Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Kitten

12,725 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
I don't even buy GC because what's the point of spending $1k on a set of pixels when you could simply use that money in a better way like paying your bills.

Also, I don't have any money but if I did, I still wouldn't spend it on intangible objects.
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gaia must get some amount of money from people visiting the website.. Just like a few others do JUST by going to the domain.. Which is how I see it.
Loyalty=more money for Gaia. That's it

Desirable Businesswoman

I'm all for there being more options on how to get into LB but I also understand that at the same time it's not Gaia's fault for if someone loses their access to LB due to whatever reason they have. But I do not support the Achievement or posting count suggestions. There are people on the site who lurk or play the games or post in guilds that doesn't count towards their post count. And there are also users on the site who really don't care about the achievements. I just don't think these two options would be very fair for everyone especially those with posting anxiety since you need to post in the public forums to gain both of those requirements -since many achievements are about posting that is-

My suggestions are:
Join date: Have an account at least three months old to gain access to LB
Pay gold to get in: Honestly I wouldn't make it any more then 10k so that it's more accessible to gaian's who don't have millions of gold and this way they also have enough funds to purchase from the shop.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Unfortunately as much we ask ,they will most likely not change the requirements for being able to partake in LB.

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
They need to fix the bloody counter first of all.
Which, by the way, I haven't even seen addressed anywhere though I might have missed something.

I don't necessarily disagree with the requirements to join LB, even if you lost the membership because of real life issues, well, s**t happens and you can always gain it back again. Yes, ofc some of the items are for limited time only but so are some of the GC items or the MC items and I can't afford GC so I have to buy the overpriced and continuously inflating marketplace ones.
I'm all for having more options to qualify but the point is to have some ongoing activity on the site.
I know some suggested post count but I guess you can do that by just mindlessly bumping a couple of days so that would not really require that much activity.
Anyway, I dunno, more options would be OK, sure.

What generally bothers me is not that you have to log in every day to prove your loyalty and gain access. What bothers me is that Gaia isn't worth it anymore. It's spiraling downwards and it's trying to keep the users around with things like that.
There used to be a time I willingly logged in every day and spent hours upon hours on the site. There were no 'loyalty' rewards and yet I was still here. Now I feel like Gaia is trying to lure me in dangling an overpriced carrot in front of me that I'll never get to eat. I mean, despite the ******** up counter and my own rl issues I finally got to enter LB and it still means nothing cause I don't have that much money cause I can't afford GC and unless I start selling my inventory, there's no other way to make gold around here anyway. XD

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Yoshiki-san
They need to fix the bloody counter first of all.
Which, by the way, I haven't even seen addressed anywhere though I might have missed something.

A Staff Alert would be nice.

Shirtless Pants

14,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pewpewkachu
It's not even a loyalty shop. It a "Keep our daily traffic and log-in numbers high so our investors don't bail on us, or you can't have nice things" shop.

TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
KandyLime
You better find some way to log in to Gaia or you will LOSE your opportunities here!

Sounds like a damn job. I already have a job, Gaia. And, it pays ME; not the other way around.

I mean, poots, jobs at least offer SICK LEAVE and VACATION TIME (stress leave but that's optional and only presented in some jobs) and INSURANCE and THINGS LIKE THAT. What do you have to offer us, Gaia? Huh, huh?! What!? Huh?! Punk?! Wanna' fight!?!

Unrelated note:
Too much coffee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas