Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
It really sucks cause I lost the log in days through no choice.

I was hospitalized on April 18th for emergency surgery to repair a hole in my colon and two incarcerated intestines.
They also repaired a hernia I had, and at the same time my oncologist said, let me do the total hysterectomy she needs for the cancer.
So the surgery ended up being pretty major.

After the surgery, I was in the trauma icu for a week, then went to the trauma ward for recovery.
When the physical therapists started working with me, the stomach incision split open below my belly button and required twice daily wound care.
They finally let me come home on May 30th.

Since I didn't have a computer there, I was unable to log in to Gaia, except for one single time, when a kind nurse let me use her tablet to leave a message for my friends in my journal.
Now I'm locked out of Loyal's and I feel like Gaia has shafted me.

I've been a loyal Gaian since 04, and currently spend far more than I really should on Gaia Cash.
I think that having only one single way to qualify for Loyalty is wrong, and I'm sure it has hurt more than one innocent person.
If it was at all possible, I would have logged in every day, but it was simply not even possible.

Please rethink your Loyalty qualification Gaia, it just doesn't seem reasonable to have only one way to qualify.
At the very least you should consider the people who are spending real money on Gaia Cash to be loyal to Gaia.
I've been supporting Gaia this way for years and now I feel like I've been stabbed in the back.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The requirements for Loyal's shop are quite silly, honestly. They really should just open the shop to everyone. Give everyone a chance to sink tons of gold into these items.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Bleeding Apocalypse
The requirements for Loyal's shop are quite silly, honestly. They really should just open the shop to everyone. Give everyone a chance to sink tons of gold into these items.
Agreed. Site attendance shouldn't be the only thing that counts as being a loyal member. Cause as the OP has proven, sometimes things happen that are out of our control and can keep somebody from logging in.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Happy to have you back and that you are doing okay.

Yeah, it does suck. Especially since it'll take another three months to get back in. (I think that is the way it works) and as I real life, there are no guarantees of being able to log in daily.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Agreed. Site attendance shouldn't be the only thing that counts as being a loyal member. Cause as the OP has proven, sometimes things happen that are out of our control and can keep somebody from logging in.

Like power outages, or vacation, or storms.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Nova0437
.~.Lady_Aji.~.

Like power outages, or vacation, or storms.

Or having your house/neighborhood destroyed by tornado or flood...

Chatty Cat

15,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Nerd 50
That whole shop is just a ploy to get the lab rats conditioned to logging in every day. If we don't log in every day, we will be less apt to spend our money here. Everything they do is some sort of enticement to get people to spend money. That's ALL that matters anymore. They don't care if people are half dead in a hospital. They don't care if someone is in prison or kidnapped or held captive by terrorists. You better find some way to log in to Gaia or you will LOSE your opportunities here!

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Nyadriel

Or having your house/neighborhood destroyed by tornado or flood...

Yup.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
KandyLime
That whole shop is just a ploy to get the lab rats conditioned to logging in every day. If we don't log in every day, we will be less apt to spend our money here. Everything they do is some sort of enticement to get people to spend money. That's ALL that matters anymore. They don't care if people are half dead in a hospital. They don't care if someone is in prison or kidnapped or held captive by terrorists. You better find some way to log in to Gaia or you will LOSE your opportunities here.

That's what I think it boils down to as well. Also, there's people who don't come here every day, but do spend quite a lot of time when they do.

But 3 months and then a 3 month waiting period if you mess up or aren't active enough is very ridiculous.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
KandyLime
That whole shop is just a ploy to get the lab rats conditioned to logging in every day. If we don't log in every day, we will be less apt to spend our money here. Everything they do is some sort of enticement to get people to spend money. That's ALL that matters anymore.

Sadly, they still insist on off-putting business practices, ridiculous pricing policies, and near identical items. Plus, more ads doesn't magically make all your free-to-play users rich. Not to mention they ignore a lot of user suggestions that could make them more money, and monetize item suggestions through Project generators, while not listening to free feedback.

Eleven years of work down the drain...

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I always thought the single requirement was stupid. It should either be a mix of things or have other options.
This would have been a great use for achievements. The more achievements you complete the more things unlocked for gold. If you've been on Gaia for X amount of years and active y amount.

Fashionable Smoker

KandyLime
That whole shop is just a ploy to get the lab rats conditioned to logging in every day. If we don't log in every day, we will be less apt to spend our money here. Everything they do is some sort of enticement to get people to spend money. That's ALL that matters anymore. They don't care if people are half dead in a hospital. They don't care if someone is in prison or kidnapped or held captive by terrorists. You better find some way to log in to Gaia or you will LOSE your opportunities here!

Dapper Noob

It's not even a loyalty shop. It a "Keep our daily traffic and log-in numbers high so our investors don't bail on us, or you can't have nice things" shop.

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

I am sorry that you were hospitlized but I do not think gaia will be changing things. The shop is set up so even new loyal gaians can get into it. You simply need to log in for the next 90 days and you will be allowed in the shop again.

Bloodthirsty Bibliophile

Pistol Kiss
I am sorry that you were hospitlized but I do not think gaia will be changing things. The shop is set up so even new loyal gaians can get into it. You simply need to log in for the next 90 days and you will be allowed in the shop again.

That might be, but lots of what happens in LB is limited time only, and that's unfair to those of us with issues that take us away unwillingly. I also have major health issues that lead to me being put out, surely we all have friends with home circumstances that mean that they cant be here everyday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff