Dont we all. <3

Undead Enchantress

Mistress Kitn
RavishingRuby
Mistress Kitn

Here ya go.

Aww i want one!

Dont we all. <3
Those are cute. I think the company took issue because not only for the obvious stated issues, but the concept can translate to actual earning potential if the company made their own TM versions. It has real life usage extending beyond the fan base, whereas, Pokemon-inspired items on Gaia cannot really be used anywhere else except on Gaia and people use virtual money to pay for them. People just buy GC direct, but indirectly pay for Gaia premium items. I'm no lawyer, but perhaps that does give enough distance for Gaia to keep doing their homage or inspired items.

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
So from what I have read here (all 27 pages): Here's the simple explanation to anyone that's confused or still not understanding the situation.

Basically why the letter Tekton received from Gaia and the staff announcement is different is because Tekton had every right to run whatever ads he wants so that's why the letter to him does not mention his recolor.me site at all. BUT gaia does want Tetkton to remove his recolor.me ads, so what can they actually do? Send him a C&D that talks about copyright infringement only. Otherwise how else can they get Tekton to remove his recolor.me ads? This would force him to shut down tektek or remove his ad's, meaning no more recolor.me ads on tektek.

I'd say gaia did a smooth move there as much as we dislike it. BUT what they didn't do smoothly was how the staff announcement mentions recolor.me. it shouldn't had, causing it's users to think they are saying two completely different things and are lying to us.

So am I missing anything here or is this the gist of it?
Parody or not, the items are still 70% identical or heck 90%. Xumbreon? talk2hand and a shiny version of Umbreon? K, Gaia.
It'll be funny if someone made a complaint about Gaia to one of those companies listed.
The Iron Magus

Cartoon Fairy Ball is more of a parody that these items. emotion_facepalm

User Image

Lmfao! That image.. xD Sailor Moon as Ash Ketchum, Pikachu without a nose, and inside the capsule is a friggin Hello Kitty, lol.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
DUNSPARCEUS
Parody or not, the items are still 70% identical or heck 90%. Xumbreon? talk2hand and a shiny version of Umbreon? K, Gaia.
It'll be funny if someone made a complaint about Gaia to one of those companies listed.

Get ready to crack up.
I reported that s**t when it when live, and the human items....

Did I mention the Mario? Zelda? Nintendo will have the last laugh.

edit: super surprised when people said they reported it too, or asking me for links.

Cute Furry

its a curse
DUNSPARCEUS

Get ready to crack up.
I reported that s**t when it when live, and the human items....

Did I mention the Mario? Zelda? Nintendo will have the last laugh.

edit: super surprised when people said they reported it too, or asking me for links.

I wouldn't hold your breath if you're waiting for anything to come of those reports sweatdrop

Divine Enchantress

19,025 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Team Moira 200
Not to mention the batman, catwoman, Harley Quinn, NIghtwing and Poison Ivy items! emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
This is a glorious post. TY OP!

I'm so ready for the inevitable crash of Gaia Online. rolleyes

Anxious Fatcat

Naruto
Kamigami no Asobi -I have seen items for Balder and Loki
Dragon Ball Z
Sailor Moon
Bravely Default
Ragnarok Online
Mario
Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Final Fantasy - I was gifted a hair that looks just like Aerith
Inuyasha
And many... Far too many more...

Five
Nights
At
Freddy's

Which are actually less blatant than some of the other examples listed here...

Ruthless Wench

Hey, guys!

If you have feedback to offer it's best to post in a thread that is within the first few pages of Site Feedback. A thread that is almost a month old may have been abandoned by the OP, and it's not fair to them if they do not wish to see the thread to be revived. It could also be that the topic has run its course and is not relevant to the site any more.

If the OP would like this thread unlocked they can contact any moderator, however, please keep in mind that Site Feedback is open to multiple threads on any one subject as long as the subject matter is not against the rules/FMI stickies at the top of the forum. You are not bound to posting in any existing thread as long as the FMIs say so.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces