guardians of the galaxy

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My Best Enemy
Where's the source of the reason Tektek has been requested to take down his site under the grounds of copyright infringement?

Go to the TekTek site, and there will be two links to follow with the source.

Demonic Lover

It's not the same and you all know it emotion_zzz
Gaia used their artists to create items based on that stuff, if they are too close or not it's for other companys to say, but Gaia made their artists create them, Tektek is directly using Gaia's images, wich Gaia has not done.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My Best Enemy
Where's the source of the reason Tektek has been requested to take down his site under the grounds of copyright infringement?

Here

Ruthless Prophet

It is ridiculous and a lot of people have been pointing out just exactly why this whole situation is upsetting.

If Gaia would actually have a decent way of building dream avi's, then it wouldn't be too bad (though I'd still and will miss tektek immensely) but as it is, they don't. It's such a mess trying to find anything through the inventory search, especially when you hit the 600 result limit. Like how are you supposed to get to the next page? It completely cuts off and you can't even see the rest of the results. So unless you know the exact item you're looking for, you're screwed. (Unless I'm missing some 'next page' button somewhere, but as of yet, I still haven't found one)

I'm very disappointed in this move, Gaia. Been getting tired of your crap for awhile now and you just keep digging the hole deeper.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
I don't know if the Animal Crossing items have been mentioned, like the Strategic Moneylender.

Closing down Tektek may have inadvertently gave Recolor.me additional advertising.

Anbu`'s Husband

Ruthless Capitalist

"Tektek's use of the Gaia mark is likely to create the false impression that the tektek site and products and services offered on the tektek site were created and controlled by gaia"

Umm pretty sure we all knew gaia had nothing to do with it,
Hence why it was so easy to use and didn't try and make us pay for it. rolleyes

Friendly Cat

15,075 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
I don't think they care about the copyright infringement aspects of this. I think they are more concerned with the amount of time people have been spending over there and the number of people who have given up on Gaia but are still spending a lot of time on Tektek creating dream avis, etc. Just my opinion. They'd rather get all those people back over to this site, to look at ads on this site, and spend money here.

I think the copyright infringement was merely an excuse. These are just my opinions, of course.

Greedy Drake

Recently they made an item called Allagan Holy Arcanist, now they make knock off items all the time but this one actually has the actual 100% spelling of a gear type/civilization from ffxiv (Allagan) This was not a word made up before final fantasy XIV used it I believe either. So idk if that even counts as knock off.

Manly Sex Symbol

13,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
        • Let's not forget the new Pokemon items everyone is shitting about

I really don't see why tektek is a big problem NOW. It's been here for a decade and has a forum dedicated to it (Avatar talk, Dress up.) I do believe it's because of recolor.me or something of the sorts.

Celestial Shapeshifter

LemonKat
I don't think they care about the copyright infringement aspects of this. I think they are more concerned with the amount of time people have been spending over there and the number of people who have given up on Gaia but are still spending a lot of time on Tektek creating dream avis, etc. Just my opinion. They'd rather get all those people back over to this site, to look at ads on this site, and spend money here.

I think the copyright infringement was merely an excuse. These are just my opinions, of course.

That in a nutshell. The issue is that people get bored with just dressing up they want other stuff to do. ZOMG gave players things to do. With it gone and a lot of other games gone and neutered/not updated, it's hard to be interested in the site. Even now I'm surfing other sites more heavily and just glancing at Gaia once in a while.

Divine Muse

This answers my question from July 8th 2014.

Does Gaia still have a lawyer?

The above link is really interesting, you should click it.

If Gaia creates a replacement, I would be fine with that. Checking the current prices in my specific inventory was very convenient and useful.

I sincerely hope they consider it.

Kawaii Sweetheart

I am very upset about what's happened with Tektek.

Tektek was the best tool around for putting together an avatar. Sure, for a while it lagged behind, unable to keep up with the massive, constant influx of new items on Gaia. But it was always the best. Tektek sorted items much better than Gaia's Dress Up. It was so easy to view all black shirts, orange companions, red accessories, etc. I find doing this in Gaia's own Dress Up nigh impossible. Items aren't tagged well; many times even if you search for the exact name of an item, you won't find it in search results. I would make outfits on Tektek, then come equip them on Gaia.

--------

Dear Gaia,

I've been using your website for nearly 11 years. It's my favorite website. I've been using Tektek since I discovered it, and I'm sure that's been almost as long as I've been a Gaian. You never lost anything from me to Tektek. In fact, using Tektek improved my Gaia experience.

This is a grave disappointment.

Signed,
One of your most loyal members

Demonic Capitalist

My Best Enemy

Playful Lunatic

11,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tycoon 200
xx I met my fate xx
Barnbrat
The Walking Dead items....

I think those were done with a sponsorship deal.

Oh were they? I learned something new. My bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff