Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gawker

8,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Apprivoise
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads would be amazing too.
Being able to clean up on our own.

I think that this is a great idea! It would be nice to delete things that we have done to help keep out the clutter or threads we no longer want.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
How about in the TV forums, create sub forums for specific channels that are popular among Gaia's user base. That way, it is easier to find topics about shows you are more likely to be interested in.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Merge GD + CB

Aged Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Hi, so I know that you guys said that you would be cleaning up the sub forums, but what about specific threads within the forums? Because I know there are a lot of threads out floating in the system that never get deleted and they take up a lot of space. I know it takes a really long time and it's hard but this would probably help out the site as well.

Dapper Noob

The regulars of Metal Forum would like there to be an official Punk subforum.

Tipsy Tipper

Metal Forum needs a Hardcore Punk Forum STAT.
Punk forum.

Fashionable Cat

The Young Rapid
Punk subforum.

Smoker

The Young Rapid

Tipsy Tipper

The Young Rapid
I believe there should be a Punk subforum in the music section. There are enough variations/sub genres/whatever and enough history in the genre to warrant creating one.

It would help keep some clutter out of the main music forum.
On top of that, there are threads about punk bands pretty often in the metal forum. When informed that because it's not metal it goes in the main music forum, the general response is "well this was the closest thing there isn't a punk sub-forum"

I honestly think there would be enough traffic and discussion to warrant creating one. I hope you guys take the request into consideration, at least.

Dapper Noob

dollarbillblues
I believe there should be a Punk subforum in the music section. There are enough variations/sub genres/whatever and enough history in the genre to warrant creating one.

It would help keep some clutter out of the main music forum.
On top of that, there are threads about punk bands pretty often in the metal forum. When informed that because it's not metal it goes in the main music forum, the general response is "well this was the closest thing there isn't a punk sub-forum"

I honestly think there would be enough traffic and discussion to warrant creating one. I hope you guys take the request into consideration, at least.

Codebreaking Inquisitor

Your_One_Only_Love
I think that there needs to be a "Recruiting" part in Barton Town.

It would make searching for people SO much easier because NO ONE checks the OOC area for that kind of stuff.

Either that or a 1x1 subforum.

Stellar Succubus

yisei
VVhip
Given that I'm speaking from the experience of someone who spends a lot of time in the Q&A redirecting or seeing just such people who aren't in the art community but wish to buy art. I felt they were really sensible reasons.

People who artists might want as customers, but that struggle to find the forum because the logical leap for them is to go searching for art in the art forums and come to the Q&A when they're unsuccessful.

That was my main concern and why I suggested that it's a question of logic, really.

Fair enough though, if they're not planning on moving them, I assume shadowing the forum means they'll be double linking it, from both the art forum and where they reside now, correct?

That'd be handy if they do!

yep double linking (:

and although i understand your concern, in the hypothetical situation where the art shops are being moved, i would still be against that. those are only a few select people who posts in the q&a as compared to the majority of the art community. logically, it does make sense for the art shops to be under picture post but the community in picture post is just so vastly different that i feel like a lot of people would be against it.

but both our problems are solved with this double linking ^_~

T'is brilliant! I hope it means less confusion (And less confused and lost people coming to the Q&A for directions because people find the places easier!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff