Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
True Manticore
User Image

I know many were looking forward for this update, but personally I never ignore anyone because I prefer to know what others do that concerns me, and I want them to know that I'm aware of it. I find that people often turn down the dissing behind others' back when they can no longer do it in secret.

Basically for me it's "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". I always felt that putting someone on ignore would be like closing my eyes while they rob my house in my presence. emotion_awesome

Nicely put. I'm also one of those people who makes the choice not to ignore anyone just because that individual have a tendency to disagree with me in nearly everything I ever posted. But this new system is going to make it like I did the ignoring when I am the one being ignored. It's taking away my choice.

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
" no last login date"
I'd really like to keep the last login date, because I often ignorelist tolls, and if someone has been banned or hasn't logged in in a year, what use is there keeping them on my ignore list?

Questionable Man-Lover

I love how you cannot see each other's thread.woot! login date is nice to see though.

Beloved Nerd

Uncle Kenny

Quote:
Also the not able to pm the person is kinda of an outrage. When lovers fight they add each other to ignore. To have some alone time. You will make it harder for them to respond to each other now. I've seen couples one day add each other on ignore and an hour later remove them from that ignore. I've also seen it happen in days. Now lets say it's a popular name. And since each other can't respond. That means Mult-accounts that have been ignore has to be search though.

If they're fighting with each other and they don't want to Ignore each other anymore then all they have to do is remove each other from their Ignore lists. It's also very unlikely that Gaia is the only place that they have contact so it's not really a risk of removing all their communication channels. Further, if they DO want to keep each other on Ignore maybe the relationship wasn't so great to begin with.

I love this XD
Semi-relationship advice from Uncle Kenny!
Also, either party can EASILY make a mule and message each other if they want to let each other know that they want to un-ignore each other.
will it work also in guilds?

Wealthy Genius

Uncle Kenny

Forums
  • You cannot view or enter any of their threads and they cannot see or view any of your threads

Do you mean:

Forums

You cannot view or enter any of their threads and they cannot enter or view any of your threads?

Liberal Informer

emotion_0A0

Anxious Friend

Went to <3 the thread...couldn't emo Do not like.

Anyways, glad to see the ignore feature being updated to when you ignore someone, they don't exist anymore to you!

I can't imagine why someone needs more than 500 though eek I don't even have anyone on my ignore list.

The one thing I think you should keep is the last log in date of those ignored that way it's easier to prune your ignore list of those who havent logged in in a while.

Profitable Lover

9,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Uncle Kenny

Now, does this mean that I can't physically see them listed in the forums and sub-forums?

Because as it stands, if neither party can see each other's threads or comments (regardless of who ignored who), it seems like you can easily start mud-slinging without a second glance. If the ignoring party can't see their ignoree's posted threads, then the ignoree could hypothetically continue harassment without the ignoring party being any wiser to them.

Someone else would have to do the reporting for harassing behavior, and unless MODs can see who is and isn't ignored (although, I'm guessing they can, but for the sake of my argument let's say they can't), then how are they supposed to know if a friend is just being a butt (good or bad) to another friend or if they're legitimately attempting to take that person down?

Just because someone can't see they're being harassed, doesn't mean they still aren't being harassed, and if the person being harassed can't see they're being harassed, how're they supposed to report it?

Dedicated Player

I think since there will be drastic changes which makes it harder if someone wants to make up, there should be a make up room, where the person who wants to make up is allowed to send an invitation to the person they want to make up with.

Because sometimes there's big misunderstandings.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Thankyou!
I am so happy, I won't be getting hakkled by my stalker anymore! heart

Friendly Phantom

7,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Uncle Kenny

• You cannot view or enter any of their threads and they cannot see or view any of your threads
  • You cannot post in their threads and they cannot post in your threads

I love this part because its so useful beyond the obvious. Now Thread owners can have some control over their threads. Before if you were running any kind of roleplay thread or shop thread and someone wanted to troll you or was black listed for breaking the thread rules all you could do was tell them to leave and hope they did so. But now owners can actually "ban" people from their threads by adding them to the ignore list. Bravo.

Lonely Lunatic

You sure are serious about ignoring....

Lionheart

hooooorraaaayyy 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items