Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
oh yeah, definitely with tutors. Not like I have the big tutors yet (Demonic, Vampiric etc) but those would be a huge factor in running a single copy of anything if you have a means to fetch it.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Zeddicuus

Lands: 23 22

3x Temple Garden
3x Sacred Foundry
5x Mountain
4x Plains
8 7x Forest (1 of these are temporary placeholder as I test manabase)

Creatures: 24 26
3x Manaweft Sliver
1x Kalonian Tusker (placeholder)

4x Spire Tracer
4x Suntail hawk
2x Disciple of the Old Ways
4x Scavenging Ooze
1x Voice of Resurgence (really wanna keep this but a singleton isn't worth it)
3x Slaughterhorn
1x Witchstalker (Placeholder)
2x Boros Reckoner
4x Loxodon Smiter
1x Ghor-Clan Rampager (attempting to get 3 more)

Instants/Sorceries: 13 12

1x Advent of Wurm (placeholder)

4x Giant Growth
3x Madcap skills
3x Boros Charm
2x Armed//Dangerous (trying to get a hold of two more)

Total Size: 60

Current Changes to deck. This leads to a curve as this:

Creatures: 26 (22 not counting Ghor-Blood and Slaughterhorn)

1 CMC: 8
2 CMC: 7
3 CMC: 7 (10 counting the slaughterhorns but they're more of an instant buff)
4 CMC: 0 (1 counting the Ghor-Clan, but they're more of an instant buff)

Instants/ Sorceries: 12 (16 counting Ghor-Clan and Slaughterhorn)

1 CMC: 4 (7 counting the Slaughterhorn for their Blood Rush)
2 CMC: 8 (9 counting the Ghor-Blood for their Blood Rush)

There is heavy emphasis on the very early game and swinging as hard and as fast as possible with this deck. The nice thing about the Blood Rush creatures involved is they are decent on their own if I am forced to hardcast them.

Still going after the cards previously listed for the changes as I am currently just testing with the Spire Tracers but if they turn out good I'll figure out what to remove for the extra copies of Ghor-Clan and Armed//Dangerous at the very least. Witchstalker is still in there which is easily removable.

Any comments on this setup or suggestions?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zeddicuus
Zeddicuus

3x Temple Garden
3x Sacred Foundry
5x Mountain
4x Plains

3x Manaweft Sliver

4x Spire Tracer
4x Suntail hawk
4x Scavenging Ooze
3x Slaughterhorn
2x Boros Reckoner
4x Loxodon Smiter

4x Giant Growth
3x Madcap skills
3x Boros Charm

Current Changes to deck. This leads to a curve as this:

Creatures: 26 (22 not counting Ghor-Blood and Slaughterhorn)

1 CMC: 8
2 CMC: 7
3 CMC: 7 (10 counting the slaughterhorns but they're more of an instant buff)
4 CMC: 0 (1 counting the Ghor-Clan, but they're more of an instant buff)

Instants/ Sorceries: 12 (16 counting Ghor-Clan and Slaughterhorn)

1 CMC: 4 (7 counting the Slaughterhorn for their Blood Rush)
2 CMC: 8 (9 counting the Ghor-Blood for their Blood Rush)

There is heavy emphasis on the very early game and swinging as hard and as fast as possible with this deck. The nice thing about the Blood Rush creatures involved is they are decent on their own if I am forced to hardcast them.

Still going after the cards previously listed for the changes as I am currently just testing with the Spire Tracers but if they turn out good I'll figure out what to remove for the extra copies of Ghor-Clan and Armed//Dangerous at the very least. Witchstalker is still in there which is easily removable.

Any comments on this setup or suggestions?
suntail and spire do nothing here, add 4 pilgrims and 2 arbor elves

your spells do not support your aggro/midrangeyness, you should try some selesnya charms (maybe 2) and 2 Boros charms only, and if you are making a creature heavy deck, you can try 4x domri rades and maybe even 1 garruk (the m14 one)

also why are you not playing thundermaw? It's an amazing creature for the naya.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
The Spire and the Suntail do more than one would think. They're turn one drops with evasion to toss the instants/auras on ASAP. Combined with the 1 and/or 2CMC of the instants/blood rush effects going on, they can certainly do a lot. If done right, 20 damage in total by the attack on the third turn.

Also, as of Theros they remain standard legal where Arbor Elves cycle out. Ditto on Pilgrims. I thought of putting the pilgrims in at first but I'd only have them in there for 2 FNM so no real point on it.

The whole concept of the deck is to hit as fast and as hard as I can, not to into the midgame if I can avoid it. The idea is not to rely on the bigger creatures such as the Smiters they're only there because they're crazy efficient for the CMC and my playgroup tends to use discard in their black.

Due to the heavily aggressive nature of the deck, Domri or Garruk would actually slow it down as that would be less creatures/instants/ blood rush I'd be playing and put me on the defensive to keep them around to be useful. If this deck gets the right hand the game ends on turn 3. Why would I use up precious slots on cards that require defense?

As for not using Thundermaw, I do not have any, the people that have them won't trade them and they'll cycle out in 3 weeks so I don't think I"ll trade for them as I'm not big on Dragons unless they're in my Commander deck. Nice creature and all but well beyond the curve I'm looking for.

The Selesnya Charms I've been pondering, as I'm not sure what I"d remove to make the slots available. I could lose the Disciples for them. I do believe I have two and that's what I was thinking I could put in. The fact they're only 2 CMC is very appealing as well as the +2/+2 and Trample.

Basically, I"m making this deck as fast and smashy as possible, just to mess around with the midgame-lategame meta going on in my area. Speed is the key, speed kills. Just need to find a means to get more speed into the deck. Turn 3 kill is a good start but I'd like to make it more consistent.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Well, Theros was released, and on Friday I actually dished out enough for a whole booster box. Got lots of cool stuff and all kinds of deck ideas. This one I couldn't help myself after seeing so much heroic stuff in G/W. I just had to work with it for a casual idea that started storming through my head.

Lands: 20

10x Plains
10x Forest

Creatures: 18

3x Favoured Hoplite
4x Staunch-Hearted Warrior
3x Cavalry Pegasus
1x Fiendslayer Paladin (placeholder until I can get more Phalanx Leader)
2x Centaur Battlemaster
1x Precinct Captain (Again, more of a placeholder until I can get another Phalanx Leader)
2x Phalanx Leader
1x Fabled Hero
1x Fencing Ace

Instants/Sorceries: 22

1x Strength of the Tajuru
2x Dauntless Onslaught
4x Travel Preparations
4x Seeds of Strength
2x Blessing of Nature
2x Thrive
4x Pollen Remedy
3x Warrior's Lesson

Deck Size: 60

OK, obviously ignore the land situation. I have shocklands etc etc I plan to put into here, I just have to get motivated enough to dig them out

Strategy is pretty straight forward: Get out the creatures to go Heroic on someone and smash face ASAP. All spells can target more than one creature, causing multiple Heroic to go off. Target two or more Phalanx Leaders and things get crazy pretty fast!

I like the idea of Fiendslayer paladin Mirri Crusaders in here for the triggered Heroic abilities, but I am also liking all the heroic creatures as well to have more viable targets for all those spells.

Comments and suggestions are, as always, read and taken into consideration.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Zeddicuus
Alrighty! Back again with another Standard Deck. maybe two if I'm feeling energetic. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyways, the first one I'm going to list is a revision of the prototype in the previous post. I also mentioned that in the previous post. Here is the current incarnation and so far I've been quite pleased with the results.

Lands: 20

1x Thespian's Stage
3x Dragonskull Summit
1x Isolated Chapel
2x Sacred Foundry
1x Blood Crypt
2x Godless Shrine
1x Orzhov Guildgate
4x Plains
5x Swamp

Creatures: 20

2x Obzedat, Ghost Council
3x Syndic of the Tithe
2x High Priest of Penance
3x Vizkopa Guildmage
3x Blood Artist
2x Thrull Parasite
3x Basilica Screecher
2x Desecration Demon

Artifacts & Enchantments: 5

3x Exquisite Blood
1x Orzhov Keyrune
1x Traveler's Amulet

Instants & Sorceries: 15

4x Sign in Blood
4x Tragic Slip
3x Orzhov Charm
3x Bump in the Night
1x Bonfire of the Damned (FWOOSH baby!)

Severe alterations have been made to this deck as of Therosrolling in and Innistrad cycling out. This deck is still Standard legal.

Planeswalkers: 1

1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Lands: 22

3x Godless Shrine
1x Temple of Silence
1x Orzhov Guildgate
9x Swamp
8x Plains

Creatures: 19

2x Obzedat, Ghost Council
2x Archangel of Thune
2x Desecration Demon
4x Syndic of Tithes
3x Basilica Screecher
2x Highpriest of Penance
2x Thrull Parasite
2x Tithe Drinker

Enchantments: 1

1x Blind Obedience

Instants & Sorceries: 17

2x Thoughtseize
3x Duress
3x Sign in Blood
4x Orzhov Charm
4x Smite
1x Hero's Downfall

So, with the loss of Innistrad goes Exquisite Blood and Vizkopa Guildmage combo. This made me sad as it certainly helped me twist games on far more than one occassion. But now for something different with Extort considering the original intent of the deck itself.

Obviously, as everyone well knows, Archangel of Thune + Extort + cheap spells to cast to extort can cause some crazy shenanigans. Especially with all those early drops sitting about, which I added a couple more of for extort purpses. But what happens when a Planeswalker such as Elspeth gets involved in a deck that has so many little creatures that can suddenly grow big?

I figured it could be amusing so I tossed a copy in to see what'll happen. She's not vital to make the deck work as I tested it before she was put in and it worked fine. Just figured chump blocks that can be pumped by the Archangel or a fatty nuke could be handy.

The singleton Blind Obedience is mostly because I can't find my other Thrull parasites and if I get it, it will slow an opponent down slightly with some of their permanents ETB tapped and all. The extort ability is just greasy greasy gravy.

I don't have quite as much cheap creature removal this time around. Instead I went with Duress and Thoughtseize so I can choke off someone's combo before they can get going. 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' or 'a stitch in time saves nine' as the sayings go and all that.

The loss of the Vizkopa was pretty obvious. Her ability to give lifelink will most likely not be needed as either my creatures are not attacking. She was in there for the secondary ability but at a cost of three with no recursion to wipe the board of opponents I could just extort up to three more times instead. I'd sooner drain for 5 gain to 5 life than drain for 2, gain 2 life to have the opponent lose 2 more life for the same cost. Just seems more efficient, ya know?

Anyways, big change so any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Zeddicuus

3x Temple Garden
3x Sacred Foundry (previous version said three but that was a typo)
5x Mountain
4x Plains

3x Manaweft Sliver

4x Spire Tracer
4x Suntail hawk
4x Scavenging Ooze
3x Slaughterhorn
2x Boros Reckoner
4x Loxodon Smiter

4x Giant Growth
3x Madcap skills
3x Boros Charm

This deck has been heavily overhauled again, to help make the damage far more consistent I've added a bit of optional burn.

Lands: 22

4x Plains
6x Mountain
7x Forest
3x Temple Garden
2x Sacred Foundry

Creatures: 21

4x Suntail Hawk
4x Spire Tracer
4x Rakdos Cackler
2x Loxodon Smiter

4x Ghor-Clan Rampager
3x Slaughterhorn

Echantments: 3

3x Madcap Skills

Instants/Sorceries: 14

4x Armed//Dangerous
4x Giant Growth
3x Boros Charm
3x Warleader's Helix

Deck Size: 60

Strategy is the same as the previous version, just more consistency on the core strategy, along with some cards for burn to help with that final push. So far tests have been very positive, with many players caught off guard in my area in seeing such an aggressive deck in the current local meta. Many have slowed down to more of a mid range game and have issues coping with this deck, particularly with the odd cards chosen for the task. More than a few were confused at seeing Suntail Hawk and Giant Growths slapping them on in the teeth.

Personally I wanted to keep the Boros Reckoners in there. I might replace the Loxodon Smiters with them as people will hesitate to block a Reckoner. Just the triple colour requirement is a bit of a turn off. I will have to test the deck more to see if it's feasible given I should have a fourth Temple Garden on the way soon.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Alrighty, been a while since I"ve posted in here!

I've been going through some cards I received recently from a friend that is quitting out of M:tG. He sold off a most of his collection as he was big into vintage, but saved some of the more unusual stuff and sent it off to me to see what I could do with it. This was super awesome of this guy to do for sure!

Now, there is all kinds of stuff in this box. Stuff like Illicit Auction, Ethereal Champion, Nature's Resurgence, Escaped Shapeshifter, Mind Bomb, Yavimaya Elder... Lots of the stuff from back in days of M:tG before I even started!

Some of these cards are really neat, yet really odd at the same time. Normally I'm all for thinking outside the box so I've been looking through them, then going through them again looking for that something to cause a spark on the dry tinder, so to speak.

Then I stumbled across this a card in the stack that grabbed me by the ears and planted my face on the cardboard: Aku Djinn

And I thought OH MY EREBOS I WANNA ABUSE THIS. I want to give people the hopes of getting goodies from black by my hands just to have their hopes dashed along with their brains across the floorboards.

Now, I know what most are going to say. "Why bother, Zedd? It's an inferior card. There's so much better out there!"

The answer is pretty clear cut: "Because I can and it won't be expected."

So, we take something that gives the opponents an advantage. Their creatures keep getting bigger. That's not a good thing to have going on.

Or is it?

What if Aku there, had a friend that just loved counters? Something like Kulrath Knight? That can put a damper on the downside of the Aku.

So what if you start mixing other cards in there that affect counters? Since the deck can go R/B for the Knight I can get Spike Cannibal to steal those counters. I can use a variety of spells to place -1/-1 counters on creatures to keep them pinned down with the Kulrath Knight while the Aku Djinnn works in conjunction with that.

An alternative is to mess people up with Endless Whispers, so the Aku just keeps bouncing all over when it dies, thus pumping everyone's creatures up.

If I remember right there is even some green cards to work along the same lines.

So, going along that line I can end up with something like this as part of a rough deck outline:

Aku Djinn
Kulrath Knight
Endless Whispers
Spoils of War

Stuff that adds counters but would be nullified by this setup is:

Contagion
Incremental Blight

I will have to continue digging through to find more but this could be something intriguing.

Dedcadent Pants

For those who are too lazy to look up the cards:

Illicit Auction
Ethereal Champion
Nature's Resurgence
Escaped Shapeshifter
Mind Bomb
Not doing Yavimaya Elder due to Duel Deck and Commander reprintings (Phyrexian vs. the Coalition, Devour for Power, etc).

And the last one, Aku Djinn.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Looking at some random cards I had another concept. Not sure if I'll actually build it as I'm not one to use infinite loops that much though:

Servant of Tymaret+Presence of Gond+Intruder Alarm = Opponents drained of all life at the same time as well as a crap ton of elves!

I bet there's a whole group of things I can do with the untap ability in shadowmoor too with this. So far it's G/U/B so I can add all kinds of card draw and tutors to get the pieces.

This could be amusing. I'll have to work on this one some more as well and see what develops. just thought I'd toss it out here for people to see before I forget about it.

Comments and/or suggestions to fill out the deck are welcome of course. I'll post back here later for sure on this one to bulk it up to something more interesting, that's for sure.

Also, on a side note with the Aku Djinn. The more I look at him, the more welcome he looks to the latest incarnation of MAd Hatter's Tea Party. Creature swapping deck I have run off and on for the last couple of years at least. I'll have to post the newest decklist for that as well I think when I have more time!

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Well well, been a long long time since I posted here.

The Inspired deck has long come and gone with a few different infinite loops (the one listed, plus a few others) It was amusing for a few games but it got boring pretty fast as there wasn't much variety in how it played.

Been working on a different deck instead. Went back to an ancient list (I'm sure this dates back in my thread to the pages with Innistrad Block, probably like page 20. Too lazy to track it down) with a core concept I had then and tried to ramp it up a little.

The core concept is this: It's a G/W/B deck with Requiem Angel and Essence of the Wild on the table, I have a slew of options to break into all kinds of shenanigans. Basically I can sacrifice a creature, which is a non-spirit creature. Since a non-spirit creature died, I get to place a 1/1 spirit token into play that Essence of the Wild turns into a copy of itself instead, which means it's no longer a spirit. I can then sacrifice that token again to pull of an effect.

Cards that work with this include:

Win Conditions:
Blood Artist
Blasting Station
Altar of the Brood
Altar of Dementia

Others just to experiment
Coat of Arms
Essence Warden
Soul Warden

And many many more!

The deck is proving quite amusing and I've been experimenting with a few other cards in it, to see how I want it to go. Some of these cards include token creation. The deck really doesn't need the token production since all it really needs out is Requiem Angel, Essence of the Wild and 1 of the four win conditions listed above.

Deck list is as follows:

lands:22

12x Forest
1x Plains
1x Swamp
3x Temple Garden
1x Wooded Bastion
3x Overgrown Tomb
1x Twilight Mire

Creatures:18

2x Essence of the Wild
2x Requiem Angel
4x Wood Elves
3x Blood Artist
1x Fauna Shaman
1x Rhys the Redeemed
2x Elvish Pioneer
2x Essence Warden
1x Soul Warden

Artifacts: 6

2x Blasting Station
2x Coat of Arms
1x Altar of the Brood
1x Altar of Dementia

2x Plague of Vermin
2x Howl of the Night Pack
2x Mortify
2x Putrefy
3x Eladamri's Call
3x Primal Growth

Deck Size 60

Now, I know I could skim out some cards to streamline this. I could easily remove the Plague of Vermin, the Howl of the Night Pack, Coat of Arms to focus more on getting the other two out and a Win Condition. With those gone I could put in 2 more Requiem Angels and 2 Essence of the Wild, 2 more of each Altar to nearly guarantee I'll draw those cards.

This would most definitely streamline my main win condition. But with the current setup, consider the alternatives in play here:

Even if they kill off the Requiem Angel on me, I can use a token generator to amass a massive army of 6/6 Avatars, which would hit crazy proportions with Coat of Arms.

If they kill off the Essence of the Wild, I can use a token generator to amass a massive army, use an artifact/send on a suicide run to die and get an army of 1/1 fliers which hit crazy proportions with Coat of Arms.

I could have an Essence and/or Soul warden out, play Plague of Vermin to pay all my life save 1, then gain back at least what I lost as well as have an army of 1/1 tokens instead and maybe have a huge life leap.

Get the token generators going, play Rhys the Redeemed and profit from doubling armies. Maybe gain a bunch of life with a Warden out.

With the Primal Growths, I could play Elvish Pioneer for an extra forest out turn 1. Turn 2 play Primal Growth and kick it, fetching my Swamp and Plains, prepping to ramp up into any of my win conditions by turn 5-7.

I like to have some variety in play, so having a few different win conditions that are not directly reliant on each other tend to really stump quite a few players that are used to decks having one very specific win condition.

Any comments or card suggestions are most welcome!

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Well now. Over 2 years since I graced this humble thread. Shame on me.

Nothing to post here for the moment, though I should be posting a few decks over the next several days as I received a box of Unstable as a gift and got...well...LOTS of good stuff! I've always really enjoyed the Un-sets, they really jive with my philosophy on this game.

So I'll be posting a couple of decks from that, an updated angel deck (It really has come a long ways since my first listing of it near the start of this thread!). I have a couple others I really should post and see if I can get any suggestions on them. I've had a lot of helpful feedback in this forum over the years.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Been a while since I posted the newest version of this deck. Here we go:

Zedd's Angels 2018

Lands: 21

x20 Plains
x1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Creatures: 20

x1 Archangel Avacyn
x1 Gisela, the Broken Blade
x1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath (Might swap for Avacyn, Angel of Hope)
x1 Lyra Dawnbringer
x1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
x1 Dawnbreak Reclaimer
x2 Archangel of Thune
x2 Archangel of Tithes
x2 Herald of the Host
x2 Angel of Jubilation
x3 Karmic Guide
x3 Baneslayer

x1 Pearl Medallion
x2 Urza's Incubator
x3 Sol Ring

Instants/Sorceries: 13

x1 Fracturing Gust
x2 Swords to Plowshares
x1 Rout
x1 Hallowed Burial
x1 Divine Reckoning
x1 Hour of Revelation (I think I have a second, should put it in)
x1 Final Judgement
x2 Planar Cleansing
x3 Balance (cheesy cheesy shame on me)

Total Deck Size: 60

How this one plays should be quite obvious. I use Sol Ring to drop Urza's Incubator ASAP. I keep the board clear with my board sweep to keep opponents at bay until I can get prepped to drop an Angel or two. As soon as things are looking bad or I can gain major advantage, I'll use another board wipe. Given the majority of power in this deck is about 4 per creature, I only need 1 or 2 out for a few turns to kill someone.

I've managed to get Baneslayer or Lyra out on Turn 2, followed by something like Akroma on Turn 3.

It's simple, yet effective. I really should track down my second Hour of Revelation as it's plainly better than Planar Cleansing. Maybe replace Divine Reckoning with a Wrath of God.

As to angels, I'm still debating if I want Akroma or Avacyn in the deck as the power house. Avacyn makes my stuff indestructible, which works great when I'm wiping the board, but Akroma is just so aggressive it's hard to not want to keep her. I'm reluctant to put both in due to their high CMC, when I am trying to keep the majority of the deck at 5 or less so I can play it quickly. Dawnbreaker Reclaimer is more situational, so maybe I'll try taking her out for Avacyn.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thankies!

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Here's a fun deck I really enjoy playing! Relatively fast, but not overbearingly power, which is great for casual games! But don't think it can't do much, it can build up steam pretty fast!

Lands: 21
4x Mountain
5x Plains
4x Islands
2x Battlefield Forge (R/W)
2x Sacred Foundry (R/W)
1x Irrigated Farmland (U/W)
1x port Town (U/W)
1x Steam Vents (U/R)
1x Spirebluff Canal (U/R)

Creatures: 27
1x Brago, King Eternal
2x Norin the Wary
1x Student of Warfare
2x Intrepid Hero
2x Thalia's Lieutenant
4x Champion of the Parish
4x Boros Elite
4x Nephalia Smuggler
4x Kessig Malcontent
2x Restoration Angel
1x Angel of Glory's Rise

Enchantments: 3
3x Vigilante Justice

Sorceries/Instants: 9

2x Increasing Devotion
2x Fling
1x Eerie Interlude
4x Swords to Plowshares

Total Deck Size: 60

This one has several ways to start. I have many low cost Humans, which can really pump up an early drop like Champion of the Parish or Thalia's Lieutenant to epic proportions in short order. Even more so if I can get Norin out early due to his ability to leave play and come back every time a spell is cast. I get them high enough I can Fling the Champions for massive damage, or get a weenie army out to drop Kessig's Malcontent. Throw in Vigilante Justice and you can knock off a couple of life points every single turn in quick succession.

Even if many of my Humans are destroyed, the Angels can help revive key components to swing the game back your way. If Brago slaps someone, you simply remove and bring back Kessig's Malcontent, or one of the Angels to come up some rough EtB effects. Same with Eerie Interlude or using the Nephalia's Smuggler ability to remove a Human/Angel and bring it back.

Worse comes to worse, weenies can always do what weenies does best: Drop a lot fast and swing fast.

I always look for card/strategy suggestions and comments!

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Zeddicuus
Well well, been a long long time since I posted here.

The Inspired deck has long come and gone with a few different infinite loops (the one listed, plus a few others) It was amusing for a few games but it got boring pretty fast as there wasn't much variety in how it played.

Been working on a different deck instead. Went back to an ancient list (I'm sure this dates back in my thread to the pages with Innistrad Block, probably like page 20. Too lazy to track it down) with a core concept I had then and tried to ramp it up a little.

The core concept is this: It's a G/W/B deck with Requiem Angel and Essence of the Wild on the table, I have a slew of options to break into all kinds of shenanigans. Basically I can sacrifice a creature, which is a non-spirit creature. Since a non-spirit creature died, I get to place a 1/1 spirit token into play that Essence of the Wild turns into a copy of itself instead, which means it's no longer a spirit. I can then sacrifice that token again to pull of an effect.

Cards that work with this include:

Win Conditions:
Blood Artist
Blasting Station
Altar of the Brood
Altar of Dementia

Others just to experiment
Coat of Arms
Essence Warden
Soul Warden

And many many more!

The deck is proving quite amusing and I've been experimenting with a few other cards in it, to see how I want it to go. Some of these cards include token creation. The deck really doesn't need the token production since all it really needs out is Requiem Angel, Essence of the Wild and 1 of the four win conditions listed above.

Deck list is as follows:

lands:22

12x Forest
1x Plains
1x Swamp
3x Temple Garden
1x Wooded Bastion
3x Overgrown Tomb
1x Twilight Mire

Creatures:18

2x Essence of the Wild
2x Requiem Angel
4x Wood Elves
3x Blood Artist
1x Fauna Shaman
1x Rhys the Redeemed
2x Elvish Pioneer
2x Essence Warden
1x Soul Warden

2x Blasting Station
2x Coat of Arms
1x Altar of the Brood
1x Altar of Dementia

2x Plague of Vermin
2x Howl of the Night Pack
2x Mortify
2x Putrefy
3x Eladamri's Call
3x Primal Growth

Deck Size 60

Now, I know I could skim out some cards to streamline this. I could easily remove the Plague of Vermin, the Howl of the Night Pack, Coat of Arms to focus more on getting the other two out and a Win Condition. With those gone I could put in 2 more Requiem Angels and 2 Essence of the Wild, 2 more of each Altar to nearly guarantee I'll draw those cards.

This would most definitely streamline my main win condition. But with the current setup, consider the alternatives in play here:

Even if they kill off the Requiem Angel on me, I can use a token generator to amass a massive army of 6/6 Avatars, which would hit crazy proportions with Coat of Arms.

If they kill off the Essence of the Wild, I can use a token generator to amass a massive army, use an artifact/send on a suicide run to die and get an army of 1/1 fliers which hit crazy proportions with Coat of Arms.

I could have an Essence and/or Soul warden out, play Plague of Vermin to pay all my life save 1, then gain back at least what I lost as well as have an army of 1/1 tokens instead and maybe have a huge life leap.

Get the token generators going, play Rhys the Redeemed and profit from doubling armies. Maybe gain a bunch of life with a Warden out.

With the Primal Growths, I could play Elvish Pioneer for an extra forest out turn 1. Turn 2 play Primal Growth and kick it, fetching my Swamp and Plains, prepping to ramp up into any of my win conditions by turn 5-7.

I like to have some variety in play, so having a few different win conditions that are not directly reliant on each other tend to really stump quite a few players that are used to decks having one very specific win condition.

Any comments or card suggestions are most welcome!

Well, I was going to post a new deck, but apparently I already have built this deck, played this deck, disassembled the deck, forgotten I ever build it, then three years later reassembled almost the exact same deck!

Some things have changed but not much:

-1 Wood Elf
-1 Blood Artist
+1 Zulaport Cutthroat
+1 Vizier of the Menagerie
+1 Anointed Procession
-1 Eladamri's Call
-2 Mortify
+2 Utter End

The original core concepts of the deck, as quoted, has not changed. So, again, any comments or card suggestions for more suitable cards is very much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff