Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
HUG ME TONIGHT
Crystal Sparda
HUG ME TONIGHT
WHEN WILL THERE BE OFFICIALLY A NEW MOD ADDED ON?
New mods were recently added around 2 months ago.
is this a constant thing y'all do or ? is there a limit on how many mods.

There's no set schedule on when new mods are needed ... but Gaia is always on the lookout for a few new mods.

I don't think I can recall a time in the last nine years where Gaia hasn't wanted more mods. Going through the applications and sending them through training takes a lot of time and effort though.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
GCurlie
Geminai Mistario
Both questions that were just asked, are answered in the FAQ on page 1. READ IT. We have been instructed by moderators to NOT just give you the answers because you didn't read it razz

Can we throw raw carrots at the ones that keep asking the same questions over and over again when they have already been answered in the FAQ..and seem to not know how to read or are to lazy...???? stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed

EDITED~~~ was just a suggestion. re-reading the same questions over and over again is giving me a headache. lol
Being a moderator requires patience and professionalism as you are representing the website and company, even as a volunteer... so no.. throwing things at users or reprimanding them for being repetitive isn't really acceptable and could reflect badly during the application process.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
May I ask why you have report x amount of things in last 6 months?

Loving Elder

Cherrieee
"Sorry, you may not apply to be a moderator because your account has had several warnings in the last six months. You may try to apply again after Sep 08, 2014. Please refresh yourself on our site's Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines until then. You can find them at the bottom of every Gaia Online webpage."

wow, even warnings about my signature being a tad bit larger than its supposed to be? That sucks. Ive been on this site since 2004 and would love to help be a mod.

oh well i guess.. emo
I got the same thing but it wasn't for my sig. From what I understand anything that one creates in the Chatterbox is ok as long as it's within the terms of service. About 100 days before E3, I posted in the Chatterbox about how I am going and if anyone else is going. Well those days passed when I made that thread. A few days ago I logged in and saw my Chatterbox thread moved to the E3 forum and I thought to myself, "Hmm. That's kinda odd for that to happen. Especially when the E3 thread wasn't even in place." Didn't give it much thought though.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link for mod application and I got that same warning as well. So I wondered why that happened and PM'ed a mod about it. And apparently, there was a glitch that wasn't suppose to happen and my mod app status wouldn't be affected and that I was still in the queue. As of right now when I do click the link, it still shows that I can't apply. Long story I know. Mostly because I had applied around.. 2011 I believe. And my app got lost around the start of 2012 xD So I had to reapply and it's been a long journey. But bottom line, I think glitches just love to be around me. rofl

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
DizzySnowFire
May I ask why you have report x amount of things in last 6 months?

The reasoning that JakBauer gave back in 2010 (which is still, for some reason, stickied in Bug Reports and Tech Support) was this:
Quote:
Must have made 100 reports using the report system
Reporting violations shows us that you understand the rules of the areas you hang out in, and that you care about keeping the site free of ToS violations. Misreporting issues just to meet this number is quite obviously a bad idea. Correctly reporting a variety of violations shows us what you know and helps us to determine if you'd be a good part of the team.

If you read back a few pages, you'll see what some mods and ex-mods had to say about that requirement as well. As an ex-mod, I remember that information being very useful. Reporting is a good way to prove you can identify what needs to be reported, and that you understand how the Terms of Service works. 100 reports doesn't mean that you'll cover every single thing out there ... you might report more misplaced threads than anything else. But it does help pinpoint what your strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to the ToS. Which helps determine if you're a good candidate for joining the mod team, and which things you'll need to be brought up-to-speed on.

Dedicated Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
If I had a temporary ban for an inappropriate behavior on gaia a year ago, am I eligable to appIy?
Hope Sorber
If I had a temporary ban for an inappropriate behavior on gaia a year ago, am I eligable to appIy?

If it allows you to get to the application, then you're eligible.

Newbie Noob

Quote:
you need to have reported at least 100 ToS violations within the last 6 months to qualify.

?!'s Boyfriend

A Egg

44,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
DarkSohisohi
Quote:
you need to have reported at least 100 ToS violations within the last 6 months to qualify.
Did you have a question about this?

Newbie Noob

Valenas
DarkSohisohi
Quote:
You'd have to report a person every other day to qualify. . .

?!'s Boyfriend

A Egg

44,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
DarkSohisohi
Valenas
DarkSohisohi
Quote:
You can easily find several things to report each day by casually scrolling through forums, threads. and profiles.

Newbie Noob

Valenas
DarkSohisohi
Valenas
DarkSohisohi
Quote:
You can easily find several things to report each day by casually scrolling through forums, threads. and profiles.
If you say so.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I know it's been discussed off the record in some posts but is there a way we can add a question regarding the non disclosure agreement mods have to sign if they're chosen and once they applied?

Because a lot of people think that mods don't talk to other Gaians about things because they're scared but don't realize that they are bound by a legally binding contract to not speak about x y or z?

Golden Girl

Astra Green
I know it's been discussed off the record in some posts but is there a way we can add a question regarding the non disclosure agreement mods have to sign if they're chosen and once they applied?

Because a lot of people think that mods don't talk to other Gaians about things because they're scared but don't realize that they are bound by a legally binding contract to not speak about x y or z?

Well i see it this way:
A mod saying negative things about the company would harm the credibility of the whole mod team because if one says negative stuff about x y or z then the users will assume the whole team agrees with whatever that person is saying and thats a dangerous thing especially if you enforce the TOS and deal with reports, so i can imagine that the mods are being very careful about openly speaking up about certain subjects (especially risque topic's).
So its not a matter of being scared but its a matter of using your common sense when you say something and being careful with whatever you choose to say since you do represent a company and people are expecting profesionalism from you.Its completely different when you say positive things about these subjects then these things dont apply

For me it had nothing to do with the NDA i signed or being afraid to speak up about things and i am a woman with a strong opinion.You represent someone so you cant just go on and do crazy things but thats how i see it.
Uh, wouldn't mind becoming a moderator one day biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces