Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Junior

It would be nice if Gaia was able to block IP addresses. The creep followed me to this thread, and commented on my post. The same person has been going this for months.
The whole ignore list thing is great, but who do I talk to about taking blocking a bit farther?

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Sextans
i wanna know why i put them on ignore
in 6 months know i wont remember it

i want an ignore list sort by:

• marketplace incident
  • user doesnt keep their word
  • user cancelled trade
  • forum incident
  • troll
  • hacker
  • scarmmer

Yup, this is the only update to the ignore list I would use.

Shameless Ladykiller

Lovely update! heart
Is this Thread Dead and these Suggestions will not be taken into consideration anymore ?

Devoted Tactician

9,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
  • 20 Wins 100
Good changes.

But.

Nobody wants Towns 2, it looks horrible and it isn't want the gaian community has grown up with, if you are concerned with fixing things? Fix Towns. The bug and trash issue of constantly re-spawning, the infrequent day and night cycle changes and not being able to name new housing locations. Towns, aside from those issues, is more or less perfect for what gaia is.

Lavish Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Only problem with ignore list is that I wish there was a confirmation when you're ignoring somebody. I accidentally ignored someone today and felt horrible.
i need to ask Again

is this thread really dead ?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/topics-blocked-1/t.84291429/

Scurvy Pirate

Sextans
i need to ask Again

No other changes are being made at this time. We're watching the results of the change and if we see something is an issue then we'll address it at a later date but currently we don't have any additional functionality or fixes to add.
Uncle Kenny
Sextans
i need to ask Again

No other changes are being made at this time. We're watching the results of the change and if we see something is an issue then we'll address it at a later date but currently we don't have any additional functionality or fixes to add.

the current Issue is this:
i just realized some user is ignoring me
i noticed it because i have the notification at the botoom of the page

"topic blocked 1"

it took me 30 seconds to find out who was this user who is ignoring me.

im ok with that. i'm just bothered by this "topic locked 1"
i dont want to see that.
i hope you can fix it. .

please and Thank you for responding smile

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
FINALLY!!! scream scream scream scream

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
U n t a n g l e
It would be nice if Gaia was able to block IP addresses. The creep followed me to this thread, and commented on my post. The same person has been going this for months.
The whole ignore list thing is great, but who do I talk to about taking blocking a bit farther?
Even if they blocked the creep's current IP, there is nothing to keep him from using a different one, e.g. at work, school, the library, a friend's, or any place that offers free wifi. neutral
U n t a n g l e

You know how much of a lag that would cause. IP addresses are not like accounts. . To block an IP addresses would make it a pain.And to block an IP address would cause gaia to start charging a monthly fee to it's users. Best solution if for you to act like that person is not there. I hate the ignore system. Because I feel it is a lazy way of ignoring someone.

If I'm on gaia. I act like i'm not there. I don't respond. And normally the person who is harassing me goes away.

But if you wish to do the easy way. Just ignore the person. And take screen shots. Send it in.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
U n t a n g l e

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is report it.

Blocking IP addresses is extremely ineffective for a lot of reasons, one of them being that most people these days have dynamic IP addresses. So, any site that has IP blocking can easily be circumvented by hard resetting your modem. Furthermore, when IP addresses are recycled, you could end up blocking a completely different person than you intended. Finally, if the person harassing you is accessing his account from a public place, you're effectively blocking off everyone else who uses that same IP. Also, things like proxies exist and are pretty easy to access.

If you need a further example as to why IP banning is completely ineffective, look at 4chan. They exclusively do IP banning and it is extremely easy to ban evade.

Shy Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Firestarter 200
Uncle Kenny

So lately I've been noticing that the people I have on ignore are now for whatever reason saying something on towns and I can see it but yet their avatars are still 'invisible' per say. Is this a glitch or do I need to something else? Someone mentioned it might be due to the new updates to the ignore system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff