Welcome to Gaia! ::

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

Alanna Rose
Pistol Kiss
I am sorry that you were hospitlized but I do not think gaia will be changing things. The shop is set up so even new loyal gaians can get into it. You simply need to log in for the next 90 days and you will be allowed in the shop again.

That might be, but lots of what happens in LB is limited time only, and that's unfair to those of us with issues that take us away unwillingly. I also have major health issues that lead to me being put out, surely we all have friends with home circumstances that mean that they cant be here everyday.
You can always ask a friend to buy it for you. I understand it is not fair but it would be unfair to those who wait there time if they just let people in because they got sick or had another reason they couldnt get online.

Kawaii Spirit

I hope you feel better soon.

If you want anything from Loyal's, shoot me a PM. You can just send me the gold and I will get it for you. It's no problem at all.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Pistol Kiss
Alanna Rose
Pistol Kiss
I am sorry that you were hospitlized but I do not think gaia will be changing things. The shop is set up so even new loyal gaians can get into it. You simply need to log in for the next 90 days and you will be allowed in the shop again.

That might be, but lots of what happens in LB is limited time only, and that's unfair to those of us with issues that take us away unwillingly. I also have major health issues that lead to me being put out, surely we all have friends with home circumstances that mean that they cant be here everyday.
You can always ask a friend to buy it for you. I understand it is not fair but it would be unfair to those who wait there time if they just let people in because they got sick or had another reason they couldnt get online.
So? They'll get over it.

Bloodthirsty Bibliophile

Pistol Kiss
Alanna Rose
Pistol Kiss

How is creating other ways to get in unfair to those who did the attendance? That's ridiculous. It's like saying that its unfair to be able to buy with gold that you earned/vs cash that you bought. If both options are available and reasonably equal, both are valid.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Pistol Kiss
Alanna Rose
Pistol Kiss

So? They'll get over it.

The odd thing about the sentence "They'll get over it," is it applies to the other side too. You lose access for whatever reason? You'll get over it and regain it again. So, be careful how you use it.

That said, I'm against just handing access to LB over as long as logging in is the only requirement. If they make other requirements, they should make fulfilling just one give you access. I also am for staff making other requirements. And I am a person who has lost access to features on sites all over the internet because a hurricane took out my internet for weeks or something, and I got over that and just started logging in regularly again.

It's bad enough a poor user who logs in everyday can't afford anything from the store they fairly gained access to, but a rich user who logs in once every six months or so for whatever reason can just get another user with access to sell them the item. The whole thing is unbalanced really.

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

Alanna Rose

How is creating other ways to get in unfair to those who did the attendance? That's ridiculous. It's like saying that its unfair to be able to buy with gold that you earned/vs cash that you bought. If both options are available and reasonably equal, both are valid.
I never said that? I stated giving special passes to some users is a bad idea. Also you can not even compare the two things. One is a special area for those who visit the site regularly and the other is our currency.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Pistol Kiss
Alanna Rose

I never said that? I stated giving special passes to some users is a bad idea. Also you can not even compare the two things. One is a special area for those who visit the site regularly and the other is our currency.
I don't think anybody was suggesting special passes. Either make Loyal's shop open access or come up with more requirements, where doing one of them grants you access.

Dangerous Hunter

11,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
There definitely needs to be more options, I agree with that.

On the other side of the coin though, yes, it is frustrating to lose access but it isn't the end of the world.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

I can kinda sympathize, and I kinda can't. Like I mean, I missed out on an achievement highly relevant to my user namesake because a hurricane took out our power lines for nearly a week, so I get the aggravation on missing stuff because you can't log in. But on the other hand, this is something you can regain, and there are alternate channels as others have noted, so it's not like you missed out on something forever. Like I did. stare

That being said, I would be completely in favor of Gaia posting alternate requirements that we can fulfill to get the shop. I mean, I'm an '03 user, have been to a couple of their con panels, have spent way more than I ever should've on Gaia cash, have over 10K in achievements and over 20K forum posts, and was in the first endboss crew for zOMG. But I took an extended hiatus to focus on my life a little, and came back to find my account locked and Gaia telling me I'm not Loyal and have to wait a couple months before I get the cool stuff.

So... yeah, the system could be improved. Heck, how about a quest (remember those?) to get a VIP pass for Loyal's Bazaar? Limit it to accounts that are at least, let's say, three years old, make 'em jump through a bunch of hoops, and they get free access forever. I think it'd be a nice alternative, personally.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Shadow Assassin Adiji

On the other side of the coin though, yes, it is frustrating to lose access but it isn't the end of the world.

I though Uncle Kenny said somewhere that there were supposed to be multiple ways to qualify for entry?

Dangerous Hunter

11,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Nova0437
Shadow Assassin Adiji

I though Uncle Kenny said somewhere that there were supposed to be multiple ways to qualify for entry?

The only one I have ever heard of is attendance.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I went to the LB landing page and now it's telling me I don't qualify. Pretty sure I've logged in enough lately. Is there a way to check days logged in outside their potentially glitched counter?

Perfect Saint

Well I'm glad you made it through all those procedures. Those were very intense and taxing. I hope you make a full recovery.

I think there should be alternate parameters to gauge 'loyalty'. Perhaps they can adopt Club Verge's policy to maintain membership by buying 9999 GC per year? Maybe buy with a certain amount of gold per month? Easier for some users depending on the amount...1 million? 10 million? I was thinking 1 billion but those items are in LB so they can't access those. Might be hard to sustain if only a month...maybe 1 million gold sunk in the gold shop for 90 days?

How about contributing 100M to a gold sink event also gains them like 6 months entry?

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Myrielle
Well I'm glad you made it through all those procedures. Those were very intense and taxing. I hope you make a full recovery.

I think there should be alternate parameters to gauge 'loyalty'. Perhaps they can adopt Club Verge's policy to maintain membership by buying 9999 GC per year? Maybe buy with a certain amount of gold per month? Easier for some users depending on the amount...1 million? 10 million? I was thinking 1 billion but those items are in LB so they can't access those. Might be hard to sustain if only a month...maybe 1 million gold sunk in the gold shop for 90 days?

How about contributing 100M to a gold sink event also gains them like 6 months entry?

Couldn't they additionally do post count numbers or join date? I still don't understand the argument that adding other qualifications would somehow be unfair. I partially think it just has to do with elitism. I have access though I had to wait almost 2-3 months despite the counter starting at 14 days when the store opened. But the wait time period is extremely stupid.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
AKB0048
Myrielle

Couldn't they additionally do post count numbers or join date? I still don't understand the argument that adding other qualifications would somehow be unfair. I partially think it just has to do with elitism. I have access though I had to wait almost 2-3 months despite the counter starting at 14 days when the store opened. But the wait time period is extremely stupid.
This.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces