Welcome to Gaia! ::

go vikings etc
Other..MIGHT BE!

I CAN"T GEUST!!
Eh I was right about the Niners not making the playoffs eek
I was totally right that the Steelers would beat the Packers and the 49ers wouldn't make the playoffs and Seattle wouldn't either.

Star Prophet

Ravens and Broncos, both 8-6, have control of the top two wild card spots but the Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans are all 7-7, so this wildcard spot is pretty wild this year. It would be a great story for the once 0-6 Titans to make the playoffs.
Nefarious Soy
sigh.

We're still a great team and we still have the lead for home field.

No complaints from me.
Minnesota lost to Carolina, so all the Saints have to do is win next week and they should secure home field. Question is, do they rest starters for the last game? That would be a two week rest for them.

Philly locked up a playoff spot. Dallas seems as if they will get the last one. The Giants, Falcons, Panthers, etc need a little more help.
Go Saints! biggrin

Though I was a little disappointed when the Cowboys knocked them out of the "Undefeated" zone. I love the Cowboys...but I was hoping for the Saints to win. :

But! It was good to see Ware back in the game. :3

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Zark
Ravens and Broncos, both 8-6, have control of the top two wild card spots but the Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans are all 7-7, so this wildcard spot is pretty wild this year. It would be a great story for the once 0-6 Titans to make the playoffs.

I heart the Ravens ^^
Both are doing pretty good this year.
The Giants better play with some fierce passion tonight, or else the season is over for us. Go Giants!
Wow, great overall game for the Giants. Hopefully this will spark a possible playoff push.
Dude-LAP
Wow, great overall game for the Giants. Hopefully this will spark a possible playoff push.
The Giants looked the way they should have looked all season, but it was against a bad Redskins team. Hopefully the Redskins will leave this game frustrated and angry, then take it out on Dallas. If we can win these last two games and Dallas loses to Philly and Washington, we may just sneak in.
13_swords
Dude-LAP
The Giants looked the way they should have looked all season, but it was against a bad Redskins team. Hopefully the Redskins will leave this game frustrated and angry, then take it out on Dallas. If we can win these last two games and Dallas loses to Philly and Washington, we may just sneak in.

The Giants should have been playing like this all season. A flowing offense and a defense that puts on a lot of pressure. Eli Manning looked great, the receivers stepped up, the rushing attack was nice, and the offensive line played well. We had a tremendous pass rush on defense, and contained them the whole way. Most of all, we made big plays when needed. But yeah, like you said, it was against a Redskins team that isn't so good. Hopefully this game will spark some energy and confidence into the team for the two closing weeks of the regular season. Coughlin did a nice job getting the players' heads back into focus.

I doubt that the Cowboys will lose to the Redskins, buy I'll be rooting for a loss. If not, then hopefully the Eagles will beat them, which has a very good chance of happening. And if Dallas loses one of the next two and we win out, then we move into the playoffs because of our tiebreaker. But separate from the Cowboys, the Giants need to play well these next two games, regardless.

The Chicago Bears will do absolutely nothing during the off season. The McCaskey family is too cheap and stupid to spend any money to get anyone with half a brain to coach and manage this team. The Bears will continue to be a horrible team and will probably average 3-5 wins a year for the next 20 years.

Makes me wish the Arizona/St.Louis Cardinals should have never left Chicago.

Meanwhile the garbage Dolphins blew their one and only chance at making the playoffs. If they would have beaten the Stupid Titans they would hold all the tiebreakers. Now even if they win out which they wont, they will be the first team eliminated.

Bill Parcells is an idiot.

Dude-LAP
13_swords
Dude-LAP

The Giants should have been playing like this all season. A flowing offense and a defense that puts on a lot of pressure. Eli Manning looked great, the receivers stepped up, the rushing attack was nice, and the offensive line played well. We had a tremendous pass rush on defense, and contained them the whole way. Most of all, we made big plays when needed. But yeah, like you said, it was against a Redskins team that isn't so good. Hopefully this game will spark some energy and confidence into the team for the two closing weeks of the regular season. Coughlin did a nice job getting the players' heads back into focus.

I doubt that the Cowboys will lose to the Redskins, buy I'll be rooting for a loss. If not, then hopefully the Eagles will beat them, which has a very good chance of happening. And if Dallas loses one of the next two and we win out, then we move into the playoffs because of our tiebreaker. But separate from the Cowboys, the Giants need to play well these next two games, regardless.
Hopefully Seubert and Mckenzie can return. Although, I thought Beatty did a nice job.
miles18
BlueCollarJoe
Dude-LAP
Nefarious Soy
I think it's too easy for me now, but I'll take it. And I'll take any 1 to 1 bet up to 10k on Saints winning the Super Bowl.

As far as MVP goes, all those guys mentioned, Brady, and AP are all having great years, but as Drew Brees showed last year, it takes more than a great season statistically to become MVP. Call me crazy, but Vince Young is sounding pretty good right now. Took over an 0-6 team and won 5 straight. In those 5 games, he's thrown 4TDs and 1 INT. Over 1000 yards and like a 63% completions. In 6 games, Kerry Collins got sacked 21 times. In 5 games, behind the same line, Vince has gotten sacked only 5. He's rushed for 40 yards and got a rushing TD. If Tennessee can beat Indy on Sunday, I think he becomes a really strong candidate.

Still, most important stat was the first one. From a six game losing streak to a 5 game winning streak. We can talk all day about if Colts didn't have Manning or if the Saints didn't have Brees, but in the end, we really don't know how good or bad they'd be without their QBs. The Titans . . . we've seen how bad they were. 0-59 bad. Vince Young. Think about it.

Vince Young is playing very well, but definitely not an MVP in my eyes. The Titans' turnaround and win streak is not all because of Young. Chris Johnson is putting up amazing numbers, and is the most explosive player in the NFL. CJ is among my top candidates, but I think he'll just get edged out by a QB. Also, the Titans' offensive line is playing better, and their defense hasn't given up more than 17 points in 4 of the past 5 games.

I still have to give Favre a slight edge in the MVP race. Drew Brees is a close second, probably tied with Peyton Manning. Brees and Manning have had great games, but no QB has been more consistent in the NFL than Brett Favre this season. Amazing to think he's over 40, hadn't played at all this summer, came out of retirement, and has not committed a turnover in 8 of his 11 games so far. Not to mention, beating the Packers twice, leading his 10-1 Vikings into the playoffs.

Good assessment. I happen to agree. The reason I pick Favre as the MVP? Fewest interceptions, and he's showing the game management skills needed to win. He is, as you said, consistent, and currently has the highest QB rating he has ever had in his entire career, which is saying a lot.
Three time MVP and he's playing like he's 25. Plus, lets be realistic, there's a lot of positive sentiment about him. If this isn't his last season, we can pretty much bet next season is.
And we know they'd love to see the future HOF'er win another MVP without it being glaringly obvious they just gave it to him, which they wouldn't do.
Brees is phenomenal. I think he does deserve to be in the top two candidates.
We'll have to wait and see. Johnson? Best running back this season, and it would be him as my pick for best RB of the year.
Cedric is a close second.
Coach of the year? Sean Peyton dominates right now. What he's done with the Saints is unbelievable. After that? Marv Lewis has done a lot, but, let's not throw the Ravens out either. I give them less than the Saints, not just because of record, but because of the fact that they've never been a defensive team, and their D is stunningly good now, better than the Ravens.
Next season? Want to see an improved offense? Charlie Weiss just got canned by Notre Dame. He'll be back in the NFL as an offensive coordinator, which is his best position.
He's a damn good assistant coach. He sucks snot as a head coach.
Let's see who hires him.
About coach of the year, I don't know if Sean Payton is dominating. There's another team undefeated in the NFL. They might not have looked pretty winning some of their games like the Saints have, but nonetheless they're still winning. In this league, winning the game is all that should matter. Yeah, Jim Caldwell should be another top candidate for coach of the year. Despite the Colts losing some of their starters throughout the season to injuries, their still finding ways to win football games. Now I know the Colts don't impress you, but to me, the fact that theyre winning games the way that they have been doing, shows me they can grind out wins with the best of them, no matter how good the opposing team is. I agree with you on Marvin Lewis. He's coaching a team that went undefeated in the AFC North. Some people expected the Steelers to do that this year. They swept both teams that were in last year's AFC Championship game. Everything the Bengals have accomplished so far this year, no one thought was possible at the beginning of the season. Also, Brad Childress....how do you give Favre the MVP, and not give Childress any dap for the Vikings success? Before Favre showed up, Childress and the Vikings won the NFC North last year.

Top Coaching Candidates for the Year: Sean Payton, Jim Caldwell, Brad Childress, Marv Lewis.

Best RB: Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson.....for me I'm still trying to decide on this one.

MVP Candidates: Right now, for me its in this order......Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre.

Childress just slipped in my coach of the year rankings behind Lewis. He should have pulled Favre in the third. Let Jackson get in there with his mobility and see if he couldn't stretch the game out.
Reasoning? Favre was getting pounded. He's 40, and the playoffs are just around the corner. Last thing you need at this point is your top QB going down with an injury. Safer to take the loss (which they did, anyway), and protect the top QB.
Favre slipped down in my estimation as MVP as well, although one bad game does not a season make.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff