User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

Ah, yes, yes. Welcome! And, how are we today? Bah. Beside the point.
Ahem... Here is the Cornerstore Cafe`, another one of those hangouts you find in the Commerce. We might be special, or we might just suck horribly, compared to absolutely every other bar and inn, where the same things happen over and over. Why not join us for a nice cup'a tea and a neat, little sandwich, cut diagnally? Now, doesn't that sound better than fourty-five shots of scotch and an imaginary hangover? I bet it does.
User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

Oh, the Cornerstore Cafe`. It is a cozy, little two story building at the corner, of course, of a moderately busy street. The neat full-glass door had a small picture of a broken loaf of bread, with a shard of cheese and a vine of grapes painted perfectly at the center-head area. Hanging just above the door was somewhat large post, and hanging by two golden rings was a board, painted with the same logo as on the door, and with the Cornerstone Cafe`s name beside it. Just the lot of land itself is rather large, and has a wide sidewalk with a small area of tables sitting just to the side of the buildings for customers.

Finally, the interior of the beautiful brick building. Passing through the door, one would be greeted with a warm enviroment. Straight away, at the wall was the counter, with a beautiful black granite finish, with little, tiny specs of whites in it. Some way just down that same counter was a Deli counter. Everyday, fresh bread was baked and ready for serving to customers. An arched doorway behind the counter leads to the kitchen, of course, where food and other such ingredients are kept, as well as the ovens in which the brea is prepared. In the area where the counter is, there are several tables, aligned with the the wall.

Just passed this first area, there seemed to be another, one with carpeted floors, and couches with a fireplace. Apparently, this shop also served as a home to some. Customers are welcome to enjoy this luxurious space. After turning in this new room, one would fine a set of stairs leading to a secondary floor, with five or six rooms total. Occasionally, a traveler might stay, if needed, and staff also have a live-in option.
User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

I ]- All rules apply here, just as they should everywhere else. The Standard Gaia ToS.

II ]- Stated in the ToS, all content is to not be over the rating of PG-13. Just in case you guys needed a refresher.

III ]- Respect all authority above you. That means my partner and I, as well as the staff.

IV ]- Please read all information provided, in each post.

V ]- This is a literate roleplay hangout. If you intend on posting, I suggest you type in complete words and use proper puncuation.

VI ]- I do not want advertising in my thread. Period.

VII ]- All who enter this thread and post must have sent me a profile. You cannot post just willy-nilly. PM it. D: <

VIII ]- While roleplaying, we users tend to use the Story Format. Third person, with no stars or anything like that.

IX ]- When requesting a job on staff, you will send me a PM with the proper code provided, and then, when given permission, you may post.

X ]- Remember, staff requesters-- After you've applied for a job, you must also send a regular form, just for referrence. The code will be provided in the File Cabinet post.

XI ]- If you ask for a job, I expect you to perform your duties. Although, you have even more of a purpose than just that. You're also to look after the thread in case I, or my partner are not in.

I believe that should do it. Although, in the future, I may add more rules, in order to prevent certain things from occuring that I may have overlooked.
User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

[size=9][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Character Appearance[/b]: [url=]Image[/url]
[b]PAF[/b]:

That there is the code I would ask you to use if you intend on applying for work. Please, for the image, which I prefer you use one, do not use the Image Code. You will use in image URL instead. Although, it won't matter. I'll edit any error anyway. By the way. PAF stands for 'Position Applying For.' So, hopefully you read this. Below, you'll see the list of positions open. You see, shopkeeper is generally the only position open. We don't need "Waiters and Waitresses." You shopkeepers are all we need. You do everything that needs to be done, which isn't even alot. Occasionally, you'll get a drink for a customer, a sandwich maybe. Psh. You got it easy. You see what I'm doin'? I made this whole place from scratch. (xD)

- Positions -

Store Owner;
A Hero Prophesied (Alexander Grayharte)

Co-Signed Partner;
iDarkie (Darklyn Joyce)

Shopkeeper;
1] The Perfect Denial (Aurelie D`Aubigne)
2]
3]

Alexander Grayharte (Store Owner)
Username: A Hero Prophesied
Name: Alexander Grayharte
Short History: Alexander was born into a moderately nice family, with three older brothers, and one younger sister. He's, generally, an okay guy, as long as you're not on his bad side and he's had his cup'a coffee in the morning. Sometimes, he gets all touchy-feely, and just randomly hugs people, despite who they are, or if they know him.
- Sweets
- Sleeping
- Video Games
Dislikes:
- Eggs
- Vegetables
- Absolute Lonliness
Character Appearance: Alex Gray

Darklyn Joyce (Co-Owner)
Username: iDarkie
Name: Darklyn Joyce
Short History: Darklyn is the type of girl who is always cheerful. She was raised by her older sister since she was five. When Darklyn was sixteen, she left her sister to be on her own. Also, she's the type to care for other's health before hers.
-Writing her thoughs down
-Sleeping
-Cleaning
-Nice people
-Shopping!
Dislikes:
-Spiders
-Being in pictures
-Not being able to write
-Mean people
Character Apperance: Darklyn Joyce

Aurelie D`Aubigne (Shopkeeper)
Username: The Perfect Denial
Name: Aurelie D’Aubigne
Character Appearance: Aurelie D’Aubigne
PAF: Shopkeeper
User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

[size=9][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Short History[/b]:
[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Character Appearance[/b]: [url=]Image[/url][/size]

Even if you have applied for a job, you must still PM me a regular form in order to stay organized with who came in. It's not like it'll take much effort.

Aurelie D'Aubigne

Username: The Perfect Denial
Name: Aurelie D’Aubigne
Short History: The youngest of four sisters and one brother, Aurelie is the baby of her family. She is the only one who was born to a different father, thus stayed with him in France for some time before moving back to Gaia to be with her sisters. Her current job is being a model for commercials and magazines and such, but she is enjoying a much needed break from that. During her break, she plans on doing little jobs here and there.
Likes: Shiny things, candy, gold, the ocean, birds, puppies, close friends, men that are taller than her, shoes that at least have a three inch heel, sleeping.
Dislikes: Men who act like boys, her older brother, things that are out of style, extremely short hair on women, really short skirts, sweaters.
Character Appearance: Aurelie D'Aubigne

Briann McCarthy
Username: Shlid
Name: Briann McCarthy
Short History: Brian came from a Irish family where his parents were farmers.
He wasn't the eldest child so he knew he wasn't going to inherit his fathers' land.
So he left Ireland to find his own place in the world. He ended up in Barton town.
Brian is a good person if you get to know him, but rough around the edges due to his rural background.
He is the second youngest of five brothers. And won't back down from a good fight.
- Guinness
- Chocolates
- coffee
- Rugby
Dislikes:
- Clowns
Character appearance: TBA

Erin
Username:Keyante
Name: Erin
Short History: Erin was born to an ordinary family, and had a relatively ordinary childhood. However, she found out that sometimes when she concentrates hard enough, she can make small things move. Naturally this led to her being immensely popular for a few weeks, then thought of as a freak. After about age sixteen, she didn't have many friends and turned into a sort of hermit (as much as one can be at that age) much to the dismay of her parents. Now that she's an adult on on her own, she still doesn't like to meet new people, but definitely won't turn down the opportunity if it presents itself.
Dislikes: Staying in one place too long, large crowds
Character Appearance: Image Please ignore the ridiculous clothes, she's usually clad in t-shirt and jeans

James Hogs
Username: Ruuvan
Name: James Hogs
Short History: James was born in England and worked through the education system, right through to University, where he left with a degree in Computer Games Design and high grades from previous years to pad it out. After several years working freelance for any company that needed his skills, James left England behind and moved to Barton. Perhaps not the best choice for his line of work, but it was a nice enough place to settle down and he could get some serious work done on his own game ideas.
- Video Games (playing and creating)
- Marijuana
- Rugby
- Cats
Dislikes:
- Football
- People who preach (not necessarily about religion)
- Alcohol
- People who can't cook steaks right
Character Appearance: Standing at 5'11" and fairly well built for a hardcore gamer, some might mistake James for being in the military. His stature and physique, mixed with the spaced out look his facial features cause, would suggest that he is either sleep deprived, too relaxed, or just too English for his own good. He has kind eyes, orangey in colour and his eyelids rest low on the whites and his eyebrows are set in an upwards slant to give a sleepy and spaced look about him. James has shoulder-length auburn hair which he keeps back in a ponytail.

User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

There are no regulars as of yet.
User Image

[ Introductory ]
[ Description ]
[ Rule Board ]
[ Staff ]
[ File Cabinet System ]
[ Regulars ]
[ Announcements ]

1/10/08 at 9:45 AM; The Cafe` is finally open.
Finally. Today was the day. Pushing a key into the slot, the key turned, unlocking the door, and now allowing access to potential customers. On the window, a little read sign that said 'Closed' was now flipped, to reveal a blue sign that read 'Open.' It was pretty early, just about ten o'clock, give or take a minute or two. Beyond the Cafe` window, passed the glare of the sun, standing inside was a man, leaning against counter. Obviously, the proprietor of the establishment. His slightly short, silver hair hung over his face, somewhat hiding his dull and almost lifeless gray eyes, with his trademark shades. He wore a simple, button-up white shirt, which was untucked, and the cuffs unbuttoned. Aside from his shirt, he wore a pair of loose bluejeans and white sneakers. The man awaited customers, although, he was aware that it would take some time for things to actually pick up. It takes time for a flower to bloom.
][ Okay... o.o;; Super slow. D: ][
][ Bump~ ][
Darklyn walked near a Cafe. The one she helped open. She walked inside always with a smile. she looked around and gave a soft nod of success. She skipped over to where Alex was and smiled, "This is very exciting. I hope we'll get alot of people." She said with a soft giggle. She looked at the window watching alot of people walk different directions.
Alex sighed lightly a s he stood up straight, leaning off of the counter. "Yeah, I suppose so." He mumbled, crossing his arms, and tilting his head over to Darklyn. "But, it doesn't seem likely that we'll get a whole lot of customers..." Alex was usually a pessimistic. There was never really a bright side to him in most cases. But, it would just usually depend on his mood. Alex sighed, then hopped over the counter. "I'm gonna get a drink. You want somethin'?" He asked, as he began to wander through the arched doorway to the kitchen.
Darklyn looked over her shoulder with big wide eyes. "Sure, how about a water." She said softly. She turned her view back to the window and sighed alittle. 'I guess not much people will come right away... Just like Alex said...' She thought to herslef. Darklyn walked over to the counter and sat down with a plop. She took another quick look at the window, then she layed her head down on the counter.
Alex spent a few moments in the kitchen, grabbing himself a glass, and filling it to the brim with milk, and then funneling chocolate syrup into it. After stirring up the milk, it began to turn a dark brown. Grabbing a bottled water from the fridge, he grabbed his own drink, and then wandered back out, placing the water next to Darklyn's head. "You want me to get you a pillow?" He asked, placing a hand to his side as he guzzled down some of his chocolate milk. He figured Darklyn wouldn have been somewhat uncomfortable, lying on the counter-top.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff