20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Lorennland
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green
I almost snorted trying to hold back laughter.

The Mystery Golden Lunchbox also offers charms to me which can be used in GoFusion and create either items that would do well in terms of selling them on the marketplace. If you have enough charms accumulated you could even create other CIs and sell the items from them to compensate for whatever "loss" you thought you have from getting them.

It's funny on how people complain that Gaia doesn't listen to us and I'm willing to bet that people may have suggested that in order to combat the inflation that they should nerf the payout. Usually when Gaia does something like this it's from someone's suggestion.

And honestly I don't see it as a total loss or Gaia lying to them. You're getting some form of e-monetary gain.You're also getting something that can be used to create an item you can sell. If this were real life, you would end up getting nothing. And honestly something is ALWAYS better than nothing.

And last I checked, Gaia doesn't have to alert us of anything going on. For all we know it could be a legitimate glitch. Maybe we need to stop jumping to conclusions?

the charm payout dropped too. instead of getting a few charms it dropped to get a single heart charm and so on.

My point still stands though. If you have enough accumalated, even one or two here and there is going to add up and you can still reimburse yourself. Hell you can sell the charms you accumulated and probably still compensate your supposed "loss".

not even close- a heart charm doesnt sell for 3 bil min.

They admitted to the glitch so all these arguments are basically invalid. We were right they were unfairly nerfed. I shouldn't pay a dollar for something that has a lower payout than daily chance simple as that.

Actually no you weren't right. Something being "unfairly" nerfed would mean that it would have been intentional. A glitch in the system is actually unintentional and even accidental. Coding is a really really nasty beast.

And technically you shouldn't be even buying gold giving CIs as they are supposedly the cause of inflation and you're making it worse.

Anxious Spirit

11,075 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
Lorennland
sapphyredragon
Gash Thrashum
As far as I know, it's fair game for them to nerf the average payout as long as the advertised large gold winnings are still the same. The economy is at its all-time worst right now, so quite frankly, I'm glad they did this. I can understand why people might feel cheated, but those things are always a gamble. In my own selfish way, I hope this puts people off from buying gold gens in the future because they're a bane to the economy.

Are you serious? I mean, I get that gold generators pretty much caused the inflation problem, but at their current level they are certainly not a bane and have not been for MONTHS.

I'm not trying to single you out, I know there's others saying similar things, but if you care about the economy, something needs to be done about the Limited Quantity Items. The people who are making gold hand over fist are buying as many of the limited items as they can so that they seem a bit more rare. Then they just slowly drop them into the market. THOSE are the people making RIDICULOUS amounts of gold. You should not be allowed to buy more than 3 of any limited quantity item.

Again, I agree, the gold generators are the reason that people have gold now to spend on those LQI's to make those buyers rich. However, getting rid of them would end up eventually creating an even worse gap between the rich and the poor. People are not buying as much as they used to. Part of that is because the poor Gaians can't afford it and are constantly trying to save for one or two things. The other part is that the rich don't NEED to spend their gold.

To fix the economy, we basically have to bring back the middle class. That means, gold generators should probably stay (just not to a crazy level), there should be a limit on how many of certain items can be bought in the Cash Shop (maybe even just a daily limit), and the people who are stubbornly refusing to buy GCash because they "don't like what Gaia did to the economy" need to get over it. And fast. If you can spend a few dollars here and there to support the site you love, then you SHOULD. You want Gaia to do what you want, but you refuse to support them monetarily? How do you expect the site to function? It's not just floating around the air somewhere. It takes employees, equipment, maintenance, and cold, hard, cash to run servers.

So, I think EVERYONE has a role in fixing things. Use the marketplace and the exchange more! Stop hording ridiculous amounts of gold. If you see someone who is CLEARLY more poor than you, help them if you can!

A few bad apples ruin the bunch; It is a VERY small percentage of Gaians who are prospering and they are playing the system every way that they can. Maybe we should be campaigning to stop that instead of constantly griping at Gaia?? Appeal to your fellow Gaians and ask them not to exploit us the way they have been.

*claps hands* i love you. Your one of the few mentally stable people on here with some god damn common sense.

Hahaha! Thank you! I'm so glad someone understood. emotion_kirakira

dfhp's Wife

Supportive Supporter

Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green

The Mystery Golden Lunchbox also offers charms to me which can be used in GoFusion and create either items that would do well in terms of selling them on the marketplace. If you have enough charms accumulated you could even create other CIs and sell the items from them to compensate for whatever "loss" you thought you have from getting them.

It's funny on how people complain that Gaia doesn't listen to us and I'm willing to bet that people may have suggested that in order to combat the inflation that they should nerf the payout. Usually when Gaia does something like this it's from someone's suggestion.

And honestly I don't see it as a total loss or Gaia lying to them. You're getting some form of e-monetary gain.You're also getting something that can be used to create an item you can sell. If this were real life, you would end up getting nothing. And honestly something is ALWAYS better than nothing.

And last I checked, Gaia doesn't have to alert us of anything going on. For all we know it could be a legitimate glitch. Maybe we need to stop jumping to conclusions?

the charm payout dropped too. instead of getting a few charms it dropped to get a single heart charm and so on.

My point still stands though. If you have enough accumalated, even one or two here and there is going to add up and you can still reimburse yourself. Hell you can sell the charms you accumulated and probably still compensate your supposed "loss".

They admitted to the glitch so all these arguments are basically invalid. We were right they were unfairly nerfed. I shouldn't pay a dollar for something that has a lower payout than daily chance simple as that.

Actually no you weren't right. Something being "unfairly" nerfed would mean that it would have been intentional. A glitch in the system is actually unintentional and even accidental. Coding is a really really nasty beast.

And technically you shouldn't be even buying gold giving CIs as they are supposedly the cause of inflation and you're making it worse.

sorry to interject here, but i just wanted to add a point. it is NOT possible that this is a simple "glitch" when an ENTIRE ITEM DROP was added with art and everything. you now can get a "soda" from an item that never had that before, and never stated it had added that. if it was a glitch, then we would still be getting the large/small lunches with smaller payouts. that would be expected. if it was a glitch, then how can a coding error produce an entire new item, along with art, title and description? it can't. you had to PUT THEM THERE intentionally. then you "unintentionally" lower the payouts without letting anyone know, and change up the item. that's like opening up an ice fishing hole and getting a completely different fish than advertised with very low drop rates. if this were items we were talking about i'm sure a lot more people would be angry. just because a bait&switch was done on a GG everyone is claiming that the people who have a problem with it are just whining.

i agree that GGs are bad and you shouldn't buy them, but it's borderline illegal advertising for an item that you secretly changed (lowering the quality) without letting anyone know. the worst part is that the price for it was the SAME as its more generous predecessor. that's ripping people off for the money they spent, and if this was an actual store people would definitely be rioting at its front entrance.

Sparkling Trash

20,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green

Technically i can buy whatever the ******** I want, im here to help my account succeed i could give two shits if that means your anti-cash anti-generator bigots are left behind. I have no problem dropping 10 bucks here or there i spend more at starbucks every morning. And i was right about the nerf factor. People were saying they weren't nerfed that i was just getting "unlucky"- whether its intentional or unintentional it was nerfed. And coding isnt that hard especially when you have a team who specializes in it like gaia so i call BS i think they just got tired of all the "your ruining the economy blah blah " and nerfed it but then when those of us who buy cash turned and started saying we weren't going to buy cash anymore they corrected the issue. At this point i honestly dont give a s**t about inflation. Those assholes that buy all the LQI and resell them for half a trillion are the ones who are ******** up the economy leaving a huge gap in price ranges. If you sort the market place by price youll realize theres items either listed in 100 bil or less or 500 bil or more not many in the in-between range. Look at those sylveon items, even the peche items when they first came out were outrageous. give most of us no chance. I also dont mind contributing to gaia if it means i get to chance at being able to stay on top of this inflation

Ive been on gaia for over 10 years, i played it without making a single cash purchase and did great vending. Over time though as i got older and got a job and started college i no longer had time to spend hours vending it just became easier for me to keep up with the economy by cash shop items and gold generators. I dont normally buy gold generators because i genuinely do enjoy buying LQI and i have invo of over 3k to show for it, but the lqis besides dragon slayer these past few days have sucked. those lunchboxes proved to have the highest turnaround so i did what would make me the most money for my cash simple as that

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
botchaaan
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green

sorry to interject here, but i just wanted to add a point. it is NOT possible that this is a simple "glitch" when an ENTIRE ITEM DROP was added with art and everything. you now can get a "soda" from an item that never had that before, and never stated it had added that. if it was a glitch, then we would still be getting the large/small lunches with smaller payouts. that would be expected. if it was a glitch, then how can a coding error produce an entire new item, along with art, title and description? it can't. you had to PUT THEM THERE intentionally. then you "unintentionally" lower the payouts without letting anyone know, and change up the item. that's like opening up an ice fishing hole and getting a completely different fish than advertised with very low drop rates. if this were items we were talking about i'm sure a lot more people would be angry. just because a bait&switch was done on a GG everyone is claiming that the people who have a problem with it are just whining.

i agree that GGs are bad and you shouldn't buy them, but it's borderline illegal advertising for an item that you secretly changed (lowering the quality) without letting anyone know. the worst part is that the price for it was the SAME as its more generous predecessor. that's ripping people off for the money they spent, and if this was an actual store people would definitely be rioting at its front entrance.

If it was a glitch in the code then the devs didn't know what was going on, thus why we have to report it to them why it's going on.

There's no quotations because it is an unintentional thing and they're not ripping off the people. Ripping off the people would be NOT granting any gold and charms. So you get a lower payout. That does add up depending on how much you get. Again take what you can get, it could be a lot worse.

Again I don't think they're ripping off people. Glitches can and do happen that's the shitty thing about coding. Even if let's say hypothetically speaking, they do fix the issue. Some 400 things will break. Coding anything is like fighting a hydra. You take out one head, great. You got 499 more. And out of that head sprouted 5 more.

And no people wouldn't be "rioting". They would go to either customer service, or talk to a manager. Some will yell and scream indecently, others would be more decent and be more understanding. Plus with the glitch they would get a percentage off of what they purchased. Or you know they'd return it.

Also with the real world example it would more so be the actual manufacturer at fault versus the store selling it. Manufacturers do screw up as much as devs with their own engineers. Again because coding is a very hard thing to do and something goes awry. Which is why they call upon outside help to come in and fix their machines when their own techs can't fix it.

Oh the stories I could tell about my dad going to manufactures when their machines either break or need to be upgraded..

Edit: I also bought a ten pack of the item in question with gold, a few of them gave out a payout of a couple mil and some gave out a payout of 1 bil and maybe a little more. Which is no different than the payout of the Cavern Depths gold giving CI.

dfhp's Wife

Supportive Supporter

Astra Green
botchaaan
Astra Green
Lorennland
Astra Green

If it was a glitch in the code then the devs didn't know what was going on, thus why we have to report it to them why it's going on.

There's no quotations because it is an unintentional thing and they're not ripping off the people. Ripping off the people would be NOT granting any gold and charms. So you get a lower payout. That does add up depending on how much you get. Again take what you can get, it could be a lot worse.

Again I don't think they're ripping off people. Glitches can and do happen that's the shitty thing about coding. Even if let's say hypothetically speaking, they do fix the issue. Some 400 things will break. Coding anything is like fighting a hydra. You take out one head, great. You got 499 more. And out of that head sprouted 5 more.

And no people wouldn't be "rioting". They would go to either customer service, or talk to a manager. Some will yell and scream indecently, others would be more decent and be more understanding. Plus with the glitch they would get a percentage off of what they purchased. Or you know they'd return it.

Also with the real world example it would more so be the actual manufacturer at fault versus the store selling it. Manufacturers do screw up as much as devs with their own engineers. Again because coding is a very hard thing to do and something goes awry. Which is why they call upon outside help to come in and fix their machines when their own techs can't fix it.

Oh the stories I could tell about my dad going to manufactures when their machines either break or need to be upgraded..

Edit: I also bought a ten pack of the item in question with gold, a few of them gave out a payout of a couple mil and some gave out a payout of 1 bil and maybe a little more. Which is no different than the payout of the Cavern Depths gold giving CI.

my example was probably extreme, you're right it's not that large of a deal. i also understand the difficulties with coding, but you're still missing the main point here.

previously this item, upon opened would either give you an "uni lunch - 5b+" or a "tekka don - 3b+" drop. those were the only two in the entire item. now when it was released just recently, you only get a "lemon soda - 40m drop". do you see the problem here? not only has the pay out decreased by a large amount, there is an entirely new item drop that was introduced, thus removing the other two. it's not the same item anymore, its something completely different. yet they advertised it as being the same item, and made no motions to note that they changed anything.

back to the coding thing; if this was really a coding issue, we would still be getting the tekka dons or uni lunches but would either be getting no payouts or lower payouts. that is what i consider a glitch in the coding. however, if you add a completely new item, the lemon soda, with a picture and description and everything, how is this a glitch?. can an error in coding produce a NEW IMAGE? that someone had to DRAW? someone DREW this lemon soda and inserted into the coding for the item.

THIS is the main issue. by calling it a glitch the devs are putting the blame off themselves and rendering our arguments invalid. i'm glad they've decided to credit the gcash spent back to those that bought the item, but that's just their way of saying "look we changed the item, and it's going to stay that way. here take this and buy something else from us."

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Queen Monochrome
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry for rudely interjecting here, but I kind of doubt that those who bought these GGs from the marketplace will be compensated. Don't get me wrong. Gaia did a shitty thing by nerfing the payout of the GG without informing anyone, but the problem is that once something's bought from the marketplace, the buyer's gold has already gone to someone else, who very likely bought something else. Simply put, the gold's already been put through the system.

It would be nearly impossible to satisfy every party who was involved in such a transaction.

Unless Gaia could find a way to compensate those who bought the GGs from the marketplace in some other way that doesn't involve giving them gold (because, let's face it, that's just going to cause more inflation issues), I doubt that much can be done, and that is unfortunate.

Edit: For some reason, I kept saying "RIGs" instead of "GGs". I have corrected my mistake. I'm so silly.

Actually, Gaia did compensate me for the exact amount of gold I used to buy the pack from the Market Place, due to this glitch. I was just informed my ticket was completed and closed.
Thank you very much, Gaia. I do appreciate you doing this for me.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Marth clone
Isn't it a good thing gold gens were nerfed?

But not announcing the change in gold is shady business practices as usual.

ehh for our economy, hell ya.
For people who feel like they wasted their money? nah.

But I'm gonna be -that girl- and hope you learnt your lesson. Gambling is bad, man.

edit: woah, owning up to a glitch? GG, gaia.

Gambling is still bad though, kids.

Edgy Trash

Hypocoristical
Queen Monochrome
http://s20.postimg.org/ozuuhmhgt/truthinessbitchresize.png

Sorry for rudely interjecting here, but I kind of doubt that those who bought these GGs from the marketplace will be compensated. Don't get me wrong. Gaia did a shitty thing by nerfing the payout of the GG without informing anyone, but the problem is that once something's bought from the marketplace, the buyer's gold has already gone to someone else, who very likely bought something else. Simply put, the gold's already been put through the system.

It would be nearly impossible to satisfy every party who was involved in such a transaction.

Unless Gaia could find a way to compensate those who bought the GGs from the marketplace in some other way that doesn't involve giving them gold (because, let's face it, that's just going to cause more inflation issues), I doubt that much can be done, and that is unfortunate.

Edit: For some reason, I kept saying "RIGs" instead of "GGs". I have corrected my mistake. I'm so silly.

Actually, Gaia did compensate me for the exact amount of gold I used to buy the pack from the Market Place, due to this glitch. I was just informed my ticket was completed and closed.

Holy s**t, they actually compensated you?

I wonder how they're managing to do this. I honestly hope they're not just throwing gold in your account out of thin air, because that's kind of contributing to the inflation issue. Not that I'm blaming you, of course. I'm just hoping Gaia hasn't done something like that, because that would be incredibly bad for the economy.

Ziporae's Partner

Newbie Noob

17,390 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Party Member 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Queen Monochrome
Hypocoristical
Queen Monochrome
http://s20.postimg.org/ozuuhmhgt/truthinessbitchresize.png

Holy s**t, they actually compensated you?

I wonder how they're managing to do this. I honestly hope they're not just throwing gold in your account out of thin air, because that's kind of contributing to the inflation issue. Not that I'm blaming you, of course. I'm just hoping Gaia hasn't done something like that, because that would be incredibly bad for the economy.

extremely bad? nah... not at all.
The amount of people they're refunding to will amount to a negligible amount of gold. The amount of trust they'd lose and potential financial support if they didn't refund people.. that's not so negligible.

Sexy Assailant

When I first started, there was a hard-gold cap and any topic that even suggested gold for cash was promptly binned.

What's with all this freaking entitlement with these RIGs?

Ruthless Wench

I have locked this since this has been addressed ^^

Please remember to keep your replies on the same discussion that is in the first post so the integrity of the thread is not compromised heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff