Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
|| ooc: xD Go to bed, then? ||
(('sup peoples. I know you guys won't be on for a bit, but I might as well leave you something to RP for when ya get back.

Sorry to hear about ya troubles, Hero.))

Ah, the end of a contract; money in the bank, time on your hands, an essence of freedom. Of course it wouldn't be long until he got another call offering more money, but he hoped it would at least wait until tomorrow.

James was sitting on a bench a little way down from the café, joint in his hands and already toking away happily. Few passers-by took any notice of him, though the ones that did started a rant only to be cut off by a sharp, spaced out glare from the stoner. He hated people preaching to him, he never did it to anyone, so why should they? After all, smoking was something he enjoyed, weed anyway, and just because it was frowned upon from things that happened years ago... bastards. With a sigh he took a final drag and stubbed the joint out on the top of a bin, gently popping it in once he was sure it was extinguished. It was time for tea.

At some time past opening, or what he assumed to be opening since it was the same time he had been the previous visit, James pushed open the front door and made a beeline for the counter. He popped himself on a stool and sat with a wide grin on his face, his eyes searching around for anything that might've changed or any staff who were on today.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
It had been a few days since Aurelie had walked into the café that she so happily worked at. The snow outside wasn’t helping one bit, but she did dress for the weather. As she rounded the corner, she saw the door open and close to the café, though she wasn’t entirely sure who it was that had just walked in. A sigh escaped her slightly parted lips as she hurriedly walked towards the door and pulled it open, spying a familiar figure at the bar at this time in the morning! With a smile, Aurelie quietly shut the door behind her and crept over to James, without even taking her jacket off, and she slipped behind him, wrapping her arms around his middle. Hopefully he wouldn’t retort in an angry way, since she had snuck up on him. He smelled of smoke, though it didn't bother her since she was a smoker herself, though she only smoked cigarettes from time to time. For a moment, she just lingered there, against him before realizing that he may not be too comfortable with that.

“Bonjour…” She whispered in his ear, before pulling away from him completely and removing her jacket. She chuckled a bit as she set her jacket on the back of a chair, revealing her clothing for the day; blue jeans, a black sweater that buttoned up and went down to her knees, and black ballet flats, which had a part in why her footsteps were so quiet when she entered. Her bright, blue eyes settled on James as she took a seat beside him, “We’re not open yet, I believe… but would you like something anyway?” She asked, tilting her head to the side and absentmindedly twirling a stand of auburn hair on her fingers. It seemed that all the time she had spent here with James was causing her to not be so uncomfortable around him, and she even had a bit of a surprise for him in the back opening of her messenger bag, which was currently on the chair with her coat. She would get it out later though, and see his reaction then.
James didn't hear a thing, hell he didn't really feel the arms around him until after a second. All he felt was warmth and comfort, no anger or surprise. It was a nice feeling to have arms around you, even if it was only for a moment and from a person you had only met a couple of times. Still, a very nice feeling. As the narrator often has trouble remembering to identify the clothes, he will do so now. James was wearing a pair of baggy blue jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a navy coloured fleece which he had now unzipped, and his usual pair of heavy black boots.

A broad smile replaced the grin as a familiar voice reached his ears, not that she was far away, and he turned in his chair to face her once she had sat down. It was strange to him that the doors would be open if the shop itself were closed, but he didn't argue or really care, he just wanted a drink.
"Just a cup of tea if ya wouldn't mind, love." He said in a friendly tone, "How are you today, Aurelie?"
He still had trouble getting the name right, even if some would see it as a fairly simple pronunciation, but the smile never faltered and he was fairly confident his voice could cover up any mistakes.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie placed her finger to his lips when he spoke her name and she giggled.Aurelie… Like… Are-uh-lee.” She said slowly, so that he would be able to pronounce it right the next time. The tone of her voice wasn’t one of annoyance though, because she knew her name wasn’t that easy to say. “And I’m doing just fine, James.” Nodding to him after this, she hopped off of the stool and rounded the bar before going into the kitchen to prepare his tea. About five minutes later she came out with a steaming hot mug of tea, filled to the rim almost for his liking. She set the tea down in front of him and smiled. “How have you been doing? It’s been a so long since I’ve seen you… or, at least, it feels like it’s been too long.” It was true, since James was basically the only friend she had right now. Her boyfriend had gone and left her for no apparent reason, and all of her real friends lived back in France. She leaned on the counter with her elbows, chin rested upong her fists as she kept her eyes on him, watching him.
Normally James would've kept talking regardless of whether or not a finger was placed across his lips, but this time he stopped. Despite herself, Aurelie had an air about her which he could do little but admire; commanding, in a way that was not direct, and calming to just sit near. It was a good feeling. An ever so slight flush came to his cheeks as he was corrected, since that was one of his larger worries when pronouncing foreign names, but it disappeared just as quickly and his smile grew wider.

He waited patiently for Aurelie to come back, a large mug of tea in her hands and a smile on her face, and took a small sip of it once she got comfortable again.
"As refreshing as ever, Aurelie." James nailed it this time, thanks to her breaking it down for him, and he set the mug back down, "I've been good, thanks. Working over the past few days, haven't had time to get away, y'know? Still, the job's done now and I've got some time off."
James appeared to ignore her statement, but a slightly uncomfortable look on his face would give away the fact that he had been. Not many people, let alone a model, had ever said that. People either missed him or they didn't, simple as, but she seemed to be thinking of him as a friend. Wow, a friend. Well he had friends, back in England anyway, so why bother shying away from a new one? Exactly.
"And how about you, my dear, you been keepin' busy?"

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Aurelie noticed the look in his face, but she decided not to comment on it since he looked a tad uncomfortable about it. The smile on her face only faltered a little, but it remained as he spoke. When he asked a question about her, she tilted her head to the side and sighed. “Well, I believe not much has been going on with me. Just living and dealing with different things every day.” She shrugged, not really wanting to elaborate on all that she had gone through with that terrible ex-boyfriend of hers these past few days. Her reason for being here right now was to get her mind off of it, and she was sure that James would do wonderfully at helping her out, even if he didn’t know that he was doing so. Standing up straight, she arched her back and stretched her arms before walking around the bar and going to her bag. She fumbled through it for some time, looking for something it seemed, but she didn’t say a word as she went through the bag, until a few moments later, when she produced a magazine, holding it out to James with both hands.

The front cover had a picture of her in the clothing that she had described to him the last time they had talked, and a slight blush was seen on cheeks as she showed it to him. “You said you wanted to get your hands on a copy, correct?” Of course, she knew he had been joking at the time, but she couldn’t help but wonder what his reaction would be at seeing the actual picture. It was a complete contrast from the winter edition of the magazine last year, due to the fact that she was in a bikini. The only thing “winterish” about it was that she had on boots, gloves, a scarf and a hat, plus she was throwing some snow into the air and it was falling back down on her. She was even laughing in the picture, blue-green eyes looking upwards. “So, I figured… why not pick up a copy for James to see.” She giggled a bit, holding the magazine up a little higher to cover her face; a least from her nose down since she was blushing so much.
OOC:// Wah! D: I can't type.
You're over here, typing your two paragraphs like nothing, while I can barely write a few sentences. o.o;;
Headache. >.<;;

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
|| ooc: Aww. It doesn’t matter… as long as what you type can be read, then it’s cool. Two sentences or two paragraphs, it's okay. That’s how I think of it. :3 Plus, you roleplay just fine! ||
((I'm gonna have to go help my friend film something in a bit, I get to hold the light (yay stare ), so if I disappear for a long length of time it's 'cos of that. I shall return eventually though, whenever it happens.))

James nodded knowingly, even if she was being a bit sketchy on the details; he didn't know her exact situation, but he had been in similar himself to know that if you hold back certain points it was obviously a touchy subject, or one you didn't want to remember. Either way he continued to smile and took another sip of tea. There was silence for a time, aside from the occasional mouthful of loveliness, as Aurelie rummaged around in her bag. There was a tinge of anxiety in the way he sat now, watching her out of the corner of his eye and wondering what she could possibly be looking for. It all seemed a bit forced, as if she was holding back on taking the object out out of some kind of fear, or may--

He paused midway through a sip as she held up the magazine, her picture plastered all over the front in the clothes she had described. Back then there was a feeling of wanting to see the picture, but with it presented at him now he just stared in disbelief. Her words seemed to disappear before they reached him and, at the same time, he managed to register each word that was said. For a while at least he didn't move, eyes flicking from the picture and up to Aurelie's eyes as she half-hid behind the magazine. This was a strange situation. Normally he looked at a magazine, saw a model, thought she was good looking, then left it at that. But this time he kind of knew the person, first name terms at least, and she was standing right in front of him. A few more seconds were spent wondering how he could start speaking again without making a complete fool of himself.
"Well..." a quick shake of his head replaced the smile, "It's certainly a nice thought, Aurelie. A surprise, definitely, but nice nonetheless. I can definitely see why you're successful." It was his attempt at a compliment, though he sucked when it came down to it, he just hoped she would take it in good stead and appreciate he was feeling a little uncomfortable.
James could see she definitely was blushing, even though half her face was hidden it still showed, and he cleared his throat and took the magazine away from her to place it carefully on the counter as if damaging it would bring about the end of the world.
"Thank you though, I really mean it. First time someone's actually thought about what gift to get me for ages, not to mention the whole ' spur of the moment' thing, so thanks."
Without waiting for a reply and to make sure his words were forgotten almost straight away, James slid off his barstool and gave Aurelie a warm hug. She was quite small in comparison to him, build-wise anyway, and he could've fit his arms around her almost twice he guessed. Still, he enjoyed hugs and this was a fitting time for one, he thought.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
|| ooc: Okie dokie. ^^ ||

Aurelie’s blush was now completely exposed as he took the magazine from her and laid it on the counter. She smiled at the compliment though, but didn’t exactly expect a hug from him. Her own arms wrapped around his neck and she rested her head on his chest, since he was a bit taller than her. The pink tint to her cheeks had disappeared some, but it remained somewhat as she pulled herself closer into the hug. ‘I didn’t think of it as a gift… but I suppose that works.’ She thought, smiling as she pulled away, though just enough to look at his face. “I’m so glad you like it.” She managed to say, pulling one arm from around his neck and poking him on the nose with her finger. She giggled some, though her other arm just stayed around him. His hugs were definitely warm, which was a nice change from the weather outside. Speaking of warmth…

“We should go sit by the fire and talk there, if you want to?” She asked, before biting her bottom lip. They had spent all their time by the bar, so she figured it would be nice to see if the fire was indeed as warm as it should’ve been, plus the couches looked comfortable at the lounge.
((Heading off after this'un, shouldn't take too long... it's cold outside crying ))

James wasn't normally the spontaneous hugging kind, but it always made uncomfortable situations dissipate as quickly as they had come around, but this time he actually enjoyed the hug of deception. Wasn't really deception, but you know, just one of those things. He wrinkled his nose as it was poked and broke away from her slowly; it was a nice feeling, but too long in the arms of a beautiful woman can bring around all sorts of other uncomfortable feelings... bow chicka wow- no! There shall be none of that.
"I think the fire would be a good idea, yea." James said with a nod, motioning for her to go ahead and pick out the best place.
He took a deep breath and centred himself, hard to do in his stoned state, but he managed it after another breath. With the mug in one hand and the magazine slid under his arm, James headed over to the fireplace and parked himself on whatever sofa she had picked. Big enough for two and damn comfy, that was how it had to be.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
|| ooc: Ha! Bow chicka wow-no. That was hilarious!

I gotta go too. I’m super hungry and it’s lunch time! -runs off to make some nachos and cheese-
||

Aurelie was feeling the same way as he pulled away from her. She didn’t think it would be a good idea to linger in his arms too long. With a smile, she lead him over to the sofas and sat down on the one nearest the fire. Turning towards him, she watched him closely with her eyes, and then she turned away and looked at the roaring fire. As soon as the two of them had sat down, she felt the warmth of the fire and it brought a smile to her face. She leaned over on the arm of the sofa, chin on it and arms hanging over the edge. Her feet were pulled up on the sofa, though not to be in James’ way. She was wondering if he thought it at all weird that he was sitting beside the model who was on the very front cover of the magazine that he was holding. Aurelie was a lot more modest than people took her for, at least around certain people-- with James, she wasn't going to act like she was so much better than him, or rub her fame in his face, like she did to so many other people. Nope. James was different and she only wished to make him happy and keep him as a friend, not lose him.
((I think I should recommend he gets a stand for the light next time, holding it up high ain't the most comfortable thing in the world.))

Once James had got himself comfy in the sofa, he slipped the magazine onto a nearby table and had another swig of his tea. It had cooled somewhat, but still burnt the roof of his mouth slightly as he drank it.
"I don't want to pry," he said, turning his head to look at Aurelie, "But surely you could get some modelling work done in Barton, get more money than working in a café. 'course it's not my place to ask really, I'm just a curious guy."
James fell silent after he had spoke, hoping his question didn't offend and that he was well within his right to ask.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff