Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Trash

20,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Free Art Slave
Long Live The Ice
When you buy a gen you're rolling a pair of weighted dice in a sense. You want to get snake eyes, the weight will make it equal six total.
They just made the dice heavier for now. You're still taking that gamble.

It's not the fact that the dice are loaded, but that the rules of the game have been changed midway.

People who purchased these items are understandably upset. Even moreso considering this is something to be discovered by the users who already purchased the items expecting the same odds they had before.

exactly. I did my math, like i do everytime. I open 10 generator and do the the gold to cash ratio and she if its on par with those high end LQI, if its not i just resell them and cut my losses, if the payout is i keep opening more.

After opening over 100 i never got less than 3 bil buut this afternoon i purchased a few more and couldnt get high than 200 mil. If its based on the principal of chance why is it the first 100 i never recieved less than three bill but the last 20 i opened straight were all under 200 mil

it was nerfed theres no question about it. my logic is undeniable. haters gonna hate.

Rainbow Succubus

For the greater good, I am happy, though the damage really has already been done.

But I feel awful for those who feel misled, and do see it as unfair! Yes, theyre a gamble, but to have expectations shattered in such a way, I definitely have empathy. We must remember that people are only buying gold generators to be able to keep up!*

I can only predict such a sudden nerf widening the chasm between the extremes of wealth, sadly.

*before anyone wastes their time by commenting to educate me on the effect of generating gold on an economy, and the resultant inflation... I know already, only too well. But there are people who just want that nice item so they can enjoy their time on gaia, and the only way they felt they could manage it was to win gold. I sympathise. I want people to have fun here too!

Sparkling Trash

20,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
VVhip
For the greater good, I am happy, though the damage really has already been done.

But I feel awful for those who feel misled, and do see it as unfair! Yes, theyre a gamble, but to have expectations shattered in such a way, I definitely have empathy. We must remember that people are only buying gold generators to be able to keep up!*

I can only predict such a sudden nerf widening the chasm between the extremes of wealth, sadly.

*before anyone wastes their time by commenting to educate me on the effect of generating gold on an economy, and the resultant inflation... I know already, only too well. But there are people who just want that nice item so they can enjoy their time on gaia, and the only way they felt they could manage it was to win gold. I sympathise. I want people to have fun here too!

ALL I WANT IS TO BE SYLVEON BUT GOD DRAGONSLAYER IS RIDICULOUS

Heart Tamer

Lorennland
VVhip

ALL I WANT IS TO BE SYLVEON BUT GOD DRAGONSLAYER IS RIDICULOUS

So do countless other people who don't have the means to spend Gaia cash and are perpetually affected by the hyperinflation created by damaging gold generators. I tend to have much more sympathy for them. And from the sounds of it in the other thread, you said you made "1.4t" before the nerf, so you should have more than enough now.

Dangerous Strawberry

12,250 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
VVhip

This is how I feel, too. I just wish they'd have made an announcement. I picked up a few and it's whatever, but nerfing it to the point of getting two charms from one box (heart and star). I could have bought a fusion pack instead. /sigh. This really wouldn't bother me if Gaia had just been honest about what it was doing.

Will probably not be buying gc any time soon. Oh, well, it was my wake-up call not to give gaia $ again.

Green Smoker

Even the charms have been severely nerfed in this item. One of each, a heart, a star & a diamond. You don't do this to your paying customers. Instead of screwing with items that people have already purchased, you remove the item from the cash shop, stop selling it permanently & replace it with something new with lesser payouts. You don't tamper with it without any notice after customers already bought it.

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
Quantum Dragon
It would be nice if they had some sort of warning but I'm kind of happy if they nerfed it. The economy is already bad enough and gold gens with insane amounts of gold grants just makes it even more worse. Some items are already massively inflating because of it.

Korinthiana
It's good its nerfed, but they still could have said something

Marth clone
Isn't it a good thing gold gens were nerfed?

But not announcing the change in gold is shady business practices as usual.

Gash Thrashum
As far as I know, it's fair game for them to nerf the average payout as long as the advertised large gold winnings are still the same. The economy is at its all-time worst right now, so quite frankly, I'm glad they did this. I can understand why people might feel cheated, but those things are always a gamble. In my own selfish way, I hope this puts people off from buying gold gens in the future because they're a bane to the economy.

I would quote half the folks on this thread if only it wouldn't be spammy. But yes. This nerf is well-deserved. In fact, please get rid of the gold gens, or create equally massive gold sinks that can outstrip the gold input. Our economy needs to be fixed and this is absurd. rolleyes

I agree that it is not in good business practice to nerf without prior warning though. At least some announcement should be made? GGs damage the economy, yes, but bait and switch isn't right either. There are other ways to fix this problem (e.g. cut the payouts of future GGs). Reputation is not something that can be restored easily. Then again, it's not as if the whole fiasco of dumping gold into the economy didn't already mess the image of the corporation up - and our community wink

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
gold gens are a gamble

you are not entitled to billions

have a nice day

Unicorn

12,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
amenamy
gold gens are a gamble

you are not entitled to billions

have a nice day

That's not even the main point lol

What matters is that Gaia suddenely completely changed the odds of a rig without any warning at all. That's just bad business. If they made an annoucement or anything at all to notify us, no one would be complaning because we would know not to purchase it. People brought the rig based on the odds we had before. Are you saying it's fair to buy a product based on the conditions/odds you had brought before only to get completely new odds? No one said you were entitled to any amount of gold, but that doesn't mean Gaia can make such a drastic change without any notification at all.

Noob

Hmm. If these gold generators have such poor odds on getting any amount of gold over a billion, perhaps sales on them will cease and users will know better than to continue buying. I honestly dont even know why we're still using gold generators with such uncertain payouts. I could buy any LQI or Advance Chance Bundle and get like a 100bill or more in the MP, no luck required. Why put your money on something you have no idea what you'll get from it, when you can just buy an item and sell it for a certain and nice amount of gold?

Green Smoker

Box For Hire
Hmm. If these gold generators have such poor odds on getting any amount of gold over a billion, perhaps sales on them will cease and users will know better than to continue buying. I honestly dont even know why we're still using gold generators with such uncertain payouts. I could buy any LQI or Advance Chance Bundle and get like a 100bill or more in the MP, no luck required. Why put your money on something you have no idea what you'll get from it, when you can just buy an item and sell it for a certain and nice amount of gold?

The 100bil or more that you are getting? Good chance in many cases that they are bought by people who use gold generators because they have that kind of gold to spend. A hundred pack of gold generators can make you far, far more than a 100 bil. Your money would go a hell of a lot farther. Well, before Gaia seriously ******** with them like they did yesterday that is. You would get more bang for your buck and you were usually able to keep up with all the new releases & recolors. That's what usually tempts people to buy them.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Box For Hire
I honestly dont even know why we're still using gold generators with such uncertain payouts. I could buy any LQI or Advance Chance Bundle and get like a 100bill or more in the MP, no luck required. Why put your money on something you have no idea what you'll get from it, when you can just buy an item and sell it for a certain and nice amount of gold?

I always see people suggesting to gold generator buyers to purchase items and sell them on the marketplace because they tend to yield higher profits. However, it's important to note that there's probably a lot of users who do indeed get more gold from buying gold generators than they would have otherwise by buying items from the cash shop and selling them on the marketplace. We just don't hear about those cases as frequently.

Also, let's not forget that the reason why cash shop items sell for such high amounts of gold in the marketplace in the first place is largely in part to users buying gold generators. Pretty much everyone has gold-generator gold on their accounts whether a person purchased/used a gold generator or a not just because of user transactions. That's why a user who has never bought or used a gold generator could have billions or even trillions of gold. In a sense, Gaia has created the perfect atmosphere for users who still buy GC. Users who want a gamble will buy gold generators are take the risk, while users who want gold but don't like gold generators can indirectly profit from gold generators in selling items from La Victoire on the MP for prices that would not be feasible if gold generators weren't in existence. It's a really tangled dilemma if you ask me xd .

All in all, the cash shops and the marketplace inflation are complexly tied together, and if we want any sort of long-term substantial deflation, then Gaia will need to make drastic changes to what they decide to sell and how much they sell it for. Just look at how many quadrillions (literally) of gold that has been sunk through various gold sinks in the last year and a half, yet $6 can yield you 200-400b if you buy the right item in La Victoire at the right time.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Zandy
I'm just saying that I personally think it's not fair to tamper with something that users had already paid GC for in any respect..

It's not fair but it's nothing new either. Gaia did the same thing nerfing aquarium fish on many occassion. FISH HAVE BEEN SECRETLY NERFED AGAIN!

are you surprised?

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
edokitty
Zandy
I'm just saying that I personally think it's not fair to tamper with something that users had already paid GC for in any respect..

It's not fair but it's nothing new either. Gaia did the same thing nerfing aquarium fish on many occassion. FISH HAVE BEEN SECRETLY NERFED AGAIN!

are you surprised?

Looks like from that thread people weren't too happy to have made a purchase only to have what they purchased altered.

The problem is, Gaia sometimes makes changes that affect users without informing users. I'm not asking that Gaia disclose their staff's lunch plans or their profits last quarter; but just be more open. It's the open communication that prevents people from feeling deceived in the first place. There are so many instances where these problems could have been avoided with some open communication.

Hardcore Noob

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces