offspring. Polygyny was, and still is, a common practice for men with status, and some had concubines from other species. Women's rights haven't improved much since the Galactic Uprising.

• Dahle - Varying in color from blue and green to red and yellow, they are most recognizable by the pair of headtails adorning each of their heads. The headtails are made of muscle and grant movement, which they've incorporated into their language, and they are highly sensitive, capable of nearly incapacitating a Dahle when pulled. They can live up to 600 years.

They are a highly social species who value diplomacy and the arts. The young are raised with an emphasis on charity and uplifting the community over an individual. They aren't aggressive like other species, instead preferring to seek understanding and to reach consensus, with violence among them usually not escalating beyond skirmishes. Their home planet is __.

The women were valued by the treziks, and the men usually gave them up willingly, along with a percentage of resources, to maintain their relative independence. They weren't capable of developing spacefaring technology until they were freed from trezik control. Since the Galactic Uprising, they developed a close relationship with the trils, and also a strong alliance with the qaeti.

• Trils - This reptilian race has a scaly skin and denser muscle tissue that provides them with a wiry strength. They can live up to 85 years. Their ability to camouflage, coupled with the imprinting that occurs upon hatching, made them highly valued to the ruling military party of the treziks, who developed specialized material that taps into their natural ability. It's a technology that has since been "lost" after the Resistance, except those few suits that have remained.

Based on accounts of them being seen with the treziks, it's believed that the trils were the first to be "visited" by them, or at least the first to survive it. Not many of them joined the Uprising. Those that didn't were killed, something considered to be fair by the surviving numbers, as few as they were, although the ability for a mother to hatch up to a dozen eggs per year has allowed them to rebound.

Their home world is unknown. All historical accounts within the trils imply they were always with the treziks, and any records kept by the treziks were either destroyed or not found. The surviving trils were initially sent to live with the dahle to be kept under watch, but in recent years, they gained enough trust that their restrictions have lifted. Individuals and family units have been free to live among the other species as they see fit, though they have yet to be granted a seat on the Council.

They tend to be matriarchal in nature as long as other species don't interfere.

• Asai - Their most notable characteristic is the multiple horns adorning the top of their heads, something that is highly regarded among the males of the species. Their two hearts grant them better endurance. They can live up to 100 years.

The asai refused cooperation with the treziks, but being technologically disadvantaged caused many of them to die within weeks of first contact. The remaining numbers were enslaved, and those who resisted too much were tossed into arenas to fight to the death.

Their society used to be run by a colony-based system. An asai's tattoos were once based off of their origins, but it has now taken on a more individual flare. They valued might and self-sufficiency, for one helped to defend the colony while the other helped to ensure survival in times of peace. Those who especially failed to embody the latter were ostracized. A lot of this has remained true, but since the Uprising, their focus has been on rebuilding their numbers on their home planet, __. They are more unified and more forgiving of their weaker brethren, except in extreme circumstances.

When it comes to the other species, their demeanor tends to vary between standoffish and aggressive, with maybe few exceptions.

• Khils - Greenies

• Qaeti - Their glowing, red eyes grant them the ability to see in infrared, developed by life spent largely underground, in cave systems, where they could seek refuge from the harsh, frozen wasteland of their home planet, ___. They possess special glasses to conceal the glow when they need to. They can live up to 100 years.

They were the second race to achieve space flight and colonize other planets. It's primarily how they were discovered by the treziks. Their impressive fleet and comparable technology granted them favor among the treziks compared to most of the other species. The qaeti entered a reluctant alliance with them until the Uprising.

The qaeti follow a hierarchical meritocracy. Their attention to law and rank can make them come off as rigid. Their strong sense of public service and self-sacrifice make them good allies, though their ability to betray the treziks has raised some questions as to how genuine an alliance could be.

Tsali
                                                  Raveka
                                                  Grun
                                                  Trikens
                                                  Egnids
                                                  Arla
                                                  Agnars
                                                  Vit'eds
                                                  Kheveks
                                                  Rurcaks
                                                  Dev'i
                                                  Kitods
                                                  Qhesli
                                                  Khon
                                                  Okrea
                                                  Qhaut
                                                  Qaeti
                                                  Us'i
                                                  Qhiran

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Planets

The noteworthy planets are...

• Egarvis - This largely tropical planet is home to the treziks and a number of flora and fauna that is toxic to nonnatives. There is notable scarring, including stretches of wastelands that are just beginning to see life, throughout the world from past wars. With treziks valuing practicality over art, buildings are utilitarian in design.

The treziks were a warmongering people. Frequent battles spurred on technological advancement among the strongest nations, until one, under a military party, ruled them all. Since the Intergalactic Uprising, the Council has kept some control over trezik society; they employ security to squash resistance, but the trezik's govern themselves, as unstable as they may be, with crime and corruption running rampant.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Technology

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Characters

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

Skeletons

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Word has swept through the human Kingdom of Bandan: the city of Fairden is in need of brave adventurers to assist in the beastmen threat. A village was already decimated in an attack a few months back. There is concern that the beastmen are preparing to attempt a siege on Fairden next. With your own motivations, you have decided to lend a hand.

There is rumor that among the volunteers will be members of the Heroes' Guild, a collection of mighty adventurers known to assist in a worthy cause for those in need. Perhaps they will keep an eye out for new talent?

User Image User Image User Image

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rules

• The GM is SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie.
                          • This roleplay is looking for players who...

• ...can form coherent sentences, provide sufficient details, and help advance the scene based on what is reasonable for their character. They care about writing posts that accomplish what they need to and don't treat length/word count as a priority.
                            • ...are at least eighteen, for the comfort of the adults in the room.
                            • ...can post within a 1-2 week period.
                            • ...understand the difference between player and character, or OOC and IC. They don't metagame or godmode.
                            • ...will be communicative in terms of the roleplay and their availability to post.
                            • ...join a roleplay with a willingness to collaborate. They don't actively try to make the roleplay about their character every step of the way.
                            • ...are respectful toward other players and don't ignore posts.

• Players are encouraged to help shape the story and implement subplots. The GM(s) will have an active hand in the overall plot. They are happy to assist in player endeavors and personal character arcs if ideas are communicated to them.

To add to the fun and excitement, the game will use some elements of a tabletop system called OVA. Everything the player needs to know will be available in this thread, and while there will be some dice rolls, they will be handled by the GM(s), allowing players to focus on the roleplaying and the creativity and less on the technical aspects. More details are provided below and in subsequent posts.

Character death is only a chance for those who give their permission.

• Because of the system elements, a single post ought to keep its actions and dialogue condensed. Try to use good judgment with each situation. Conversation, of course, has more breathing room than a moment of chaos, for example. At least a paragraph per post is wanted. Players are still expected to put in thought with each response, to provide something with substance. Filler is not substance.

• This is an M/M game--not yaoi, because some of its tropes aren't wanted. The GM(s) desire a space where the cast of characters lean masculine, whether cis or trans. Men with overtly feminized appearances aren't likely to be accepted.

• Each player can have only one character.

• Artwork should be used for character images. Anime is not preferred but is accepted as long as the hair color and style is realistic. Understand that (despite OVA) this isn't an anime game; the GM(s) want it more grounded in realism in terms of character behaviors and actions. Think more in the terms of Elder Scrolls, for example. Any other type of artwork is acceptable, including 3D.

All of that said, the characters must appear to be eighteen or older; if there is any question that the male in the image does not meet that criteria, the GM(s) will ask that another image is used.

• Post formats should include a character image, the character's name, and their Health and Endurance. Optionally, they could also include a list of the Abilities and Weaknesses illustrated in the post - those will be explained later. The posts themselves should be at least 11px.

• There will be gore and possibly other mature elements, but everyone is expected to know what is acceptable on Gaia.

System

The game will use a blend of freeform and the OVA RPG system. OVA employs a fun and easy character creation process that helps to balance characters, and that information will appear in the next post. Below are guidelines that may change as we go. The intent is to adapt them based on what seems best for the group during a given period.

How the GM Uses Dice Rolls

Dice rolls will not be used for everything. Primarily, dice rolls will be used during combat and events where the GM(s) are taking a direct hand in the story, whether through narration or NPCs. So, if a character wants to determine whether an NPC in a GM event is lying, that will involve a dice roll, or if a character wants to use their charm to persuade the NPC into doing something, that too will be a dice roll, and so will virtually any other influential action. Outside of combat and GM events, mostly everything will be freeform, unless players request otherwise.

The process for a dice roll could vary. Probably most of the time, a dice roll will be prompted based on the action a character performs in their post. In other cases, players may ask for a dice roll in advance, which they will then honor. In other other cases, the GM(s) might make dice rolls without an obvious prompt, just to determine whether a character may hear approaching enemies or notice that someone is lying. Within reason, the GM(s) will use the content of a character's post, and that character's sheet, to determine what influences a roll, so details within a post are important.

The GM(s) will make all dice rolls in the Discord server for the sake of transparency. Players may make their own dice rolls in the Discord server if they are familiar with the OVA system, and as long as they explicitly state what the dice roll is for. Where applicable, the GM(s) will provide that player with a difficulty to beat.

The GM(s) may grant a bonus to dice rolls if they thought a post or an action was specially creative.

GM vs Player Involvement (Plot, NPCs)

The players are allowed agency over the story and the world. How much depends on the players themselves. The more the players come together with their characters to help them develop, the more they do on their own to keep the story moving, and the more proactive each player is, the more the GM(s) may take a backseat. Player requests for personal plots or NPCs are also taken into account.

Generally, the GM(s) will guide the plot through their own party character or an NPC while trying not to railroad. They may also toss events at characters, like a potential side quest, a pack of beasts, a natural disaster, or maybe even an accusation for a crime they didn't commit. They are also happy to assist with a character's personal story. Is the character on the run from a crime boss or do they want to accomplish a goal? If asked, the GM(s) will introduce plot points or NPCs throughout the game to help those arcs along. All GM Posts will be labeled accordingly.

The GM(s) will control enemies during combat and toss in NPCs to direct events or plot points. Players may control trivial NPCs for trivial means, like bartenders or a town guard, on their own. They may also control important NPCs in their character's personal life or ask another player to do so for them. In both situations, the GM(s) are also happy to control those NPCs if asked.

GM & Player Trust

Needless to say, some trust is needed for the relationship to work. The GM(s) will try their best to direct the game while being attentive to the players. For example, those who enjoy risk might get more intense personal events and consequences thrown their character's way, while those who don't might get a lighter arc. Group events and plot points are a little trickier, but the GM(s) will try to compromise between different tastes.

The GM(s) will not kill or do anything to a character that will permanently remove them from the story, unless permission has been given in the character's sheet, which can be changed at any time with notification to the GM(s). The other exception is if a player leaves.

If the GM(s) are doing something that is not working for a player, the GM(s) are happy to discuss. The intent is for everyone to have a good time, and the GM(s) are open to feedback. They can't know what to adjust if they aren't aware of it!

On the flip side, the GM(s) entrust players to be fair with their agency. Being a troll, circumventing or ignoring dice roll outcomes, or other such nonsense will have consequences.

How Posting Will Work

In most roleplays, everyone takes their turn in sequential order before a person can post again. This roleplay is going to work a little differently. The following might be adjusted during the life of the game, based on the shifting needs of the players, but it entails the general guidelines.

When a GM Post happens, that GM will wait, at most, two weeks before making the next GM Post. All involved players are given the chance to post once within that time frame. The order doesn't matter. If a player wants to post immediately, they can. If they want to wait for someone else to post first, they can. They just want to make sure they respond before that next GM Post, or they lose their chance to react. The GM may post sooner if everyone has completed their turn, though they are not required to.

If a player doesn't post in time, they'll simply be skipped. In most cases, where feasible, it won't pose a consequence, because, hey, things happen. They'll be momentarily ignored or ghosted. Inactivity for two or more rounds, however, may cause the player and their character to be removed. The GM(s) will try to be reasonable based on a given circumstance.

Sometimes, players know they can't post, or they lack the creative energy that round, and that's okay! In those cases, players are welcome to explain what their character does or provide lines of dialogue to the group. It's a great compromise to keep the story moving and to reduce pressure on any player. This isn't to be used to post before someone else, though, only when the player knows they won't be able to post that round. If a player wants to post before someone else, they can just ask.

Also, players can ask to be skipped. Sometimes they might not have much to do in the moment, maybe because they don't have anything to add to the conversation, and that's okay. There's no reason to force a post. That said, in this case, there's no harm in writing a couple of lines, either. Whatever the player is comfortable with will work just fine.

Outside of combat and GM events, eh, it's the players' call on how post rounds are conducted, but use common sense.

Of course, some writers are speedier and it can pose an unfair advantage. The hope is that the speedier ones will try to be considerate and give the slower ones a chance to shine every so often. This might be done by allowing them to post first or through some other means. If a given player is posting first every round, the GM(s) reserve the right to ask them to wait.

Combat

Combat is done in rounds, where each player takes one turn per round. Each round will last up to two weeks before a new one begins. Tabletops use initiative to determine which character goes first. In this game's case, initiative will be whoever posts first/next. That includes enemies, who also get one turn per round.

An enemy will be two possible distances: In Reach or Far Away. In Reach means a character can close in on that enemy and attack in the same turn. Far Away means the character must spend a turn charging toward the enemy, unless they have a way to make a Ranged attack, or unless they have an Ability to close the distance more quickly.

Each participant can make multiple inconsequential actions per round, which are anything that can be performed with little effort and time and has little room for failure. This might be drawing a weapon, glancing around a room, or shouting words of encouragement to a companion.

Beyond those, each combatant can take one Action. These can be any of the following:

• Attack or perform an Ability - when attacking; the GM(s) will assume the character is attacking to kill unless stated otherwise
                          • Recover 10 Endurance, maybe by taking a short breather or refocusing, anything creative - can be performed only once per battle
                          • Protecting someone who would otherwise take damage - the protecting character defends and takes any damage instead
                          • Focusing on defense to increase the chance of success
                          • Perhaps something else - be creative!

Except where an Ability, Weakness, Perk, or Flaw states otherwise, characters defend automatically without a cost to action.

Health & Endurance

The system uses two simple pools.

Health is a character's vitality and how many hits they can take before they're knocked down. If this is brought to zero, a character will either be knocked out or die, depending on whether a player wants death to be an option. Potions, healing spells, and a good night's sleep can restore it.

Endurance is the character's store of energy. Primarily, prolonged effort and special abilities, including spells, will use it. Zero Endurance means a character is completely winded and can't do much unless they are willing to spend Health. Resting for about half an hour will replenish it.

All characters start with 40 Health and 40 Endurance. Abilities and Weaknesses can modify these scores.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff