Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
this all sounds awesome~ thank you. heart

i hope art shops/requests/freebies are also going to be accessible from art discussion though.

Rainbow Dog

Quote:
Renaming General Discussion and creating a new sub-forum for casual discussion for those GD forum goers who have requested a space to have more lengthy discussion than what is currently offered in the GD main forum.

Isn't that why Extended Discussion exists?
Also

Thoughts on the Metal forum:
I also agree that moderation in the metal forum should be different, but it does not necessarily need more mods.
The issue that all the regs there tend to have with the moderation is that the mod(s) assigned to the forum obviously have no idea what they're doing.

Threads for bands that do not actually have anything to do with metal stick around, while threads about actual metal bands are moved to places like the recycle bin and chatterbox. The worst thing about this is when those threads about metal bands have plenty of discussable content that is actually being discussed.
Plus why should threads that are actually about metal be moved, regardless of content, if threads about post hardcore, metalcore, and deathcore bands are not? Those three are not metal, and I'm pretty sure in one of the stickies it says they aren't.

The metal forum does not need more mods. It needs mods that actually know what they're doing.
It needs someone who actually knows something about metal and who knows how to moderate properly. If need be, look outside of the forum for someone like that. However, even though the regs have a reputation (really for being blunt which people think is being mean, apparently) it might not be a bad idea to look at them for potential moderation.

Due to the current situation, the forum is really having to moderate itself.
Of course that's going to lead to what has happened with the regs. Do you honestly believe it wouldn't? The only way to get that crap out of the forum is to pretty much run people out since the mods aren't doing jack s**t.

Cute Waffles

15,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
YESSS!!! Finally! I support the Fall Forum Clean-Up!!
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues
I believe there should be a Punk subforum in the music section. There are enough variations/sub genres/whatever and enough history in the genre to warrant creating one.

It would help keep some clutter out of the main music forum.
On top of that, there are threads about punk bands pretty often in the metal forum. When informed that because it's not metal it goes in the main music forum, the general response is "well this was the closest thing there isn't a punk sub-forum"

I honestly think there would be enough traffic and discussion to warrant creating one. I hope you guys take the request into consideration, at least.

Dapper Noob

actually, would a progressive rock subforum be too much to ask as well?

i realize it kind of looks like a slippery slope (if punk and prog, why not x?) but punk and prog have both been extremely influential juggernauts in the world of rock music since the 60s and 70s and i kind of feel like they both should be represented.

yeah, both can go in the main forum, but all that music in one forum tends to get kind of messy. if not for the fact that there is a really heavy pop and mainstream slant to the main forum (most of the regulars detest progressive rock specifically) but also because both are huge genres in their own right. both prog and punk have many, many, many subgenres all their own and really need forums of their own for the entirety of their respective nomenclature to be given the appropriate time of day.

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
NicolBolas_Alara
MHHornfreak
Hope it works out.

I absolutely love your avatar, sir.
Thank you! It's one of four Doctor Who avi's i have.
Still waiting for the day when Onexone Searches get their own sub-forum! heart

Blessed Noob

heart heart

Dangerous Noob

Arch3ngel
Quote:
Renaming General Discussion and creating a new sub-forum for casual discussion for those GD forum goers who have requested a space to have more lengthy discussion than what is currently offered in the GD main forum.

Isn't that why Extended Discussion exists?
renaming some forums to better reflect the community that inhabits that forum.

CB ( chatter box ) pointless Spam

SF ( sight feed back ) complaining about everything

CD ( Gaia Community Discussion ) 'Bawww' fest 2

GD (General Discussion) rip her to shreds.

ED (Extended Discussion) self righteous proclamations

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Interesting biggrin

Can't wait to see it in action~

Devout Humorist

10,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Apprivoise
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads would be amazing too.
Being able to clean up on our own.
Ditto on this. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas